Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

Coming up on "Piers Morgan Tonight": Barbara Walters and more
February 2nd, 2011

Coming up on "Piers Morgan Tonight": Barbara Walters and more

Piers Morgan was interviewed by Barbara Walters on the day his show premiered, when he was a guest on "The View" (check out a clip here). Tonight, the tables are turned, and Walters is a guest on "Piers Morgan Tonight."

During his "View" appearance he said he'd make Walters cry with his questioning. "She and I both know exactly how I'm going to do this," he said. "I dont' think he's going to make me cry, but if I were going to cry, you can be very sure I won't now," answered Walters. Let's see tonight! Also on the show, Rudy Giuliani, Anderson Cooper, Ivan Watson and more Egypt coverage.

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. laurie Romanelli

when are you finally going to air the kid rock episode??????

February 2, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. wvmomofthree

I'm liking Piers Morgan. He's so smart and we need more of that on American television. I love his name! Where did he come from out of the blue? Must have been whooping it up with the in-crowd unknown to me (somehow). I hope Larry King is doing well and enjoying his retirement. I hope he doesn't dumb it down, in fact he would be better at Charlie Rose than Charlie Rose. Happy to have you in America, Mr. Morgan!

February 2, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Robert Jutras

Piers. Glad to have you on air in North America. I am Canadian from Vancouver BC and throughly enjoy your interview style. Keep it up, you are indeed a breath of fresh air on the media circuit. Your show is more than entertaining, it is informitive and interesting.

February 2, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. yokolee

Piers u not bad after all..........give us Woody Allen

February 2, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Imelda

Piers

You are doing great......What about Liam Neelson........ Please Piers

February 2, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. D Linsky

I am enjoying your show during this crisis in Egypt. It is much more interesting than listening to silly ppl.
    Keep covering Egypts Uprising, remember this is how Nightline got it's start, way back when.

February 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. nbattaglia

And why might we be interested in what Rudy Giuliani might be thinking about Egypt?

February 2, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • CHM

Piers, great program. I really appreciate your style and that you have a good understanding of the subject matter. Thanks for having Rudy on tonight; his perspective is always interesting and informative.

February 2, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Amrita

Piers is just asking basic questions. I am originally from Jordan, living in the USA and my American friends have more knowledge than he. Even Barbara Walters has more knowledge about Egypt than Piers.

February 2, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey

I feel he never let's his guest finish their answers, he interrupts them all the time and he bonuses from one topic to another that has no relations to what he was just talking about. I also do not like his foul language he uses quite often. I am not impressed as of yet.

February 2, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary

Joey, I have to agree with you, Piers cuts off many of his guests from answering the questions. I did not think I would like his program at all and I do somewhat but the cutting off the guests answers is really annoying.

February 2, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jeri

I agree...Piers, it is very rude and annoying to ask your guest questions that you don't give them time to answer. To be a great interviewer, the key is to listen. Are you listening?

February 3, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Mahmoud El-Gohary

I'm an Egyptian American, and was very proud of Senators McCain's message to Mubarak asking him to step down now. With all due respect to Rudy Guiliani, why is he using the ridicules argument that Islamist will hijack Egypt. Egyptians want to be free, and it has nothing to do with Islamist!

February 2, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Amrita

touche! Mahmoud El-Gohary, at least someone else understands. Too bad Piers doesn't.

February 2, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Rocky

Horses Never Lie!! Just had a chance to see the mounted protestor and I must say that those are quite well trained horses and riders. Riding one handed while cracking a bull whip takes skill. A horse that responds calmly to a rider cracking a bull whip and urging him forward into a what must be a very loud crowd is extremely well trained – horses are scared cowards by nature. Who has such horses and riders?

February 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Diana in CA

Several of the horses were emaciated. The one that fell was positively skeletal. How trained could they have been?

February 3, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. chococlap

what is rudy giuliani doing commenting about who should egyptian people elect as a president. egyptians have the right to select whoever they want. Rudy had a chance in NYC, he blew it by ruinning the economy of the city. Bloomberg is still trying to fix it....

February 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. M Murphy

We love Piers Morgan. He is so knowledgeable in everything. We watch America's got talent, and now it seems that he was so below his potential. What a smart guy. Thank you CNN. We are back watching you. Please keep him on, and blow FOX out of the water.

February 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. David

Giuliani is a true twit!!! Does he not understand that the people of egypt have stated any role that is filled by Mooby, will not be accepted. He should stop acting like he has any chance at having a future role in washington, and go back to his dwelling in york! Your breath is useless Giuliani, and you have wasted everyones time with your interveiw. Maybe not, because it does show how you yourself do not pay attention! Besdies that interveiw, Good work Piers, like the show...

February 2, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Ana

Piers, your show has improved since your beginnings. It's more stimulating to hear from Tony Blair than the Kardashians. Keep up the good work.

February 2, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Z-lady

Pierse, give us Noam Chomsky, you will have sky high ratings and finally one intelligent guest.

February 2, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dodie

Goodness... I just turned on the TV and Piers is asking about Barbara's love life? We have a revolution going on in Egypt and we are listening to this? Sorry CNN, I am changing stations to MSNBC. There is now heavy gun fire in Cairo as shown by MSNBC

February 2, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dodie

Z-lady

You are absolutely right. Noam Chomsky would be excellent to interview and so knowledgeable as long as Piers does not cut him off at the pass. Yikes, there is all kinds of gun fire in Cairo. Its just now been considered a full blown revolution in Egypt!!!

February 2, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Z-lady

I laugh at his guests, they sound so trivial. On other hand Chomsky is known all over the world, and today more then ever, his words are truly prophetic.

February 3, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  16. Gary Brown

I can't see Piers lasting very long on Live. Its one thing to interview people to gain insight but when the interviewer is the one with all of the opinions and rakes his guest over the coals for having contrary opinions, having guests agree to return appearances will be a challenge. Unfortunately, another case of journalists trying to make the news rather than uncovering or reporting it.

February 2, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. cj

WOW!!! You are so much better live! Fast on your draw, intellectually stimulating, on target questioning, and at ease shifting between subject matter. STAY LIVE!

February 2, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. NWatson

Been watching the show this week and find it REALLY annoying that Piers keeps interrupting the guests. It just happened with Barbara Watlers, last night too. You ask a question, don't let them fully finish before adding your soundbite. Please stop. I'm normally such a fan.

February 2, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Diana in CA

You're a good interviewer, but you should work on not talking over your guests. You ask them questions, and then interrupt their answers, and you then keep on talking until they give up. That is counter-productive and annoying. Why don't you let them finish their replies, and then you can weigh in.

February 2, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Chilli

When will America and the rest of the world realize this has nothing to do with anyone else but with the Egyptians!! Stop looking at things through the US/Isreal lenses for once. Get over yourselves.
    Kuddos to Barbara- yes look beyond your borders. Its about Egypt and its people.
    Rudy- the people of Egpyt can elect WHOMEVER they choose, be it the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD, thats what democracy is abot- nut...

February 2, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. larry

Mr. Morgan is boring. Who cares about Opra and Barbara. This is all tabloid talk and is meaning less. I dont think Piers will last too long.

February 2, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chris

Every night, Piers will interview someone that some people find interesting and others do not. So no one of us can speak for the entire viewing audience. Women and heart disease is far from tabloid.

February 2, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Amrita

Ahem, Chris

I fully agree with Larry. Interviewing TV wannabes, out of date individuals is Tabloid garbage. CNN is a 24 hour news station. If you want to listen to these interviews, I advise you watch good morning America, Oprah, and other shows like that. All this type of program does for CNN is drag their name in the gutter,

February 2, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Kaykay

Piers...Your guest speaker Rudy Guillliani comments were very inconsiderate and showed him as an ignorant person. He mentioned that all of the leaders in the Middle East are dictators. I agree, but who is supporting these dictators (who are hijacking these nations). I can bit with my life that if these dictators were not supported by the US and others. This hipocracy and double standards is what causing these turbulent in the middle east

February 2, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. fadi

Mr Morgan has a great show, However Mrs Barbara Walters has her facts wrong. Israel is not the only democracy in the region. Lebanon its neighbor to the north is a democracy which recently witness a change of power more or less peacefully.I am disappointed to see that she forgot about the thousands of American Soldiers who gave their lives and bodies to establish a new democracyI in Iraq.I am surprised to see that mrs Walters refer to Israel as a democracy when it strips palestinians who are born in Jerusalem from the Israeli from their ID card in order to convert Jerusalem into a Jewish city..... I was never a fan of Mrs. Walter and will never be.

February 2, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. MrZrule

Hey Piers,

Shut up. You're opinion is of scant value and you're robbing your guests

February 2, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. larry

I agree that usually it is no body's business who a country elects BUT these countries are affecting the world in a negative way. who cares about Pakistan but the reason we must care is because what happens in Pakistan can be lethal for the world security. If the two countries (may be third Iran too) disappear from the world, it would be a peaceful place.

February 2, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Kameron Miller

Who does Barbara Walters think she is saying that most Americans don't even know who Mubarak is? Does she live in some Barbara Walters bubble? Pleeeeeez!! Enough with that egomaniac.

February 2, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Amrita

The revolt in Egypt and other countries in the Middle East has an impact on the world. However, only the Egyptian people have the right to choose their form of government with no outside influence..

Piers, you are going to ask Barbara about her love life when we have a revolt in Egypt? Some of us work and rely on CNN to provide us with current up to date news. I do not care about Barbara's love life. Such dribble I am turning the channel.

February 2, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Riz Syed

Too many ridiculous comments from Barbara Walters. How can you expect an ardent Israeli supporter to say anything positive about Muslims who are seeking to come out of the clutches of a dictator.

The idea that Egypt is going to be radicalized is being flung around because Americans are dumb enough to believe it. Ask any zionist... Muslims and Islam are radical and need to be contained and ppl like Mubarak should be supported. Can you believe that this is the state of affairs in America? Decades of allegedly supporting democracy and now the true colors come out – Mubarak is a dictator and a friend. Thank you media and the US govt for making this point come through loud and clear!

February 2, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. larry

We all know how smart Barbara is and I don't think this British chap is any smarter

February 2, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. getbodymagic

Did you show a picture of arafat while she was talking about sadat being the most important interview.
    i guess barbara did say that we don't know other world leaders anyway.

February 2, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Charles

They showed her with Sadat earlier; the picture you are referencing was among several photos of her with various people.

February 2, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. larry

We all know how smart Barbara is and I don't think this British chap is any better

February 2, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. chuck d.

Piers,thanks for bringing a bit of literacy-more than a bit,actually-to the 10 pm slot. I think you and Spitzer make a fine 1-2 combo for politcal conversation(Ba-ba Wa-wa notwitstanding). Although hearing Rudy G. do his usual "The Muslims are coming,the Muslims are coming!!" routine is all too predictable,I'm sorry you didn't call him to task on his appearance in a virulent anti-muslim film as noted in a current Village Voice article. I'd love to have heard him explain how he justifies it's racist tone: http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-01-19/columns/nypd-cops-training-included-an-anti-muslim-horror-flick/
    Maybe next time...

February 2, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Eileen (CANADS)

Piers,
    Barbara Walters is NOT the best interviewer you have ever seen as you said on the View. Tonight I didn't like your interview with Barbara Walters. She was condesending & tried to take over the interview.She came off as being full of herself & I used to like her.
    I love you Piers. Keep up the good work. Please have Bill Clinton on soon. He is the MOST fasinating person ever......

February 2, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Gary

As I'm watching Piers interview porbably the greatest interviewer of our time he comes off as intrusive, abrasive and almost angry when he can't get Barbara Walters to dish up some dirt. 'Charlie the Tuna' strikes again! What a mobody!

February 2, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dodie

Liz Carter in Georgia

ROFL LMAO!!!! You just gave me the best laugh I have had in a long time. Thank You!

February 2, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Liz Carter in Georgia

So far I'm liking PIERS MORGAN. He seems to be pretty well versed on most of the national issues; domestic and foreign. Thanks for having BARBARA WALTERS on. I've always loved and admired her! She's the 'SOJOURNER TRUTH' of the AMERICAN TV NEWSMEDIA! BARBARA's a member of a VERY small group; THANKS, BARBARA for helping to set such a high standard in AMERICAN newsreporting! Many others would do themselves good to at least TRY to walk in her footsteps! People are tired of gossip and the daily dumb s–t!

February 2, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Betty, Mississippi

It's one thing to move an interview forward; it's quite another to CONTINUALLY interrupt people as they speak; Wait for the natural pause in their answers; don't continually interrupt and SPEAK OVER their responses/comments. It happens quite often in your interviews - go back and listen to them. Not only is it irritating but is quite rude!!

February 2, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Eva

Piers, please stop interrupting the people that you are interviewing. You need to let them finish their thoughts. I hope it's just beginners nerves but I watched the Interview with Oprah ,and it was a brilliant interview because she helped you so much, I was very disappointed when you jumped in when she had not finished idea; and surprised at your lack of intuition. Now I'm watching the interview with Barbara Walters and you won't let her finish a thought. In my humble opinion these people are among the most important voices of our time. Give them time to answer. I wish you well and hope that you appreciate the gift that you have been given .
    Relax and take time to listen a bit more.

February 2, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Bev

Piers, Asking questions then talking over the interviewee's response is very unpleasant.
    Some of your audience is interested in what the guest has to say.
    We choose not to watch a show where rudeness reins.

February 2, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. dennis

Piers,

I have been watching your show off and on for the last couple of weeks. You are no better than Bill O'Reilly or Steve Inskeep when it come to interviewing someone. When you ask a question TRY to listen to the answer rather than interrupting the entire time trying to force the answer you want. I suspect you are not helping CNN with their ratings.

February 2, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Regina

Piers,
    I was only fortunate enough to catch the end of your interview with Barbara Walters. You had just finished a brief discussion about the royal wedding and were saying your thank yous and goodnights when you shook Mrs. Walter.s hand as if she were your buddy next door. Just a suggestion, but we ladies whether of royal blood or strong personalities-prefer a soft touch even in a handshake. I noticed. How many other viewers noticed?

February 2, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Diane M

I have always had respect for Barbra Walters, but she was way out of line to make the statement that half of the American people probably don't know who Mubarak is. I think the American people try to stay very informed on all aspects of the Middle East......post September 11 2001.

February 2, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Jes

Why would CNN ruin its reputation with a person who has no people skills, no manners, and not American?

Piers does not have a following and will not have one because he is not charismatic and interesting, nor knowledgeable of current events.

CNN bad choice. Bring real journalism back.

February 2, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • David Hanson

I completely disagree. He is one of the best interviewers I have ever seen.

February 5, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Warfield

Why would you have that old windbag Barbara Walters on? If I was looking for insights on the situation in Egypt, she is the last person whose opinion I coveted. Interviewing celebrities, asking what kind of tree a someone wants to be – she should stick to the lame stuff she built her name on. Does she really believe her opinion holds any weight? As far as I'm concerned, you didin't interrupt her enough. Really Piers, you're good. You don't need to suck up to the American media glitterati. I switched to BBC when you had her on! P.S. Howard Stern was your best interview yet – and I'm not even one of his accolytes. He was fresh, intelligent and honest.

February 2, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. John Doolie

As did Tony Blair the other night,, Rudy Giuliani again emphasized egypts vital role as a U.S. allie as well as the United States "owing" Mubarak. Could someone explain to me exactly what the U.S.A. owes Mubarak and Why? Considering U.S. taxpayers donated over a billion in arms a year to this country, shouldn't it be the other way around. Secondly, isn't the U.S. supposed to be the most powerfull country in the world. Why would they need Egypts help? Like their going to come help the U.S. in North Korea; don't think so. Seems to me last time the U.S. went storming into war they did not need anyones approval nor help. Sounds Like America's wrath of deceit and carage around the world over the last half century is finally being exposed..

February 2, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Doug

I don't miss Larry King, but I do wish you would stop interupting your guest and listen more!!!

February 2, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. rose macaskie

Piers Morgan, i like your interveiws a lot but tonight when you asked people about Egypt and to judge from your lack of replies to their replies, I wonder if you had been whatching CNN at any length on this because Ben Wedaman who lives there had explained that Mubarat during elections and such, manifestations, pays people to go out protesting for him and to beat people up. tTnight other people the journalist have interveiwed have said the same. Some people on your show seemed to think those protesting for Mubarat were just natural supporters of Mubarat.
    Also it seemed as if the people on your show were convinced thast the people protesting for the down fall of Mubarat were likely to be Islamic extremists, when everything they have been saying to the CNN journalists seems to indicate that they are people who want thefreedoms of the west, not the tyrany of Islamic extremist. They want democracy and a fair chance not to be flung into jail by strangely perverse tyrants. rose macaskie madrid.

February 2, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Brian owens

Rose hello from chiswick and Austin Texas. A long time & so many roads.

February 4, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Michael Tumer

This country has many more thoughtful people than Rudy Guiliani who continues to express meaningless and shallow ideas. I hope our administration doesn't follow his advice as how to approach the Egyptian crisis. Why don't you find more thoughtful people to discuss important issues. Larry King used to like Rudy but his time is past and we're beyond reactionary people like Mr Guiliani. just ignore him, please.

February 3, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Jeff T

This guy is awful. I have watched 3 times now and always the same. He asks softball questions, gets shutdown by the guest and doesn't know how to move on. CNN you can and need to do better.

Jeff

February 3, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Z-lady

Lol since when is Barbara expert on Middle East, she keeps repeating the same dogma how Middle East will be radicalized...she knows so little...as most Americans, she is ignorant and arrogant.

February 3, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Peter

Hello Piers,
    today you mentioned on your show that Al Arabiya network is an Egyptian network. please be advised that Al Arabiya network is out of Dubai – United Arab Emirates and not one of the Egyptian channels. In fact Al Arabiya network is being frowned upon in Egypt now for giving some false information.

February 3, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  51. Bertrand Laurent

Why on earth is Piers Morgan interviewing Rudy Giuliani about Egypt? What value or knowledge can Giuliani possibly bring to anything about current events in Egypt or US foreign policy there? His ill-considered, opinionated statements only serve to further dumb-down the public's understanding. Please, CNN, raise the bar! Thanks- Bert Laurent

February 3, 2011 at 3:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Patricia von Hippel

I am really enjoying the Piers Morgan Tonight show. HOWEVER, I don't know why he needed to interview Rudy Guiliani about the Egyptian situation. Not only is he not an expert in the field, but the information he gave about the Muslim Brotherhood being behind this movement and calling El Baradei a liar is false and misleading. Perhaps his intention to run as President influences his "opinions". I have watched CNN, PBS, and other stations, and listened to NPR all week about this situation and all their journalists, analysts and experts in the field contradict what Guiliani said. Come on, Piers, stick with the experts if you want the truth.

February 3, 2011 at 6:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  53. Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Dodie

Just saying high to you. Missed all our commentator friends in Larry King like A.Smith of Oregon, Ilhan, Jessie of NZ et al.

February 3, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Michael Sanchez

The Live Arafat mistake is unforgivably pathetic. Someone should be fired! Beyond that, Piers is terrible Live. The best way to describe it: Piers is like the deer after he gets hit by the car with the headlights, again and again and again!

February 3, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. MARYANNE

THE OPRAH INTERVIEW WAS THE BEST I'VE SEEN IN YRS ! CONGRATULATIONS !

February 3, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. Diane Albano

When is the interview with Colin Forth scheduled?

February 5, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  57. Cynthia

I love Piers Morgan! Still looking for that Colin Firth Interview!

February 5, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. David Hanson

His talent as an interviewer is the best I've ever seen. To whoever made the decision to have him take over Larry King's spot I just want to say: Genius!

The Anthony Hopkins interview was wonderful.

February 5, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  59. irritated

Please stop interrupting the guests.

February 8, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  60. RK

And yeah, the Rudy interview was terrible. Stick with experts, omit the self-serving political types. I'm utterly uninterested in what any U.S. politician, Dem or Repub, conservative or liberal, thinks or has to say about Egypt. Obama excluded, of course, since what he thinks/says actually matters a little bit, and has the potential to impact how things play out in Egypt.

February 9, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse | Reply