READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" will put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 14, 2011, the State of the Union next week may get bipartisan seating, and Rep. Giffords is recovering remarkably well..
• Will the traditional separation of Democrats and Republicans during the State of the Union address change, in the wake of Tucson? CNN's Gabriella Schwarz reports: "Colorado Democratic Sen. Mark Udall's idea of having members of both political parties sit next to each other at this year's State of the Union address is gaining traction – some positive and some negative. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Udall's "thoughtful suggestion" is worth "serious consideration."
• Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is making remarkable progress since the assassination attempt left her in critical condition on Saturday. From CNN: "Doctors could remove the breathing tube for U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Friday as she continues on her "miracle" journey to recovery after an assassination attempt and mass shooting, her husband said."
• Rep. Giffords' husband Mark Kelly is scheduled to command the final space shuttle mission, but plans are underway for a backup, just in case he cannot make it: "Astronaut Rick Sturckow will serve as a backup commander for the mission so the crew and support teams can continue training, NASA said." The mission is scheduled for April 19.
• The Spider-Man musical is facing yet another delay: "The opening of the Broadway musical "Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark" has been postponed for the fifth time, making the new opening night March 15, its producers said."
• CNN's Ed Henry reports Bob Dole is out of the hospital after "three stays in various hospitals after suffering from an infection that led to a fever."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
I will right away clutch your rss feed as I can't to find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly permit me understand in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.
Notify me of new comments via email.