Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 25th, 2011

"Piers" preview: Kim Kardashian gives 10% of her money to church and charity

In this preview of Thursday's "Piers Morgan Tonight," featuring Kim and Kourtney Kardashian, the subject of money gives way to a conversation about giving.

When Piers Morgan asks how much Kim is worth, she says, "Whatever it is, I give 10% away to the church and that's what I was taught. Every year, absolutely." But does Kourtney?

"I'm going to now," Kourtney said. "I was taught that too but I forgot about it."

Kim said she has given millions of her money to the Dream Foundation, as well as tithing to a church her mother created in Calabasas, CA.

The full interview airs Thursday night at 9pmET/PT. Tomorrow night, The Osteens talk with Piers about faith, finances and more.

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. janet

Piers is witty, intelligent and knowledgeable. His questions, however, are too limited. Is he going to ask everyone if he/she will run for President in 2012? Do we have to hear about Sarah Palin, ad nauseum? His knowledge of the US is also somewhat limited but makes for some interesting cross-the-pond political dialogues.Otherwise, his interviews are engaging and interesting.

January 25, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Lori

Why is all of Piers shows taped ahead of time and shown as a preview! What happened to LIVE tv?

January 25, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

Yes, I wonder too and I find it most annoying for this kind of show. What is Piers afraid of ? What will they do when something big is in the news in the same day a tape show of the week before is supposed to be aired ?

January 25, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jordan

so cnn can edit to make them look better incase someone makes them look bad they can cut it

January 25, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jacqueline haynes

I just joy cnn and like

January 25, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Liza

Love your show and was liking the line up of your guests until you invited a kardashian. You lost me on the concept of your show.

January 25, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Keith

I am with Liza. Lost me too.

January 25, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Sarah

Ditto. I guess Piers too is on the Kardashian payroll.

January 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Steve Rankin

Let me see: Howard Stern can call people "morons" without apparent concern. Joel Osteen answers a question honestly on an exceedingly sensitive topic about which Americans are truly divided, and gets accosted. What moral ground does Mr. Morgan stand on in criticizing Mr. Osteen's opinion? The transparent bigotry revealed in these two interviews is truly staggering.

January 25, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nicole

If ANYONE is a MORON it's howard stern. piers is right behind him.

January 25, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Jonathan J Tibbs

If I were Piers Morgan, an intelligent Brit, and had to ask myself a question, It would be..." What do you think when people call you crazy, or infer that what you do is pointless"

I would respond... "Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe"... St. Augustine

Jonathan J TIbbs

January 25, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. guillermo santonio

Kim strikes me as a genuinely kind, intelligent and generous person. She seems to be searching for God, but guided by Satan's minions in the form of her own family. I pray she finds peace and purpose in the eternal Father and his Son.

January 25, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • karvictho

Perhaps she is all that - but why is she a highly paid tv personality? She can't dance, sing, act, write, juggle, do a sport, etc..... If anything, the Kardashians have shown the world that good looks and being in the right place at the right time is enough to get you fame and fortune from a simpleminded undemanding audience.

January 26, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • beautiful

yeah so true when their looks arent all that and will eventually get ugly!

January 26, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
      • calbo

Yes, just like a model....

January 26, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Randi

THE PROGRAM WITH PIERS MORGAN FOLLOW THE TOO MUCH KNOWN STYLE OF CNN: REPEAT, REPEAT! IT IS SICKENING!

January 26, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Lucie

I wish the show would be live, it would make it more real, Otherwise I keep thinking editing, editing, editing...
    Also I do not think Kim answer the question properly... What church exactly? He should be more pressing on people...

January 26, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. smokinmike

Kim Kardashian – the Sarah Palin of the American entertainment industry.

January 26, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. chris

Get a relative to start a church and donate to it. Great idea.

January 26, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. dawn

Piers, your show is great. Excellent guests.....till now. Kim Kardashian? Please do us a favor and leave the Bimbos to others. Stern? great! Guiliani? excellent! Gervais? right on targett! and Oprah? perfect! Stick to people who have something to contribute and something to say. Please.

January 27, 2011 at 5:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Michele Squires

Personally I think the Kardashians are vulgar, spoiled and completely ignorant to anything outside their box. I was hoping Piers would have had more interersting subjects. I mean why should I turn it on?....so I can listen to them brag about their 100K watches while the middleclass in this country struggles to make mortgage payments?? Shame on you CNN & Piers.

January 27, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Carla

She didn't answer the question.. when he asked her if she liked being rich. LOL She just started going on about how she gives money to her mommies church. Church of what exactly?

January 27, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Sal Voce

I still don't know why these strumpets deserve all this air time....what have they done to deserve all this air time? NOTHING.

This show is going down hill fast IMHO!

January 27, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Loretta

His style of interviewing is annoying. When the guest is getting really into the answer and perhaps revealing more information, Morgan not only interrupts but jumps to ask another question - not directly related to the first question sometimes. He does this a lot. P. Morgan: Please allow your guests to finish their thought/answers and dig a little deeper. Thank you.

January 27, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

Because he is not interested in the answers but in his questions. He thinks of himself as a great interviewer and is self-centered. This is what happens when the interviewer thinks he is the "star" and considers the guests as tools to make him a better "star". I wonder how long we will have to endure this or have to tune elsewhere during this time slot.

January 27, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. gemma

. Kardashians exploit the media. We are all tiring of their delusions of grandeur.

January 27, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Yard

Piers and CNN this is whats not going to work with this taped show. There is revolution on the way in Egypt and here you are running a taped segment with two ladies od dubious "talent" (..i am being nice on this). They "seem" like nice ladies and thats it, they are just well not memorable for anything. Shouldn't you be interviewing via Skype someone in Cairo.

If Aliens landed in Times Square at 9pm tonight I think CNN would still run this taped segment because Piers is at home having a pint and unlike a live show can't pivot to the Alien interview in Times Square. He would have to throw it, likely to Anderson (who I think should have gotten his show moved down to 9pm, but thats another post).

January 27, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

I agree with you. But the "landing" of Piers at CNN has been covered extensively LOL
      For a news show at nine, yes, I agree, Anderson would be the man.

January 27, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Nadine

Kim is attractive, why does she need that Halloween eye makeup? Too much!!!

January 27, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Norma Vernon

PIERS! If you want to get a good following of viewers.... PLEASE STOP BUTTING IN when you have asked a question and do NOT let your guest finish an answer!! BAD BAD BAD~! A good interviewer LISTENS!

January 27, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Lilly

i like Piers. If i were him i asked them: "WHAT KIND EDUCATION BOTH OF YOU HAVE?"
    The Mommy has the brains, though.
    The mommy and daddy made them beautiful, don't they?
    Well, rich people does not need an education, right? Like Paris Hilton!!

January 28, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. amy

yes you are a blunt interviewer,straight to the point and yes you clearly ask the questions people have in mind,but why do u keep on cutting the interviwees short-piers good,mode of questioning ,kinda bad! though i still love your show.

January 29, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Bellamina

WHAT SORT OF CHURCH WOULD EXCEPT $$$ MADE BY HER "VISUALLY " SELLING HER NUDE BODY TO OUR YOUTH ? WHAT KIND OF FAITH IS HER MOMMY PROMOTING, (YIKES...BY THE LOOK OF THEIR FAMILY CHRISTMAS PIC I HAVE A FEW IDEAS.....)

February 3, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. alan selby

Let's choose- endless Larry King or endless figure skating.

February 5, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Jordan H

Probably the last time I watch this show. Having to watch these "ladies" talk about what great businesswomen they are was a bit much. I had to turn after Kim started gloating about being more popular than President Obama on Twitter. Narcissist much? She obviously keeps close tabs on this stuff. How old is she again? Oh, that's right, all great businesswomen and entrepreneurs are concerned with their popularity of Twitter. I never understood why people's noses are so far up their big, sloppy butts!

Who's next Piers, Jenna Jameson?

February 20, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. KimKardashianInHotel

Kim is best person in world.She is my favorite

wiki:

May 26, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Retha Bollman

Hello.This article was extremely fascinating, especially because I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Friday.

December 3, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Kraig Okey

I love this article a lot. I will definitely be back. Hope that I can read far more informative posts then. Will likely be sharing your knowledge with all of my associates!

December 4, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Gail Schnabl

I wanted to follow along and allow you to know how , a great deal I cherished discovering your website today. I’d consider it the honor to work at my workplace and be able to use the tips shared on your web site and also participate in visitors’ opinions like this. Should a position connected with guest article writer become available at your end, make sure you let me know.

December 5, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. get paid every 30 seconds

It's really a cool and useful piece of info. I am happy that you just shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

April 11, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse | Reply