Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 21st, 2010

Your Question Time: Piers Responds To Madonna And Reveals The Backstory

In the British parliament, legislators engage in "Question Time" – a chance to get any and all questions answered.

In our "Your Question Time" web series, we'll ask Piers Morgan the questions you want answered. Today: responding to Madonna, and where he'd be without Simon Cowell.

Responding to @SLBFan1982, Piers weighs in on the simmering back-and-forth between the duo. He describes his history with Madonna's publicist, who once told him "'listen to me, read my lips, Madonna is not pregnant,' and the next day she announced her pregnancy to a rival newspaper." Piers says Madonna may have a "lifetime ban" from his show, but she "does know me."

@WEJPunter asked where he'd be without Simon Cowell. "Simon gave me my big break in America, there's no question about that, but as he always says, he gave me the break, but if I had been useless, I'd be sent straight back home," said Piers.

@Bearchenwilma asked how long he has been a "Gooner," and Piers talks about his favorite American sports teams.

We'll have more of Your Question Time later this week!

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Question Time
  1. Fullbag

King no doubt green lit Morgan as had knows he is a big load, and therefore will not outshine the uninteresting and contentless job Larry had done for the last 25 years or so.

December 21, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Ronnie

hmmmmmmmm I banned Morgan the first time I heard he was taking Larry King's spot!

December 21, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Skeptical

I'm not at all impressed with Piers Morgan and doubt he can do the job to maintain the ratings and audience that Larry King did. Time will tell.

December 21, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. dougo

If this self absorbed twit thinks he will get good ratings by being confrontational it may work in the short term...but eventually no one will want to be on his show

December 21, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. GozieBoy

What a Pompous Twit this dufus is. He will see just how much everyone ignores him when he gets buried by Fox News (and the local cable access channel) in the ratings.

December 21, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Paul, Atlanta, GA

Not sure why we needed a Brit to host a CNN show, surely there is talent in the USA and we don't need to import freakin' TV talking heads now. Used to watch Larry King but can't stand this guy.

December 21, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Jon

CNN hired this guy to replace King? Is this a joke?
    He was a judge on a talent show and he is not even American!

December 21, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. DrPangloss

Two people I'd never watch

December 21, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Miguel in NY

Piers Morgan is nothing but a hater. He's just jealous that Madonna will be a billionaire by 2012 and how much will he make? He is NO Larry King, that's for sure. I think Madonna's career will survive without an appearance on his show. He's also nasty to the contestants on America's Got Talent. He should be banned from television.

December 21, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Pamela

Piers is a moron to insult the most populat femal artist of the 21st century just b/c he did not get a "scoop" back in his newpaper days. Madonna should not appear on his ill fated show b/c she can do interviews with bigger newsmen. CNN should fire Piers once his ratings show his true colors. CNN should also cancel the Elliott Spitzer show too.

December 21, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. domeunit

all you had to do was tell Madonna she was banned to get her to shut up? Wish somebody would've thought of that in the 80s

December 21, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. jazz

Is it possible you will be less smug when you greet your American audience? They can Love You and Hate You in a New York minute.

December 21, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. kmac

Never thought I'd miss Larry...

December 21, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Ann

What perspective will you bring to an American audience? Will it be the trashy, ultra-personal style of the English tabloids? Your lifetime banning of Madonna for allegedly dissing you is so petty. I guess you can tell I am not happy with CNN's choice. You will bring your British bias to every show I fear.

December 21, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. John

Piers, you're just another hack, tyring to turn news into a silly metaphorical boxing match. You idiot we want to see informative news, not Jerry Springer News.

December 21, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. mark

Who is Piers Morgan? Is his show on BBC America?

December 21, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. BoFo

Jeez. Just another reason to stop watching CNN.

December 21, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Ssk

Banned Madonna because her publicist wouldn't reveal a personal detail? Sounds like a big baby.

December 21, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. PJH

Is this just stupid, or does it mean something?

December 21, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. PJ

Madonna is so far above Piers Morgan it is ridiculous to even report this story. Morgan is a pathetic, obnoxious man.

December 21, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Dan Halen

Sounds like he starting off with a chip on his shoulder. Oh well, I wasn't going to watch his show anyway. I guess this seals his fate with me. He might want to also do a reality check that Madonna probably would not have appeared on his show to begin with. How really low class he has become.

December 21, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Senor Lamo

Who this this guy? And who cares.

December 21, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Can't CNN find news reporters?

I love the Brits but I'm sick to death of opinionators. How about actual journalists? I don't care what some guy thinks!

December 21, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Robert

A lame attempt to leverage Madonna's name. If this is any indication of the intelligence of Piers Morgan's show, I don't imagine I'll be tuning in.

December 21, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Brett S.

He banned Madonna from being on his show...I shall therefore ban him from being seen on my TV!

December 21, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Kathy Fenn

Piers does nothing for me. Can't believe he is replacing Larry King. BIG MISTAKE.

December 21, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. tom

Poor, Madona.

Banned from a show she hasen't heard of ...

December 21, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Private Reader

I understand the entire shades of gray meaning to the world, but it really does not work when trying to read web pages. Please change the page for better constrast to make the article easier to read if you want people to actually come back.

December 21, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. David

I honestly cannot imagine anyone wanting to watch this. I was seriously surprised to hear that Morgan was being given his own show. He, more than any other judge, made me stop watching American Idol.

December 21, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Dizzy

Please tell the camera man to stand still and stop the fast simultaneous zooming and panning. Come on does he think the show is so bad he needs to make it more interesting with B movie effects?

December 21, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Jkane

This is why no one cares CNN. This isn't news. As much as I hate Fox and their political biases, at least they keep the entertainment tonight fluff to a minimum.

December 21, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Ray

Why does this guy even have a show? Banning Madonna? Whats next? Oprah? Obama? Sure. Ban people you couldn't even book if you tried.

December 21, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Dog

WAY to many Brits in AMERICA , go back to england

December 21, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Roadhunter

Who the heck is Piers Mogan?

December 21, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Nandu

If you had a chance to do another "talent" show would you?

December 21, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. in OZ

I don't really have an opinion about Madonna either way but to ban her for life from appearing on your show? It seems he might be a bit bitter he didn't get the scoop. Let it go Piers.

December 21, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. John

A general thumbs down for Piers. You have replaced a respected seasoned professional interviewer with a tabloid talent show host. What were you thinking?

December 21, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Mike62

Come on... do you really think this is News? Madonna is not concerned that Piers has some "goofy ban" on her!!!! Thats laughable...

December 21, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. lilgtogirl

Why is this loser the new chosen one? He doesn't do anything except have an annoyingly pompous british accent. Hell just get someone from Eastenders if no one cares about talent. At least they are interesting.

December 21, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Mark Lockerman

This sounds like another show that I'm going to run right out and MISS.

December 21, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Steve

I give Piers show 3 months before being yanked. I'm not claiming to be an expert on t.v. ratings but come on, anyone who can't see this show tanking has got to be completely oblivious. Yah, I'm speaking to you CNN execs. Who green lit this???

December 21, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. santana talbers

This guy will not last a year on television. What the hell was CNN thinking making him Larry King's replacement. I don't care if he lands Almighty God as a guest, I will never ever watch his show. My dislike for this idiot stemmed from when he hosted AMA. and during the auditions he tried to belittle Michael Grimm during his audition. He literally threatened to have him booted from the show because Mr Grimm went over the allowed time by a few seconds. Well even a peanut brain could have seen that Grimm was going to be a star from that audition and that it wasn't intentional that he had gone over. This idiot does not know how to talk and relate to people. Heed my words he will be done soon due to poor ratings.

December 21, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. katy

CNN becomes so boring now, Only AC360 is a great show to watch.

December 21, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. katy

This guy even doesn't know if there is any people going to watch his "show", he's already talked about banning someone

December 21, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Ashley

LOL!! LOVE HIM ALREADY!! Can't wait to watch his show!!!!!

December 21, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Allison

Is this page meant to be read? The powder blue with white script is soooooooo bad. Not a good introduction- get a new graphic artist for your page Piers!

December 21, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. @casejackpoker

A recent attempt to regulate and legalize online poker in the US by Nevada Senator Harry Reid was rejected. The UK offers legalized, regulated online poker; do you think the US should as well? Do you have any thoughts on the future of online poker in the States? Thank You

December 21, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Kevin Kemp

Isnt this idiots 15 minutes up yet? What a jerk this guy is. Comes to our country and acts like a jerk to people like Madonna, Howie Mandell and other hard working rags to riches success stories. This guy turns my stomach.

December 21, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. lolarites

I don't see any reason to advertise his boycott of Madonna. She's so over, no one would notice that she's not being put on. I guess he just wanted to twist that knife stuck in that publicist.

December 21, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Chuck

The first thing that hit me was the white text on the light blue background. Maybe because I couldn't read it. And I'm only 20. I hope I'm not losing my PQ...

December 21, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  51. MICHAEL S

NO MO ON YOUR SHOW EVER COME ON THIS IS THE USA AND WE LOVE MO. PIERC GO HOME !!!

December 21, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Rick

Oh Gosh!!! I might get a migraine by trying to keep up with his english accent.

December 21, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  53. madmax

maybe he is doing this becuase he has been banned from the dentist...

December 21, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  54. zivo24

Uh huh, Piers...I'll bet Madonna is just weeping at the news that you're banning her from your pathetic show because of some slight from her publicist years ago. Get over yourself, egomaniac.

December 21, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. Alben

He owes a lot to Susan Boyle.

December 21, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. patricia lumaava

I love Pierce Morgan! He's a very good interviewer and he's a handsome Englishman. He can hold his own. I like that English wit, a little bit like Simon Cowell but more refined!

December 22, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  57. patricia lumaava

I'll be watching his show. Can't wait!!!

December 22, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  58. George

AC360 the best news

December 22, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  59. George

Anderson copper the best news on television

December 22, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  60. Shocked

CNN edits even the most barley negeative comments. I guess CNN is not interested in displaying public opinions.

February 23, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply