Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 4th, 2011

Saturday special edition "Piers Morgan Tonight": Anthony Hopkins

Saturday night will be a special edition of "Piers Morgan Tonight" – with Piers Morgan's recent interview of Anthony Hopkins.

In the preview of tomorrow's show, Hopkins tells Piers one of his favorite young actors. He also talks about a famous actor who grew up in the same small town as the movie star – Richard Burton. The full interview airs Saturday, February 5 at 9pmET/PT.

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Gary Christensen

It was reported on CNN that Mubarics holdings are between 40 and 70 billion with large holdings in the USA I sugest that the american gov. sieze thes holdings untill the charges against him (that will come soon)are concluded and if found gulity these holdings be sold and returned to the people

February 4, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. jmarie

Well, here we are again. No COLIN FIRTH interview.. CNN. why can't you let your viewers know when you will actually air the COLIN FIRTH interview?. I realize the situation in Egypt is important and should have preempted regular programming, but you are now going to show two previous interviews this weekend without ever having aired the COLIN FIRTH interview. Why are you doing this? There must be a good explanation. Let's have it.

February 4, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • lavandula

Twice I set my calendar for the Colin Firth interview. I mean are these live? I don't think so.

On the other hand, making lemonade our of lemons, dear Piers Morgan is a newsman, and a good on at that. Bet he never knew he'd be pitching in at CNN to carry specials on the crisis in Egypt. He's good.

But, sorry, Colin Firth is cuter with his trendy spiky hair – let's see him soon.

February 6, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. LW

Why are you going to run the Anthony Hopkins interview before Colin Firth's which has now been bumped two separate times?

February 4, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Christine

I too am disappointed and will no longer watch Morgan's show. Bumping Colon Firth two times and making no attempt to correct the blunder is rude and inconsiderate!

February 7, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. LW

Also, with all the modern technology why can't you create a section dealing with schedule changes and then keep it up to date? This would probably insure a greater audience, people get tired of trying to determine what is going to be seen when. It doesn't take any time at all to update something of this nature.

February 4, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Lulu

I completely agree that the interview with Colin Firth should be first before Anthony Hopkins. I have lost interest in watching Piers Morgan Tonight. When the interview with the cast of The King's Speech is aired I may decide to watch.

February 4, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Geegee

No offense but is very difficult to understand Morgan's heavy accent. Thank God he has a job and he may be there for a reason. Nobody will ever replace Larry King. There is so much talent in this country waiting for an opportunity, but.... I know CNN is trying to be different but I think is not working. On the other hand Anderson Cooper rocks. Sorry if I am mean. Good luck to Morgan anyways.

February 5, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tony

we have four kids, and really not all that bad now that I look back on it all. Really! Tons of glauhs, and tons of frustrations as well.Our 14 yr old son came up with would you rather be pooping forever or just live with the constant feeling you have to poop but can't?Leave it up to 14 year old boys!

April 4, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Andre

I waited until Thursday to see Colin Firth's interview (and the other two superb actors from "The King;s Speech") and now what? I understand the uprising in Egypt is an important international event, but why do you skip Colin Firth and, on Saturday, we will see Anthony Hopkins instead? It should have been Colin Firth this coming Saturday and, the following Sat., Anthony Hopkins. I don't get it. Can't you make us a big surprise and switch? This Sat. Colin Firth, please!

February 5, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. M.Wallis

When are we going to see the interview with Colin Firth? It had been postponed so many times that I have almost given up hope. Please don't disappoint us by announcing it and then it's not shown again. That has happened three times.

February 5, 2011 at 5:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Helen

I realize that Piers Morgan wants his interviews to run smoothly, however, I feel that he interrupts too often before his guest completes an important point or sentence which leaves me frustrated. Otherwise he has interesting guests and an appealing personality and hopefully in time he will slow down a bit without giving the impression that he is rushing.

February 5, 2011 at 7:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kyra

I agree with Helen. I think Mr. Morgan interrupted to much. I love Anthony Hopkins and I couldn't wait to hear the interview. But Mr. Morgan would cut him off in mid-sentence, over and over.

February 6, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. LWB

I am so glad that I am not the only one frustrated with the fact that the Colin Firth interview is not being shown. Again, on Thursday night I set up the dvr to record it and again we have Egypt. Okay, I realize that what is happening in Egypt is crucial and I don't want to compare the two in importance. But why air an interview with Anthony Hopkins on Saturday night before showing the Colin Firth interview. As a viewer, this makes no sense. Especially when you have people waiting for this interview.

It is early in the game for Pier Morgan Tonight. I want to like this show but I find I am just becoming irritated with the fact that I don't know when I turn on the show what I am going to get. I agree with LW about letting viewers know about changes ahead of time. The web site seems to be lacking in this regard. I don't believe that this show is one that a person will watch every night. I think that they will watch it when Pier has someone on that they want to see. Therefore, a schedule and a schedule update section would be good.

One last comment, while I feel that Egypt is crucial, I feel that there are many shows on CNN at night dealing with that issue. I almost feel like they are trying to make a name for Piers' show using the Egypt crisis (much like Nightline did with the Iran Hostage Crisis). I wasn't aware that his show was going to be a news report show. I thought he was doing in-depth interviews.

February 5, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Marcia

Try Mermaid's approach btanitg her eyes and pouting at dad got her a new computer last weekend. I have considered flashing boobies to see what I could get but I haven't figured out just what I want yet. So I am saving it up.

April 4, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Rita Callery

It appears someone from the cast of The King's Speech" will have to die a HORRENDOUS death before we get to see their interview..I am VERY frustrated about not showing them by this date!

February 5, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Stefan

I really liked TKS, Colin Firth more than deverses his win, but it did NOT have the substance tf4 win for Best Picture, nor does it make sense that it stole the best original script from inception.The King Speech is pretty funny, and touching at the end. It's a good movie from start tf4 finish, but that's it. Just a good movie. It feels more like a BBC made for TV movie than anything else. The script has hardly any turns an, while well written, is just as silly as you'd expect a movie about a sturret prince to be.The social network, on the other hand, had the intriguing story, the amazing dialogues and more of an ensemble cast than TKS, which was basically all about the 2 actors.Great movies make u think afterwards. Social network did, black swan did it beautifully, hell, even Toy Story 3 did. What does the king's speech makes you think about? Yeah, i know, if u try hard enough you can do things, but it's just too thin of a story to call it the best picture of the year

April 2, 2012 at 6:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Rita Callery

I don't wish anything bad to happen to the Firth & Co. cast!
    Heavens NO!!!!!!

February 5, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Lynn

Piers Morgan and CNN have a lot to answer for. The Colin Firth interview should have been shown when announced..but to sucker the viewers again and not show it a second time was unforgivable!!! Now we have the Hopkins interview shown instead of "the Kings Speech Cast" which was filmed well before . I am a big fan of Hopkins too however, Morgan and CNN are showing such contempt for their viewers that I doubt the show will last.

February 5, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Elizabeth

The zombie on the right is cool, the eye roll, now if you get one to dnagle out a bit. Would be a nice touch. Jus' sayin.What is a normal comment? *puzzled*Would you rather answer these questions or do laundry? *thinking that might be rhetorical*

May 20, 2012 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Mary

When on earth is the Colin Firth interview going to be shown? It has been bumped every night for over a week for ridiculous coverage of Egypt. How about showing this before the Anthony Hopkins interview or the women's interview. You're doing nothing but making people mad. Come up with a schedule and stick to it. There are plenty of other programs covering Egypt.

February 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Janie

Agree on the Colin Firth interview. I have waited impatiently to see it and it's always something else. The only good thing about the Egypt coverage is the PM does a better job with news that he does interviewing celebrities. However, I will put up with just about any inane interviewer to see Colin Firth. It's actually a treat to see how he handles it. Come on! Pick a schedule and stick to it.

February 5, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Bill, in Vancouver

Agreed. Suckered again with the Firth interview announced and then cancelled, again. Are we being manipulated with these teases? Jeez, at least put the interview online.

February 5, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Monic

I've been wanting to see this movie for mothns but it's still not in the cinema here in Belgium. Pout.I guess it'll be worth the wait. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Colin Firth is awesome.

August 2, 2012 at 12:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Mark

ok, if tonight Piers and CNN gives us Anthony Hopkin (and there is a big IF), then what about tomorrow, Sunday night? Could you air the interview with King's Speech brilliant cast, Colin Firth, J. Rush and Helena? I have many friends I talked to and we are kind of frustrated. Usually there is nothing new Sunday night, so why not air the interview with Colin Firth?

February 5, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • LWB

I doubt they would put it on at the same time as the Super Bowl. But, again, maybe they will. There is always DVR.

February 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Maggie

I hope we at least have the Anthony Hopkins interview tonight. I'd hate to see that bumped, too. And let's do see the "King's Speech" cast on Sunday.

February 5, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. patti

Come on! When will you be showing the Colin Firth interview?

February 5, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Paula

Thank you for the excellent interview with Anthony Hopkins. He is not only a great actor, but also a brilliant person who inspires. Hopkins' latest film, "The Rite," is a very good one, and his previous movies are classic as well.

February 5, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Raven

Tell Piers to take a breath after he asks a questions. I lost count when watching for how many times he INTERRUPTED Anthony Hopkins. And each time he did, Anthony had to take another tract. Let the question play out! You are missing so good stuff. Keep up the good work. But be patient! Be in the moment and listen to the answer...let it play out!
    Thanks! Raven

February 5, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anne

It' was aggravating how many times Piers interrupted and cut off Anthony Hopkins when he was speaking.

February 6, 2011 at 4:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Peggy

PIers, please! What Raven just said – LET THE HORSE RUN! This interview with Anthony Hopkins is not about you – we want to hear what HE has to say, not be impressed with your already obvious skills! As many great directors know, when you work with a great actor, you give them a script and get out of the way.

February 5, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Mary

That woman whose mother was possessed is in my prayers!! Tell her that!!!

February 5, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Edmundo

1. I think it's sad that it takes an ex-European to teach Ermericans this stuff.2. While I agree with Craig on principle, the tbuorle with voting in the US is that it's essentially pointless as long as there isn't a viable THIRD box to tick. All presidencies of modern times in the US have been bought and paid for by big business. As it is, elections only give Ermericans the illusion of choice, because each candidate is pwned by the major lobbies through campaign contributions .

April 2, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Carmen

He wants to be called Tony, has a brilliant mind and career, and is fun and lighthearted! Wow! Wonderful interview. Wishing both Tony and Piers Morgan the very best.

February 5, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. cc

this show is only a couple of weeks old and it has already left me a bad impression. i'm just gonna wait until they air the colin firth interview, whenever that is, and then never watch cnn again between 9pm and 10pm until this guy piers is gone. seriously, if i want serious news during this hour i certainly won't get them from a reincarnated tabloid editor who is desperately trying to disguise himself as a serious journalist and has the habit of turning news into sensational farce.

February 5, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. cc

i love anthony hopkins.

February 5, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Z-lady

Pierse, please the next time when you discuss exorcism with your guests, call in your studio neuroscientist, who will explain why those psychotic episodes occur. I don't think that so called possessions have anything to do with the devil, but everything with the mental illness.

February 5, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Nadia

Stop interrupting people when they are answering your questions! You are constantly interrupting them, not letting them finish what they are saying. Pierse, are you so full of yourself or so insecure that you have to offer your opinions all the time, and your judgements? It is very annoying. Bad journalism. Bad host. Hope you do not last, because you are not professional, only high class experienced professionals should do this job. Just watched an interview with Anthony Hopkins – what a pathetic job, we can not hear his answers – Piers interrupts and cuts him off all the time

February 6, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • sharon

You are being too harsh. He is a host of a show, he is not an attorney at court – your standards for him are not fair. He does not have to be like his predecesor or like others you have seen for him to be effective. He has his own style. Give him a chance. If you have noticed, his visitors are always pleasantly surprised by his attutude and are smiling, rather than sitting there seriously. He has a natural style about him that makes him come across as genuine and endearing.

February 6, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Durak

Can anyone explain to me the public’s obsession with Colin Firth? Why is he that important? I think I am missing something

February 6, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. sharon

Great questions and interaction with Hopkins. I actually like the enthusiasm Pierce shows, even if he interrupts a lot – I get the impression that the interest of the moment compells him to interrupt, which makes the interview seem more real and less regimented or orchestrated. I feel like I am sneaking a peak at a private conversation.

February 6, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Heather

Great job Piers! Anthony Hopkins was one of the best interviews I have seen. He seems like such a genuine, down to earth fun guy.

February 6, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Jesse Mendes

I just watched the interview Piers did with Anthony Hopkins, and I absolutely must express my frustration. Piers why do you insist on interrupting your guests so much? It is BEYOND annoying. I lost count how many times you interrupted Tony.

The real shame is that you actually do ask interesting questions - but you don't know how to shut up and let your guest speak. SLOW DOWN. Your interview with Hopkins could have been SO MUCH BETTER if you had just sit back and LISTENED. Numerous times he was speaking of something quite interesting and you jumped in to ask him something else, which interrupted his focus. What a loss. A real opportunity lost.

I am a journalist. A good interviewer LISTENS, and knows how to "nurse the pauses". If you would show this respect to your guests you could become one of the best interviewers on television today.

February 6, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nadia

Agree with you 100% – many times it was so frustrating, I could not hear what Hopkins was saying because Piers talked over him! He seems to be interested more in what he has to say than in what his guests have to say.

February 6, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Helen

I agree with you totally Jesse! I do hope that the executives of CNN point this out to him. Never have I complained about anyone before on any network because they all act in a professional manner. I only wish everything will be remedied soon before the ratings go down. It would benefit all of us!

February 7, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pietro Michael

Wow you are spot on, Jesse. Piers does ask good questions but he shoots himself in the foot by not giving his guests enough time to respond to them. I found trying to listen to the Anthony Hopkins interview extremely irritating. Piers was so dis-respectful. He seems to be more interested in his own questions than he is in waiting for the answers. What a shame. I don't know how long I can put up with this for. He was great with Oprah and Howard Stern, but his interviews with George and Nick Clooney and Anthony Hopkins all sounded the same - Piers constantly interrupting their train of thought to take them in yet another new direction.

February 7, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Ashlyn

Please show the Colin Firth interview already!! I tune in every night to see if it will finally air, just to end up disappointed. Total disrespect for the viewers.

February 6, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • marion

Watch Colin Firth Monday, Febr. 7, on Bravo at 7 p.m. – Inside the actors studio. One full hour. I can't wait!

February 6, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Mark

To the people who were waiting for Colin Firth's interview and never happened: Monday Febr. 7, on BRAVO, at 7 p.m. Colin Firth will be on "Inside the actors studio". At least, this one, will not be posponed.

February 6, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • lynn

damn your lucky!!! We get inside the Actors Studio on Sunday (today) and it is listed as Alex Baldwin. It must be only on the US channel for tomorrow.!! the 7th

February 6, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. May Gordon

PS Why is every bit of news "BREAKING NEWS?"

February 6, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Helen

I think the best "Breaking News" would be that Piers Morgan has been replaced!

February 7, 2011 at 1:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. May

WHEN is the Colin Firth interview going to be aired? You keep advertising it during the day, and when the time comes, it is pre-empted. What a tease.

February 6, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Robin

Piers, STOP INTERRUPTING YOUR GUESTS. It is very annoying. I'm surprised they haven't called you out yet. Let them answer your silly questions and stop putting words into their mouths. As Anthony Hopkins said, "you ask all these awful questions." Geez...can you listen to your guests first before you go down your damn note cards of 1000 questions??? Are you asking every question posed by 13 year-olds on twitter?

February 6, 2011 at 5:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Rev Loren Sauers

I will be the first to admit that I was very skeptical about the new Pier Morgan show. I had never been much of a fan of Larry King so when I heard that Mr. Morgan was going to replace Mr. Kings show I thought that it would be another liberal tabloid show. Based on what my impression was of Mr. Morgan from his previous shows, which I did not watch religiously, I had a negative view of Mr. Morgan as a tabloid chaser but to my surprise this show is wonderful. The blend of subjects and people is fantastic. The questions Mr. Morgan asks is a great blend and the guests have been wonderful. So thank you Mr. Morgan for proving me wrong and may your show continue to be successful.

February 6, 2011 at 6:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Kat

At least I am not the only one wondering when the Colin Firth interview will air. The teasers shown for this interview the day it was supposed to air, were intriguing and I am hoping NOT to miss this! I am also wondering if some of the trailers for this inteview were shown AFTER the decision was made to go live. Good house communication may be harder to achieve than international satellite coverage!
    I have appreciated CNN's coverage of the crisis in Egypt, but it would be nice to know whether or not the interview will be rescheduled - and if it will - it would be nice to have a guestimate when it will be worked in!

February 6, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Stevie

When will the colin firth interview air?? Frankly 24/7 re Egypt is tooo much!
    Why are you placing so many before Colin? He is finally recognized as one of the most talented and versatile actors of our time.
    WHEN WILL HE BE ON!!!!!!

February 6, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. MIssChile

Where the heck is Colin Firth???!!!!

February 6, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. LW

There were 68 comments yesterday, including one that I posted. Where did it and the other missing comments go??

February 6, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Durak

February 6, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Andre

I don't believe it is an obsession, it is just the recognition of a great, great actor. To many he has been a revelation in King's Speech. Although he has been around for many years, he has been under rated. Last years in A single Man and this year in King's Speech he has revealed himself to be an extraordinary talent. Have you seen King's Speech?

February 6, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Lulu

Durak:

Coiln Firth is the hottest actor at the moment. I guess you have not read the entertainment pages on CNN lately. He has won the golden globe, movie critics and sag awards for best actor for The King's Speech. He is nominated for the Bafta and Oscar this month. Not to mention he is not so hard on the eyes.

Does anyone know if there is another Bravo channel? Colin is not listed during February on the Inside the Actor's Studio webpage. Alec Baldwin was on this evening. Criminal Minds is scheduled Monday evening.

February 6, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • lynn

I checked it out too and Baldwin was on my channel also. I guess we don't get the original feed from Bravo. I thought it would go out at the same time...guess not...perhaps they will stream it on the net.

February 6, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • LW

I am on Comcast and according to my information Colin is on tomorrow, I have my DVR set for channel 880 (that is the Bravo VOD station) for 6 PM CST

February 6, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. lynn

Robin I begin to believe you are right!!! BTW....love your little rant!!! I see you saw the King"s Speech film!!
    can you believe they want to edit that from the film so it can get a PG rating!!! Good Lord...what next. You can mutilate and dismember the whole cast on screen but they want to edit a couple of swear words in a very funny situation...

February 6, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. wayne berger

Piers Morgan If you would have kept your mouth shut after asking the questions and let Anthony Hopkins educate the public with his humble opinions on God, Religion, Alcoholism, and his own journey in life,we the public would have a much better understanding of the battles that the people we look up to and admire have with themselves and life.What a missed opportunity.Anthony Hopkins handled himself with grace and humility, and in my opinion knows the meaning of Anonymity and one day at a time

February 6, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kate Brodey

I could not agree with you more, Wayne. The Anthony Hopkins interview was a gross, missed opportunity. He has so much wisdom and insight that he did not have a chance to impart because Piers just kept cutting him off before he had a chance to really finish. I was appalled, really. I stopped counting after about 15 interruptions. Really bad. If Piers doesn't start shutting up and listening to his guests, I am going to stop listening for sure.

February 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Debbie

"Can anyone explain to me the public’s obsession with Colin Firth? Why is he that important? I guess I am missing something"... Durak, all I can say is: you must be a man!

And this is my second comment here, but I'll say it again – I'm REALLY P-O'd about the Colin Firth interview! Did it air this past Thursday, or not??? If it did – I missed it and THAT makes me mad... and if it didn't then WHEN will it air??? It's not a difficult question, for crying out loud!

February 6, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Durak

No, I am a woman, but I do not judge acting skills by the way actors look or by number of awards they received

February 6, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Marion Z

Durak, have you seen "The king's speech" and "A single man"? This is not about how he looks or the number of awards, he is amazing in both films. I've just seen the third time "The king's speech" and I am speechless. He is superb in the role of George VI and the film is brilliant (and the rest of the cast too).

February 7, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • andrew

No, it did not. It is still pending.

February 7, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Angie

Yes, indeed, Colin Firth will be tomorrow (Mon.) on Bravo at 7/6 C. I assume at 4 or 5 PT. I've just seen the preview right now on Bravo. Check bravo's website: http://www.bravotv/schedule

February 7, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Andrew Chan

Piers Morgan is much better than Larry King!!! Good replacement.
    Piers is wittier, livelier, more interesting and faster paced while King is dull, stale, and sorry to say, boring.
    Piers interviews his guests from different angles, touching both lighter and more serious subjects. King asks the same predictable questions, and no surprise, gets predictable answers.
    The one hour with Piers goes by so quickly, leaving me wanting more. The one hour with King just drags on and on with nothing new to say after the first two segments, putting me to sleep.
    I agree with many viewers, the only major criticism I have with Piers is that he tends to cut off his guests before they finish their sentences. While this does keep the interview proceed at a faster pace, it does not allow his guests to fully express their thoughts and opinions. Maybe it is because Piers has so much to ask his guests. If this is so, I much prefer Piers' interruption to King's long drawn out pace just to fill the one hour interview.
    My comments above are based on the two hosts' interviewing styles only, and not on how they stand on political and social issues.

February 7, 2011 at 4:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Bronwyn

Colin Firth is a magnificent actor...it all started for me when I saw him back in 1995 in the quintessential Pride and Prejudice BBC miniseries as Mr. D'Arcy. I have been following his career since then and when he will grace the small screen with his very talented cast mates (I'm also a fan of Helena Bonham Carter–since Room with a View and Geoffrey Rush–Elizabeth) this will be the first time I have ever seen them interviewed. Me thinks Piers is going to run this interview very close to the airing of the Academy Awards. Just a thought.

February 7, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Paulette

I believe you're right. This was my thought too: CNN will air the interview with the king's speech cast closer to the oscar ceremony.

February 8, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rusly

&10,Will check out the Jane Fonda blog. She made a movie last year (I think) with Lindsay Lohan that I\'m keeping an eye out for on DVD. Re women doiectrrs getting Oscar. They might be using the legal controversy over The Hurt Locker as an excuse. After all, any excuse will do. Haven\'t read its been resolved anywhere. I\'ve yet to see The Hurt Locker. Have to be in the mood for an Iraq/Afganistan war movie,but have to admit the few I\'ve sen have all been very impressive, but they\'ve all been about the first Iraq War. (Jarhead quite blew my mind. I wasn\'t expecting to like it.)

April 2, 2012 at 6:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rifky

What kind of American are you, not liking Hanks and Bullock? Did you read the novel, Extreemly Loud and Incredibly Close? I think I might have to.

April 5, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Robin

btw, did anyone looking forward to the Colin Firth interview catch him on Bravo's Inside the Actor's Studio? It was amaaaaaaaazing! Lots of great pictures and movie clips from Colin's past. Colin was tearing up a bit from all the audience appreciation. Definitely something you should set your DVR for when they rerun it. Check your Bravo listing.

February 7, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • mark

I enjoyed every minute of it.. A full hour with colin firth. Amazing actor!

February 8, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  51. Iris O'Malley

When will the Colin Firth interview be aired? This is ridiculous, the viewers are owed far more respect than being received.

February 8, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Kat

Posted on Facebook February 8.
    Update: The "King's Speech" show is scheduled to air Thursday night at 9pmET/PT.

February 8, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bronwyn

Kat you're correct! Now let's pray that there will be peace on earth on Thursday so that the interview will not get postponed once again...although secretly I believe that the third (attempt at scheduling) will be the charm. I'm off to set the recorder...again.

February 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  53. Mleep2x

Anthony Hopkins is a bore. If he didn't have an accent no one would listen to a thing he has to say.
    He is a very good actor but doesn't really have much to offer off stage unless you're sober and starstruck.
    I've met him on a few occasions in person and he's just as boring in real life as in this interview.

February 16, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Zaw NYC

What happened to interview with Rod Stewart? I thought it was supposed to be on Monday night but it did not come....

February 22, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  55. Diyan

The Colin Firth test is very sweet. He's a shoo in. I reckon our Geoffrey can grab best uprsopting actor, but our Jackie won't bring the little golden man home. Although anyone who was married to Derryn Hinch deserves an award for something. You've done some bad things, sweetie .

April 4, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. Teofila Bayard

Although Hopkins continued in theatre (most notably at the National Theatre as Lambert Le Roux in Pravda by David Hare and Howard Brenton and as Antony in Antony and Cleopatra opposite Judi Dench as well as in the Broadway production of Peter Shaffer's Equus, directed by John Dexter) he gradually moved away from it to become more established as a television and film actor. ;

Take a peek at our new web-site too

April 19, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply