Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 14th, 2011

Donny Deutsch green room interview: Are "Piers Morgan Tonight" promos hype or fact?

Following his interview with Piers Morgan last week (airing tonight, 9pmET/PT), we talked to Donny Deutsch of Bravo's new "Love Calling" in the green room. The "love guru" put on his advertising exec hat to critique all the "Piers Morgan Tonight" promos that aired in the run-up to the show's launch. "It's honest, it's real. Great advertising is truthful and authentic," said Deutsch after watching the promo. "The worst advertising in the world is something that's not truthful."

As for the interview, Deutsch noted how much Piers focused on money, power...and his apartment. "Complete jealousy," he said. "He was bitter, he was angry, but he came clean about it." Check out Deutsch and the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" on tonight's Valentine's Day show.

Post by:
Filed under: Green Room
  1. Charles Mossop

I thionk some of the promos must be hype. There were several spots announcing an interview with Colin Firth which was displaced by the crisis in Egypt. However, once that news item died down, there has been no further mention of Colin Firth.There have been repeats of interviews (e.g. Anthony Hopkins), so what happened to Colin?

February 14, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Steve Krakauer, Digital Producer

The Colin Firth episode is tentatively scheduled for this Thursday.

February 14, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fran

Will not believe it until I see it, Mr Krakauer. So tired of hearing Mr. Firth will be on and then not......4 times now! Still only tentative! Will not be watching much if at all. He might have a good show, but I have had enough of being lied to.

February 14, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Z-lady

LOL, this houswives are so phony, they don't know what love is...they are in their marriages because of money and prestige...can't picture none of them, living with a men who's poor.

February 14, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. B. Kelly

Fun topic tonight. Thanks Piers for the interesting mix tonight (Donny Deutsch plus the ATL Housewives). I didn't think I'd want to watch this combination, but I stayed for the whole hour. Better than the usual suspects.

February 14, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. gma retz

"Donny" and NeNe on love and marriage? They both have the credibility and charm of a carnival barker!

February 14, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Ginny

I was floored by Donny's technique when interviewing Donald Trump – some years ago. NEVER have I seen Trump in a more relaxed and candid interview. As I watch tonite, I can't help but correlate Donny's [nature or nurture] collaborative approach. And naturally, would work well with women who also naturally collaborate to arrive to solutions. As for romance and whether or not men are, there ARE exceptions. My husband. I NEVER thought I'd fall for a romantic man because I thought it was a completely superficial and contrived motive. However, my husband takes great pleasure in being romantic through flowers, cards, and chocolates. He's ALL guy, in fact a contractor working in the ME. I have often found myself wondering, is it the military that taught him this technique of romance? After all, with high rates of divorce due largely to distance relationships, they would be a major stakeholder in the effort.
    Hoping romance makes it into your life with substance.
    Ginny