READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" will put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 18, 2011, Giffords may be released soon, China's Jintao visits D.C., Jobs takes medical leave.
• Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is recovering so well she could be released from the hospital in days or weeks. From CNN: "Giffords, who was wounded in the January 8 mass shooting in Arizona, underwent a successful procedure Saturday to repair a fracture in the roof of her right eye socket, doctors said Monday."
• China's President Hu Jintau is in Washington D.C. and meeting with President Barack Obama tomorrow. From CNN: "Chinese state media has reported that Hu will stress how a constructive, comprehensive partnership between the powers could be mutually beneficial and help ensure stability in Asia and worldwide despite differences between Beijing and Washington."
• Sarah Palin is responding too criticism of her Facebook message about Arizona, last night on "Hannity." Alexander Mooney reports: "'I am not ready to make an announcement about what my political future is going to be. But I will tell you ... I am not going to sit down. I am not going to shut up,' she said."
• Apple CEO Steve Jobs is taking a medical leave of absence. John D. Sutter reports: "For the second time in two years, Apple CEO Steve Jobs is taking leave of absence from the company because of a medical condition, according to a letter Jobs sent to Apple employees."
• Former VP Dick Cheney is sticking with his prediction that Obama will be a one-termer. From CNN: "In his first interview since undergoing heart surgery last July, Cheney told NBC News he still expects Obama will be voted out of office in 2012."
• And in a developing story, Regis Philbin announced this morning he would be leaving "Live with Regis & Kelly."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
I missed the Oprah interview PLEASE tell me when I can see it on tv again. Thank you.
What qualifies the news that she might be released from the hospital soon as 'need to know news'? Frankly I became tired of the news coverage ad nauseum of the shooting after the first 3 or 4 days.
I enjoyed last night's show and understand Oprah doing a taped interview versus live. But is every show going to be taped? Doesn't seem like that would be fun for the audiience long term. Good luck, though, no matter what.
You hang in there "Gaby". You're doing a great job showing that lunitic that his plan was a total failure... I feel that with you as the Congresswoman will show this moron just how tough and strong the American people!! AND YOU WILL PROVE IT!! God Bless You
Notify me of new comments via email.