READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" will put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 20, 2011, Rep. Giffords stands, a Democratic Rep. stands by his Nazi comparison.
• A miraculous development in the recovery of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords – she can stand on her own. From CNN: "Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has the strength to stand on her own and to lift her head, a doctor who is treating her said Wednesday."
• A Democratic Rep. is standing by his Nazi comparison statements. Reports Alexander Mooney: "Rep. Steve Cohen, the Tennessee Democrat who compared Republican efforts to criticize health care to the works of a famous Nazi propagandist, is standing by his heated rhetoric on the House Floor Tuesday night."
• Has Obama's presidency been a success? Here are the results from a recent CNN poll: "45 percent say the first two years of the Obama administration have been a success, with 48 percent describing it as a failure. The poll's Thursday release comes on the second anniversary of the inauguration of Obama as president."
• CNN's Becky Brittain reports on 'panda diplomacy': "In the toasts at the State Dinner, President Obama announced that the pandas can extend their visit to the zoo for a little longer. As an example of the ways the United States and China are working together, Mr. Obama said, "under a new agreement, our National Zoo will continue to dazzle children and visitors with the beloved giant pandas."
• When your owner is a Russian billionaire, you never know what might happen. The New Jersey Nets were thought to be in talks to acquire NBA superstar Carmelo Anthony, when owner Mikhail Prokorov delivered this "bombshell": "It has taken too long. It has been played out in public and it certainly has taken a toll on the players and I believe that it has cost us several games. I think management did a great job, but there comes a time when the price is simply too expensive. I'm instructing our team to walk away from the deal."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
I've been a quiet democrat for 40 years, but since I voted for President Obama , I've been called stupid by people at church. the pastor who is also my neighbor questions why I would vote democratic and my mother who has become smitten with the tea party tells me that I'm taking away from her, which is wierd because she makes 10 times more than me. I've been saying that this undertone is how Hitler convinced the masses and when the shootings happened in Tucson I told my mother that her political group won't be happy until all the democrats are gone, and she said she wasn't a democrat, yeah but I am! I've lived in Republican states before, like N.J. My friend and I , co-leaders in the Girl Scouts, decided to vote for Jimmy Carter and laughed at how the newspaper would print, 7135 votes Republican, 2 Democrat and everyone would know who the 2 were. but it read 4 and we never figured out who the other 2 were. I stand by President Obama, but truly the climate is not like anything I ever seen before.
Notify me of new comments via email.