READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For May 6, 2011 – Al Qaeda, in web message, confirms bin Laden's death, Obama to meet with SEALs, Tuscaloosa mayor has a message...
• Al Qaeda confirms bin Laden's death in web message: "Al Qaeda released a statement on jihadist forums Friday confirming the death of its leader, Osama bin Laden, according to SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors Islamist websites. The development comes days after U.S. troops killed bin Laden in a raid on a compound in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad. The statement, translated by SITE, lauded the late militant, threatened to take action against the United States, and urged Pakistanis to 'rise up and revolt.'"
• Obama to meet SEALs team that killed bin Laden as terror plot revealed: "As details emerged about a possible attack on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, President Barack Obama was scheduled Friday to meet the men responsible for collecting the intelligence during a raid on Osama bin Laden's compound. The president was to meet with members of the Navy SEAL team involved in the operation, the latest in a series of events for Obama that included a stop at ground zero since he told the world that U.S. Special Forces killed bin Laden."
• April jobs report out; hiring picks up steam: "The jobs recovery picked up speed in April, as business payrolls swelled and the unemployment rate rose as more people returned to the workforce.The economy added 244,000 jobs in the month, the Labor Department reported Friday. That's up from the 235,000 jobs gained in March. Economists surveyed by CNNMoney were expecting a slight slowdown to a gain of just 185,000 jobs."
• Tuscaloosa mayor wants eyes back on tornado catastrophe: "The tornadoes weren't forgotten. The families of the hundreds who were killed in last week's record outbreak that flattened towns in the South, and the tens of thousands whose homes or businesses were damaged, and the many donors and volunteers who rushed to their aid from around the world didn't forget about the destruction, even after the United States announced it had killed Osama bin Laden."
• Home Alone house for sale: Not many people would want to buy a house with a history of being burglarized, but when it's the "Home Alone" house, that's another story. The red-brick Winnetka, Ill., colonial Georgian featured in the blockbuster 1990 Macaulay Culkin movie has just been put on the market and can be had for a cool $2.4 million, reports Chicago's WGN."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
I really like your program. I was hoping I would never see Michael Moore on your program. But you put this guy on ,which I didn't watch. Michael has no knowledge on what is going on in this world. He just talks. Please don't give this guy the air time he wants. He adds nothing to any subject I can think of. Maybe one is how to make money at the expense of others.
May I say I miss Larry King as much as I imagine, CNN does. You folks need to re-think who should host the new show.
First, I have some difficulty understanding the Morgan British dialect. There has to be a great number of talented people
available without any foreign accent – find one. Thank you for letting me air my complaint. Other than that I love CNN.
I love your programme so i want you to remain doing it to tell us what is going on in America $ the world. Osama forget that where the eyes cant reach God sees it so he has gone to recieve his judgement. My people its only the power of God that can exocise the devels power. Peace be unto d World.
I keep hearing that Osama Bin Laden was un-armed when he was killed, So what? How many of the 3000 killed on 9-11 were armed? When they were killed. No Simpathy here. It seems like the Media is trying to make the Americians seem like brutal beasts. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THE TROOPS DEFENDING US.
I would like to know why the supporters of Osama Ben Laden are so annoyed, surely they must be overjoyed as
he is now with his seven virgins, it must be better than living in that prison of a house?
Bin laden ,obviously is out there making terms with the devil-halejuaha there is a god.
Why are some people so blind? Why do they question about killing an unarmed Osama? Why is it not correct to kill this ONE unarmed terrorist? But it is alright for him to kill 3,000 unarmed INNOCENT people ??
It is easy to agree with Glen A Cooper (above) and Double Standards Or What (above). People who question the legality of killing Osama unarmed should open their eyes. Why is it not alright to kill ONE unarmed proven terrorist but it is alright for him to kill THREE THOUSAND unarmed innocent people? Put yourself in the shoes of the Navy Seal face-to-face with this terrorist in his room. Remember the terrorist's team was shown on CNN displaying their karate and judo skills? Now, if YOU (yes, you) were face-to-face with a cornered so-called unarmed killer, HONESTLY tell me you are not afraid he will use his "unarmed combat" skills to grab your gun and kill you and then go downstairs to continue shooting your colleagues! Your mission would have failed because you hesitated. That guy did not hesitate to ram those 2 aeroplanes into the twin towers. Indeed they did not hesitate. It was preMEDITATED murder of whatever number of people who were inside those buildings. He could not care less how many could be in those 2 buildings – all he wanted was to ram those planes in ! Did he stop and think: "ooops! there are unarmed people in those buildings"? Announce this idea in the media. I am sick of hearing people question the correctness of killing this particluar unarmed man.
Notify me of new comments via email.