Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 18th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Colin Firth on marriage; Helena Bonham Carter on the Queen

On last night's "Piers Morgan Tonight", Piers Morgan interviewed the award-winning cast of "The King's Speech." Colin Firth talked about how he's been able to avoid Hollywood temptations and remain married for so long.

Helena Bonham Carter and Piers discussed meeting the Queen. Check out the video below:

-–
Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. rob morton

Please stop cutting off your guests answers. Very rude and annoying. The only exception was with Janet Jackson. This comment is meant to be constructive. I am a fan.
    Rob Morton

February 18, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Victoria Miller

Was very glad to see this show air, finally, and it was well worth the anticipation. Enjoyed seeing the entire cast, and thought Helena Bonham-Carter delightful. She is a wonderful actress and did an outstanding job with the Queen Mother. I was delighted to see her win the BAFTA gong for Best Supporting Actress. Fun to see her with Firth and Rush. Altogether a delightful show. Hope to see more like this. Well done, Morgan!

February 18, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. sharonlee

Piers is the most annoying host I've ever seen. He talks over everyone he interviews. He never lets anyone finish speaking. I'm an advid CNN viewer, in fact it's the only channel I watch and this guy is really getting on my nerves. He also needs to come up with some new questions to ask guest. It's the same thing over and over. Not a good move hiring this guy.

February 18, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • walkingwithblue

I totally agree that Piers Morgan is not the man for this job. He is too self conscious, and pulls himself into the interview too much. It is about the guest, NOT the interviewer. Why on earth wasn't someone of the calibre of Charlie Rose not chosen to fill Larry King's large and luminous shoes?

February 20, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. angela

Having waited so long I found the interview very disappointing. Piers asked such inane low brow questions. He had three amazing actors on. It could have been so good but he wasted their time and ours. Geoffrey Rush looked as though he was squirming by the end of it. Why on earth get on to Susan Boyle – it was not about you Piers?

February 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Phil

Right on, Angela...He could have left Geoffrey sleep in to avoid some of this drivel!

February 18, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Cathy

This interview was interesting and good fun. I liked seeing the camradarie between the actors and felt like a got a glimpse into their personalities; they seemed sincere. And that includes Piers. I thought it was nice what he said about Susan Boyle.

February 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Erika

I got that feedback from a negotiations/settlement teacher in college – that I was cutting people off. Soooo humiliating! Had NO idea I was doing it. Kind of a hard habit to break when you don't even realize you're doing it until people point it out after the fact. And even after I got that feedback, my poor negotiations partner had to keep reminding me that I was doing it ... again!

Maybe Piers is just a little anxious about wanting to do well – I don't get the sense that it stems from insensitivity the way Bill O'Reilly's does.

February 18, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Jean

I 'm glad this interview was finally on as I love Colin Firth. I quite like Piers and his style, but perhaps that's because I'm originally a Brit and I like the British interview style. He does cut people off too much but hopefully he will learn. He's a huge improvement on Larry King.

February 18, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Fan Numero Uno

I find Piers Morgan refreshing, witty, charming and attractive. I sat there watching last night's interview with the cast of "The King's Speech", salivating over Firth and Morgan. Okay, so I have an immature crush on Morgan, so what? I love his interview style and wish more Americans weren't so dumb to the Brit sense of humor and sensibility. I'm an American and sometimes think a lot of viewers probably just don't get it. He's the best thing to hit CNN. Bravo Piers! Keep up the great work and please have Susan Boyle on your show!

February 18, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Joyce

Let's hope TKS cast interview will air again and YES, it would be stupendous to see Colin Firth on again after the Oscars. He is without a doubt the classiest actor alive today. Piers did ask some nonsensical questions but Colin got around those quite well.. He exudes integrity.. Maybe some of that will rub off on American actors.. We can only hope.

February 18, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Pat

All respect to Mr. Trump but it appears to easy to be critical from the outside looking in. We had 8 horrific years under President Bush yet it appears that President Obama is catching all the flack. We need to remember but also concentrate on pulling out of this mess. Mr. Trump is a very very successful business man and maybe just maybe he should find a way to have some positive input because the criticism just won't get the job done. We are getting enough of the bashing and infighting going on in Congress.

February 18, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Catherine McBrien

I think Piers Morgan is an outstanding interviewer. Unlike others, I do not notice him cutting off his guests, but I'll have to pay more attention to that. IMO he is a superb addition to CNN; his talent vastly exceeds that of Larry King whom I stopped watching.

Helena Carter, IMHO, acted like an incredibly spoiled, bored diva during the interview and seemed to have found it nearly impossible to say anything nice about anybody, including her cast members. Colin Firth is incredibly classy and I perceived him as cringeing at Carter's supercilious demeanor. Piers also impressed me with his sincere and heartfelt admiration of Susan Boyle. We Americans love underdogs so it was lovely to see Piers embracing the best American virtues.

February 18, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • lynn

We must have watched different shows!! H.B. Carter was fun and said very charming and funny things about Colin and Jeffery which I'm sure they loved!! and laughed at..Colin Firth is I agree class personified!! and Jeffrey Rush is a real gem of a talent. To me the show was very interesting but could have been much greater had the interviewer been up to the quality of the guests!! Piers has a tabloid background, he seems to constantly try and put words into the guests mouths and get a "headline" And though I like Susan Boyle piers has to get off talking about himself so much!! Anyway...glad the interview was shown at last....Don't mean to be too critical I am sure Piers will settle in!!

February 19, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Catharine

Cringing at her comments? Actually what I saw him doing was laughing. I think she's incredibly funny and far from being a spoiled diva she comes across to me as being an exceedingly human and unaffected person. I think she'd be great fun to hang out with.

February 23, 2011 at 7:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Linda

I was so happy to finally see this interview as I like all the cast members. Hopefully in the future the schedule won't get disrupted quite so much as it has been. Keep up the good work.

February 19, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Tracey

Piers needs to get to a mystic tan stat!! He looks pale and unhealthy. Especially when sitting next to Mr.Trump. Where's the make up artist? Get the man sone bronzer... Otherwise great show. Piers asks great questions!

February 19, 2011 at 3:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Martha

You have a good show. Current, diverse and entertaining. You seem more comfortable since your opening night jitters (and giggles). But please let us hear what your guests are saying. When you step on their words, we cannot hear what either one of you is saying. And I so wanted to hear every word spoken by Colin Firth.

February 19, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Diane

Piers I love the show. Snappy, interesting and if, as blogged above, you 'cut people off' it's to get it moving – I notice you get the answer eventually. By the way I find the show so much more interesting than the previous show Larry King. If you don't get high ratings KBO because it won't be anything to do with you!!!! Since you asked the Trumpet (Donald Trump) about world economics I'd like you to ask an equally successful woman the same thing in a one-hour show with a live audience; see what happens. Thanks.

February 19, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Jane

Missed this much anticipated interview & was so hoping you would re-run it tonight.....instead you ran the Kardashians??? Seriously?

February 20, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lynn

I agree!!! I was aware this interview took place before all the Egypt stuff took place...then I missed it Thursday night and was so disappointed!! I wish there were a way to find out if/when it will be aired again!!

February 20, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Larry Nash

Larry King was not a journalist – he was an entertainmeny gossip columnist! And Piers Morgan may turn out to be not a journalist either. The network doesn't want a journalist there. Hell, they hardly want journalists at all - vis, Nancy Grace and Glen Beck, et al. Nuff said. If they wanted a journalist they'd have recruited Anderson Cooper, or someone of his quality. It's bread and circuses all the way down to the ground! We get the journalism we deserve, until we demand something better. Just don't watch it if it's no good. Go for a walk with your family, and talk amongst youurselves about something that really matters. Peace!

February 20, 2011 at 3:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Alex Ramos

Divulguem esta realidade sobre o Brasil...

February 20, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Catharine

I'm completely impressed by Colin Firth as a person. He's genuine, funny and obviously not letting Hollywood get to him. I think it's fantastic that he remains devoted to his wife after 15 years. It's wonderful that he's still awe stuck by where this journey has taken him which suggests that he's taken nothing for granted. I hope we'll see lots more of him in the future.

February 23, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Carol Dawson

Thanks so much for the kind words about Susan Boyle. You are a gentleman.

February 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply