Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 2nd, 2011

Clips from the royal wedding: The dress is revealed; the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are introduced to the world

Kate Middleton and Prince William wed early Friday morning in front of 1900 people at Westminster Abbey with millions more watching around the world. In the weeks leading up to the wedding the rumor mill was abuzz with who designed the dress. The designer was revealed as Kate stepped out of the car: Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. "The mystery of the dress is over," Piers Morgan exclaimed.

The couple will now be known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Despite all the pressure leading up to the wedding Middleton "hasn't put a foot wrong ... even got William's name right," Piers said. "There is no doubt we have got a new superstar in Kate Middleton."

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live • Royal Wedding
  1. Barbara

Thank you, Piers, for the wonderful coverage of the Royal wedding. I turned on CNN at 4 am, CDST, and turned it off at 11 pm. And I watched you show both Saturday and Sunday. I was born and have lived in the USA my entire life, but I am proud to say that 80% of my ancestors were from the British Iles. I think you are somewhat correct when you say that we in the US do not have a constant person to rally around as you do with the Queen in Britain. Now, tell me why I got goose bumps every time they sang "God Save the Queen". Thanks again to all of you at CNN for the coverage of a day that we could all be happy.

May 2, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Bob

Yes. We have another superstar in Kate. Or as the press like to call her Target No1.
    The press will ruin her life like they do all the royals – just to get a headline for a day.
    And Piers will be first in the queue to help destroy her.

May 2, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. sam

Thank You Bush for getting this started, Thank you Oslama for killing this man. Now where are all these peaceful Muslims. Don't hear Jake from them. Are they in their Mosque Moarning.

May 2, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Kathryn

I haven't heard anyone on any news channel mention this, but I believe the honeymoon plans of the Duke and Duchess were postponed, because word was given to the powers-that-be in England about the plans for Bin Laden. For their safety, they were kept at home for now. I thought it was so strange that plans were change with no explanation. What do you think Mr. Morgan?

May 3, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Victoria Murphy

I loved your coverage Piers & Anderson! It was nice to have someone who actually is British to comment. I love knowing that I have some British blood in me! I have a question for you. Of the carriage ride to Buckingham Palace, each time William saluted, Catherine bowed her head. Was this coincidence or was she bowing? Please tell me about this.

May 3, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Drealm

Hi Victoria, she bowed out of respect to all the lost soldiers. There are several monuments along that rout. The Royals always do that each time they past one.

May 4, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Dre

The wedding was STUNNING and so was Kate. It was lovely to see so many Americans there and so many different nationalities.

May 4, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Virginia Wilkins

I have lived in the US for 4 years but it is still great to keep in touch with home. I followed u on CNN from 4am on the Royal Wedding day and I watch u every evening on Direct TV and want u to kno u are doing a fantastic job reporting on any subject and guests that are thrown at u... Keep up the good work Piers, we love u ... Virginia. TN.

May 4, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. funny pictures

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely smartly written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I'll certainly comeback.

April 10, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Wedding Dress, Wedding Gown, Bridal Dress, Bridal Gown

I've learn several just right stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot attempt you put to make one of these great informative website.

April 15, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse | Reply