Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" will put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 29, 2010, Gov. Chris Christie and Mayor Mike Bloomberg are criticized for their blizzard response, are now responding.
• New Jersey Governor Christie is on vacation with his family in Disney World, and his lieutenant governor is on vacation as well. Responding to critics, a Christie spokesperson said: "It was Christmas week; his kids were home from school. It was a family vacation. The response to the storm has been the same as it would be under any circumstances." New York City Mayor Bloomberg is also being criticized for his clean-up response, and he responded yesterday as well.
• The storm continues stranding travelers. From CNN: "Representatives from AirTran, American, Continental, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue, United, U.S. Airways, Spirit and Southwest reported a total of at least 9,726 trips were called off due to weather since Saturday. Of those, at least 1,335 flights were canceled on Tuesday as major airports across the region slowly got back to normal."
• Several skiers were injured on a lift at Sugarloaf Resort in Maine. From CNN: "More than 200 people were trapped up to 90 minutes and as many as nine were injured, officials said."
• One of the lead actresses in "Spider Man" is departing the production, adding to the list of production snags for the expensive Broadway musical. The show, still yet to open, is still dealing with fall out from a major injury sustained by a stunt actor earlier this month.
• The "Kennedy Center Honors" aired last night – and Oprah Winfrey, Paul McCartney and others were honored. Chris Rock got jokes in at the expense of some of the honorees, as well as President Obama, who was in attendance.