READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" will put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For April 1, 2011 – March jobs report is out- is it good news? Evacuees have a long wait ahead of them, plenty of drama on opening day, and more...
• March jobs report is out: "The job market continued to improve in March as strong business hiring took the unemployment rate to its lowest level in two years. The economy gained 216,000 jobs in the month. That's better than the gain of 180,000 predicted by economists surveyed by CNNMoney, and also a significant improvement over the 194,000 jobs added in February."
• Evacuees have a long wait ahead: "Tens of thousands of people who evacuated an area around the stricken Fukushima Daiichi power plant may not be allowed home for months, a Japanese minister said Friday. There is no end in sight for the nuclear crisis amid fresh concerns about alarming radiation levels in beef, seawater and groundwater."
• Battles rage in Libya amid defections of key Gadhafi allies: "As Moammar Gadhafi's inner circle showed possible signs of cracking Friday, heavily armed forces loyal to the Libyan leader continued pounding cities that were once some of the country's most prosperous places."
• Prince William won't wear a wedding band: "For her, a band of royal gold. For him ... a bare ring finger! Prince William is going to eschew the modern-day tradition of men wearing wedding bands. A spokeswoman at the palace tells PEOPLE, "There is only going to be one ring, in accordance with the couple's wishes." All your royal wedding coverage can be found on cnn.com or you can check it out on facebook or twitter
• Opening day had thrills, chills: "Five Cuts from a special March 31 edition of baseball's Opening Day that began with Nationals starter Livan Hernandez throwing a strike to Braves outfielder Martin Prado and ended 10 hours later when Giants rookie Brandon Belt lined out into the glove of Dodgers third baseman Juan Uribe..."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Notify me of new comments via email.