Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

"Piers Morgan Tonight" – live tonight covering Egypt
January 28th, 2011

"Piers Morgan Tonight" – live tonight covering Egypt

BREAKING: "Piers Morgan Tonight" will be live at 9pmET tonight, covering the developing Egypt situation.

Guests will include CNN correspondents Nic Robertson, Ben Wedemann and John King, Former UN Spokesperson Ric Grennell, Tumblr Director Mark Coatney and more.

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. evan barnett

Pier , do you really think you can take Larry KIngs place ?I viewed your interviews of Oprah,Howard Stearn and KIm and her sister. You really suck big time. You are terrible. you sucked as a critic on the Americas got talent and you are worse on your new interview show. Pier, do the world a favor and get off the air. You suck big time! You look like you have a bad case of hemorrhoids on air. God I hope they cancel your show. you are a loser in every sense of the word.

January 28, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nana

I totally feel the way you do about Pierce morgan, he seems Unintelligent to me.

January 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Reza

Lets face it. The only reason you don't like Piers is because he is English. I think he is doing a great job. I wish there were more people on TV with his style of interviewing rather than all the other ones that seem to be on crack!

Piers, Keep it up mate! I definitely had doubts about you filling in Larry King's spot but you have definitely converted me. Nice job and keep it going.

January 28, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • marnmou

Piers in another blithering moron masquerading as a serious news personality for CNN. It's a shame that people in this country are too stupid to distinguish the difference between a fluff reporter and someone of Larry King's caliber, who never interjected his opinion and asked relevant and thought-provoking opened ended questions instead of inane yes/no questions like Piers does. I guess the intellect of America is declining and CNN sees fit to cater to such stupidity.

January 31, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • zhong wen shu

Dear Dana, (perhaps) you just don't like change; Piers is doing a great job! International viewers really, really like him, and so do the people being interviewed. He will be hugely successful. Mistake! He already is.

January 30, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Steve

Pierce, on hold I feel you done a good job so far with the interviews. I find them interesting. But you disappointed me with the interview with Donald Trump. I like Donald, but idea that he would treat the Chinese to McDonald's if he was President is absurb. First of all, where does Donald's think all the investment loan at 3 or 4 % interest came from in the last ten years that he has been making specalutive real estate investments. I would have asked him where does he think the American Bank get the money to loan him. He would say the Federal Reserve and where did the Federal reserve get the money. I don't think Donald makes a habit of treating his bankers to McDonalds. I would be surprise if Donald also doesn't understand the Chinese tradition of "saving face", honoring your guest even if you disagree with them. With a Wharton Degree, if he doesn't understand this, he wouldn't make a good president.

February 19, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Daniel Freeman

Hi,

Perhaps this is an idea to generate a parallel interest in the show by people who might not be necessarily interested in its content. Larry King was noted for his Suspenders, and many people were curious as to what color or style of suspenders Larry might have on that night. Maybe, Piers could introduce street art from upstarts from the US and all over the world. They could serve as backdrops to the shots and mentioned just before commercial breaks.

I am sure a huge alternate following could be roped in based on their love for art and curiosity about whose art Piers would be introducing every night.

Thanks.

January 28, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Cathy Kristensen

I am really enjoying this new program! Piers is asking the questions I want the answers too. Keep it up the good work.

January 28, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jill Oliver

In general, i have enjoyed watching your interviews so far. I was (and still am) a big Larry King fan, so continue to miss seeing him in the evening, but change is a part of life, right!? The one bit of advice i would give Mr. Morgan is to please take some advice from Larry...and Oprah too, we always learn more from listening than from talking! Maybe it was nerves or whatever, but i found myself becoming frusterated with how many times the Kardashian sisters were interupted. It seemed like almost each time one of them started to expand on an answer to a question you had asked, you popped right in and either asked another question or made a comment...it really was obvious (at least to me anyway). As Larry King always said when asked what his secret of successful interviewing "20% speaking and 80% listening". Perhaps you have just transposed this message! lol

January 28, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Ellie C

Piers, So far I have seen you really asked the hard questions and brought the real person behind your interviewees. For example, you really got Joel Olsteen on his view of Gays. But last night you messed up big time by drooling over the Kardashian sisters and did not bring the negative side of such role models such as themselves, Snookie, etc. LARRY KING would have nailed it Down!!!

January 28, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. ann

I cants believe you gave the kartrashians the time of day. Kourtney doesn't have a brain and Kim is a glorified lying tramp. They sure don't know how to talk like adults.

January 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Susan V. Trembley

Piers, I have watched Larry King for many years and loved him and his style of interviewing. I am sure it is quite difficult to take over his time slot. I have watched all your shows so far and I really want to like your show...lol..so I will give you more time. When Larry interviewed I found him to be more personable with me the viewer, I always felt like he had us in on the conversation ( not just because of the him taking calls). Your show feels cold to the viewer, and you really really interupt alot. I want to be fair so I will tune in and give you a longer chance to interest me. I think your spending to much time on thinking about your questions and not engaging your viewer. good luck!! I know its not going to be easy following such an icon but I sincerely wish you good luck.

January 28, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Carlos Alberto

@Cathy, yes Piers asks the questions and interrupts the guest to answer the questions also, I thought Jay Leno was the biggest offender of that interviewing style, but Piers takes the cake, he SUCKS as a listener.

January 28, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Betty

Hey folks – let's give Piers a chance. He is not Larry King and therefore is not going to interview as
    Larry might have done. Piers is an extremely brilliant man and is trying to have an interesting
    informative show. I agree that he needs to put a little more human element in all of it and act
    like he is indcluding, we the television audience in all of this. We all learn from making a few
    mistakes so let us all give him a few months to iron out things.

January 28, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kaed

Wow I must cfoesns you make some very trenchant points.

October 9, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • waaqdwn

rplqYf ffjwyqchqpzf

October 13, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Dodie

OK! Because Piers is doing an actual "live show" covering Egypt, I will stay tuned. If not, I am moving to Rachel Maddow!!!

January 28, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Melissa

I have waited all week to see Colin Firth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave the news stories to the rest of the cnn shows – we want to see good interviews! When will Colin be on?

January 28, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dodie

CNN is a 24 hour "NEWS" station. If you are interested in interviews on TV stars and so, there is always good morning American, et. al.

January 28, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Lynn

I have no quibble with CNN being a 24 hour news show...what is insulting is to announce a program for a week in advance only to have it bumped not by news but by the same piece of film. being shown over and over again..prima donna like newscasters or supposedly informed reporters repeating the same thing over and over again to the point of brainwashing.If that is what you call news it's no wonder so many are ill informed. Not to show a program that many viewers had looked forward without a sorry or an explaination as to when the original program would be on is just ill manners and an insult to the viewers.

January 29, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ellie CT

Love Piers Morgan's energy, This is first time I am actually watching the show. I think he will get better and better down the road. I don't think Piers should be filling LK's shoes, he should be himself. I am excited to see something refreshing on Cnn.

January 28, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Dodie

John King and Wolf are giving very interesting information pertaining to Egypt and the dynamics across the Middle East!

January 28, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. doug hauptman

Tanks in Cairo! All of us in the United States should be ashamed of the horrible images that we see today. People in Egypt deserve no less freedom then what we enjoyed a here in the United States. Yet, as we sit in our comfortable homes people in the Egypt are dying for just basic freedom.

Isn’t it about time that we stand beside peoples of all nations whom seek to be free? We should no longer support any kind of foreign policy that all allows people’s of other nations to be denied their freedom. I urge all my countrymen to write, telephone, email and fax their cover men representatives to express this very simple fact.

We are tired of people in other nations having to suffer because of the horrible foreign policy decisions that our representatives have made. The people of the United States want our government to stand behind people seeking freedom in other nations even if it means stepping back from previous foreign policy mistakes.

Why should our tax money go to foreign dictators to buy weapons and all arms from the United States only to be used against their own people? This in fact is what is happening. Therefore, the United States is just as guilty as the nation’s we support in such situations!

Americans should no longer stand by while people are being beaten and gassed with weapons and chemicals paid for and manufactured in the United States. I personally am sick and tired of watching CNN and the other networks report what is happening, the human interest stories, and all the rest without expressing some kind of outrage.

Anderson Cooper and the rest have no problem whining and crying about gay rights and other such issues. How is it that the same people can report on these type of outrageous happenings without expressing some opinion?

How is it that when it comes to the United States foreign policy debacles that the same reporters that have an opinion about almost everything suddenly have no opinion about what is going on in the Egypt today? CNN, shame on you. Shame on the corporate interests that all conspire to deny people all over the world their God given rights to free speech, the right to assembly, and the right to redress grievances.

Once again, I find myself utterly confused, embarrassed and ashamed to be associated with people who allow these things to happen. Fellow citizens, I make one last plea to contact your government representatives and demand that they be heard on this subject.

President Obama, and all the rest, stand for what you believe. Stand for peace, freedom and all the rest. Say something, let the world know that you stand for freedom. If you remain silent, then that could only mean that you really don’t believe in freedom for all. Your silence would scream of your belief that only the wealthy and the privileged or the well-to-do deserve freedom.

Be silent no longer! Join in solidarity with the people in Egypt who only want to be free. President Obama, you are missing one of the greatest opportunity’s any leader has ever had. If you would only lead, I believe the people of Egypt and all peoples in the world who seek to be free would follow you.

It’s time to do what’s right, not what’s politically expedient. President Obama, I’ve heard you say this many times. Isn’t it about time that you start delivering on the really important things you promised all of us when you ran?

How is it we can spend trillions to promote democracy in other countries and just stand by and say nothing but “play nice and stop hurting people”? Get real! President Obama should call for a referendum! You hyppocrates! They want Democracy and real reform. An all you can say is don’t hit? What a JOKE!

Finally, I urge all my countrymen to pray fervently for the freedom seeking people in Egypt.

God bless the United States and the entire world!

January 28, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tony

@doug Hauptman

I would recommend you dismount your high horse. First of all, I am a veteran, currently in the library accessing their computer because I am one of millions who lost our homes within the past couple of years. Yes, I am homeless and live in a cardboard box!!! Why don’t YOU do something!!! I recommend NATO become involved.

January 28, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • doug hauptman

I do do something. I do as much as I am able. In fact there is a veteran who lives near me in a similar situation whom I am materially helping. I wishI had enough money to help everyone. I would. I understand your frustration, but with all due respect, I have earned the right to be on "a high horse". But I thank you for your replay and let me know if I can help you.

January 28, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dodie

And what would you want the US to do? If we bring in troops, it could make a bad situation even worse!

January 28, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • doug hauptman

I want them to do what I wrote in my post. Get in front of the cameras they so love and say words that express their solidarity with the Egyptian people. Is that clear enough?

January 28, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. American17

What would I do if I were Obama? What is in the best interest of US & future peace of the region?
    1. first and foremost, must ensure that Islamist fundamentalists & Al Qaeda networks do not have opportunity to utilize the anger of the people to direct it towards Anti-American sentiment!
    2. how would I do this? Egypt is neighbor w. one of the richest nations in the world with one of the wealthiest individuals there...WORK with them – it is in their interest to have a stable region as well...rally as a strategic team and speak as one to condemn the pres. of Egypt and to declare an interim military leader (decided among the team allys) until a new government can be voted and determined by parties representing the WILL OF THE PEOPLE!
    3. how do you get a mob to calm down? By promising them what they are after: US, Saudi, Jordan & Israel promises economic aide until they can develop on their own strength...share resources, knowledge, etc. because then they benefit, the whole region benefits!

Again, the objective here is to make sure that the fundamentalists do not gain the upper hand nor have the power to influence the people by exploiting their anger!!!

January 28, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • doug hauptman

Not a bad plan. At least it IS a plan!

January 28, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ozzy

1) Do not worry about extremist groups in Egypt are really not that into at the moment they have serious issues on thier hands now. Put in mind that we use logic and common sense more than people give us credit for, we don't blame everything and anything in the US. Note American17 i am an American born Egyptian.
      2) Although our Elites are not that much but trust me when i say this, we do not need to go outside for fundings! So we do not work with our neighbor but work with the Elites in Egypt to help the country' push towards reform.
      3)How do you get the mod to calm down? Simple OVERTHROW the government including Mubarak. Now he has made it easier for this point to work as he already made the government resign but he is thick enough to think that we want that. He does not get the fact that the name 'Mubarak' in government is the problem. Now if he becomes stubborn, well Obama must push for it and any other international community that has any interest.

What do you think?

January 28, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Linda

I like your new show. It is very good. But what happened to your Colin Firth interview? You've been advertising it all week and now it's not on. We're looking forward to it. Please show it soon.

January 28, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Carmen

Thank you for your coverage of events unfolding in Egypt, but please folks refrain from even suggesting that "muslim brotherhood" takes place. This is turning Egypt into another Iran, a SUNNI one though! Does anyone read their history? A bloody disasterous one that only cared about enforcing radical islamist laws, Sharia. Look at their banners "islam is the solution"!! Egypt is full of many moderate educated leaders, if given the opportunity they'll certainly turn things around. It will take time because people have not been introduced to no one but Mubarak unfortunately; it will take time to get them exposed to other alternatives. Please do not even suggest muslim brotherhood; this is the last thing any reasonable patriotic Egyptian looks for. This group is a different kind of evil than the Mubarak regime, look at Iran, Sudan – oh my god, God forbid.

January 28, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Pat

I enjoy you show very much and find your style and the show to be very refreshing, engaging and intelligent. It is something that was desparately needed on CNN.

January 28, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. CD

Excellent Show this evening, and all week. Excellent questions, commentators on the breaking news in Egypt.

January 28, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Ev Harrison

Hey Piers; Tonight (Friday's show) Your hair looks good that way. Don't go back to what it has been since I started watching your new show. I really like the show and your guests , except for the 'money making' Osteen's.

January 28, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Paulb

I have never heard so much drivel about what's happening in Cairo. Joe Biden is a complete idiot and should learn to keep his mouth shut. Egypt has been under Mubarak's thumb for way too long; twitter and facebook did not start this -it's been brewing for years. America is not interested in democracy in Egypt, just stability in the region.......

January 28, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Willa Judah

Piers -
    How about interviews with Warren Buffet, Jack Walsh, Starbucks CEO Schultz, Joe Arpaio – AZ Sheriff,
    Caroline Kenney, Richard Branson, Jerry Brown and the Williams Sisters of Tennis.
    Stop the fluff of Hollywood. Get serious.

January 28, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Dodie

Good Show Piers!!! Thank You

January 28, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Hamish Davidson

Hi Piers,
    Been watching some of your interviews this week with keen interest, I think the best one was George Clooney and his Father and the spinoff focusing on the Sudan elections and the plight of the people of Darfur. "Keep it up" keep focusing on the less focussed. You have the platform to do it now.

With Regards to the escalating unrest contagin in the Middle East and North Africa. I would say food inflation is higher than advertised by your business channel counsins and bodies like the IMF. The balaistic price rise of oil with speculative trading rules" Enron Loophole" has put us all in FOOD PRICE FRENZY. Its a vicious global economic circle. The indirect feedback from such trading is becoming obvious with riots starting in Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt and Yemen all in 1 week.

When people are under economic pressure from " spiraling food prices" it unites peoples in Autocratic Societies and keeps these Autocrats on their toes or "one way bizjet rides out of Town".

Anyway thats my take on it. Congrats on the Ashes and best of luck in the ODIs mate. :)

January 28, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Nana Brown

I have been amused again watching the reaction of my government to all this upheaval. The US has been supporting many of this lifetime regimes because they are predictable and many of them in the 'pocket' sort of speak of the US and UK especially where issues pertaining to Israel are concerned. The US likes a status quo that is allied to its interests so these 'democratic' protests in Egypt sends alarm. In Egypt the US is caught between its long standing public rhetoric about human rights, freedom of press, minority freedoms, and promoting democratic government and its other strategic interest of keeping Egypt firmly under US control because of its boarder with Israel and helping to isolate the Palestinians in a virtual prison camp in Gaza.... but then who cares about the poor Palestinians thrown out of there homes any way. The Egyptian military and police are entirely paid by money from our tax dollars in billions it receives in American foreign grants. The Mubarack government is wholly dependent on it. So when the populace rebels against this entranced oligarchy wanting true democracy the US plays a middle of the road once again in our policy hoping secretly that Mubarack prevails (since someone new might be anti-American and reverse Egyptian policy in the region) while calling for an openly restrained approach by the government to the protestors lest a harsh response makes the American position in Egypt untenable. This can be said of all other long reigning regimes like that of Saudi Arabia hardly a model of modern civilized liberal thinking and far more repressive than the Mubarak government. This is so reminiscent of the fall of the Shah of Iran but without the Ayatollahs therefore it is a truly populist movement from the people themselves against Mubarack.Today No Ayatollahs would be running Iran had the US been honest with it's support for democracy for the people of Iran. Young Iranian who are far more educated and liberal than most are being suppressed by another in turbans.... oh well we wanted Oil for free at the expense of democracy. Now we are making the same mistake keeping an 82 year old Botoxed, hair dyed corrupt leader who has no right to be the leader, he was not elected by the people but planted for over 30 years by our government. What does Mubarak do instead of stepping down like any decent leader would, he gives a mumble jumble speech not hearing the people just like President Obama and Biden have not. Hello !!! using tear gas against it's people is not democratic then banning Facebook,Twitter and blocking cell phones and land line phones is not free speech. We can not afford to make enemies of the Egypt people that need our help. Let freedom live in the Middle East for a safer world.

January 28, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • freewatcher

Nana Brown, You are so right. Again the American government supports the wrong team. They are always spending billions of tax payers money supporting a criminel. It is no wounder we are so hated. Leaders lead by example. The time is closer than they think. The true people of America will be making the same demands on there gov.. If infact, all men are created equal, the time world wide is quickly upon all governments to maske it so. The global haves and have not factor throught out history DOES NOT WORK.

January 30, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Nancy of NY

Well done CNN you got your self a shining star.
    Piers, you are fantastic not afraid to ask questions. In time some of your audience who are having a hard time understanding you will either warm up or go visit the Pailen land.

January 28, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Susan Orman

Love the show, Pierce is perfect!! The backdrop,however, is very weak!! Too bright and boring, Larry's was stronger, very New York, very business! – sounds stupid but it really effected how I felt about the show and the content.
    Look forward to more Pierce – hopefully the details won't change the host. I think he's the right fit.
    Susan Orman

January 29, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. jackiem78

Piers questions are stupid, he is not smart at all. He is pompous, thinks he is better than most
    and he is not, arrogant and a foreigner . Bad accent and he wants to ban Americans on American
    soil. We don't watch his show. He wants to ban Maddona. She 's great, and we love her songs.
    He should ban himself. Good ridance.

January 29, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Jake O

I agree with you, can't stand him and don't understand why he banned certain people
    from his show. Who does he thinks he is, if he dosen't like the people here in U.S.
    he should go back to where he came from. What a cry baby.

January 29, 2011 at 4:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. The Oral Historian

Last night's program showed that Piers Morgan is an incredibly unprepared interviewer and should never have been broadcasting in the middle of a real world event. I turned on CNN at 8:50 pm last night for news, and his insipid drivel about the role of social media was infuriating. I expect news from CNN. We don't need to hear about what Twitter is saying about Egypt because we ARE ALREADY ON TWITTER. He looked like he was having a meltdown because he obviously knows nothing about Egypt. CNN–you should have yanked him immediately and switched to real journalism. Put Piers on the "entertainment" portion of CNN, not on the news stream. His incompetence was further illustrated when finally Anderson Cooper and journalists on site in Egypt came on. Morgan's commercials were irritating and his interview skills are nonexistent.

January 29, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. A Little Disappointed

CNN and Mr. Morgan, the majority of the "audience in waiting" do not want to see celebrities. We are already up to our necks with celebrity saturation. What the audience wants are the politicians, and our current leaders (state and city leaders) and put them to the fire on their particular leadership and issues that they are dealing with, so the public can be informed. Or like scientists letting us know what is happening in an entertaining and encouraging way, and other people we are not exposed to unless we go to specific shows that are boringly produced.
    CNN should be in the middle, I mean really in the middle, looking and examining the issues we face as a nation. One governor being interviewed relates to the issues that other states have, and instead what we get is the Kardashian’s????
    We, the public, need a cable channel that does not milk one situation to death for hours, days and weeks, and then switch to mindless celebrity interviews that only markets the celebrity.

January 29, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Carol Meyer

Piers, please stop referring to Susan Boyle as a "spinster". If you MUST signify her marital status, please refer to her as "single". Why do you use this word so much when you refer to her! Susan's fans abhor your use of this word. We thought you were her friend.

January 29, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Heather

Really enjoy your show Piers. But please no reality show stars.

January 29, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Joe Smith

CNN- You have backed the wrong horse.
    The 1st week in we get Joel Osteen ,the Kardasians, Colin Firth. This is supposed to be some hard hitting interviewer and we get this garbage. Now all of a sudden he is jumping on the Egyptian crisis, way to bury the lead. It will interesting who admits their mistake first.. CNN with this guy or CBS with Katie Couric and their lead anchor. Walter Cronkite must be rolling over in his grave and the body isn't even cold. True Journalism is dead!

January 30, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Aredee

I understand the seriousness of the situation in Egypt, but I hope you'll reschedule the Colin Firth episodeand let us know.

January 30, 2011 at 1:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. HelenHull102951

Take the HINT Piers, it really does take (20%)talking and (80%) LISTENING!!! Try it ... You are no LARRY KING, and never will be...

January 30, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Donna Potter

It's time for OBama and Hillary to say Mubarak needs to resign and leave the country. They are playing their words too safely. ( I voted for them by the way).

January 30, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. dana

Pier, please go away – your choices of "celebrities" are terrible. You want the Kardeshian girls to become the models for the American young women – make the role models for the English society. we have enough of them – maybe the Kardeshian girls (including their mom) should go back to school and make something useful with their lives, except dressing, making up, and spending money... we need real models for our daughters, not people who waste their lives and have NO values, except money and waste...and lack of common sense.
    please, leave and leave Americans alone before you ruin CNN and do you "celebrities" in England – leave us alone – look at the big picture yourself and learn from simple people with common sense.

January 30, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Liesl

I could not stand watching the Oprah interview and the other first ones. I was irritated as it all seemed so staged and pumped up to create hype over the take over from the legend Larry King. I am hoping the show levels out and Piers becomes a less arrogant and a more sincere host. I do like him, so I wish him all the best.

January 31, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Luckybealady

"Here's what I would say if I were President Obama".... Geez Piers, I really would have love to hear Dan Rather answer the question that you pointedly asked him. Apparently though, interruption of your guests will be what you are known for. I tuned into the program for the first and last time tonight. I thought anyone had to be better than Larry King. Now I simply wish Anderson Cooper would take care of CNN's entire lineup.

February 1, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Maresha

There are over 800 million muslims in the world, and it's the world's second largest religion. Wake up non-muslims: we'll have to practice tolerance for the muslim religion, not the extremists, but the religion in general. After all America was found on FREEDOM from religious persecution; why then does our media say we need to keep the brotherhood out of running Egypt when the brotherhood is already in?

February 2, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Sam

I miss Larry, and the old set. It was cool, and laid back. I loved it. I don't care for anything about the new show. The host comes off as pompous. The set is banal, not to mention it seems cold. It is a total miss with me. I hope Larry comes out of retirement!

February 18, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Jamil Lahham

Hey Pierce:
    I was wondering when is CNN/you going to cover the unrest in Syria? it's been a whole week now, people are being shot at, killed, arrested, the Syrian government shut the internet off in Deraa to stop the videos from leaking out to the world to see and nothing came up in that regard on CNN. Is it not that important to address?

March 20, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. debra bachorski

i think that mr. morgan's view on the actions of president obama against khadafi is as skewed as it can be. getting rid of khadafi is the ONLY humanitarian possible. khadafi is not going to stop killing people till he's dead! how can he possibly think that killing that ANIMAL is wrong? and, true, he is NO Larry King. and the president's name is OBAMA, not OBAMER!!!

March 21, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Rick Becker

His interviews following President Obama's speech were so bad, I thought I was watching Fox, not CNN! The entire debacle was one sided, with him preaching republican point of view. I thought CNN brought both sides to the debate. I say we ship this idiot over to Fox or back to England. How dare this guest of the United States show such disrespect to our President. I say good ridance to bad rubbish!

March 29, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Wiiliam

I think that the events in egypt were either fully or partially caused by the united states if not the fact that countless americans go to see the pyramids fully exercising the freedoms that we have here that they do not than it is from the new years countdown or the pretty pretty shiny shiny concept of being free to just get tire of a person in power and wipe him away from all government affairs with the quickness of a bullet

May 4, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Williamfamily Age 12 auburn maine

Hello this is williams mom hes been following all this and American politics have been at our dinner table as well as breakfeast table since before Osama Williams dream was to become the first black Pres only to give up when Obama got elected see as every Ameican financial struggles cant keep a good man down who pays Osamas child support when our soldiers come home heros and cant find work as a result of post tramatic stress syndrome? Behind every great man is a great mom and after viewing the Kenndy movie on free direct tv our whole family is back to basics faith and eatin recycling no obeasity only healthy family my pldest son left behind in prison in Tehachapi CA for self defense hoping the 3 strike law dont keep him before he can rejoin his family back home in ME he like the seals only uses nessasary force to protect himself or like anyone else could take a life for a life no matter what culture...When does integrity get taught at home the buck stops at our door step if weve missed another blog comment please pass this one to the next announcer Im learning the internet as William helps actually everyones a critic in our house thank you for hearing and responding to our hopes and dreams...And ask Obama to keep Williams seat clean Thank YOU ROSE KENNENDY FOR YOUR CONTINUED INSPIRATION WE LOVE YOU

May 4, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Lee

I find Pearce Morgan to be arrogant, rude and continually interrupts and talks over his guests unless they totally agree with him. Not a good replacement for Larry King and perhaps he should go back to England.

December 18, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply