Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 10th, 2011

Need To Know News – GOP 2012 Edition: Palin vs. Santorum; Donald Trump?

Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" will put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.

For February 10, 2011, CPAC is starting and the GOP 2012 race is taking centerstage.

Donald Trump will speak at CPAC. Paul Steinhauser and Peter Hamby report: "Donald Trump will speak Thursday at a major annual gathering of conservative activists that also doubles as the first major cattle call for probable contenders for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination." As the video above shows, Trump talked to Piers Morgan about his possible presidential aspirations (he'll decide by June) and whether he thinks Sarah Palin can win the election (he doesn't).

• Speaking of Palin – she's squaring off against potential rival (and fellow Fox employee) Rick Santorum: "Sarah Palin is mixing it up with potential rival Rick Santorum, suggesting the former Pennsylvania senator and presidential hopeful is a "knuckle-dragging Neanderthal." The eyebrow-raising slap came in response to Santorum's recent comments that Palin was likely skipping an annual gathering of conservatives in Washington this weekend because of other "business opportunities" and her mothering responsibilities."

• A Republican House member has resigned after Gawker published a Craigslist correspondence with a woman who was not his wife. Dana Bash reports: "Republican Rep. Christopher Lee of New York resigned his House seat Wednesday after a report that the married congressman had tried to meet a woman on Craigslist."

• An update on the ongoing Egypt protests: "New pressure mounted Thursday on the embattled Egyptian regime as thousands of workers in vital industries walked off their jobs in a show of solidarity with protesters demanding change."

• The iPhone is no longer only on AT&T. Reports Doug Gross: "If you've been dreaming of the wonders of an iPhone on Verizon's network, dream no more. Today, Apple and Verizon Wireless will begin selling a Verizon-ready version of the iPhone 4, ending AT&T's stranglehold on the popular device."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Need To Know News
  1. Thelma Hamer

Saw Mr Trump on Piers Morgan last night and I just have to say to Mr Trump..PLEASE enter the presidential race, you have my vote already

February 10, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Becca

YES Mr. Trump, you've got my vote; America needs a President with back bone, and no more playing games with politics. I was glued to the TV when you were on and lost count on how many times I yelled at the TV "Yes" to everything you said on what you stand for. So tired of "Fence Sitting" politics and underhanded government officials. Get back to what this country was founded on "In God we trust".

February 15, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • pratap

I am fully agrre with you...that these people ara cheets.....I wish many people in US wake up to this fact and do some thing.....

February 18, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

Shut up, Piers, and let us listen to Trump

February 19, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ed Kugler

I couldn't agree more lets get this guy Trump for President! We need the straight talk and no BS in this country.

February 19, 2011 at 3:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Alejandro

he\s right. out with the diplomats and send the wall street sharks in.
        he\s got my thumbs up!

February 23, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Edith Rae brown

I totally agree with Donald Trump that we have allowed this country to be sold out and before we loose it a major step has to be made to regain what we were built on. I believe Donald Trump has what it takes to get us back on track. He would have my vote for President.

February 22, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Lynnelle Harris

I would vote for you, hit the nail on the head regarding country. I don't know what happened and we need someone to stand up and run the country with a strong hand. I need to feel safe and secure that a person with common sense and business sense is running our country. Make us proud and respected again.

February 10, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Ann Wilson

A lifelong Democrat... I'll vote for Donald Trump. I slept better last night just thinking about Trump in charge.

February 10, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Laura

I too am a life long democrat. However Mr. Trump has my vote!! I am so tired of cable company employees being in countries where people do not speak English clearley!! Then they presume to know how I am feeling! Then I have to buy products that are made in China, and they fall apart. I have to say I am so happy to know someone out there hears me. Thanks Donald Trump!

February 18, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. C. Barr

Mr Morgan loved your interview last night with Mr Trump. He got my vote. My sister called me and said I had to see this interview, I am glad I did. Please run for President This country needs you.

February 10, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Nicole

I was so tough the other day on Piers Morgan's inteview of the Winklevoss twins. So I had to write in again and say "wow!!!" What an incredible interview of Donald Trump. Trump gets specific on U.S. and global business, whether you agree, disagree, and that's what made an outstanding interview from both Piers Morgan's side and Trump's side. Trump gets my vote to get into public office. Piers Morgan gets my vote to continue as a business leader in news/entertainment journalism.

February 10, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Sharon

Piers, you are a refreshing addition to CNN and TV in general! I love your hard hitting direct questions and interview style no matter who your guest happens to be. Loved your interview with Donald Trump. I would vote for him – we need someone who is not afraid to tell it like it is and get something done.

February 10, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Mark

Man,was I floored!!! I'm a true non-party player when it comes to voting. I vote who i believe will be the best,NOT THE PARTY, and i don't vote for who is the winner!!! I WANT CHANGE,and Donald just may be the best there is. Government interests are business interests and we are in the toilet and have been a giveaway country for years. You never show your cards to the other players and play to win. I want that in a President and we'll have to fight our way back to get this done.We should just go bankrupt on all the countries we owe money too and tell them sorry but we're looking after our own now.

February 10, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Nimisha Mahuvakar

Mr Morgan, EXCELLENT questions!
    Dear Mr. Trump, I am so proud of you for standing up for America. I so agree with your opinions. It takes a man to stand for what is right and take what ever it takes. Never thought I will – but have to say – I love your views!!!!

February 10, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Richard Friedman

I agree with Sarah Palin when she calls Rick Santorum a "nuckle-dragging Neanderthal," because it takes one to know one.

February 10, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Dawn Sheridan Slinsky

I thought your interview with Donald Trump was highly entertaining. You are smart, savvy, a brilliant interviewer. Donald is smart, business savvy, but more than a little bit crazy. There were moments I nodded my head in agreement with him, usually followed by moments when I near bust a gut laughing. I can see Mr. Trump in an advisory position within an administration but as the leader of the free world....not so much.

February 10, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • yuvraj

i agree wit u....

March 1, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • neets

waitaminute, waitaminute...how old are you? "leader of the free world...notsomuch"? Do you remember George W. Bush? Do you know that he and his brother Jeb personally smuggled cocaine into this country? Ask a CIA or more specifically FBI office and they won't tell you anything but they will know what you are talking about. Take it from a drunk big-mouth FBI agent that just talks too much. I wish I could remember his name.

April 13, 2011 at 2:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. observer

First, I like to congratulate Piers on his show. He is doing a fantastic job. Mr. Trump did not sound like a leader to me when he use the word enemy towards the chinese again and again.

February 10, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Gust Avacado

One thing is for sure. Donald will make sure his friends on Wall Street are well taken care of. All of these pretenders can talk the talk – how many can walk the walk?

February 10, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. judy

Finally an interviewee who stands up to the interviewer!!! Or, maybe better said, the TEACHER playing his former STUDENT like a fiddle!! Great answer on Chinese trade policy Mr. Trump. I couldn't help thinking right on to all of your responses. Please do the country a favor and RUN!!!

February 10, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. hatesycophants

You must be the last people on earth watching CNN? Donald Trump? 3 times bankrupt Donald Trump? The most recent bankruptcy less than 18 months ago Donald Trump? Yep, that's the kind of business leadership we need in the most powerful position in the world.

What planet are you people living on?

February 10, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Z-lady

Arrogant humanoids,like the Palins, Trumps,Santorums-are destroying America and rest of the world...

February 10, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Becca

I disagree; Get intouch with reality Z Lady, we need to get back to BASICS on how and what this country was founded on and if it means cleaning house in (laughable Washington DC), I believe Mr. Trump is just the man for the job. He needs to go in there and bring back Morality and quite frankly spread around the "YOUR FIRED" in Washington.

February 15, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Sarah

I hope Mr. Trump runs. I watched the news coverage all day today on CNN and FOX. It was obvious more than one Politician was impressed with what he said and tried to own it. Love your show. I don't mean to sound rude, but ,I didn't think I'd care for you after seeing you on your talent show in England... I was wrong- just love your show. look forword to it every night.

February 12, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. David Nicoll

David
    As a Brit to a Brit I was last night embarrassed because you kept asking about Omar Sleiman and did not appear to know that he was history and that the army had taken over in Egypt. You appeared to be out of touch with what had happened! I was surprised nobody corrected you and saved you from yourself.

February 12, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. binay

Mr. Trump.... I have a rather serious stance on your outlook on developing countries and third world contries. I know that US economy is in a turmoil and will take longer to recover with China happening... not to forget the cost of operations in Af-pak and Iraq and probably Egypt and host of other nations in the Africa and Middle east. Mistakes commited by leadership in the USA cannot be justified by economically down sizing spend with the developing and third world countires. US economy is well greased up for now due to outsourcing and products manufactured in China. Why can't we have peace on this planet and then shift the dirty manufacturing and tedious outsourcing jobs to have a healthy and resourcefull and definately a greener America? please consider this statement as USA is highest consumer of oil and electricity the country needs to live smartly so that our resources last long. We just have one planet to share Mr Trump and nothing justifies it if rich remain rich and poor die due to hunger. Rather than a charity outsourcing helps... isn't it?

February 14, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • kevin

it is no longer sustainable

February 18, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • neets

That would be great but you have to stop voting in the ones rich people place in your face to vote for. Do you really think it is by chance that they rise in the polls. Its not the candidates that are being groomed it is the voter. Green technology, once in place, will be regulated too where we cannot get it at low cost or free. IT JUST WON"T HAPPEN. *revolution 2112*

April 13, 2011 at 2:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. MLive

After view the interview with Trump, started the social media push. Cast your vote now! Become a fan of Trump for President on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trump-for-President/181271388576773

February 14, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Darnie Brasco

I must confess I found this interview very entertaining. However, Mr Trump has a colonialist mentality. He advocates advancing the US at the expense of other nationalities. Saudi Arabia has the right to a state of the art airport, after all she is endowed with valuable resources.

America has had a history of helping other nations in terms of independence, technological advancement, health etc. These have been the values for which great respect has been accorded her. Antagonizing and oppressing China and third world countries will lead to war and terrorism.

Please Mr Trump your hard hitting style could be relevant in business but not diplomatic relations. A suitable position in Government can be sought for you but certainly not the Oval office.

February 15, 2011 at 6:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Susan

Trump was not advocating the advancement at the expense of other nations. Rather he was rightfully bashing our own country for helping out other countries and then CONTINUING to do so with our help when they no longer truly needed it. It's not that Saudi has a fancy airport, it's that we don't because we're too busy helping everyone else but ourselves. And it's not about an airport. It's about not protecting ourselves in the process of helping others.

February 22, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • neets

Tell me if this makes any sense. I'm still scratching my head at this one. Homeless go without eating. Elderly go without needed medicines. Mentally ill go without treatment. Troops go without proper equipment. Veterans go without benefits they were promised. Yet we donate billions to other countrys before helping our own first. Have the guts to re-post this. 1% will re-post and 99% won't!

April 13, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  21. Will

Donald Trump had asked in this episode that "if the U.S. is protecting South Korea from North Korea then why isn't South Korea paying the U.S. for this protection?". Strong point given South Korea's very respectable economy.

However, where would the money go? Does this statement have an "imperialist police state" vibe to it?

February 15, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. vesna

Piers PLEASE do not fall into that American live audience hoopla. There are enough shows already pandering to this style of self gratification. Give the tv watching audience a refreshing relief and be confident that you and the subject can keep our interest without the frustration of waiting for the exaggerated applause to die down. I like your show

February 16, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. kunle

Yeah! Americans needs a tough business man like Trump so as to take it to the former glory. Enough of petty politics. Mr Trump you have my vote.

February 16, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Anthony Peterson

For Donald.....What assurances does I or the Amer public hav that ur appointments r not really ur biz interests or attempts to further ur biz interest, as w/ the disputed positions held by Rumfield of Blackwater?

February 18, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. francoise lozach

Mr Trump you would get my vote , I hope you will run , we need a strong business man and a fighter, to get this great country back on track.

February 18, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Jaine

The world has changed! The world is changing! We do not need backward thinking old men running further into the ground! Backwards thinking men have already done that! I hate to say it but how can you call China to the table when they own the table? The US has been sold out from under it's people and unfortunately we weren't looking or paying attention when it happened. We relied on those backward thinking old men to take care of our country!

February 18, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. BooBoo

I will vote for Obama over Romney but I would vote for Trump over all.

February 18, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Jan Bonner

Can someone please tell Mr. Morgan to STOP interrupting?

February 18, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Bill Dallala

Due to economic globalization, we Canadians and American are pushed to close manufacturing facilities and thousands of permanent jobs are lost every month. I suggest a simple and very powerful solution. Standardized the minimum wage of all workers around the planet. If all countries agree not to import from any country that will not respect this minimum wage , this country will face export blockage around the world. This will rebalanced the gap between rich and poor. This will repatriate our lost factories. This will eliminate all trade balance problems. If we continue to neglect the migration of our factories, one day we will not have money to buy even cheap Chinese products

February 18, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Dorothy

Watched tonight and I would like to thank Mr Trump for putting things in laymans terms, he did not do any double talking or go around in circles. Thanks for being streight forward with the American public. Yes I would vote for you.

February 18, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Azuka Onyeka

i almost agree with his words about china business manipulations ,but let stop for awhile i wanna know how his social life like.

February 18, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. beck

I really like what I am hearing from Mr Trump; perhaps this country does need a business mind to straighten out the problems. But I do not like Mr. Morgan repeatedly interrupting Mr. Trump's answers. This is the first time I have watched the program and it maybe the last if that is his interviewing style.

February 18, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Donna Wright

Piers, we have smart people who know how to deal with foreign policy, like Trump or Buffet. Is it ego, or stupidity, that makes our elected officials blow off their years of knowledge?

February 19, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. miles

Not a fan of Donald Trump – his rhetoric and bullying style words are exactly what the world doesn't need. Successful business man or not this is not the person for the White House. I wonder how the Chinese who live in America and call it home feel about your comments tonight. Fan the flames of a new war or temper the rhetoric and hunker down America and get excited about the future. Not a fan of the live audience Piers – don't go there please please please.

February 19, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Susan

Trump doesn't need to worry about what the Chinese here think of his comments. Nor should he. Perpetual political correctness is the foundation for double talk and lies. If the Chinese who are here are Americans, they should see Trump's comments for what they were – frustration and aggravation with China's policies (not its people). And, frankly, Chinese Americans should be frustrated and aggravated as any other American. If the Chinese who are here are not Americans, then frankly, their concerns are of little impact to me or a person who is trying to make THIS country better. Time to be strong, make a stand and say what you mean and time to forego to "niceties" of political correctness.

February 22, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • neets

Chinese ppl living here that are eligible to vote are Americans, moron. Their ancestors and those that have been naturalized are here for a very good reason because of their home country. My ancestoral country is Mexico and I can't stand them. i think they are cowards for not standing up to their corruption. So the the meek and the cowards escape over here.

April 13, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Melissa

Doesn't China already own us? Do we not owe them more $ than we could ever repay? If we tax them wouldn't they laugh at us? Would it not cause WW3? I like they idea of playing hard ball, but I think we have to come up with a new revolution!!!!!!!!!! Be the best of the best! America! Trump could possible get my vote, I would have to hear more. Love Pierce Morgan show..

February 19, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Richard

I like approach mr.trumph to many problems,but seems to me that only succesful person is that who can make money,doesn't matter how,of course that manies are most important in todays world but often they are huge problems for people if they have to much,it look like old cesars formula, give people contests and bread and they will be happy, still actual today,but times are changing,todays people wants more then bread,some modern goods,many contests are on tv,mostly stupid,and many tv show are rare interesting,but people like contest and shows,like in ancient rome they like gladiators games,which turn off their attention from more serious problems.In todays economical revolution in arabs world we see that cesars formula is actual.

February 19, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jim Hagan

I like the Idea of an import duty but tie it to that countries median income (including benefits) as that countries median income and benifits increase our import duties would decrease proportionally. That is balanceing the playing field.

February 19, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Monika

Donald is a shrewd businessman, but when it comes to politics, he is not that smart. Otherwise, he would realize that the US presence in other countries has nothing to do with "protection", but everything with OCCUPATION and spreading its INFLUENCE. Still, I think he would make a better president than Bush or Obama.

February 19, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • neets

whay is your idea of politics? the textbook definition or the real one... deal making and spending money to benefit the rich?

April 13, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Debbie

Please RUN for president Mr. Trump , the country needs you !!!!!!!!!!! you`ve got more knowledge about the world than just about everyone in the goverment put together, and you are about the only one that cares about OUR COUNTRY !!! again "OUR COUNTRY" Let`s get it back !! you have my vote

February 19, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Arnon Tamiri

Mr. Trump – As President, will you abandon Israel as Obama abandoned President Mubarac ?

February 19, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Billy

hopefully.

February 19, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Gleici

myabigail100 on September 25, 2011 did u pay the tax for those each of ur suave puodrcts ??????????????could u tell me what suave product these are? whether hair spray or shampoo or body wash???did u buy theses all 3 suave puodrcts in a single target shop itself while checkout???didnt they say anything? ?? because 2 free puodrcts per person know!! but u bought 3 suave puodrcts .how?

March 4, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mark

I am impressed with Mr. Trumps understanding of the economic mess we are in. We are getting ripped off with so called trade deals. I like the idea of some sort of Tarriff so that we have a chance to compete. We have lost MILLIONS of jobs so we can have "free" trade. Mr. Trump has a great idea to put some of his own people in charge of negotiating with China and other countries on different issues that affect our country. We are 14 TRILLION in debt. It looks like its time for a a person for President who really understands business and will play some hardball to help get our economy going again.

February 19, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Rashid Hassan

Mr. Donald Trump would certainlly make an interesting political figure but after watching your show tonight am skeptical of his international relations skills calling a nation whose relations with the united states is at an all time low "enemies" does sound that sensible in terms of restructuring better raltions in terms of trade. Currently both nations have been increasing competing in armament and going to war would take its toll on the already weak US economy. On the other hand he is a firm courageous and a skilled negotiator maybe the US economy would fair so bad if he was president.

February 19, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Aarti

djmaster69 on October 24, 2011 I just got my iPad 2 and I am lltatoy blown away. My MacBook pro is sitting in the corner and I haven not missed a beat Glad I haven not bought it and got it For FREE, my cousin received his ipad 2 for free too lol. The web address, if I remember correctly, was: freeipad2giveaways.info

March 3, 2012 at 1:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Rashid Hassan

Mr. Donald Trump would certainlly make an interesting political figure but after watching your show tonight am skeptical of his international relations skills calling a nation whose relations with the united states is at an all time low "enemies" does sound that sensible in terms of restructuring better raltions in terms of trade. Currently both nations have been increasing competing in armament and going to war would take its toll on the already weak US economy. On the other hand he is a firm courageous and a skilled negotiator maybe the US economy wouldn't fair so bad if he was president and would have recovered much quiker.

February 19, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Toni

I am so blown away by Trump right now. I was a big supporter of Obama but since he's been elected I've been unemployed for over a year and I have a business degree from a prestigious university. Everything Trump is saying totally makes sense. He's brilliant. If his people are reading this please let me know how I can volunteer here in L.A. for his campaign.

February 19, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Bill

Some of the people who wrote their opionions should get a life.....can anyone remember a president who as a successful businessman? How about MC......more are lawyers who cannot get their heads out of the clouds and up their asses to pass laws that benefit the people ie....extension of the Patriot Act. I have said for years that if this country were fun like a business it would be profitable.......but at the present time the Chinese are profiting from us. By the way Donald Trump was not bankrupt, in each instance it was a corporation in which his name was affixed thereto....he did, however, have controlling interest. He could have bailed them out.....but being as asute as he is wasn't about to send good money, as we saw in the US, after bad. The WW2 was won by the Allied Nations.....but who is beating us now? We are not at the top of the heap. A problem that does exist here is the lack of nationalism.....US people are too fat and complacent .... we're ripe for a revolution here just as is happening elsewhere in the world.

February 19, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. reality bites

Wow! What a response to a guy who wanted Hu Jinatao to be sent to eat at MacDonalds. The guy sounded like a caveman with no finesse.

February 20, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Ronald

Seriously you people would vote for this man who has at least twice led his companies into bankruptcy? When he declares his companies bankrupt who do you think is left holding the bag? His creditors/banks who passed the nearly billion dollars of his debt along to us in terms of higher costs and interest rates. And if he is considering running for president, then why not as a Democrat? He told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in 2004. “It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans."

March 20, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. angela ajwang

i am so disappointed in this man

April 7, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  48. neets

what? And Bush ISNT a murderous leader? Bush SHOULDN'T be tried for war crimes? Damn you decietful leaders!

April 11, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. neets

Tell me if this makes any sense. I'm still scratching my head at this one. Homeless go without eating. Elderly go without needed medicines. Mentally ill go without treatment. Troops go without proper equipment. Veterans go without benefits they were promised. Yet we donate billions to other countrys before helping our own first. And for those who think Donald Trump isn't qualified to be a president, then tell me...TELL me... who IS qualified. All I know is that I live in the United Corporated Prison Complex of America.

April 13, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  50. neets

Oh, then I guess you would rather have a traditional leader like what we already have. Most of our leaders were or are LAWYERS. These are the same ppl that run our politics, that write our policies... our laws. Have you ever been in a courtroom. You get a real good sense of our justice system and it isnt good at all. 20% percent is justice but the rest is someones way of showing that he has the qualifications to run for higher office by his conviction rate.

April 13, 2011 at 2:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  51. neets

Look, I am tired of reading and writing here. It just raises my blood pressure. To those of you whom agree with me that Mr. Trump should run...I enjoyed your conversation. Maybe he isnt the right man...but, just maybe he is. Who can say? But for you MORONS that disagree and would rather revert to your beloved leaders current or past to sell you out as well as the future for your kids, then now I know who voted these ppl in office. I voted for Obama too because I THOUGHT it would bring CHANGE. But it was the same 'ol song and dance. But... to sit at your pc and write crap and not give this guy a chance because he doesnt fit your cracked mold of a politician is just F*&ked up. He is different. Change a little. He isnt a lawyer and he doesn't need money and he is bored. Maybe he wants to get out and kick ass and stake claims for his country. We don't need a carbon copy of a politician like we have been getting. Maybe his threat for office is what we need to shake things up. One thing is for sure, and if you don't realize it you BETTER wake UP...this country isnt yours anymore if it ever was. Its an illusion. The rich need a working class to keep things fluid but it belongs to them. Even if you make a million dollars a year you are part of a serfdom. All countries present and past since the beginning of civilization the rich needed a working class... so wake up and smell the coffee. Look, those ppl who work for the government don't even realize they are part of the serfdom system. Its not a large government conspiracy...just a small rich one. I'm out.

April 13, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Love America it's all we have

False Statement that hinders or slanders is punishable by law is it not ?
    Why is Trump given air time by CNN? Trump is nothing more than a hot air trumping his horn again, there is nothing morally right about this man. Does Trump pay the media each time he comes on air ?

Americans need to wake up we are falling behind ...... China will be catching up in 9 more years we will rank with India and the tea baggers can sip Indian tea with out jobs and Sarah Pailen will get her final laugh gottaya !

April 28, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  53. Nancy

Nothing about Trump is Presidential he needs to get of his pompous ......
    Trump and Pailen should run for office along with the burning pastor with his flock of 50 from Florida what ever his name is.
    We in America need to laugh out loud more often.

April 28, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Nana

Those who missed more on Trump http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv4MzaGk2VI&NR=1

Trumper get your self a life and try keeping your mouth shut or comedy central will shut it for you. Did you get drunk when they Fired you? Some think Piers has a hard time doing.

May 7, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. Please love America it's all we have.

Donal Trump is in desperate need of an Physiatric Evaluation, this man needs help right away. He is manic depressed.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCKDTwu_g2M

May 7, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. Red White & Blue

Trump is mentally not balanced just ask any of his staff?
    Moron always think they can out smart others but Fox did him in and took all his cash and left him to roast and did get Roasted !!! He got burnt crisp and now or can not run for the White House or show his orange face and red neck in DC ever!

May 16, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply