Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 19th, 2011

Condi Rice on marriage: "I've come close" but "you don't get married in the abstract"

Former Sec. of State Condoleezza Rice will be interviewed for the hour on "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9pmET/PT, and talks to Piers Morgan about the Iraq War, Sarah Palin, Barack Obama and much more.

But she also gets personal – talking about why she's never been married. "I've just never found anybody that I was going to spend my life with," she says. So how could Piers "woo" her?

More on marriage:

Rice: You don't get married in the abstract. You find someone you'd like to be married to.
Morgan: How close have you come.
Rice: I've come close.

As for how he could "woo" her, Rice said, "Convince me that you'll spend Sunday afternoons watching football." She also said she'd cook southern fried chicken, cornbread, chili and gumbo.

Check out the full interview with Condoleezza Rice tonight at 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Patricia Hendy

Shall be watching your show tonight on CNN channel 201 from Barbados. I'm told that the former Secretary of State, Condileeza Rice visited Barbados for a brief private stay during the time George Bush was President and that she has relatives on the southern part of the island. Would love to know if these are factual reports. Ty

January 19, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Obinwanne

Piers . . . please, please, please, change your set. Your could almost destroy your show with the set you have now.

It looks like an 80's science show . . . it's hurting my eyes and it's incredibly distracting.

Use dark neutral colours with bright, single-tone accents . . . kinda like Larry King's set (remember that?!). And don't throw light everywhere i.e. illuminate yourself and your guest, not your set.

It's subtle but believe me, it would work better for you Do a poll, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Cheers.

January 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bham

I agree. the color combos hurt my eyes. yikes

January 19, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Starfish

I agree...

January 19, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • jonie

I totally agree with the "change your set" comment!!! Piers is fine, but that set is stark and harsh. Agreed: "don't throw light everywhere". Just because Larry King's set was lit and colored in a warm, appealing way doesn't mean this one must contrast by being hard, bright and sterile!!! (could live w/out the crazy disco background lights of the King set). Also, I found the relentless profile view (3/4 body no less) of the guest - as capable as Rice was of withstanding it - to be harsh and exposed feeling.

January 20, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. alex

Condi, i'm always your fun, saw your tough face when u visited kenya in 08 after the election crisis. Any political ambitions in 2012?

January 19, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. James

Why would you ask Condi about marriage? Really. Think about it. Really. It's kinda well known.

January 19, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Anonymous

Why should she? She has George Bush!!!

January 19, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Liz H.

I look forward to seeing this interview w/Condi.

January 19, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Mazyar Kanani

Piers is a lightweight. Asking a major architect of one of the most tragic modern wars about why she hasn't married ?? He is the " Hello" magazine equivalent of TV journalists

January 19, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dr_Feelgood

You didn't even watch the whole interview. The majority of the one-hour interview focused on policy and decision issues regarding her gov't work. This was just part of the final 5-minute where they discussed "lighter" matters. Now put your foot out of your mouth.

January 19, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • guest

Dr Feel good YOU didn't watch the show Condi played Pierce like a deck of cards. She actually tried to justify the war in Iraq using the same sh-t that got us there in the first place. She tried to back out of the WMD only to look like a bigger fool. I swear they should have slapped cuffs on her right there. She was a Bush wind up doll. It is clear why Obama was left with such a disaster . We really needed Fareed Zakaria on this one.

January 20, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  8. Nate Duty

I just saw a short spot of your interview with Condoleezza Rice and her poor excuse for our invading Iraq. Apparently you, like most others don't have the balls to tell it was. There was no threat to the United States. We controlled them. We destroyed their Army like it didn't exist in 1991. As a result of their surrender, they couldn't fly in the North or we would kill them. They couldn't fly in the South or we would Kill them. We had inspectors on the ground looking for WMD's 24/7 and there were none. Our own inspectors told Bush and Rice THERE WERE NO WMD'S. The next time you get one of these people on your show grow some balls and tell it like it in FACT WAS. I am a Vet, I am retired law enforcement and not opposed to fighting for what is right but what Rice said is BS and the fact that you like all other interviewer letting her off with her BS is BS. Start helping expose the truth rather than cover it.

January 19, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Diana

How true. I'm about to make a similar comment.

January 19, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Michael

I agree and couldn't have said it better. Unfortunately, the last journalist on mainstream TV to ask tough questions was summarily fired before the illegal invasion of Iraq. his name was Phil Donohue.

January 19, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • HAN CHO

"We will have to repent in this generation, not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people; but also for the appalling silence of the good people". Dr. Martin Luther King,Jr.
      I can't understand condi rise's interview... no shame?
      Too many people were killed by US army air attack bombing... most of them ... innocent people incluce children...
      What is Justice???

January 20, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. originalmann

Piers Morgan I thought it was so distasteful for you to as Condoleezza Rice if she drink while being Secretary of State? Why was that even important? Did you ask former Pres. Bush that question? Just because Tony Blair drink did not even make sense for you to ask Condolezza Rice that question, ask Bush that question. Poor jouirnalism!!! This is not Acess Hollywood or TMZ!!!!!

January 19, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Honest Dude

Why is she NOT married? Oh come on, look at her! She'd make any dude turn gay.

January 19, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Rock God

It's the worst kept secret in Washington that she's a lesbian. So what? She should just come out and be happy.

January 19, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Joe in Colorado

I've always found Condoleezza very attractive. Her career probably makes it tough for her.

January 19, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • wolcir

I agree with you. She is a kind of hot. We don't know her personality but wisely could result...

January 19, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Landman

I agree.

June 26, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Stefanie

Independence is an amazing and cool thing. WhooHooo!!

January 19, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. PDXSerric

First off, WHO CARES? I mean, does anyone give a flying rat's behind as to why she's not married?

Secondly, it's obviously because she chews the head off her mate during coitus. Duh.

January 19, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. CaliGirl

I thought it was so disrespectful to ask her if she was "high maintenance" and that's why she never got married. Would he have asked a former Secretary of State that if it was a man? I doubt it. Condi is a class act. Her private life is her own business.

January 19, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Linda

Maybe when she comes out of the closet and can legally get married she will!

January 19, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. ak

I agree, change your set. The lighting is terrible.

January 19, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Yugo

I thought the interview was quite pleasing. Piers asking her questions like that and actually getting a response, briefly exposed a soul underneath the hard image she has built up.

January 19, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. victor

Boring, what a boring guy.

January 19, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • paris

PIERS MORGAN SHOULD REPLACE LARRY KING. HE ASKS THE BEST QUESTIONS. HOWEVER..... SHUT UP PIERS AND LET CONDOLEEZA ANSWER THE QUESTIONS FULLY. YOU DON'T HAVE TO ASK ALL YOUR QUESTIONS. PICK A FEW GOOD ONES AND LET HER TALK. WE WANT TO HEAR FROM HER, NOT YOU! If you can learn to let people talk, you could be betterr than Larry King. For now, you throw out good questions and just when we're getting to the substance of the answer, you interrupt!!! That's not good interviewing, it's good tv time. But people don't watch because you get out all your questions in record time, we watch only because we get to know the person who is being interviewed. I stopped watching the interview when I couldn't hear all of what Condi had to say. What a waste!!! I'll just read her book.

January 19, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • dare

@Suburban Mom i was about to write the same thing-piers has his unique style, i m not bothered about the myopic references to TMZ or magazines, the fact is we are human, but PIERS MUST LET HIS GUESTS SAY WHAT THEY HAVE TO in response to his questions...and STOP cutting them short.

January 19, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
      • Histarfish

I totally agree with your post.
        You need to stop thinking about your next question and try listening to the answers. It seems like your not even really interested in what your guest has to say. It is really annoying.

January 19, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
      • Greg

I completely agree. I had to stop watching because I found it so frustrating to have Dr. Rice constantly constantly interrupted in mid answer. It was amazingly disrespectful. I don't think Piers will last

January 20, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
      • Marcie A

I also agree! This is the 1st time I have EVER commented in a public forum but I want PMT to be a sucessful show and his constant interruptions to the questions he's asking is driving me crazy!!! I'll hang in there for a few more shows in hopes that he can let his guest talk. Best wishes on the show, I want to watch but not sure if I can if the interviews do not improve

January 20, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  20. Delyse

Okay, Piers, I think I've given you enough chances with Interview No. 3. Condo Rice has always had my admiration. I think she's an absolute icon. Havent always agreed with her politics but I still admire the lady very much for her hard, hard work during those Sec of State days. Now, I've only seen half of this interview so far but I've come to two conclusions. One is giving you the benefit of the doubt by saying maybe it's being cut insensitively and too quickly. The second is that you are a totally insensitive person. An example, you show a clip of Condo with Aretha Franklin. As we watch the clip, you are talking to Condo and she is trying to explain that before that scene, she had just played a serious piece of music. You didnt even let her finish!!! You were so obsessed with HER accompanying Aretha Franklin and so asked her some totally irrelevant question at that point. No, Piers, you are too lightweight. However, I'm going to watch Interview No. 4 with Ricky Gervais because, hopefully, he will use some of his caustic wit on you and not let you get away with this drivel! CNN, how long is his contract? Can we get out of it?

January 19, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. steve sedberry

I've watched five minutes of the interview and hereby declare: "Condi for President." I had forgotten what an absolute and incredible treasure this woman is. She is incredibly bright and yet so humble. I absolutely loved her comments on her childhood. This country needs people of integrity and conviction steering it through the murky waters we face.

January 19, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Nathalie

There are several problems with that set design it's flickering and so distracting that I can't concentrate to listen to the conversation. And the colors are much too bright,,, Please please please, change it!!!

January 19, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Rob

Piers let your guests answer the question before asking another one. Very annoying to listen to his interview.

January 19, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • MizRoxy

I do not like the British style of interviewing; of interrupting their guest &of trying to put words into their mouths. The style seems to directed at showing how smart (not!!) the interviewer is and to force their opinions down the throats of the viewers, insinuating the audience is too stupid to make their own evaluations. Piers needs to take some lessons from Larry King. Ask the right questions, but then allow your guests to answer them and the viewers to form thier own opinions. Having said that – Piers came out a poor second next to Condi. She is not one of my favourite people, but she diplomatically showed she is much smarter than Piers.

January 20, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Lynn Turra

I am really enjoying this program. My only complaint would be that Piers interrupts in the middle of his guests speaking and in the middle of a thought. It gives the impression that he is not listening and is frustrating to not hear the guest's complete thought. I enjoy the people he has scheduled for his shows.

January 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. John

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeee stop interrupting Piers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 19, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Karen

Piers,

You are not a very good listener You cut your guests off and seem more interested in the questions you want to ask than the answers they are giving. Let them answer fully for goodness sake. You interrupt at every turn! geez.

January 19, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. T.A.Wyner

Piers, You didn't see the film, "Courting Condi"...................required viewing in prep of interviewing her.
    It may at first seem funny, but it's not... as you pay more attention to real family, childhood neighbors, teachers, students and fellow academics.......the picture of Condy morphs and a very different person is revealed. I saw it at an independent film festival..............and then it disappeared after being banned at Stanford. What a waste. I guess we'll have to wait another decade to dust off that film and factor in the wealth of input from those closest to her.

January 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Nikki Leeds

Piers,

I have watched each of your interviews and you need to stop interrupting your guests. The way you cut them off before they have completed their thought or sentence makes me nervous. Otherwise, I am excited about your show.

Best of luck,

Nikki

January 19, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Adam Akers

Can someone please tell Mr. Morgan to let her answer a question before asking the next one? I don't think that he is listening to her.

She herself even had to stop him and ask to be allowed to finish!

January 19, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • SDC

I agree- it was a bad, bad interview and very disrespectful to Ms. Rice. He just kept popping out questions as if he was a reporter so you do not see that connection and empathy that other great talk show hosts have. He totally missed the point of making a more meaningful conversation on the death of C. Rice's dear friend during the civil rights movement which deserved a deeper conversation. He obviously wanted to score the point for the night by pushing her to admit that the use of WMD was a pretext to war, cutting off Ms. Rice as she was explaining her position, to the point where she had to say " let me finish" . Bad interview, but kudos to Ms. Rice for her gracious handling of the questions.

January 20, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Giannis

Mitzi I can answer this besauce my family lives down there! You are outside of my color planting schedule by about a month. The trick is, Las Vegas gets so hot in the summer, but you can grow almost all winter long. My book is really for a spring-summer-fall planting schedule. The dates I offer might work for you and others who live in warmer climates, but really have a spring-summer and a fall-winter season. I am very aware of your needs, and it’s on my list of things to research and write about. But honestly, I can’t speak from experience, only from my research. I encourage you to contact your local extension service (www.extension.org) for a recommended planting schedule.

April 2, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Davis

Hey Morgan, if you want to have an interview, how about waiting to ask your next question until your guest is done with her response.

January 19, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Davis

Reality check: if you claim to be the hottest new interviewer, wouldn't avoid interrupting your guests? How distasteful....

January 19, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Roy B

Piers; Congratulations on your great start. PLEASE continue to ask probing and interesting questions, BUT please allow your guest to complete their answer. You cut off Condi too many times tonight. I was very interested in hearing her answer the questions you posed, as she made valuable contributions to our history. It makes no difference if we agree with her views or not. She was a key player in the Bush administration and does have insight that helps us learn how decisions are made. Continued luck.

January 19, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Suzanne

Agreed, Piers is constantly interupting his guests. So iritating and frustrating to watch. He never lets them finish a complete sentence. He absolutely looks like a rookie. And the ridiculous questions...CNN should look to see if Larry King is still available as I think this time slot will need filling in sooner than later.

January 19, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Suburban Mom

Piers,
    Would you PLEASE STOP interrupting your guests? You'd ask Condi a question, and then you'd cut her off asking some ridiculous tangent question. She even had to tell you, "let me finish this question and then I'll address your next question."
    I mean, come on, Piers. It's 35 minutes into the interview and you still keep interrupting. Do you think that's good "interview strategy" or makes for good tv? It's isn't. It's just bloody annoying. Knock it off.

January 19, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. mmh

Piers– you're off to a good start: great guests, the ability to make an interview sound like a casual conversation, the ability to draw people out (Howard Stern: what a pill). BUT PLEASE PLEASE STOP INTERRUPTING THE GUEST WHILE THEY ARE ANSWERING!!! If you don't, you will be your own undoing....Best wishes. (Loved Larry years ago, but it's been time for him to move on for the past several years. Glad to see you on board.)

January 19, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Suzanne Miles

Stop interrupting and "listen" to your guests......relax, settle down, focus.........

January 19, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Maurice

Piers, For an interviewer suitable to replace King, you realy have a lot to learn. When will you allow your guests to finish a line of thought before interupting. I counted many times in the Rice interview when you barged in with some inane question or comment before Dr. Rice could finish her answer. Horrible interviewing technique. Maybe suitavble in \the UK but very disruptive in North America. But then you were probably selected for the job to cater to Europian tastes.

January 19, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Heather

Totally agree that you need to change your set. Very distracting and hard on the eyes. Love you Piers but quit interrupting your guests. I want to hear their complete answer before you ask the next question. Are you even listening to them?

January 19, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Paul

I quite agree. Let your guests speak. Larry King did and so does Charlie Rose. I hate it when 2 people are talking at the same time

January 19, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. matt

If you have a knowledgeable person like a former sec of state. please let them answer your questions. We want to hear her, not you..

January 19, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Michael

Connie Rice, like the rest of her Neo Con cohorts are complete liars when it comes to the illegal invasion of Iraq. Saddam was a thug but if he was continuing to serve American interests, as he did in the 1970's through to the mid 1980's, he would still be in power. To use the gassing of the Kurds, and usage of WMD's in the past as justificaiton for attacking Iraq many years later is complete nonsense. The West supplied the checmicals and know-how for the WMD's and the helicopters that delivered them – and did very little when it actually happened. The gassing of the Kurds occurred during the Reagan years and let's not forget that the US government supported the Apartied regime, among other nefarious governments.

January 19, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Stephanie

Let them answer fully for God sake. You interrupt your guests every time you ask a question.
    Listen to what they have to say.

January 19, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Michael

Piers. Congrats on your new show, but you are still throwing too any softballs. Connie Rice et al lied about weapons of mass destruction, and she neglected to mention that the USA, China and Europe armed Saddam to the teeth for many years, including WMD chemicals and choppers. When the Kurds were gassed the West did little, and the heligopters were US made. The Bush Adm also refused to allow weapons inspectors to do their job etc and could not wait to invade Saddam. She lied through her teeth.

January 19, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. AP

I'm so sick of single women being asked why they are not married and whether they'd dreamed of big weddings. Piers, would you ask a middle aged single man the same question? Who CARES why she's not married.

January 19, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Dianna Durboraw

A good interview is one where a question is asked and the quest is allowed to answer...fully without interruption. It is very annoying and rude to interrupt mid-sentence. I don't think Piers is really a good listener and not so interested in his guests answers. Could he learn to keep his mouth shut and allow his quests to complete their thoughts. Maybe he could look at Larry King's style and learn how to be a good interviewer.

January 19, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. edith katronis

I miss the relaxed in your living room type of interview Larry King did. Larry did a lot less talking and encouraged the guest to speak. I am not interested in the opinions of Piers.I am not intersted in what Peirs brother did or does. Piers personal life is of no interest to me when there is only one short hour to listen to an interesting guest. Please let the
    guest finish and do not interupt or I will not watch your program.

January 19, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • King

I agree. Piers you do not need to prove yourself, by showing us how many great probing questions you have come up with. We will not continue watching this to admire you, but we will continue if the interview becomes a conversation between two people. You only need half of the questions you've asked to do that, and don't worry-you will look good and probably even better with less of you and more of them.

January 19, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Diana

Pierce, if you really wanted to ask tough questions, you would've challenged Condoleezza Rice when she said that all the intelligence showed Iraq had WMDs. How about asking her about what Ambassador Wilson has uncovered with regard to the so-called purchase of 500 tons of uranium from Niger by Iraq?

Also, how about challenging her with regard to how dangerous Sadam was and how imperative it was to remove him from power? Then why haven't we attacked Iran to remove Ahmadinejad?

January 19, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Gary Sutherland

SOFTBALL, the interview with Condeleeza Rice was most disappointing. She was an active participant in what has been called the most corrupt administration in US history and all you could do is flirt with her. Makes Larry King look like a hardball player. Very disappointed.

January 19, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. rob

Very nice interview. You seemed to pull out the more common side of Ms. Rice. Wow she is an elegant woman. She seems to very grounded and focused as a person....obviously. I think she would make an incredible President. She is quite a defining person (no wimp) and would get the business of the people done. She has been put through the test and fire and came out with stature and stregnth. It would be a difficult task for someothers to run against her.
    She has my vote. Go Condi!

January 19, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Michele

According to Ms. Rice, she does not do hypotheticals because it serves no purpose to anybody. Really? So, as then Secretary of Defense pre 9/11, you did the country a tremendous disservice by not thinking of the most important of hypotheticals, worse-case scenarios, even after several warnings that an attack was imminent that would involve planes. You simply ignored that because as you said at the hearings you never dreamed that planes would be flown into a building. Wouldn't that be your job to have thought of the worst thing that could happen even after several warnings that, again, were going to involve planes. Kamakazi pilots flew their planes into ships and buildings. Even SWAT teams, Fire Depts., etc go into situations with proper equipment in case of, "Worst-Case Scenarios."

Wow, what a very telling remark this is and only sorry we didn't have a more forward-thinking person at this position. We may not have totally prevented this, but we certainly would have had a quicker and better response to the situtaion; 7 minutes of silence, the scamble to get fighter pilots in the air, the inability to coordinate all the efforts. etc. Hmm, all because someone didn't bother to think of hypotheticals even after so many warnings. Wow!

January 19, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Jasmine

Wow. Piers Morgan is one of the worst interviewers I've ever seen. He did nothing but cut Condi off nonstop and then followed up with questions that were not related to anything she said. He needs to take a lesson in listening. I loved Condi and her answers surprised me, but what I expected to be followed up never were. It's plain as day that Piers doesn't listen to his guests but rather thinks of what his next question will be. I like there to be a volley when I watch an interview but instead there was a machine of tennis balls shooting questions at its receiver and not returning the ball. There needs to be two players in this game. I'll never watch again. I don't care whose on and you have a really good line up. What a shame.

January 19, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Sergey

Piers kept asking a question and didn't let Dr Rice finish answering the question.. kept cutting through her words..Pleasant interview overall

January 19, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Paterika

Piers your interview with Condoleezza Rice was superbly done. You were in full control as it should be. You asked poignant questions. Those looking for political fodder probably were disappointed, but you managed her response time effectively. The show was most enjoyable and Condoleezza's smile was truly invigorating. I like your show and shall be watching the subsequent interviews. Ty.
    Paterika/Barbados

January 19, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  51. Carol

This was an excellent interview, Piers. Actually, it seemed more like a private conversation with her that we were privileged to witness. This is my first opportunity to see your new show. I will be watching regularly!
    Carol,
    Canada

January 20, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  52. NANCY

SHE'S IN LOVE W/GEO W BUSH..SHE MADE A MISTAKE ONCE & REFERRED TO HIM AS "MY HUSBAND!" ...NO KIDDING ...

January 20, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  53. Gil Contreras

I think Piers is WAY out of his league with Condie Rice. If CNN doesnt get him a real team of researchers who can give him some facts about something as simple as the war in Afghanistan or gumbo, then, he wont last long. Perhaps there's a place for him between Olberman & The Ed Show. A buffoon in a nice suit.

January 20, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Andrew Mathisen

Congrats Piers on asking Condi Rice the right questions. You have made me a fan!

January 20, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  55. Jeff

After 3 shows I think I'm done watching. Why do all journalists accept bull-s answers? All the evidence did not point to Iraq having WMD. Like any salesman, the administration publicized the pro info and just ignored anything that didn't promote the war they wanted obviously wanted to persue. As mentioned above even some of the pro information was highly questionable but they used it anyway to promote their agenda. Did he not learn anything from Howard. It'd make great television if Piers would changelled her on just 1 of her bull-s answers. Guess he thinks if he's too rough no one will come on his show. Well, keep this crap up and no one will be watching anyway.

January 20, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  56. Janet

Piers....my father often said to me.."Stop talking –and listen to learn...you already know everything you have to say " !! I found this a most annoying and rude interview on your part.tonight... Every time Dr Rice started to answer..you interrupted with a stupid and chauvanistic question or comment. We couldn't hear half of what she was saying cause you are not listening, but thinking of the next question you want to ask and get as many in as possible...I will not be watching many more PHTs..since it is not a relaxing enjoyable hour..it's very annoying and unpleasant..these guests graciously agree to come on your show and do not expect to be attacked. Please settle down and learn from why Larry was sooo popular...he was a great and courteous listener !! And we got to see and hear what the guests had to say.

January 20, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  57. SBF, listening to this Intelligent SBF!

Ms. Condi Rice as I listened to her talk, seems to be a Very Nice lady. I enjoyed watching the Piers interview with Ms. Condi and I have a lot of Respect for her!! Wow, you go girl!! She, like Ms. Oprah, (and I) are among the SB(W)F thats' never been married, nor had any Bio children. My Adopted child comes from My Heart (as Barb Walters says)!!

January 20, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  58. Geoff

Interesting show. I'm not a fan of Condoleeza but I found her answers intelligent, poised, and informative. Marriage? She most likely has more than a few suitors, but her standards are undoubtably high. She's very attractive physically, more attractive than washed-up Palin. I'd go for Condi if she'd take a 30 something white male, who's a Democrat.

January 20, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  59. Vinit Coburn - Newport Beach, CA

I enjoyed seeing Condi Rice back on TV.....however, Piers, you need to let her talk. It is so rude to keep interrupting her in the middle of her sentence. You almost never let her finish what she was trying to say. That was true when you interview Oprah Windfrey also. But at least Oprah knows how to cut you off better than you can interrupt her. Your show will be so much more enjoyable if you let your guest talk and finish their sentences. It is almost as if you love to hear yourself more than your guest!

January 20, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  60. Barbara

Gee –didn't really like the tenor of Piers Morgan's interview with Condy Rice. His (liberal) bias was very evident –felt like I was watching MSNBC rather than CNN. And really don't feel it appropriate for a Brit who is basically visiting here to take a political position here in the States. Piers needs to be reminded (since he knows so much about American politics) that if he demonstrates a political bias in his interviews, he will offend 50% of his viewers, no matter what side he takes.

I really think CNN could have made a better choice –their very own Anderson Cooper for one.

January 20, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  61. jay

The best one was

" You are quite a catch " .. Piers to Condi

January 20, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  62. Barbara W

Terrific interview with Condi...a great stateswoman and human being.
    I loved your slightly flirtatious manner and the rapport you had with her. You brought out her personality. The entire show was delightful. My husband and I hung on every word.
    Thanks, and keep it up.
    Barbara
    Albuquerque, NM

January 20, 2011 at 7:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Eduarda

T! And remember, in December, the Cooperstown thing :) Good lord, Janet sold maolst all my stuff. I love Coop. I will need to return sometime soon, can I try to say hello to you again?

March 2, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  63. Carla Medina

The world wonders what would be Condoleeza's answer if you asked her conscience in in the condemnation by Islam and the whole world on the MURDER of almost a million INNOCENT Iraqi men, women and children who had nothing to do with WMDs or 9-11, as a consequence of GW's FRAUDULENT Iraq war in she was directly involved with.

January 20, 2011 at 7:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  64. dean bennici

piers!!!!!!
    you must have interrupted Condoleezza 30 times!
    how dare you? don't do that. let her finish her thought, for god's sake.

January 20, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  65. Azmi Guran

I would like to have the e-mail address of Dr. Condoleezza Rice, if possible. I kindly request it. You may believe me, I give my word, I'll keep her mail address with no foreign access. I've have a very interesting to ask her, I've since couple years in mind. Thank you.

January 20, 2011 at 8:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nitika

-How lovely!Your flora and fauna was seen in:Remember: 1 post 2 arwdas If you received 3 or more arwdas _______________

March 2, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  66. SDC

Mr. Morgan, why do you keep cutting off your guest? As a listener, I found it annoying and disrespectful and made the show very shallow. Let your guests complete their story and have a deeper , more personal conversation with them. You are like a reporter asking a barrage of questions!

January 20, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  67. Greg

Pier why don't you interview Billy Clinton and ask him why he did nothing when the Trade Centers were bombed the first time!! You could also ask him why he did nothing to capture Osama! Now that would be a good interview. You must admit your attempts to trip up Condi back fired, as she is a true adult aware of the seriousness of terrorism and protecting the U.S. Unlike the libs and dems. I know... you cannot help it, as you do work for the Communist News Network (CNN). Maybe you could try an imaginary interview with Dick Nixon. I don't think the highlights of your interview were questions regarding Condi's love life. You are a puss.

January 20, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  68. Rodney Stich

I was disappointed that host Morgan did not give a better response to the blatant lying by Condolezza Rice about her blatant false statements that led the United States into invading Iraq. Her statements were known to be false when she made them before the invasion, and even more obviously false now. When Morgan refused to do more than a minor questioning, much of the unread American public thinks Rice was innocent of any wrongdoing. Several hundred thousand horrific deaths of innocent Iraqis resulted, many American deaths, and the greatest buildup in the world's history of people wanting to kill Americans.

January 20, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  69. Rodney Stich

CNN censored my criticism of the Condoleeza Rich interview, calling it a second postint. That was clear censorship to block criticism of the host for failing to clear the record about the Rice lies.

January 20, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  70. robert anderson

I watched your show last night and its great! I thought Ms. Rice should run for President. I have enjoyed you since Celeb app. show and I do think this show is going to be great. Good luck Mr.Morgan

January 20, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  71. Carmen

Writing a comment just to say that Piers should have left her talk and not interrupt her few seconds after she started answering a previous question of his. And she had interesting stuff to say, but she got interrupted when she was just opening her mouth. That was frustrating for me as we viewer. Maybe next time he's got an interesting guest who does have stuff to say he doesn't do it again. Just for the record, Stern and Gervais are not in my category of "interesting guests".

January 20, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  72. Miles Apudhan

Ms. Rice for President. Nice job Piers...

January 20, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  73. brian hill

Although I am a democrat I,ve always held you in the highest asteem....Black,Beautiful,Bold,with a Brain. Now that has to be the complete package in life. WE should all be so fortunate to be able to share a rounded view of each other & the . You from experience & some man like me from books . Quite the social adventure?

January 23, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  74. brian hill

didnt get to finish. I wish you the very best in all your endeavors & may God coutinue to hold you & others like you as light if not a guide... all the best B. Hill

January 23, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  75. n3dkzsp7

video Free VLC Player Download media viewer

September 22, 2011 at 5:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  76. Joliei Chasidyc

whoah this blog is fantastic i like studying your posts. Stay up the good work! You understand, many individuals are searching around for this information, you can help them greatly.

July 9, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  77. PhoebeZen1

Don't like Condi's politics but have to admire her brain – her RNC speech was extraordinary! No one could match her – wish she were a Democrat!

August 30, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse | Reply