Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 31st, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Rod Stewart's cancer scare: "It did bring me down to earth"

Last night's "Piers Morgan Tonight" featured an interview with legendary rocker Rod Stewart. Stewart, who recently became a father again, spoke openly about women, his past partying ways and more. But he also got serious when talking about cancer. "It did bring me down to earth," he told Piers Morgan. "I kept thinking 'what am I going to do? I can't sing.'...I was frightened. Really scared."

Below, what Rod Stewart finds sexy about a woman:

Said Stewart: "It's an inner thing, it's a look in the eye...almost a slight sluttiness, just a touch of it."

-–
Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Tom O'Leary

What a delightful interview!! You guys were so obviously having such fun!! This made it terrific for your viewers.

March 31, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Michael Szakszon

I wondered how Piers would do following the long reign of Larry King. I have watched with fascination each week as Peirs begins his new journey at CCN. I must say iIhave been delighted by his superb interviewing skills and the manner in which he clarifies questions and presents them in a manner that does not let guests off the hook. We as viewers wanted to be enlightened, Piers does that. He treats his audience as an extension of him....he gives us credit for being educated and knowledgeable. This interview was fun to watch but also it disclosed things about Rod Stewart that many of us did not know. Rod was an ordinary bloke albeit a rich one....who suffers the same way as we do...and you gotta like a guy who loves footie....to bad he isnt a Man Unitied fan instead! Nice job Piers you inspire and I like yours style all the way up here in Whitehorse Yukon. M

April 4, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Michael Szakszon

My apologies to CNN...for my typos....and Piers as well.

April 4, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alessandro

Do you think Rod was sincere?

May 1, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Corby Ferguson

I hope he makes a really great next album, and I hope he puts the song "Let it Be" in it. Or writes something similar. That will help with the holy Wars.

March 31, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. John Pike

The Rod Stewart interview was a real treat! Great humor from a down to earth rock star from a modest N. London background. Great story. More of this. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks.

March 31, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Nana

Absolutely delightful interview with Rod Stewart.
    Please, please stay away from politic interviews and never have Trump on your show even if he pays you.Sara Pailen is always great laugh with out turning on Comedy Central.

March 31, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. john conroy images

I'm not buying the Rod comment that "he only wore woman's panties once" while with Britt Ekland. I was the photographer on the 1975 tour and you can see a photo of Rod on my website. Check the one of him with the white jumpsuit pulled down below his waist. What men undies had a g-string like that in 1975? WOMENS

March 31, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. miles

I have a new found respect and admiration for Rod Stewart – his down to earth easy going interview gave a candid insight into a humble man who found his way to the stars. Rod, I have a news clip from your early 1970's Vancouver, BC concert – great memory. Nice work Piers you guys had a good time doing the interview and it was good to watch. I agree with some comment on this thread – keep Trump and politics out of the picture and you will have a good thing going. Thanks!

April 1, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. P N Borgaily

Rod Stewart you are a true hero of rock. Keep the spirit alive .... Rock and roll will never die. Outstanding interview.

April 1, 2011 at 6:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Nancy Jean

Finally an interview with Rod that is differant, Great job Piers! I have been a fan for years and have been to over 130 concerts. Went two two just this week. You asked great questions. And finally got him to speak of the brake up with Rachel. I will never forgive her for how she went about leaving him. Very classless if you ask me. Keep up the good work Piers!

April 1, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Cindy Armstrong

I missed this interview! I have been searching for it, but with the world as it it, the interview kept getting put off. I have loved Rod since I as little, now I'm 42. Would love to see this repeated on the tv and/or available online where I could view this! And would like for it to be promoted better of what night he's gonna be on there!..Thanks.

April 1, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Loree

Easily one of the best interviews I have every seen. I grew up listening to Rod Stewart and this candid interview was an absolute joy to watch. What a treat!!

April 2, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Kyle

A fantastic interview, a joy to watch. I have a new respect for both Rod Stewart and Pierce's interviewing style.

April 2, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Chris

I caught the Piers Morgan/Rod Stewart interviews on one of the late night repeats yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. My mom, however, who is a huge Rod Stewart fan, missed it. Will it be on again? I really hope so.

April 3, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Alessandro Bernardi

Rod,
    Prince Charles could tell you how lovely landscape gardening can be! And if you cared about cheese and this sort of things – Hhmm!

May 1, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply