Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 14th, 2011

Janet Jackson preview: What happened when she tried to call her father "dad"

Janet Jackson's revealing, rare sit-down with Piers Morgan airs tomorrow night (9pmET/PT). Above is a preview of a few parts of the conversation. Jackson spoke about her father. "One time I tried to call him dad," she told Piers. "He said no. He said no, I'm Joseph, you call me Joseph. I'm Joseph to you."

Hear what Janet has to say about her brother, Michael Jackson as well.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Phil Reinheimer

When are you going to stop inteerviewing the Bozo Brothers and ninnies like Janet Jackson and broadcase The King's Speech interview? Tire of having you put this off...please don't be insignificant like Larry King!

February 14, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dioner

A single mainrti is a risk to your credibility, a pitcher of them, on the other hand, will establish it. I am impressed with that argument, and am persuaded. Martini's, by the pitcher, are manly. And, by that logic, a pitcher of cosmopolitans are manly, too.I am much relieved. I like mainrti's and cosmos. Hell, I like Harvey Wallbangers.However, when I visit y'all, I plan on drinking beer just to be safe.

May 20, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Ex-Piers Viewer

I agree with the other posters, if THE KINGS SPEECH/COLIN FIRTH interview does not air this week without exception, than there will be one less viewer of this show. Aside from Ricky Gervais, I've been very underwhelmed with the guests so far. (Yes, I'm American) I don't find the Kardashian sisters interesting. Donald Trump was just you, kissing ass for "The Apprentice." If I want to see those people, I can watch them on their reality shows. How about some guests with substance, like episode you've got in the can; The King's Speech?

February 14, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Khai

you should gain no more than 40 lbs. the whole 40 weeks so prtety much 1 lb a week! you also gain most of your weight at the last month so be careful or you will end up like i was i started at 140 lbs and the day i had my son i was 221 lbs. i lost 2 lbs the last month so i got to 223! and now hes 11 months (almost) and i still have 16 lbs to lose! not good! good luck!

May 20, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Joy

She has always been such a lady, and soft spoken. I really admire this lady, she is a pillar of stregnth. I can't wait to read her book.

February 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Martin

Well Jennifer, I happen to care about Janet, just because you only seem to care about Colin Firth does not mean others don't care about the Janet Jackson interview or others for that matter. I love Janet Jackson and I look forward to this. King's Speech too, I love the film, but I love Janet too.

February 14, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Rock With You Horsegirl

It's never right for a father to not allow his own children to call him "Dad". What's wrong with Joe?

February 15, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Shaunice

im excited to see this : ) & for the Ex-Piers viewer, im pretty sure it wont be a big deal if you stopped watching him.. you're one person out of many other people that watch him soo go if you feel the need to complain : )

February 15, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. another ex-viewer

Shaunice, it may not be a big deal to lose one viewer, but viewers are leaving in droves. Read the other comment boards, which have had many posts in the past few days (although the posts keep disappearing) Over one interview, this show is losing many viewers. CNN won't even tell us when the interview will air. They have cancelled it 4 times already to cover Egypt. Then they have interviews that no one cares about. Ok, maybe Janet Jackson was well received, but the Facebook twins? Donnie Deutsch? who cares? There are many of us who want to see the King's Speech interviews. CNN, your ratings are only getting worse, better get with the program.

February 16, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Pronnapa

I moved my television over a month ago while ilsnanlitg new flooring, and haven't plugged it back in yet. I can't say that I miss it.I agree that it will be interesting to see what happens when the gravy train for blacks ends. I often come across the claim that whites are on welfare in higher numbers than blacks, but blacks receive welfare at a higher percentage. I'd be curious to see how those stats are compiled, and if the claims are true. Maybe I've just never been around welfare whites, but I don't see anything like the welfare culture that exists among blacks in the white community. Sure there are some whites who are parasites or game the system, but I don't see large segments of major cities consisting of whites whose every need is met by the government for 1 generation, let alone for 2, 3 or 4 generations. I can see the claims being true if the benefits are limited to WIC, but when all forms of aid are figured in, I would imagine that blacks are much larger burden. I'd even consider affirmative action in education and employment a form of welfare.And when you throw in immigrants legal and illegal, there is no way that whites are the largest group of recipients. I'd really like to know what the breakdown is for the average cost per person on welfare by group. That would probably interesting if all forms of welfare were included.

May 21, 2012 at 1:16 am | Report abuse | Reply