Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 28th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: The Kardashians on their talents, overexposure, Twitter and more

Last night's show with Kim and Kourtney Kardashian gave a rare, in-depth look into the story behind the tabloid headlines and reality show cameras.

Check out the Kardashian appeal for Piers Morgan related to Twitter – and below, find out what The Kardashians say their job is, and whether they could become overexposed.

What exactly are The Kardashians' talents? And what do they say is their "job"?

Piers asks Kim and Kourtney if they could be overexposed:

• Earlier: Kardashians get real – are they real or fake?

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Cher

I don't like piers Morgan interview with people and his accent. He is hard to understand. His interviews are not professinal.

January 28, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maggie

I HIGHLY disagree with you! I think he's doing a great job and if you can't understand HIM wow I'd hate to see you spend anytime in the country he's from! May I suggest a "miracle ear" for you?!

Anyhow, Piers is great....so happy he got his own show, I watch it or DVR it every night!

January 29, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. COG

I do recall seeing one of his promotional commercials stating that he wants to interview the most important or fascinating people in the world. It was something along those lines. Now, he has interviewed Oprah, Howard Stern and George Clooney. Those are people worth mentioning in the entertainment industry and would fit his statement from earlier. His latest interview of the Kardashains is a complete contradiction of the people he wants to interview. They have the least bit of talent and let alone contribution to the entertainment industry. Why he would interview them on his show is beyond me and this is one he should have passed on. Does me a favor there Piers – dont make claims of wanting to interview important people in the world and then bring the Kardashians on your show. Its a waste of time, money, film (even digital) and numerous other resources.

January 28, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maggie

I believe the reason he interviewed them was because there are millions of people that are fascinated by them. Let's get real she is like #5 of the most TWITTERED people, therefore she has a lot of followers and that will give him ratings. I watched that interview today matter of fact. I DVR'd it the other night when it was on! They are very smart women, with lots of business sense. They have good strong family values and yes they put their life on tv, but that is THEIR choice, it doesn't make them bimbo's or idiots! But, everyone has the right to their own opinion, that is yours, THIS IS MINE!!! 🙂

January 29, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. AJHF

I was looking forward to Piers Morgan's premiere. WOW. Disappointing doesn't cover it. He doesn't let anyone finish a sentence. He is awkward and uncomfortable to watch. I'm no Kardashian fan, but he was downright rude to them. Dr. Rice and Oprah Winfrey seemed as though they couldn't get away from him fast enough. A good interviewer LISTENS to his subjects. Slow down Piers. Listen. You appear as though you have the next question on deck before anyone answers. If this were America's Got Talent, you'd have three strikes.

January 28, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maggie

I do have to agree with this post. He does interrupt a lot!!! I thought that today while watching the "Kardashian's interview"! Every time he would ask a question and expect a response he would cut in before they could finish their response! But, he's in control of his show, his interviews and that is what being in control is all about. He also has a time deadline. Of course their is a lot of editing done, cause he only has so many minutes to get in a hour show and remember even that is cut down because of commercials. Also, he has a boss or bosses so he has to do what THEY say...so this isn't necessarily HIS choice to be so fast and cut in while they are talking, he has a show to do and sometimes he has to be like "LETS GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD"! Anyhow, I do agree tho!

January 29, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Gail

II am enjoying Piers...but could SOMEONE advise him to stop jumping on the last words of the guest, interrupting in order to get his next question in before the guest has finished speaking. For the viewer it feels rude and pushy. He did NOT DO IT with the Clooneys, so he should learn not to do it with anyone else. GO CNN!!!

January 28, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maggie

Ok, my last reply for now! HA ... My opinion on George Clooney is ... to ME ... he's not that fascinating of a person. He probably didn't have a lot of pressing questions for him. Tell me what is sooo exciting about George Clooney? Yeah he's going out of the country and working on a humanitarian project dear to his heart, and he's an actor! But, really I didn't find his interview exciting, fascinating or informative at all!!!

January 29, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Wally Jurva

I just want to say that CNN made a big mistake in choosing Piers Morgan to replace Larry King. He, Piers Morgan is a typical arrogant type Englishman. CNN needs a typical American, male of female. Get rid of Morgan.

January 28, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Peggy

WHY WHY WHY did Piers have this no-talent, brainless, airheads on his show? By virtue of their appearance they now have a sense of "legitimacy" for what they do, which is really nothing. Marketing? Done by their PR people (Jonathan Cheban being one). Stylists? For whom? They themselves have stylists so if they were that good at it, why do they need to hire one? They each have their own hair and makeup person on call. I read where Kim said it takes at least two hours for her hair and makeup before appearances.

As for the plastic surgery, how does Kim explain her ex-husband's claims that she demanded he fund her lipo and breast enhancement? There was also no mention of her nose job either. Look at pictures of her when she was BFFs with Paris Hilton. The nose is different as are her lips. She claims her puffy-looking lips are a result of having the flu, even though she was out shopping when the pics were taken.

Kim is known for being a liar and this proves it. That family must pay the PR people a ton of cash. Right now all they are doing is damage control after the debit card debacle.

Ugh, they are nauseating!!

January 28, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Nana Brown

Welcome, welcome, welcome Piers Morgan to American media.
    CNN has hit gold with Piers Morgan! He has a fantastic sense of humor, extremely bright and respectful of his guests. He is extremely knowledgeable on his views on American politics better than most American who are clueless whats going on in America leave alone the world.
    It's a global world ..... wake up to some class and intelligence.

January 28, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. OC Gal

I am thoroughly enjoying the Piers Morgan Show. Nana's observations are spot on, he's intellectual, has a great sense of humor and is very knowledgeable about American culture. It is a global world and I'm pleased that CNN continues to offer a variety of programming that reflects the 21st century.

I do agree that Piers should let his guests complete their comments before jumping in, however I think this will remedy itself as time goes on.

I enjoy my one-hour with Piers at the end of the day.

Cheers.

January 28, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. ann

IP wont be watching.kartrashians are a waste of space.They talk like babies. Kourtney is so dense,Kim is a glorified tramp.

January 28, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. charlotte wilson

I left Maddow and gave Morgan a look.....Interviewing the fabricated celebrities like the Kardashians lost me......

January 28, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. niter

not excited about piers" bring larry king back" Piers is boring...hard to understand..tuning in to something different at the same time slot. cnn lost me.

January 28, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Yiorgos M

Piers, you lost all credibility by having those worthless bimbos, the Kardashians, on your show. I will NOT be watching again.

January 28, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Robert

Well, Piers has lost all credibility having these limelight junkies on his show. Q&A was lowered to generate some sort of dialogue which as the evening progressed just became increasingly tedious. Piers, why not leave the interviews of Snooki and these trash bags to VH1.

January 28, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Lori

In 2009, The Dream Foundation spent $896,939 on "Dreams" and $659,574 on "Salary".

In 2008, The Dream Foundation spent $1,105,385 on "Dreams" and $749,124 on "Salary".

WHOSE DREAM...ERR BANK ACCOUNT... IS REALLY BEING FULFILLED?

Facts pulled from 2009 Audited Financial Statements, Statement of Functional Expenses.

January 29, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Penelope Bointon

Dear Mr. Morgan...
    My sisters and I were really disappointed in the interview with those sisters. Celie (my sister Cehlia, she's 67, almost 68) suggests that you interview that Ron fellow who invented the rotisserie chicken oven. She saw him the other day and said he's fascinating. You could interview him and maybe have him do a demonstration for your audience.
    Best regards...Penny Bointon (I'm 63 btw)

January 29, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. hd

Mr. Morgan I was looking forward to your show,but just removed your show at nine from my dvr. No matter how much you try to convince me and many others that the Kardashian girls are news worthy I just do not see it, I am not going to waist DVR space to see who is next,Snooki,or some other reality show person who manages to make afew million dollars. Bye Bye Piers YOU LOST ME ON THAT ONE DUDE , SORRY

January 30, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. JI

Oh, so disappointing! I thought you would have a fresh new voice. But to have such a piece of fluff and these uninteresting, no news – don't want to insult – but this is not newsworthy. You have fallen into the typical U.S. type of show. I stay away from reality shows that are just for the uneducated, unfortunately main-stream American. And you are imitating, not bringing something new. If this is how you are going to continue, I guess I'll never see your show. Perhaps you should go to another channel. CNN accepted this??? Shame, shame.

January 31, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Alycia

The Kardashians do not portray a realistic everyday family and there isn't any real form of realism of hardship and unity. There is utter disrespect of their mother and step father that is inappropriate and doesn't give their younger siblings and young people who look at them as role models any true guidance. These girls do not understand the real concept of going out and getting a job but instead paying people to build up there Kardashian empire off of no brains and no talent. I dont see anything genuine about that family especially Kim Kardashian who constantly claim not to have had any plastic surgery and acts pompous,immature, humorless and a insecure makeup addict. CNN wasted a whole interview on to so called famous girls who are famous for WHAT exactly. What a Joke. It seems like anyone nowadays can become rich and famous. LOL.

July 6, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. lauren UK

piers morgan has a very clear accent although i am english.
    he cuts people of in setances as he is a journalist.
    and to say he is a typical english man is a total miss judgement of english people.
    piers morgans life story was a very successful show.
    not only was he a journalist he then had his show "piers morgans life storys" and he was also a judge on britains got talent.
    i also think to call kim and kourtney bimbos is horrible they are earning more money then anyone including myself but im in school, this is there job how they make money to live and survive and you are all just horrible people who just make horrible comments what does it do for you to write horrible things ??????????
    😉

February 5, 2012 at 8:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. how to learn the guitar fast

Attractive component of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to claim that I get in fact loved account your weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing for your augment and even I achievement you get right of entry to consistently fast.

April 9, 2012 at 2:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Оборудование из Китая

Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my blog thus i got here to go back the want?.I am trying to in finding things to enhance my site!I guess its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

July 31, 2012 at 11:26 am | Report abuse | Reply