Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 2nd, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Mitt Romney on Egypt, 2012, Sarah Palin and more

Mitt Romney was a guest on last night's "Piers Morgan Tonight," and talked to Piers Morgan about the Egypt crisis as well as domestic politics.

Gabriella Schwarz of the Political Ticker has a write-up: "Although he wouldn't speculate on whether he could beat her in a potential matchup, he was quick to volunteer the opinion of his wife, on his run. "My wife thinks I should run, she's absolutely committed," Romney said. "I'm not sure she knows whether I can win or lose, but I know she feels that somebody of my experience is needed in the country at a time like this." There was also a discussion about Egypt – video below:

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. CB

Great interview! Piers Morgan and Mitt Romney were both great! Romney would make a wonderful president. I just don't know if he is "red meat" enough for the tea party. I'd vote for him.

February 2, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Spencer

Maybe true about the "red meat" but does the Tea Party want someone that sounds good...or do they want someone that can and has actually gotten things done! I like Romney...he has proven and positive leadership...working with both sides.

June 7, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. EGYPTIAN LADY

WHERE IS THE UNITED NATION WHERE IS HUMAN ORGANISATION MOUBARAK IS KILLING HIS PEOPLE IN THE TAHRIR SQUARE AND EVERYONE IS WATCHING .. HOW COME NOONE IS HELPING THESE KIDS ..HE IS SENDING HIS GANGS RIDING HORSES TO FEAR HIS ONE PEOPLE AND KILL THEM WITH THE MOLOTOOF BOMBS

February 2, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Chris Winham

How about that Romney always bashing the President even during a crisis like this, shows real class and patriotism, just like all the conservatives do when they don't have their guy in the white house. American as apple pie

February 2, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Alfred

Just remember.
    Mitt Romney is the one that strapped his dog atop the family car in the dog carrier. Is that the kind of judgment you want in the President of the United States? Maybe Michael Vick should be his running mate. The Torture Party.

February 2, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Laura

Why wont the US politicians call Mubarak a dictator ? The US really failed this test, they speak from both sides of their mouth about democracy, this is ridiculous. Mubarak is a dictator, USA has been supporting a dictator.

February 2, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. sharon

I listened to the interview....but when it got to the part about religous tolerance,etc....please.....
    Quitely behind the scenes his church worked for 30 years to finaly get a bill passed and signed and removed the Dineh' at gun point off their ancestral lands so that a british coal company called Peabody could come in and kill off the land.$$ to britian.....and the people????oh yes....they were moved to a toxic land dump in the rio purque'where nothing lives.They filmed their exsistance and took it to the U.N. and showed the world leaders what had been done to 12,000 of them. So, if that is religous tolerance..........I do not need someone who honors 1997's murderous intent.

February 2, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Lisa

I am hoping this isn't the candidate they are gonna throw out for 2012. He is old news, with a Varoom haircut! We need someone with some real balls!

February 2, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Gregory Scott

Thats an intelligent response, "haircut".... yeah thats why I won't vote for someone. To even mention someone's haircut as a reason for voting or not voting is the problem!

This man stands up for beliefs whether you have the same or not, he stands for something. I'd rather vote for someone who is willing to be hated for someone he is, rather than liked for someone he's not.

Mitt Romney should be our next president!

February 3, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Chad

Boy do we need a moderate in the white house. Too many divisive individuals in the past. He is obviously smart and well spoken. But Lisa's comments about somebody with real balls, is exactly not what this country needs. Diplomacy and moderation is what a president has to do, whether you like it or not. Going around and being abrasive and overly aggressive has not worked well in the past. I spend a lot of time in China, and I know that would be the worse thing for our Chinese relationship (even though we can't trust a word the Chinese say:).

February 2, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. teddy

mitt romney ? no tie..he wants us to think he's down to earth & was raised in a poor home..he's very very wealthy..spent maybe 60 million of his own money on the last campaign..none of his 5 sons have been in the military..wonder why ???

February 3, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Bill

You are worried about what "His" church did decades ago, his haircut and if he's wearing a tie. People need to listen to what the man is saying, how informed he is and how he thinks. He's the most intelligent candidate this country has had in recent histrory. Elect Romney 2012.

February 3, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Destrey

This "free sharing" of inoframtion seems too good to be true. Like communism.

December 24, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • llzacgoy

lIUaM8 ausgztuhhvcj

December 25, 2011 at 3:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Dex

Piers Morgan Show – Saw it the 1st time tonight...I had quit watching Larry King even though I followed him back when he was on radio. The reason being that I just couldn't take watching 4 minutes of show & then 4 minutes of commercials for an hour.

It just became too annoying. I had just ran across the show with the twins that say they got ripped off by Zuckerberg. I liked Morgan a lot!!! He was asking the kind of questions I want to hear. Larry had just become a softball pitcher with his questions...maybe he always was.

Thoought Piers had a good sense of humor also. Loved it when he kept asking the twins...what is your $$ amount you guys want to end this thing? And they were saying some B.S. about how it was a stand on principal for any future kids they would have. And he asked them again & again....that is a real interview I think....don't treat everybody with kid gloves. I'm not talking about treating anybody in a malicious manner or anything.

Too bad that will be the last timeI will watch the show. The commercials are just more than a viewer should be asked to deal with. Dex

February 12, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Becse

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You're incredible! Thanks!

March 2, 2011 at 5:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Edinson

I don't know all there is to know about Romney but I have never trusted him, he's too slick, too phony.I do know that his great-grandfather, a pcnitrciag polygamist, fled the US to Mexico with his several wives and children. Did they ever file for Mexican citizenship? Probably not since Mexicans & Americans jumped back & forth across the border as though it didn't exist. They would have been simply ex-patriots. One of his sons, Gaskell Romney (Mitt's grandfather) was born in Mexico. Born in Mexico to American parents, he was a dual citizen, at best. Gaskell grew up in Mexico and married a girl of like backgound, born in Mexico to American parents. Their son, George, (Mitt's father) was born in Mexico. Gaskell fled Mexico to the U S to escape the revolution. Mitt's father was born in Mexico to dual citizen parents. Dual citizenship is not inherited, therefore George was always a Mexican citizen and probably an illegal. He later ran for the presidency, a position he could not legally hold. He is most likely not even an American citizen because his ancestors always considered themselves American and ignored immigration laws.George and his American wife are the parents of Mitt. With his Mexican father and his American mother, he is a dual citizen. He is therefore ineligible for the office of Presidency.

June 27, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply