READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" will put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For March 1, 2011, winning and losing – Sheen and Libya.
• Pro-Gadhafi forces failed to take a rebel-held town yesterday: "Forces loyal to Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi tried to retake a town near the capital that is in opposition control but were repelled, an opposition leader in the town told CNN Tuesday." Meanwhile Moammer Gadhafi says Libya supports him: "Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi appeared Monday either to not know that demonstrators in cities throughout Libya are calling for an end to his rule or not accept it, according to excerpts from the interview, which a U.S. official described as 'delusional.'"
• Charlie Sheen appeared on "Piers Morgan Tonight" last night, and, well, a lot happened. Here's some of the CNN recap: "Capping a day of bombastic assertions and harsh accusations on the airwaves and internet, embattled actor Charlie Sheen lashed out Monday at addiction specialists and sitcom executives while proclaiming himself clean and focused thanks to an "epiphanous awakening." "I feel more alive, I feel more focused, I feel more energetic," Sheen told CNN's Piers Morgan. "I'm on a quest to claim absolute victory on every front."
• Jane Russell, movie legend, died yesterday: "The 1940s and '50s movie bombshell, whose name was synonymous with voluptuousness, died Monday morning at her home in Santa Maria, California, her family said. Jane Russell was 89. Daughter-in-law Etta Waterfield said that Russell was a "pillar of health" but caught a bad cold and died of respiratory difficulties."
• Here's an update from Wisconsin: "Facing a flood of red ink and embroiled in an effort to curb the collective bargaining rights of most public workers, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is scheduled to unveil his new state budget on Tuesday."
• Christine O'Donnell will not be dancing: "Christine O'Donnell, the surprise Republican Senate nominee in Delaware last year, has taken a pass on the opportunity to step back into the spotlight with an appearance on ABC's Dancing with the Stars." But here's who will be dancing.
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Power and Dementia have entered Charlie and Moammer's brains. Can we save either one??? Or are both a losted cause???
Shame on you Piers Morgan for enabling Charlie Sheen.
Disgusting interview with Sheen. Very creepy to enable a drug addict. Will not be watching show again:(
Piers comment "you appear quite normal and under control" is probably the worst statement by a ???? pr0fessional interviewer I have ever heard. I believe CNN should take a hard look at themselves.One of you own DR's who is about to get his own show made comments on the fact that Charlie is on the verge of suicide to try to build ratings on the back of an obiously "sick" person reaches new lows in CNN journalism. Shame on you
I agee with Camille Ballou and LInda honour to give intervies to charles sheen is disgusting and poor excample for the young people that it is ok to do drugs and alcohol and if yo have money you can get away with it
Charlie Sheen's publicist quit, clearly because he's not a bi-winner. Nor does he have tiger blood running through his veins. Read the full story @imeanwhat http://bit.ly/h2ERGj
Notify me of new comments via email.