Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

April 13th, 2011

Whoopi Goldberg's quirks: She doesn't eat food that "could be hiding something"

Whoopi Goldberg is a guest on "Piers Morgan Tonight" this evening, and in a web exclusive, she talks about her quirks – one of which is how particular she is about food. She refuses to eat "anything that could be hiding something."

One thing she really hates? "Creamed corn. I don't understand the point." So how does she like her food? "Naked." Here's more on tonight's interview, including Goldberg's "one really major regret." The full interview airs tonight at 9pmET/PT.

Post by:
Filed under: Web Extra
  1. Owen

Whoopi, we all sang that same old cigarette song, get over it and give it up, you'll never stop thanking your self!

April 13, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Teresa

I agree with Piers, and I've always thought of Whoopi Goldberg as attractive!

April 13, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Aprille

You've got to be kidding !!

April 14, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Tracy

Just wanted to say I LOVE WHOOPI!She has ALWAYS been not only my favorite as far as Hollywood,but as a Humanitarian who tells things like it is!Keepit up Whoopi!If I were ANYWHERE near Broadway,I'd be right front at your show!Whoopi reminds us all that TRUE Beauty comes from WITHIN,and hers RADIATES outwards that makes her even MORE Beautiful than she already is on the outside!

April 13, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. john

Leading off with Trump and his faux ambition is brilliiant, Piers. But he couldn't answer your question about what happens when the media actually begins looking into his background because as contemporary reporting makes clear, this guy is the greatest prevaricator going. What a weird and ironic twist that it is Trump calling Obama out on his background...I guess Trump knows about fabricating a life story better than most. Maybe you'll press him on the point sometime? That's what a good journalist would do....

April 13, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. chrisofbtr

Whoopi said that the one time she got drunk was in New Orleans. She's right, Pre-Katrina Whoopi was Grand Marshall of the Krewe of Orpheus Ball (founder Harry Connick, Jr). She had no idea what to do or how to act. But by the time she finished her ride through the city on her float and rolled up into the Conventioin Center, she had had plenty of wine! She took the mike and from the float greeted her royal subjects with, "Hey! Y'all didn't tell me y'all were doing all of this down here!" I was there. She enjoyed that experience so much that I hear she comes back every year to ride (but with mask). Whoopi is always a genuine person> Love her.

April 13, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Diane

I too love Whoopi, she is a great American!!! I was delighted to hear her say she is an American. I am tired of still hearing Black American when she and the rest of us CITIZENS are AMERICANS, not Black Americans, not Mexican Americans, not Afro Americans, not Chinese Americans, not English Americans, WE ARE AMERICANS. Thank you Whoopie, may life continue to treat you as one of our Great Americans!

April 13, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. ray

One thing that birthers never mention is that John McCain was born in the country of Panama. His birth certificate says the "Republica de Panama" not the Canal Zone. Before anyone tries to defend this by saying the U.S. "owned" the Canal Zone, he was born in a city of Panama called Coco Solo, which was not part of the Canal Zone. Coco Solo was annexed later by President Roosevelt. So, before anyone challenges Pres. Obama, they need to look in the mirror, because the “Tea Party” lives in a glass house

April 13, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Kerry

Just watched interview with Whoopi. As an aussie and being fairly straight forward, its refreshing to see some one in the "Hollywood World", so real and truthful. She must be one of the sanest people there. Common sense opinions and answers and definately not full of herself as so many Americans like to portray themselves as.

April 13, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Mariann Gannon

I am horrified that joy behar would even think of having that unethical, immoral pig who calls himself jerry springeron her show. He is a disgrace to the human race. The fact that he is wealthy because of the kind of sick, disgusting, immoral garbage he even has the nerve to broadcast is unbelievable to me. It is amazing what america will put up with in the world of journalism. "When Jerry Springer is involved, my tv gets turned OFF! CNN, you do yourself a disservice to even host him on ANY of your shows and my longtime respect for CNN goes right out the window!

April 13, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Patricia S. Dumas

Piers Morgan is an incredible bore. Pompous, sef-aggrandizing, and terribly smug, Morgan doesn't have a place here. The show is a tremendous dud. He interrupts, and has a sleazy line of questioning. Really, is this the best you could get, CNN?? At least Larry King did everything– celebs.. non celebs.. crime stories.. everything. Piers knows nothing about American news and interests. Off with his head!!

April 13, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Maureen

I can't understand why the US President Obama is always refered to as a black man...He is Mulatto a cross between black & white....why is the white of his genetics ignored, would it not be a tremendous step in racism to acknowledge the combination of races?

April 13, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Please love America it's all we have.

Where was McCain born ???? Not in America yet no one question his birth.
    McCain was born in Panama (on a military base but still it foreign country ).
    McCain is a white man. Obam was born black in Hawaii this happens to be US soil and not a foreign country.

IT IS JUST SKIN.

April 13, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Please love America it's all we have.

Where was McCain born ???? Not in America yet no one question his birth.
    McCain was born in Panama (on a military base but still it"s a foreign country ).

IT IS JUST SKIN

April 13, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Memphis

One of my favorite Whoopi movies is "Corina, Corina"

April 14, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. DeLoris

Please tell Whoppi to go tohttp://thevaporpro.com/and buy electronic cigarettes! I smoked all my life and found the Joye 510 Labor Day weekeend and have not smoked a regular cigarette since! You will love it!
    I just love you! You are what you see. You are a better role model for young black women than anyone I have seen. I hate seeing black women who profess to be proud to be black and wear white hair! You truly rock!!!! You go girl!

April 14, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Nanci Cogburn

What a pleasure! I could listen to Whoopi for hours.

April 14, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Gary

Just wanted to let Whoopi know someone agrees with her assessment of who should be a role model. Whoopi you nailed it!!

April 14, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Stephanie C

Whoopi has good common sense. You don't find that a lot anymore in very many people especially stars. You can tell she is upfront about everything she is asked and let's things be known. Its not hard to understand why she was hired to give her opinion daily on national television.

April 14, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. SCOTT LIJON

THANK YOU WHOOPI, FOR HAVING THE GUTS TO BUCK THE "PC" CRAZE...I HAVE NEVER CONSIDERED MYSELF "AFRICAN-AMERICAN", AS YOU SAID TO MANY HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIVES TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE CALLED "AMERICAN"...SADLY TO MANY OF OUR YOUNG PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED INTO THIS IDEA OF GIVING UP THEIR BIRTHRIGHT...MY QUESTION TO ALL WHO CAN TRACE THEIR ROOTS TO THE PLANTATIONS AND BEYOND IS: "AFTER RESIDING IN THIS LAND, EVEN BEFORE IT WAS A COUNTRY, WHEN DO YOU BECOME JUST AN AMERICAN?"...OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT IS "AFRICAN-AMERICAN", SOMETHING HE AND I AM VERY PROUD OF.

April 14, 2011 at 4:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. god

Patricia and stephanie c at least u had the gaul to post comments regardless of their particular stupidity.thank u both 4 wasting my time.whoopi is a lesbian we all know that but who cares?piers does and I care enough to blog on this. Whoop, get rid of those shades u look better w/o them.piers u r attempting to live up to a gold standard which is larry king however, why has charlie...that man from pbs not have ur ko
    Job?

April 14, 2011 at 4:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Marge

Are you talking about Charlie Rose from PBS? You should see some of the negative comments he gets.

April 14, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Theatre of Dreams

Piers Morgan, my god America, how unlucky you are to have inherited such a horrendous example of pomposity. Self confessed "deeply inflammatory, angst-ridden, stupendously prejudicial and partisan invective" I really hope you guys have enough intellect to see through this slimy overweight slug. If you're lucky he'll fail over there as much as he has in the UK.

He's so completely out of touch with reality, I predict he won't even finish in the top four.

April 14, 2011 at 5:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Theatre of Dreams

Also, I have to say I'm quite frankly amazed that a company with as much credibility would consider hiring such a vile individual. For anyone who isn't aware of Piers and his conduct in the past, a quick look at his page on Wikipedia, especially the "Fueds" section gives you an idea...

April 14, 2011 at 5:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. gfarkas

I believe what Trump is driving with his questioning Pres Obama's place of birth is the requirement that the president of the U S has to born in the U S, not a foreign country.

April 14, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. PhilB

I have always Loved Whoopi Goldberg all the way back to her Star Trek shows and Nun movies. She is a real person who speaks her mind and I agree with everything she says (and I'm white male 61). Her religious views are Right ON. God is where we need him, not in some building, and I talk with him whenever I feel the need. We don't need any pretend Father or Idol of a saint to talk with Jesus.
    I hope you have her on more often.....

April 14, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply