Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

April 13th, 2011

"One big street party for four days": Piers breaks down the upcoming royal wedding

Piers Morgan is more than just the guy who won "Celebrity Apprentice," makes biting comments to "America's Got Talent" contestants and took over the 9pm slot on CNN. He's also British. So CNN asked him for his take on what's coming up in a couple weeks. "I think Britain will be one big street party for four days," he said. "They're going to go completely royal crazy."

Of the soon-to-be-married couple: "They seem so normal. They're like a nice, normal, happy couple." What about the Diana vs. Kate comparisons?

"It's also complete undeniable the paparazzi do not stalk William anything in the way they used to stalk Diana," said Piers. "She was a one-off. She was the biggest star in the world."

As for William's father, Prince Charles: "I think he gets a bad rap." "Piers Morgan Tonight" travels to London for the royal wedding – stay tuned for more information on those shows as well as where you can find Piers across the network.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Across The Pond
  1. Ray Peters

Piers, your show is the most boring waste of time and should never be on CNN. You bring no news to the network and you are the least of all interesting to listen to.

April 14, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Michelle

Piers Is wonderful in my opinion, And any one that wants to hate on him why don't you go do something that you think is worth while instead of trying to bring someone down! LOWLIFE!!! I've never been so. So there!

April 28, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • kim

Yes, Piers is not a show I desire to watch. I loved Larry King and think Anderson Cooper is wonderful. CNN can do better.

April 28, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jeanne

To you Brits ... er, the UNITED STATES might be a young country, but you know, the NATIVE people here are NOT. We've been here a damn long time, and we've had some amazing civilizations (Teotihuacan, Incas, Maya, Cahokia, Hohokia) when Europe was still in the down-turn of the Middle Ages. We had bigger cities here than Europe, better agriculture, bigger architecture ... NATIVE people are just not that impressed by royal weddings ... sorry. I personally wish William and Kate the best ... but as HUMAN BEINGS, not because he's royal. I really, really hope they have a wonderful life, lots of kids, are happy, and raise them well. But please don't call us a "young" country, guys. That's just the IMMIGRANT Americans. NATIVE America is as old as anything in England. How about a little coverage for US, yeah?

April 29, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Laura

the love of whoopies life was FRANK LANGELLA............. CMON MR MORGAN... YOU CAN DO BETTER WHEEDLING OUT GOSSIP

April 14, 2011 at 3:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. John Tait

When he says Britian he is only on about England.

April 15, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Anibal

The over-excited little boy can't take it.

April 25, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Nate

Piers, you look like a young gittyschool girl with this Boring wedding. Careful, your little man boobs are looking perky the more you speak about this event. Frankly, I am only intersted to see how that woman, you know, the horsey one... Camilla Parker-Boles (the Mr. Ed look-alike) is going to show up; there is no dress or hat that can become that "handsome woman." And then there's Chuck... one can never forget his flattering bedroom conversation to Camilla, " I want to be your tampon." God, it dosen't get better than that. I just love an English romance.

April 25, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Robert Hyde

Piers,
    Your mother and father failed to teach you to keep your mouth closed while your guest is furnishing you their reply. You are so annoying and constantly speaking over their answer, interjecting your dull humor. All in all, a very low-brow combination. Please learn to keep your ADD mouth shut when someone else is speaking.

April 25, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. jj

I was wondering if anyone knows where Princess Diana would be sitting in the Abbey if she hadn't passed away? Would she have a front row seat with the royal family?

April 26, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Sue G.

It is unbelievable how many English people have awful dental work and crocked teeth even Piers Morgan! Are there no orthodontistists in England or does no one care about dental hygiene?

April 26, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. ab

Piers, for God's sake give up the lunch with Diana and Prince William thing – you're beginning to sound like Paul Burrell.

April 26, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Elizabeth R.

Why don't any of the broadcasts aired in the USA, which relate to the Abbey, point out that the royal couple will be passing under a larger than life statue of Martin Luther King, Jr as they enter and exit the west entrance of Westminster? They wouldn't be able to do this in the USA because our monument in D.C isn't anywhere near finished.

April 26, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Jaime Echeverria

Cannot believe how CNN is wasting so much time with this boring wedding. Who cares? Look everywhere and there are important, and even interesting stories. What a waste of energy and resources.

April 26, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. unbelievale CNN

Sorry this wedding is not for us. I wish Will and his bride happiness like i would any new couple that's all to it. w

April 27, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. ab

Piers: You did it again – please stop embarrassing yourself – give up the lunch with Diana and Prince William story – you really do sound like Paul Burrell.

April 27, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Melly

That\'s really tihnikng out of the box. Thanks!

November 15, 2011 at 2:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • ncxfxcj

qg7W6r qtwbenfhdqkr

November 15, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • idltqetuli

xiTEc7 ptqawobacosa

November 16, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Mary Devore

Piers, I need your help. Your Thursday night 28th show was a pre-recorded one I believe, but you went live to John King, who then went to Alabama. There was a woman interviewed-she was a lone survivor who lost everything--her mother's keepsakes, etc. She was crying uncontrollably. It was before the young guy recounted his experience. How can I get info to help that lady? Her named seemed possibly African? She said, "I don't know how to do this." She lost everything and seemed entirely alone.

April 28, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Nadeem Siddiqui

Piers – why are you promotion Britishism in United States? Talking about the Royal Wedding every single day is boring and un-called for. Two third of Americans are not at all intertested in the Wedding. Why you are forcing this issue? Moreover, the girl to be a Queen of England one day in not pretty – she looks aged and has no glamor, sorry!
    I am O.K. with your shows on other topics and can watch for 10-15 minutes BUT certaily not this new subject that you are promoting. I can't wait to see when this is all over and you are back to normal..... NS

April 28, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Fredrick

There is a whole story behind why the USA doesn't have a royal family Pierce Morgan. You pompous a**. Do us a favor and stay in the UK...And stop cutting Anderson Copper off.

April 29, 2011 at 5:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. June Kennedy

Hi Piers, thanks you all for wonderful coverage of the Royal Wedding, I just wonder why Prince Charles was not on the balcony for the royal kiss.

April 29, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. S. Quinn

Piers, ignore the rude, negative people posting here. The internet brings out the worst in people.
    You are an absolute delight – kind, intelligent, joyful, enthusiastic. The only people who find you "boring" are the cynical, the jaded (the kind of people who – as I saw on TV – tweeted about the Royal Wedding that there was no "wow" factor – in other words, they are so soul-dead that not even the Archbishop's beautiful sermon moved them. I guess they wanting the royal family to act like low-class "celebrities" and boogie down the aisle). There are very, very few people as decent, classy, intelligent, kind, and gentlemanly as you on TV. Many people love you!

April 29, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. rooney

Who are these miserable buggers with no heart no feelings and deriving nil joy from this wonderful day and what a relief for me and the cnn correspondents who will have the unenviable arab killing arab crap to report on next week!

April 29, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Marlene Smith

My, My, it's been a long time since I've heard such bitter comments. I personally like Piers, liked him on Celebrity
    Apprentice, and glad he won. Some of the hateful comments on CA remind me of some of you. If he isn't your cup of
    tea, turn the channel. The coverage of The Royal Wedding with him, Kat Deeley and Anderson Cooper was the best
    Televised occasion I've ever watched. They spoke when they needed to speak, letting the TV viewers think for
    themselves. Something the Sports Announcers will never learn to do. CNN is a better station with Piers. He's not supposed to be another Larry King.

April 29, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Tina

Pierce, I am just shocked and really sad that you could not understand that by saying " Diana's mother was a alcoholic and they were a dysfunctional family," was hurtful to Diana's son's.That is Prince William's Mother's family you were disrespecting on the air! At his wedding where Lady Diana should have been. His uncle, Diana's brother was there! What were you thinking. Alcoholism is a disease brought about by one's misfortunes. We do not know our future with the lives we are given, I can believe in this, true class comes from empathy for others. Please, somehow correct your mistake it needs to be addressed as to what you said or how it was meant or just apologize.

April 29, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Lorenn Steele

Piers, please remember that working at CNN means that the whole globe is watching, not just people in England and the USA. Also, why was Anderson Cooper covering the Royal Wedding? He made a fool of himself by contributing wrong "facts" and being ignorant about British culture. I surely missed Aaron Brown today!! Aaron would have done a much better job at anchering for the Royal Wedding. Badly done, Emma. Badly done.

April 30, 2011 at 1:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Seth

Piers, while I appreciate your enthusiasm while covering the Royal Wedding, I believe the coverage of the event was marred by commentators speaking out of turn and sound problems from the temporary studio facilities. It was hard to understand the commentary. Also, I was dissapointed in Anderson Cooper's performance as an ancher. He seemed out of touch with British culture and unaware of the facts around the royals. Overall, a dissapointment. CNN used to do a much better job at covering these type of events when Aaron Brown was ancher.

April 30, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Porter

Royal Wedding – I would like to know please why the Spencer family was seated on the bride's side and not on William's side. I will never understand why they have accepted Camilla as a royal after what she did to Diana. The Queen forgave Camilla – who did unspeakable things to Diana – and now Camilla is part of the family, but the Queen cannot forgive Sarah Ferguson?? As the mother of Prince Andrew's daughters, Sarah should have been invited.

April 30, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. DElviss

"Guide me O thy great Jehovah" is a rugby song??!! Give me a break Piers, my Welsh mother is rolling over in her grave with that comment. That hymn is sung at weddings, funerals family events, give it the respect that it is owed....and yes the rugby crowd have also claimed it as their own but give it the respect it is owed.

May 1, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. SmartMove

Piers,
    Enjoyed the Royal Wedding very much and especially your commentary since you are British and could explain a lot of things about the Monarchy and custom that Americans may not understand. Can someone tell me if Kate Middleton curtsied to the queen as she went down the aisle. It seems I remember that Diana did this and the camera cut away just as Kate got to the Queen so I couldn't see if she curtsied or not. Loved every minute of this celebration and wish them every happiness.

May 1, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • michael

yes she did as she left the church

May 2, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Valli Nelson

Being British, but living in Canada I have been able to follow Piers show.Would like to stop him boasting about himself at times,but on the whole I have enjoyed him, till the wedding!! Do you remember Richard Dimbleby, who used to do all the great royal ceremonies,well you could learn a lot by listening to some of his old shows, he really did his homework.Between you and Anderson you did not know the name of one head of state or country, we the public would have liked to have had them pointed out, instead of just a handful of 'pop 'celebrities. As for all the laughter from your booth, it sounded like you were all sat in your bar,and had had one to many.Sorry if I am not patting you on the back for a job well done, like a lot of two faced people, but someone has to tell you the truth!!

May 2, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. ab

Totally agree with Valli Nelson!!!! Richard Dimbleby always did his homework and was able to identify all the visiting heads-of-state and Europian royalty at previous royal ceremonies. Piers would do well to bone up on the expected dignataries who will be attending HM the Queen's 60th Anniversity next year, in the event that he participates. It seems he is more familiar with celebrities he featured in the "red top" he was editor of before being fired for unacceptable journalism.

May 2, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. betty barnes

hands down, piers' account of the wedding was tops–i know it was aied over, and over–however, i was unable to "catch" it–hopefully, it will be aired again , most possibly after regular programming–please advise–

bettybarnes00@aol.com

May 2, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Jeff

Piers, How can you waste your talents and CNN's precious airtime on that stupid wedding for those free-loaders. They never contributed anything to the country other than fairy tale crap. Yet the Brits still support them at a tune of billions of dollars. Wake up England ! Kick them out . Use the money you save for "The People" and use the palace as a tourist attraction...better yet.. A Casino ! Btw.. I was fortunate enough to avoid the whole damn thing all weekend..and now the whole Osama death has completely obliterated reruns.....Yeahhh...

May 3, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lorrie

I agree Jeff. The monarchy is such an extreme waste of money. But, I'm thinking Windsor Castle would make a much better casino than Buckingham Palace.

May 3, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. confused777

LOL ,I have to agree with the comment about piers not shuting his mouth when someone else is talking .It's rude and annoying and yes piers work on fixing that. And as far as the royal wedding ,well im disgusted with that family ,the queen that we think is a kind lady is'nt really that kind is she. I mean she was the one that had Princess Diana killed and the other reason being I'm an Canadian our stuipd government still sends them millions a year apperantly for royaltys.So in saying that , that wedding was over rated considering it was paid by tax payers dollars which could have been used for a better pupose just my opinion.

May 4, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Linda Magruder

Thank you so much for your coverage of the Royal Wedding... It was so refeshing to see it through a Brits eyes....I had grandparents from England., so these events are special to me....you were so proud.....so was I. Thanks again..and keep up the good interviews!

May 9, 2011 at 6:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Karen Peckham

Piers a friend of Princess Diana. So PLEASE tell him to look up an old copy of People's Magazine weekly, out the WEEK BEFORE DIANA'S DEATH. The cover reads: "Dodi Al Fayed to die for?" I'm not kidding!

May 9, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Marcia Moneymaker

Piers:
    I loved your informative comments during the Royal Wedding!! Although I'm American, I get goose bumps during the singing of "God Save the Queen"! It was wonderful to have Richard Quest, you and the other Brits covering this historical event.

May 14, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Party invites

Every year is another birthday year and naturally as your kids grow older their interests and tastes change. The type of birthday party or birthday venue your child...san francico bounce house party rentals

January 16, 2012 at 4:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Gucci handbags online

Great paintings! That is the kind of information that are meant to be shared around the net. Shame on the search engines for no longer positioning this publish upper! Come on over and talk over with my web site . Thanks =)

April 23, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. חליפות חתן מעוצבות

It's in point of fact a great and useful piece of info. I'm happy that you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

May 15, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. 10a fuse

Hi there, just changed into aware of your weblog thru Google, and located that it's truly informative. I am going to be careful for brussels. I'll be grateful in case you continue this in future. Numerous people can be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

May 31, 2012 at 10:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  39. four

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation however I in finding this matter to be really something which I believe I'd by no means understand. It seems too complex and extremely extensive for me. I am having a look forward on your next post, I will try to get the hold of it!

February 14, 2013 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. 手機殼

hi is my firt time vt at right here nd iam truly impressed t study all at alone plae. 手機殼 http://www.yoyoshiu.com

May 27, 2013 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply