Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 14th, 2011

Donny Deutsch: "Just because a marriage doesn't last forever doesn't mean it's a failure"

Tonight's "Piers Morgan Tonight" is our Valentine's Day edition – featuring "love guru" Donny Deutsch (host of Bravo's new "Love Calling") and "Real Housewives of Atlanta" stars NeNe Leakes, Kandi Burruss and Phaedra Parks.

The wide-ranging conversation is at times funny, at times serious, and includes several viewer phone calls (answered by all four guests). In this preview clip, Deutsch talks to Piers Morgan about marriage. Says Deutsch:

"I was married to two great women. I think people get married at different stages of their life," said Deutsch. "Just because a marriage doesn't last forever doesn't mean it's a failure."

Deutsch had further advice: "Worst choice – two miserable parents staying together for the kids. That's bad for everybody."

Check out the full interview tonight at 9pmET/PT – including this jaw-dropping comment from NeNe.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Ushana

Already I'm annoyed by this interview. 1 – Another man has been successful at giving women advice: Steve Harvey has 2 NY Times Bestsellers on relationships. You're doing what he did several years ago, Donny. Sorry.
    2 – So far, you don't sound like you have a clue what you're talking about: "Do women really want their men to be romantic?" Pls.

February 14, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Mummi

Donny Deutsch is so full of himself. I cannot stand the guy, he is so plastic!

February 14, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Gordon Bacon

I don't believe I've ever heard someone talk so fast and say so little

February 14, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Bridget

I lasted 3 minutes.. that's 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back. And I agree... would have much preferred the Colin Firth interview as well!

February 14, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Penelope Bointon

I just tuned in...who is this man? Where does PM get these people?

February 14, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Sam

I like him fine - but Donny has so little maturity on the subject of relationships and marriage. I'm embarrassed for him. He sounds like he's in the eighth grade.

February 14, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Michael

This X 100. Unwatchable.

February 14, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. enrique

I have read a few blogs about Piers Morgan over the weekend, following the Winklevoss interview. People were, just as I was, getting quite irritated by the fact that he was constantly interrupting his guess… Not just the Winklevoss brothers, but all of them.

Someone, somewhere must have told him something. Although I find tonight’s episode quite boring, I haven’t yet been irritated by his interruptions. If he stays on that track, he me redeem himself. I hope he does… I don’t mind him otherwise.

February 14, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. enrique

That being said... the topic is just too boring for me to handle... I'll try him again tomorrow...

February 14, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Sandra

I am thinking "A day with Donnie D" ( one on one) would be insightful for the recipient AND useful for his continued insight/research for the "Love Guru" show knowledge.

February 14, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Linda

Donny Deutsch . . . God, get over yourself! ! ! !

February 14, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Christine Aspen

Last thing women need is to take advice from a millionaire gigolo like Donny. Where did they did this guy up from anyway?

February 14, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Z-lady

Stupid show-stupid guests, they look and sound phony,and they will never find a love.

February 14, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. margaret korcz

Donny the Dunce! He honestly believes he is the MAN and was flirting with the housewives at the interview . He radiates PHONEY

February 14, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Kasim

Both couples in a marriage should be patiant to each other to pass through the different causes of the disagreement. The wife should be ready to please her man anytime he desires.

February 15, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Jennifer

@Kasim – what century are you living in?? The wife should what?? You are truly tripping.

February 16, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply