Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

Breaking: CNN's Piers Morgan interviews CNN legend Larry King... live this Wednesday
February 21st, 2011

"The new 9pm" Piers Morgan will interview the former 9pmET CNN host, Larry King, later this week as part of Hollywood Week on "Piers Morgan Tonight."

Says Piers: "'I can't think of many people I'd rather interview than Larry King, and I'm sure people will be fascinated by the dynamic between us, for obvious reasons."

King hosted "Larry King Live" for more than 25 years, before stepping down last year. The live interview comes in the wake of a much talked about King interview last week on London's Radio 4. Stay tuned for much more on this.

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. Sabelo

Let the legend talk to its subjects. Larry is the reason I studied Journalism. I'd like to know from him though, whether he has ever been intimidated by any of his high profile/powerful guests. If yes, who was it and how did he cope with the interview?

Sabelo – Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

February 21, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Carlos

Why haven't you mentioned at all that in 1986 Reagan bombed Gaddafi's home and killed his baby daughter. He might be committing genocide today, but bringing up only the Lokerbie victims and ignoring the killing of an innocent baby girl is unethical.

February 21, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bill

This is for Piers Morgan and CNN Top dogs! Piers you suck you are the worst Interviewer I have ever seen, Othe than the guy you replaced, he Is the worst. Wake up CNN why would you put this Idiot on, and put your loyal followers through such misery? you underestimate your viewers if you start putting people like Piers Morgan on people will leave in droves!!! my advice: Get Rid Of Him!! buy out his contract and cut your Losses!!!

February 23, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Ph.van Zwieteren

I very much enjoy the way Piers interview his guests.

February 21, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jennifer

Just maybe Larry will get the chance to tell Piers that if he wants to actually succeed in this new position he needs to ask his question then SHUT UP and LISTEN to what the guest has to saylIf Larry can't get thru to him then it's truly hopeless.

February 21, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Erik J C Young

Why are you involved with Cowell and Osbourne both former armed robbers see BBC crimewatch film footage

February 21, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. KiltedKrew

Where do I sign up for a newsletter Piersy baby! (lol) I need one badl;y, so as I don't miss you! I love the banter between you and "Shuggs!" :)

February 21, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. KiltedKrew

Piers, if Cheryl Cole is gonna be a judge on the US X Factor, God, she is gonna have to sort out her Geordie accent mate. I live in AZ and I am from Scotland andHAVE to speak slowly. They're not used to that accent over here. What do you think Piers?

February 21, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Diane

Piers remember the department store in London called John Lewis. Their motto was in the old days, 'never knowingly be oversold'!!! I think you were sold at just the right price, in fact, superb value for money. The last product was oversold and I'm glad CNN brought in a quality item made in England.... (PS to other bloggers, I hope you'll think this is fair given the enormous US media and movie presence in the UK – OK?)

February 21, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Luis

I am so bored with this Britt dude, all he ever does is interview boring people that no ones cares to hear from them. Why would we care what Colin Firth or Ricky Gervais has to say. PLEASE GET SOMEONE NEW OR BEG LARRY TO COME BACK. WE MISS LARRY DEARLY.

February 21, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Joe G. (Illinois)

First of all:
    In the very beginning, I once posted a comment on a Piers Morgan blog saying: “If Borak Obama had his way with America, he would make it a total Obama Nation.” But it did not pass Piers Morgan’s screening and never got posted. I wonder what would Larry King have done had he still been on the job.

And another thing:
    Piers Morgan looks a awful like that British BP CEO Tony Hayward. And they are still finding oil at the bottom of the sea.

February 21, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Linda

He will never replace the great interviewers. The latest was Colin Firth. He spent more time interrupting him getting his own take on things and this went on with Geof Rush. I almost wanted to through something at the T.V. ....cant you shut up. Then to have multiple screens with G Rush etc all again being interrupted multiple of times...Larry King please come back. The death of true interviewing ...is now forever gone.

February 21, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Berrahi

To : Piers Morgan You'r 2nd Anderson Cooper :) We Love You

February 21, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • S McCoy

No, he is nothing like Anderson.
      Anderson speaks very clearly, with compassion and intensity and lets others speak and you can tell he genuinely cares about the story and the people involved.
      Piers talks like its just a job.

March 23, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Rosi

Piers Morgan is SO BAD! Boy do I miss Larry. Will someone please tell Mr. Morgan you dont interrupt people when they are speaking. I dont watch CNN at 8pm anymore. MISS LARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 21, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Don Isert

I have been a constant history and political student all my life. I realize that the Libyian protest is important. However, is it not enough that CNN has 23 other hours a day to report on that and the news. Can we not have just one hour of enjoyment and a momentary distraction for the Rod Stewart interview with Piers Morgan? Is it going to be "Breaking News" 24 hours a day ad nauseam?

February 21, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Joanna

Yes, Don, CNN should go with news over mindless entertainment. The 9:00 pm hour has always been dedicated to current events and breaking news of the day, why should that be any different now that muckraker tabloid "journalist" Piers Morgan is the host? If you want a momentary distraction, turn to Joy Behar or Fox News.

February 21, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Gail

Piers, why are you calling the uprisings in the Middle East a "virus"?

February 21, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Erik Young

February 22, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Stupendous!

Piers! You'r doing a great job. Ignore the negs comments. They wish they were you!

Did I hear LK died of 'over-interviewism?"

February 22, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Jean

I like Piers and I think he is a great improvement on King who was passed it. I agree he interrupts a bit too much but I'm sure he will learn. Keep up the good work Piers.

February 22, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. L.E. Mental

Piers ignore the negs about interrupting, it keeps the show snappy and fast-paced otherwise the guests feel the need to keep speaking. If the bloggers think about it the reason they miss Larry is because it was slooooowwwww paced. 'Let's talk about something we all already know' type of thing. At least you push for new things. KBO Piers.

February 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Ross McConnell

I like Larry which will make for an interesting interview.

February 23, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. will howe

I've never seen such unbridled personal vanity on TV. It's all about Piers Morgan, not about the guest. Get rid of this pretty boy who's so totally in love with himself. I'm amazed CNN can't see this. It makes me miss Larry King who always put the spot light on his guests.

February 23, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Silly Fools

Piers, you are da bomb! We are loving ya. Old Larry King has had his day, or to be exact, all 9125 of them.

Sheesh, new host, new people, new guests, new stories, new questions, new answers, new everything. Keeping it real and raw with Piers Morgan. Awesome!

CNN, you ever get rid of this guy – and we go back to Fox News. End of...

February 26, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. S McCoy

Having Larry back as a guest will not make me any more interested to watch Piers. I think his show is aweful. CNN, what are you doing?

March 23, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. футболки, прикольные футболки, заказать футболку, интернет магазин футболок, купить футболки

Undeniably imagine that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be at the internet the simplest thing to take note of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed whilst folks think about concerns that they just don't recognize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and defined out the whole thing without having side effect , folks can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you

July 13, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Mark Hockey Tips

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you really know what you're talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also visit my website =). We may have a link trade agreement between us

December 23, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Mary

Hi, Neat post. There is an issue together with your site in internet explorer, may check this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a good element of other people will leave out your magnificent writing due to this problem.

December 23, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply