Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 1st, 2011

The scene at CNN when Charlie Sheen arrived for his "Piers Morgan Tonight" interview

With less than 10 minutes to go before "Piers Morgan Tonight" went live on the air, Charlie Sheen still had not arrived at the CNN LA bureau last night (here's some backstory). But his car pulled up, out came his friend Tony Todd and assistants Rick Calamaro and Stacey, and just a few minutes later he was on the air talking to Piers Morgan.

Check out the scene when Sheen arrived, including Piers coming to say hi before the interview. More below:

"Well the whole world's going to watch this," he said, to which Sheen responded, "I hope so." (Another behind-the-scenes nugget – CNN correspondent Nic Robertson was slated to contribute his excellent uprising reporting on last night's program if Sheen wasn't on, but instead, after Sheen had arrived, he asked if he could keep the line open to listen to the show. A little levity in a tense situation...)

Post by:
Filed under: Behind The Scenes
  1. Mary Ann

Second comment: I am extremely disappointed that Piers had Charlie Sheen as a guest last night. It was beyond poor judgment. I honestly thought CNN would show respect for a fellow human being with behavior problems. If it was a CNN employee, would you have spent an hour bantering with someone who lost control of reality? I think not. Piers, shame on you and the network. My heart aches for the Sheen family. Please, please give them privacy.

March 1, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tia Maria

CNN does not give two doo-doo piles about its' employees, their off duty activities or for that matter, their on duty activities as evidenced by the shocking lack of talent currently on the air. It's a lotta coin to pay these scoundrels, rock stars and Twitsters and they all collectively sound moronic in their demeanor, their lack of journalistic skill and quite frankly, in everything CNN does. "Why did she show up in to an awards show in a bikini in the first place?" C'mon, even their promos are dusty. CNN, wake up and rehire some talent. It's in the dictionary and you're getting warm when you are near the word "tacky." They really are ANN and you can guess what the "A" stands for. Hint: Not accuracy.

March 1, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • booneeblue

It's the Esteves family, just to let you know.

March 1, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Shari

Mr. Sheen said that Chuck Lorre's real name was Chaim Levine, as if that was a bad thing. Charlie Sheen's real name is Carlos IRWIN Estévez. Is that why he feels he is a irWINner? No offense but...Irwin? Gosh, if that was my real name, I would never bring up the subject of real names.

March 2, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carey

This was one of the more sane interviews that Charlie Sheen has given. I think that Mr.Morgan asked him excellent questions. Charlie Sheen is living in his own reality right now....2 years from now he may be in a a different reality. The saddest part of rme are his children. Every child deserves to have a parent whose main concern is them. I think Charlie Sheen can turn it off and on...the only thing now... it's mostly on the off switch. Charlie Sheen is no dumbie.....but I think he may be playing a losing game. Sometimes people go to far and it doesn't matter who you are...I'm hoping hehasn't done that. By the way Mr. Morgan...love your show and watch it every night.

March 2, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Debbie

My heart is sick over Charlie Sheen.I am not unfamiliar with drug addiction, and if Charlie is clean than he is very very sick and needs help desperately.I am fearful that his days are numbered and not because of using cocaine!

March 6, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jack

Wow. CNN please continue to grace us with interviews of this caliber and please keep the conversation rolling.
      Many of your viewers most likely have done drugs, smoked cigarettes and have even partied and now have reached
      an age that they seem to think they can judge others for what they do. This is ridiculous. They should stay in bed.
      And to think that someone who they think has problems shouldn't be interviewed. Quite puritanical thinking.
      Join a religious group
      please.

March 2, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Scott

Piers Morgan gave Charlie Sheen plenty of opportunity to talk about addiction, which Sheen certainly is no newby at. Instead, Sheen argued that traditional addiction models leave no room for "individuality and creativity."

March 7, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Penny Harris

I am so completely in agreement with you. I was appalled when I saw this interview. Having worked as a therapist, I do know that although he was found to be not on any drugs during this interview, it was so obvious that he was grandiose, delusional and some what paranoid. I was so so sad to see CNN use this man's illness as a means to garner an audience. It is not uncommon for people in psychic pain to use a drug to choice to camouflage the source of pain. I can imagine the pain the family had for this man, a son and a father. He became an object of ridicule, absolutely used by the network and interviewed by someone inept for a situation such as this. A pity.

March 9, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rick

Charlie is not close to realizing he has lost touch with reality and he is making a fool of himself 24/7 anyway. He is desperately hoping people keep wathcing.

March 11, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ryan labine

Why would your heart ache towards the sheen family, you dont even know them there just peole you saw on television. Why would you even let your heart ache towards something irrelevant as that, when you could be focusing your time and energy towards something that actually matters in your life instead of wasting it on pointles things like loathng towards media figures. You Americans make me laugh.

May 11, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • AngelAnnie

I agree with Mary Ann. Why oh why does all the media have to give ANY coverage to this man in so much pain, and his family. Well, it's all about ratings and money and the people like to see a person get beaten up...they also liked to see hangingd in France during the 18th C....

May 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Ceecee

to AngelAnnie: I hear you, you are trying to make a point on public lynching. But what does it have to do with France in the 18th century? In France people were "guillotined", not hanged... And certainly not left "hanging there" for the crowd to see ad the crows to feed on. That's more the "pirates of the Carribeans" way in the British colonies.

May 23, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ranger1rg

sheen told you he quit smoking and had the lungs of a 25 yr. old - just one of the dozens of things he lied about.

March 1, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ryan

Actually he didn't say he quit smoking.. you must have misheard him.

March 2, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Emjolina

He not only did not say he quit smoking he said he has smoked 2 packs a day for 25yrs and has the lungs of a non-smoker based on a ct scan I personally find that impossible to believe but in his own words whatever dude lol

March 2, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Marilyn

While I do think the media has overplayed many of these celebrity stories, I thought Piers interview with Charlie well done. He did not appear to have an agenda or be judgmental (one of the mistakes many interviews make) but he listened well and directed the conversation in a respectful way. Hats off to you Piers–you have a loyal follower.

March 1, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • BooneeBlue

I agree! It was tasteful and tactful. He didn't try to get a rise out of him to get numbers, and I greatly appreciate that. I think these Fox loyalists need to go to Fox's cite to diss on CNN.

March 1, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Mark

What an egotistical banker

March 1, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jack Albert

I watched the interview. Sheen is in a sad state. Not sure if he is ADD or on something but he behaved like a total juvenille. I used to love 2 and 1/2 men. Sheen is the hald man now. Pathetic, won't ever watch it again.

March 1, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • MONI

I find it hard to believe that a Two and a half man follower would stop watching the show. The show is wonderfully funny, and if it were they were to finish it somehow, I think you would watching in a heart beat.

March 1, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ryan

Perhaps you don't quite understand the gravity of the situation.. whether or not he's clean now and for how long that will remain the fact is that he's been abusing drugs and alcohol for several decades now and that takes a toll on a man. He's lived a rockstar life and he's going to be pretty far out there, that is a given. Even if he remains clean and sober for the rest of his life he will continue to appear "off" for a long time to come. Yet if you can put his endless metaphors and odd behaviors aside and just listen to the man you might find he deserves more respect than you give him.

March 2, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. sharon depp

Charlie Sheen we all love you & are routing for your continued success!!! Make us Proud & take care of yourself. The public has spoken and the interview was done not sure if it was innapropriate. THank you Pierce and a job well done. The public is worried & you should be too. God Bless you, Get well Sharon

March 1, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. sharon depp

Sorry Piers Morgan . You did a great job....

March 1, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. mo Rooney

piers Morgan is in love with himself and the cult of celebrity.
    He never asks tough questions. worst interviewer on TV. Please bring back Larry King!

March 1, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • BooneeBlue

I think that would only entice him to make an ass of himself, yet again. I think Piers took the right track, and he gave Carlos Esteves, aka Charlie Sheen, a chance to share his side of the story without going into a crazed ramble about how he's better than everyone and AA. It was actually insightful. Whether or not it was all truthful, that's neither here nor there, but at least he didn't act maniacal, nor did Piers feed the fire for the rise. It was handled with the proper care, and it was civil. I think that's enough to ask of this interview. Good job, Piers.

March 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Judy

I don't think CNN or any other news outlet should give the dillusional Charlie Sheen any airtime. Instead, someone should intervene and get him the help he clearly needs. He's obviously a very sick man. I, too, feel for the Sheen family. (I've always been a fan of Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez, who doesn't use his father's name to get by and doesn't shame it either!) As for Piers Morgan...please make him stop gushing all over his interview subjects. It's sickening the way he tries to ingratiate himself to them. I MUCH preferred good ol' Larry King!

March 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Ryan

Martin Sheen's last name is also Estevez.. Sheen was a stage name.
        Anyways.. Emilio, no disrespect, isn't making 2 million an episode.
        Charlie is winning.. and if he ends up dead tomorrow because of all his winning I think he'd be fine with that.
        The real concern of course is his children.. especially the twins who have two unstable parents and spend most of their time in the care of a couple of groupies who are most likely plotting to kill Charlie with drugs and alcohol so they can take his money. Charlie has lived life by his own rules, his only failings is that he hasn't been the best father he could be... let's all hope he turns that part around.

March 2, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  9. Beelie

Unfortunately Charlie has gone off the deep end. The drugs are not the cause, he has a serious psychological problem . It will not be enough for him to get clean and sober, he needs long term help. I too feel sorry for his family and everyone else whose life he has messed up.
    I used to like 3 and a Half Men, knowing it was just Charlie acting as himself. But now I see it is so wrong to watch it as we are just giving support of his delusional disorders.
    He's a very sick puppy and those with any control over him need to exert some "tough love" and get him off the TV and into Betty Ford. Obviously the leeches he surrounds himself with will not do anything to help him as that would destroy their ticket to drugs and debauchery.

March 1, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ryan

I don't think it is fair for you to diagnose the man based on a few interviews and headlines. The media is not a reliable source for a true character reference.. as evidenced by the fact that everyone though Michael Jackson was a complete nutball despite having friends who reportedly had a very normal relationship with the man.

March 2, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Virna-Lisi

Blessings to all,

#Charlie Sheen to Piers Morgan:
    "I didn't take cocaine,I paid for
    it"!
    That was a pricele$$ moment in journalism/comedy/drama/life!;)PEACE
    V-L

March 1, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. gemma

I appreciate Piers compassion for Charlie Sheen. The problem is no one is helping him. He is ill and his performances on all these shows underscores that . He has the eyes of a mad man, inappropriate outbursts, bizarre movements. We are watching someone self destruct on national TV. It is pretty sad when Charlie is crying out for help and none of you are listening to him .

March 1, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Erika

Remember how it was when you had a break-up with somebody when you were single, and part of you used to secretly wish that your ex would wind up feeling like nobody measures up to you and that you were irreplaceable?

And six months down the road you start to hear rumors of your ex' new s/o and you catch site of them, and you just get pea green with envy and turn into the biggest catty girl in your mind.

That's how Larry's acting – and I feel bad for him that after 25 years and 7000 shows that he maybe feels like CNN didn't do right by him. I just don't think

March 1, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Erika

Okay my comments aren't working – why did it post an old one of mine, but not the new one??? :( Arrrgh :(

Please ignore above ^^^^^^

March 1, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Mike

Piers Morgan, who appears not to understand the seriousness of Mr. Sheen's problem, should invite Dr. Drew Pinski to do a follow-up on the Charlie Sheen interview.

March 1, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Carol

I was unimpressed with Piers as he interviewed Charlie. He seemed enamoured with Mr. Sheen, complimenting his rather "normal" behavior. Piers obviously has limited knowledge about addiction, the personality disorder, and how they can win a crowded room over. He should just ask the questions, not interject his oppinions about his guest. Addicts fool many....looks like you were fooled, Piers.

March 1, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Brett

The "specialist" just said that the only way to deal with addiction to be recovering "by the grace of God." This is stupid, and completely unscientific, non-medical nonsense. "God" has nothing to do with it and he couldn't prove that with one iota of research or evidence, Charlie Sheen makes more sense than that "expert". Irresponsible and disturbing comment to be aired on CNN.

March 1, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. MJane

I thought Charlie Sheen looked like an addict, what type I can not say. I do know that I know people who are addicted to alcohol and drugs and they have the very same look, grey looking skin and can not sit still, almost like someone who has Parkinson's disease.

March 1, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Gayle

I thought Piers did a terrible interview. It was like he was trying to be Charlie's buddy instead of doing an interview. I had higher hopes of the show than this, but am very disappointed. He laughed like they were in high school talking about what they did Saturday night. Another enabler? Why didn't he ask the hard questions and maybe show Charlie that no one thinks he is ok. No wonder he feels he does not need help when it is all a joke. I don't think his five children will see it this way, or his family when they attend his funeral. Isn't there anyone who can take this seriously and try to help this man? Not as some one famous but as a son, father and human who really needs help.

March 1, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Christian Montone

While this makes for intriguing TV with a very watchabke subject, I wonder... Are we as a nation collectively giving him an even bigger platform for him to exhibit his crazed behavior? Are we all (and that includes me by typing this) just feeding his ego with our attention? I admit that I'm slackjawed, but at the root of this is the knowledge that with every word, Mr. Sheen is just digging himself deeper (and not doing himself ANY good).

March 1, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Erika

If Charlie Sheen has been trying traditional rehab for the past 20 years, and nobody's diagnosed him as having manic-depression ... did the drugs possibly mask the underlying issue or something like that? But I remember seeing a Charlie Sheen interview back when he was sober and he didn't seem manic or depressive at all ... and he was like that for 3 or 4 years, wasn't he? So could manic depression really be the problem?

March 1, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Erika

The narcissism that everybody talks about – it seemed 'normal' to me for somebody smart, driven, talented, charismatic, etc, etc in the sense that ... for every criticism or judgment people would have of him, there DO exist reasonable counterarguments. For example, Charlie Sheen's got two girlfriends – but hasn't Hugh Hefner had that many or more in the recent past and nobody criticizes him. His loopy talk – doesn't sound all that different from Paula Abdul or Steven Tyler and people used say they were/are a large part of what's made Idol so entertaining. On being a dad – shoot, Ozzy Osbourne was in WAY worse shape and his reality show was a runaway hit because of it.

And it's also pretty 'normal' for overachievers like that, at the head of the pack, the top of the heap, to not want to listen to just anybody. It may be arrogant, but it's still pretty normal behavior for somebody super successful, don't people find?

March 1, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Erika

Okay, my comments totally aren't posting :(

I tried breaking it up into portions, but it still won't post all of them ... I don't know what's the problem?

Just wanted to add that what struck me the most from last night was the change in perspective between Charlie Sheen when he was sober and how he is now.

It just doesn't seem like it's possible to be as in control of drug usage as he believes it to be, given how addictive they are ...

March 1, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Erika

When he was sober, he talked about how feeling unworthy of the fame and fortune that had come his way had perhaps led him to engage in self-destructive behavior. Whereas in the state he was in last night, he couldn't stop talking about how he was a winnnerrrrrrr!

March 1, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Erika

Even though he looked like Nicolas Cage from Leaving Las Vegas.

It just felt like denial ...

(Okay that's all!)

March 1, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Ben Adams

I was skeptical of Piers pre-show, but his first interview, he showed qualities, experience, and mentality that almost turned a very skeptical man on the first show. And I have been watching ever since, watching just how good this man is at this particular job. But when he got on CNN after his interview with Charlie, and he told the world that he thinks this is all a bit overblown, and pointed to Charlies good points and to societies bad ones without really saying either of them, he did two things that made me say I am SOLD on Piers Morgan. He showed that he has a soul, or a conscience, and that he isn't afraid to defy our cultures lack of both and express his own. He said he just doesn't see it, on CNN no less, and THAT made HIM the man to watch in my opinion.................

March 1, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Bob King

Charlie, get into rehab ASAP.

March 1, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. christy

i like the show i think funny and because problams id otn think the show should go

March 1, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Javid

Hi there 5TFI think your ideas look great and will really help your crevitae writing. I thought the use of the wavey river (more 3d looking) was really effective, as were the purple sweeets. Just imagine the smells in this sweet room?!?!

June 30, 2012 at 5:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. tbaxter

Piers! you thought he sounded normal? I am losing respect for you.

March 1, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Billy Foster

I fully understand Charlie Sheen's deep anger and contempt for AA. It's actually a good thing their success rate is only 5% because that's 5 out of 100 whose souls have been murdered by the strangulation of indoctrination, numbers, religious manipulation, and a culture of self-loathing. He is the only other person I have heard express the same feelings I came away with from AA. Charlie Sheen also seems to truly understand that pain is the natural condition of Man. We're at our best when we try to ease the pain of others and at our worst when trying to inflict it. I respect his demand for freedom.

March 1, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Erika

Interesting to hear your insights and experiences.

One aspect of this whole Charlie Sheen thing seems to be the disconnect between what a large portion of the public believes is 'best' or 'right' and what Charlie Sheen believes is 'best' or 'right' – and I too sensed in him a strong wish for freedom from judgment.

And I can understand his belief that to a certain extent, societal 'norms' can be fairly arbitrary and therefore absurd, almost hypocritical. For example, pot and cocaine are illegal, but tobacco and alcohol are legal. Mere possession of cocaine is a criminal offence, but addiction to caffeine exists in just about everybody. And life sure feels better with a stimulant (for me it's coffee). And I wouldn't want to live life without it – it does help me to function better I feel.

One area where the analogy breaks down for me though is when anybody asks him if he would want this lifestyle for his children. His answer in another interview to whether he'd be alright with his daughters experimenting with cocaine was that he was different because he had "tiger blood". So if even he wouldn't wish his lifestyle on his kids, then isn't that tantamount to him acknowledging that perhaps drugs might be a little different?

Granted, cutting back on something you love must be really hard – so I can appreciate how somebody would wish for the freedom to deal with issues in private, free from judgment or condemnation. I think the public just wants to help because we see somebody in pain, and we want to help, so it's hard ...

Hopefully Charlie will have a chance to talk to his Dad soon – it sounds like he's got a tremendous amount of love and respect for him ...

March 1, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Billy Foster

I certainly agree with your point on CS being disconnected and, held up to parenting standards, things change completely. In the midst of screeching about being free to pursue his own lifestyle, a car load of folks show up and take his children away. Frightening and certainly sobering. All things considered, about the best any parent can do is guide their children toward being thoughtful, compassionate, reasonable, and productive people. I'm lucky– I'm 3 for 3. I think the powers of state went WAY too far in this, but it illustrates another point I drilled into my kids; Every choice has a price and the freedom to make a choice carries a huge weight of responsibility.

March 2, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
      • Erika

:) Well said Billy.

Dads have a lot of love and caring and guidance to share with their kids, and while the courts may have felt like they were acting in the best interests of the child, I don't think anything we've seen from Charlie Sheen rises to the level of posing an immediate threat to the welfare of his kids. So it's puzzling that they would have taken such a drastic step to remove the kids like that from their Dad, without notice and an opportunity to be heard.

Hopefully he'll get to see his kids soon :)

March 2, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. nkk

Charlie Sheen no doubt has a problem...it wasn't Pier's job to tell him that...or accuse him of behaving badly....Questions were answered about the sitcom...and Charlie answered them. Yes he is a recovering addict, he looks awful as a result of self confessed nights of no sleep...he was shaky, probably a result of withdrawal of his excesses.....but he coherently answered all the questions and was quite witty, informative and spoke in what I found to be an eloquent, articulate style. His comment on John Stamos was amusing.....I find Charlie to be a very intelligent person, who has lived a wild private life...He admitted to women, drink, drugs...but he also quite correctly stated, that that's why they hired him for a role, who only suits...He also admitted to never missing a 'money day' on set...he seems very loyal to the cast and crew, but not too impressed with how the management is vilifying him...

March 1, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Alex

Its a pity that Piers Morgan chose to give predominant air time to Charlie Sheen rather than covering in detail and expert views on Middle East turmoil. I sincerely believe that a journalist of Piers' caliber should rise above the tabloid celebrity news.

March 1, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. nkk

i forgot to mention...well done Piers...you lent a non evasive, compassionate, non judgemental ear to Charlie...an excellent interview....and Charlie, (though obviously affected by abusing himself mentally, and physically), came across as a guy who is very intelligent, smart, informed, and committed to standing up for the contractual promises made to his co-workers.

March 1, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Sychophant Deluxe

Piers Morgan's interview technique seems to consist of planting his lips squarely on the ass checks of whoever he is interviewing and sucking as hard as he can. His Charlie Sheen interview was no exception. Puh-leeze!

March 1, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jennifer

Totally agree – Piers must soak his nose in bleach every night to keep the brown off

March 1, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Jay

Piers, I did not have high expectations for your show replacing the legandary Larry King. However in a very short time I have become a loyal viewer from Bangkok, where you appear live 9:00 in the morning. Why? You show respect for all guests, no matter their politics, problems or issues. You ask probing and interesting questions, but also lend your own thoughts which I find reasonable and well said. And you get the most interesting guests to interview. Also, you don't overdo whatever the world's latest crisis, as CNN is wont to do in its news coverage and with Anderson Cooper (who we also get live here in Bangkok).

March 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Neil

It's almost funny to see the masses cominbg down on Charlie. One has to wonder if his ability to do his job (and do it very well) regardless of what he's doing on "his own" off time, is creating a few insecurities? He's hugely successful, undeniably talented and smart. Those chasing him around throwing mud are just advertising their own pathetic insecurities. Tell 'em to go to hell Charlie...let's go for drinks. My email address is here....Cheers...Neil

March 2, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. LARRY SAVOIE (CANADA)

Just wanted to say your doing a great job.I watch every night.Keep up the good work Piers.

March 2, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Louise Hofmeyr

Piers talks too much and seems to enjoy giving his own opinions with little interest for the those he is interviewing. In this interview I thought it pathetic how he stroked Charlie's ego. I miss Larry King.

March 2, 2011 at 6:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Charlie Fan

Hi there , I'd like to see the entire interview from start till finish ..... where is it ?

March 2, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Emjolina

I thought Piers did an excellent job. I found Charlie to be relaxed and calm. I was for the first time able to see past all the crap and understand what the fight is all about. He was not ranting and his ego seemed to be roped in a bit. This interview explained the issues in clear language and I got it. I can only assume that the chemistry between these two men allowed for an interview that addressed the issues Charlie has with his show. I don't care what he smokes,drinks or who he sleeps with. It is not my business. To be honest I thought he was a raving lunatic until I saw this and have changed my mind for the most part. Good job Piers keep up the good work

March 2, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

I completely agree. I was turned around by one of the most riviting and revealing interviews.
      I also thought Piers was amazing. I rarely pay attention to these shows but this caught me and showed me
      what was up.

March 2, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Rudi

He can't smoke in the CNN building and waits outside. Some bad boy he is.

March 2, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Disappointed

To parade a person w/ mental health problems on TV as a ratings freak show is not really about informing or enlightening viewers. It's just sensational junk food for the eyes. It insults the intelligence of the audience and reduces this person who has serious problems into a caricature of addiction and mental illness, perpetuating stigma and misinformation. Piers was not genuine at all but simply prodding and poking this circus animal to do more TV tricks, basically to boost his own career. It's sad that CNN keeps lowering the bar and Piers is an example of how desperate it is to keep its viewers.

March 2, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Chris Delaney

Mr. Morgan,
    That was an incredibly awful interview. Pretty obvious to me that you have never been around an addict. If you had, you would have seen the classic signs and the desperation underneath Sheen's demeanor. He was lying to you when he said he had never hit a woman, and also when he said he has never had drugs in the house when his children were home. It was written all over his answers and behavior. Why do you think he is on this media blitz, because he wants to get the truth out, or because he is attempting to save his career?
    Your blubbering and gushing handling of Sheen was terrible. You had the chance to call him out and instead you acted like his mother or some groupie.
    Charlie Sheen has lost it, he should be getting help professionally, he is an addict, and in my experience addicts will tell you whatever it is you want and need to hear so they can continue their lifestyle. My guess is that he overdoses very soon, or he does something very stupid and dramatic. Either way this story will not end well, and your enabling interview just keeps him on the path of a guy out of control.

March 2, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • nkk

...what do you mean...'call him out' ?....Piers is not saying that Charlie is or wasn't an addict....we all KNOW that Charlie has problems....Charlie wasn't coming to the doctor's surgery for help......he came on the show to say whats happening with CBS....He admits his lifestyle isn't affecting the sitcom....so the show was unfairly dismissed, that's it, period. He says he never missed a shoot....the show was no. 1....so there's no problem on the professional front.....Charlie wanted to point out, the unfairness of the producers to himself and crew....And tell me, who wouldn't want to save his career or that of his fellow crew more like. He doesn't really need the money, his intention is for fairness to his colleagues......Very coherent, caring and loyal to me.......!

March 4, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Mario

Well I have to say that the interview conducted by Piers Morgan was extremely disappointing. In order for Mr. Morgan to increase his ratings he's become an enabler. What bothered me the most is when Mr. Morgan tells Charlie Sheen towards the end of the interview that he is seemingly normal.
    Charlie Sheen was crawling out of his skin throughout the entire interview, any half wit could tell that Charlie Sheen is tweaked and has issues. I have no respect for interviewers that instead of helping their fellow human beings end up enabling them by telling them what they want to hear. Charlie Sheen is digging his own grave if he continues down this path. It's not him that will suffer in the long run but his children.
    Piers Morgan should have used Robert Downy Jr. as an example, the only thing that saved Robert Downey Jr. was prison time and look at his life & career now. Show Charlie and give him examples of similar cases of famous stars (Sean Penn) that have walked the same path Charlie is walking now, but that wouldn’t have brought in the ratings, a Piers? I have lost complete respect for Piers Morgan and will no longer watch his show.

March 2, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

I so disagree with you about this. And if you don't want to watch the show, I'm sure no one will mind too much.
      It seems we all revel in judging others peoples behavior. I didn't find anything wrong with Charlie's behavior
      in the interview. In fact, I liked it. And without having too much "People" and "Us" magazine info about Charlie,
      he did seem rather normal to me too. I would love to see any of us up there under such scruity and perform any
      better. Watch Fox TV. That may suit you better.

March 2, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Ken

Enough about Charlie Sheen. Nobody really cares.

March 2, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

I care about Charlie Sheen. I agree with Piers about him. If he were a rock star no one would be so critical.
      He does deserve to live his life. Unfortunately, everyone seems to want to be a part of it.

March 2, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Like Slime

Never have I seen a moreobseqious interviewer than Piers. Always with the back patting (tohimself). Larry at times would go there but this intervieew. Why would one pull up an interviewee like Chrarlie Sheen and then help him put his particular form of mania out there without the real, true grit, questions. If Piers had gone any frther up Charlie's you know what, he might have met that 7.5 gram ball of crack coming down, gone boom and done us all a favour.

Charlie is not just partying. He is ILL. Why doesn't the media get him and leave him alone. If you don't give him air time then he won't say much will he? In any case, the rate he's going, he'll be 'done' soon enough. The only thing that is up for question is will he die or just lose his mind and end up in an asylum drooling for the rrest of his life. Oh look mommy, there's daddy, they tied his wheelchair to a rail in the hall so he could see more!...

March 2, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

I guess that's why Charlie has managed to have the Number 1 show. I think Piers was noble, engaging and
      neutral. Unlike many of Charlie's popularity club.

March 2, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Thelma

Watching Charly Sheen was like watching Charles Manson when he was interviwed awhile back. He really needs help before he hurts himself and those around him...

March 2, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

Obviously, you don't know anything about Charles Manson. The one thing that always shows in discussions like this
      is the total stupidity of people to place nice people in the same arena as murders.

March 2, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • kate

Thelma how can you compare someone who is a bit of a cad to a psychopathic mass murderer? Surely thats going too far?

March 4, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • nkk

i think you're the one who is delusional now....Charlie was excellent....his personal life maybe not....but it's his PERSONAL life, so long has he goes to work, loves his kids....which he obviously does......

March 4, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  44. ralph

I'll bet if Charlie begins reading the Torah and says a few anti Muslim remarks he'll be forgiven and probably get three shows...

March 3, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Marilyn

I agree with nkk that Piers conducted a compassionate and non-judgemental interview, and really seems to get Charlie more than most. Charlie is fighting for his right to work and take care of his children and his cast and crew (you don't hear them complaining) while at the same time providing the rest of us with some extraordinarily good entertainment with the hit show "Two and a half men". No one can replace Charlie Sheen.

March 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Jane

Jane

This interview was beyond disgusting. As a fellow Brit I was ashamed of Piers Morgan's defense of this sick individual. Had Sheen not been a celebrity, he would have been incarcerated several times over for his behaviour. How can he talk in front of millions of people about crimes that send poorer folk to jail (sometimes for 25 years under the Rockefeller drug laws) – and consistently get away with it?

March 4, 2011 at 7:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • nkk

....as a fellow brit too.....i thought Charlie was amusing, took a dig at the producers who knew who they were signing up for the sitcom in the first place....he even said he is the one that gave 'them the fodder'........if he had committed a crime, by law he would go to jail,....if there is evidence......look at Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan.....celebrities are not above the law....
      his drug tests were negative....he might be staying just under the radar for now.....but he's not been charged with anything yet....Well done Piers, for interviewing the man, and not just bringing him on the show, to say 'what a bad boy you are Charlie' and hitting him on the knuckles....! ....Brits don't need to bring an air of superiority to everything.......Didnt a famous person in history say something along the lines of....' LET THE PERSON WHO HASN'T SINNED , CAST THE FIRST STONE'

March 4, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  47. kate

Brilliant interview- and thank God for an interviewer coming from an unbiased stance. The other Charlie Sheen interviews where so judgemental- border line puritanistic. And this coming from the very same people that relish tuning into '2 and a half men' to be entertained by the same man and his antics!
    Good on Piers and Charlie!

March 4, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • kate

PS Piers – Loved your proposition to Charlie to co-host for a bit!
      You should seriously follow that up!

March 4, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  48. miss mary

Shame on you all...sheen needs help not a sounding board. If he's truly mentally, which I think plays a huge part of his self medicating, then his REAL friends need to tell him GET HELP! You should have the money and if NOT, WHY? Get a grip! why are we entertaining this man and his weaknesses when he has had more chances than anyone I know. Besides Lohan who isn't being paid the big bucks like he is and really, he is old enough to know better. His jibberish makes NO sense at all. He thinks it's funny but in reality it is a deadly game he plays and his kids have to live with it. He should appreciate his heritage and try to allow his family some peace of mind....that's all folkd!

March 4, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. bill davis

You fools! He's an actor isn't he? This is one of the greatest hoaxes of all time. Andy Kaufman would be proud!

March 4, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Richard

I'm watching Piers Morgan interview Charlie Sheen now, and I can't believe what a SUPER LOSER Charlie Sheen is...
    His father is such a great talent and icon. Charlie doesn't deserve to use the name, "Sheen".
    The words spewing from his mouth...He's a pathetic loser who's living in denial !

March 4, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  51. Richard

The words spewing from his mouth...He's pathetic, and living in denial !

March 4, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Mystic Hill

Loved the interview,caught it on Friday night. Kudos to Piers and CNN for not being judgmental. My husband and I watch CNN all afternoon daily, then kick back for two and half men every night, its our ritual. We have nothing but good thoughts and wishes for Charlie. Its his life, leave him to it. Hoping they start the new seasons back up for two and half men, while I watch the reruns a lot! I would love to see some new stuff. If they don't, well we will keep our eyes open for the next project Charlie does, and we will be there to watch it! Keep your chin up Charlie, while there are judgmental busy body's in the world, there are many of us who just want you to be free to live your own life, express your right to "freedom of speech", and be yourself. I really don't think its fair for society to say he has a problem, I think the only problem Charlie has is, everyone is up in his personal business. Hes happy with his life style, and pursuit of happiness
    is also his right. Lets worry more about the other problems this world is facing, and let Charlie live his life!

March 5, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  53. aalbert (The Netherlands)

I was shocked by the interview and behaviour, not too mention the wierd answers, off Charlie Sheen. The man was under influence of drugs, no doubt. It is good that his hit series was cancelled. You can not accept this kind of behaviour. The very spoiled man is lost and need rehab. He should quit all contacts with the peolple surrounding him, quit a bad company he has... . If not so, they will deliver his crack and pron stars.

March 6, 2011 at 4:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Sue

Piers, I think you're a class act !! Thanks for bringing a much needed freshness to the time slot. Frankly speaking, I was a bit, more than, when Larry King was leaving, felt I would be lost for info and I admit to not trusting some of the (what I perceived to be) hype about you. BUT, I was wrong, you are GREAT! Yes, you're different from him alright and...that in itself is alright ! I'm a Brit, from Dover, Kent, you bring a little bit of home to me. Thanks and pulleeze stay on and keep this much needed "very different" show on the air. You know, there are several pretty good news/politics shows on CNN, I really wasn't looking for another one. I love Elliot Spitzer and Anderson of course and you fit very nicely in the middle. BRAVO and welcome !!

March 6, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. suzanne

I do not think Piers Morgan did a good job interviewing Sheen. He seemed to agree with what Sheen was saying half the time. Sheen was like a car wreck-every one just seemed to want to rubber-neck. Sort of reminded me of watching a caged animal–gyrating and jerking all over the place. I just do not think he should be put on public display like that. If that was a member of your family, would you want that person put on CNN? Mental illness is a sad story. I'll admit, I was curious as to what Sheen would do and say. I am ashamed of myself for watching.

March 9, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Al Leong, Toronto

his jerking is due to excessive drug use, probably crack, cocaine and ecstasy or crystal meth.

March 9, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. susan

I do not think King would have done any better. They are both horrible.

March 9, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rick

They are only on for ratings. You all should know that by now. This is the excited states.

March 11, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  57. suzanne

Dear Mystic Hill,
    You are obviously a very shallow person. If all i had to do was watch reruns of "men"-need i say more?

March 9, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. Al Leong, Toronto

i think charlie is going to regret his interviews... and after his own webcast, on the internet it may be hard for him and others to forget. it will take probably 10 – 15 years for this thing to go away for him. drug abuse, addiciton and mental disorders. he might find god. and he'll do a lot of crying.

March 9, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Youcef

Vaai ser um lixo ! O charlie sheen e9 o corae7e3o do two and half men ! acac* Beem com minha serie ftvarioa

March 5, 2012 at 1:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  59. Elle

That was very kind of Charlie to pat Piers on the arm or back to get his attention and to acknowledge the woman in the white top. Piers then turned around and shook hands with the woman. See, Charlie Haters out there...Charlie is a good guy. Kelly Preston and Holland Taylor have kind words to say about Charlie Sheen.

March 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  60. belinda

i love piers morgan and i love charlie sheen too,u can totally condemn a guy cos he is on drugs,he needs love right now am a true fan of sheen and i love him alot,God will see him through this period safely and make him a beta man.Good work Pires,best interview i have ever watched,keep it coming,am also a great fan of urs,God bless u!!!!!!!

March 17, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  61. Bigdaddy

What is it with all of you? Who cares. You couldn't pay me to live close or even work around actors. Your the reason they make all those millions, and could care less about you. It's all about the money, and to keep you paying to watch them act! It's really sad to think that people really care what these fu-ked up actors do!

March 31, 2011 at 3:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  62. Marguerite Erickson

About PIER MORGAN that has takin LARRY KING'S place. I always enjoyed this program but with Pier Morgan we do not understand half of what he is saying. Hope it can be remedy. Thank you.

April 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Shadat

Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this website befroe but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

June 27, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  63. Chris

Who are the losers that arrive with Sheen?

May 13, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  64. Argle Bargle

Charlie Sheen, the One Trick Pony – Losing!

May 14, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  65. Billi Huyard

HeHe Twitter ought to be outranking other social media sites

July 15, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  66. MikeinSJ

Who is Piers Morgan?

August 15, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  67. Makonne

Pierce Morgan is a very annoying "journalist"; in the first place he talks too much and doesn't allow his gusts to talk. Oh! he is talkative and arogant....He often makes hasty generalizations and bound to his own opinion. I don't understand why one of the leading networks, CNN, allows Pierce to mess up CNN...Not to mention his irritating voice and weird British accent.

November 3, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • helen

have same openion about pierce...

November 3, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  68. Wow, that's an incredibly nice read!

Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest authoring on other sites? I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my readers would value your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

November 17, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  69. vitamin a cream

When it comes to acne and those nasty breakouts one must realize that ther is more to than just applying some acne cream to fully overcome this condition. You really need to take a look at what maybe causing your skin to breakout.

March 17, 2012 at 3:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  70. forex

Hey there, You've performed a great job. I'll certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.

April 6, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  71. Haruka

I am extremely imseepsrd with your writing skills and also with the design of your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you edit it yourself? Either way keep up the great quality writing, it is rare to see a nice website such as this one these days!

June 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  72. mytra nute

oops i forgot to care

July 4, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  73. Unimpressed

First fact: The ONLY reason, and I MEAN the ONLY reason that anyone, anywhere knows of Charlie Sheen is because of the very talented father that he has, Martin Sheen. Martin was and is a very, very good actor with all the chops someone needs to become a success at it. Had it not been for being Martin's son, Charlie would've had to compete with the thousands and thousands of acting aspirants in THE WORLD that head to L.A. or NYC as fast as they can at a very young age and the fact of the matter is, he wouldn't have made it, which leads to point two.

Second fact: Charlie Sheen cannot act. He has NEVER been even a mediocre skill level actor and, imo, his self-awareness about that cannot be denied and so he has spent years masking that nagging fact with booze and drugs.

Third fact: Charlie grew up the spoiled son of a Hollywood success, his father. Never in his entire existence has he had to want for anything. The world that the kids of successful celebrities grow up in is about as far from 'real' as one can get. It's a make believe world full of massive and fragile ego's where which part of LaLa Land you live in really matters. I mean, GET REAL people. Charlie's not a 'good guy', he's a self-indulgent, spoiled brat having big, public temper tantrums and he knows full well that he's a bit player in a grander circus act. Every appearance he makes to blabber about himself HE GETS PAID. These people don't do these things for free or because they actually care what their empty headed fans think. Charlie's desperate to hang on to what's left of his fan base because he's trying to pull a Robert Downey Jr on everyone watching. "Look at me and my epic problems mannnn...I am like, sooooo talented...I'm a tortured genius baby, now gimme a role to play."

The very important difference between he and Downey is that Robert is an incredibly gifted actor. He's ACTUALLY talented, where Charlie is just a wooden figurine fit for second rate productions. And he knows it better than anybody. Also, while he may only be in his 40's and that's not such a big deal to most people, in Hollywood these days that's like being elderly and decrepit. He's got the haggard, hollow look of a dried up prune and he did it to himself with years of childish, not manish, behaviors. Is he bent mentally? Maybe. But that doesn't, by default, make him any kind of artistic genius. A dude like him can only ever HOPE to be a thousand miles below the talent of someone like Brando or Hopkins. Brando had a lot of pain. A helluva lot of pain and he used it best he could to make a living at something like acting, but it cost him over time and he was smart enough to distance himself from Tinseltown's madness and seedy underbelly built for insecure, self-destructive little brats. Hopkins, too, to protect his immense talent distanced himself after a time. Sheen doesn't even come close to talent such as those two and never, ever will. He practically sleep walks through his roles and is more of a talking prop than anything.

Hollywood's spoiled children don't impress me at all. There are way, way too many talents in the acting profession who deserve to be heard and find their audience and practice their craft, who would appreciate the gigs they land without taking their luck out on themselves and everyone else around them, than to have someone like Sheen trying to fill roles.

With thousands of young heros, REAL heros, such as the men and women who have experienced the rigors and terrors of war to serve their country; whose self-discipline in the face of violent, unimaginable violence, are virtually ignored in favor of attention being paid to posturing, swaggering, useless braggart's like Charlie Sheen – whose never done a single day in serving anyone's needs except his own – it's a sad testament to the misguided curiosity of citizens today.

Charlie, go to a doctor; go apologize to your family for embarassing them and taking them for granted; apologize to your feeble fans for creating a disgusting display of manipulating ego on your part; and god have mercy on the hearts and minds of your poor children who now have to grow up knowing that daddy has no self-composure and no self-respect of any real value. Turn it around and while you're at it, go get some decent acting lessons or, even better, live off your earnings humbly and volunteer your time to charities.

September 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  74. mary

RYAN|: fyi, Sheen is not A stage name for Charlie. Hid Dad changed his own last name legallyfrom Estevez to Sheen in horor of Bishop Fulton J . Sheen whom he admired. Hence the boys had the same last name,.

January 19, 2013 at 9:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  75. dior バック

koolaburra dior バック http://fuguchuafb.onlinechase2013.com/

December 1, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  76. In Home Personal Training Long Island

Piers Morgan if you have me on your show I'll show up 15 min's early and i would respect your time.Charlie Sheen needs to fix his life. You go
    out of your way to go outside and shack his hand even thou he is late for the interview.I would have given him so much more grief during the
    interview if i was you.