Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 31st, 2011

What did Condoleezza Rice think of Piers Morgan's "moronic" questions?

Piers Morgan writes in his Sunday Daily Mail column this week about the first few "Piers Morgan Tonight" shows.

What did George Clooney have to say about Susan Boyle? "I was filming Up In The Air at the time and I kept playing it to all the crew. She's an amazing lady. Such a great story," Piers said George told him. Now how about the questions related to Condoleezza Rice and marriage?

Some of the questions drew criticism, so Piers responded directly:

The Guardian has got its rampantly feminist knickers in a twist over my interview with Condoleezza Rice, in which – following a lengthy debate about WMD, Iraq and Afghanistan – I asked her about love, romance and marriage.

Apparently this was 'moronic' and deeply insulting to poor Dr Rice. Which is odd, because her office rang today saying she loved it, and asked if she could come back in for another interview when her next book is out.

Check out the full column here.

Post by:
Filed under: Across The Pond
  1. Sue

I think Condi wants to come back and see if you were listening to the part about how to seduce her. Maybe she will bring gumbo.

January 31, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. American Chicka

"rampantly feminist knickers in a twist"
    Wow. That's possibly the most insulting thing I've ever read by a so-called journalist. England can keep him.

January 31, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. goborgunk

Piers,
    You are misleading yourself if you think that you are going to sail through the future of your show with your clipped British accent. I know it is not easy, but not impossible; you really need to gradually Americanize your accent because many of us are not able to follow most of what you are trying to convey. Please try.

January 31, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Lee Webb

Here's an idea - With the Egyptian Air Force's permission, have the USAF drop food to the starving Egyptians all over the country. Show them we CARE about them.

January 31, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Disappointed

Piers,

You have lost me already I am afraid. You are supposed to be a chat show host, but on Friday and tonight you are pretending to be a news commentator. My advice would be leave that to the professionals like Anderson Cooper. Oh, and by the way: lighten up, you are too stiff and formal. After I great start with old Ricky I am disaapointed to see you crash so fast.

January 31, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. American Chicka

One more thing. The only reason Rice wants to come back on the show when her BOOK comes out is because that would be when her BOOK comes out. She wants to sell her book. She'd want back on the show pretty much whatever you did, as it's free promotion for her book. The fact that you know this yet act like your readers are too stupid too know this is insulting.

January 31, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. KIKI123

Enough about Piers Accent, English . his English is the proper way to speak, of course if you are from Georgia, like I am , not for long, his English is Foreign to you, I do not understand you either...ya...alll.

February 1, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Bill B

Very suspect of the show, but have become a fan. Great guests, interesting questions....keep up the good work...best of luck...

February 2, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. The Low prices with gopro backpack. The Premium Durable Backpack For GoPro Hero2 And HD Hero Cameras With Space For Accessories By DURAGADGET DURAGADGET’s deluxe quality rucksack is the perfect accessory for your valuable GoPro camera. This backpack wil

Hey There. I discovered your blog using msn. This is an extremely smartly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll certainly comeback.

August 16, 2012 at 6:23 am | Report abuse | Reply