Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 6th, 2011

Rob Lowe on potential political career: I'm a "true centrist" and "I'd love to serve my country"

Rob Lowe is a guest this evening on "Piers Morgan Tonight" for the hour, and he talks about his career, current and past relationships, the death of Osama bin Laden and more. He has been politically active in the past, and he says he'd "love to serve my country." But one problem – his political beliefs. ""All my political friends said 'oh I'm so sorry to hear that,'" he said. "I'm a true centrist, my beliefs put me in the middle...You knwo what happens to people who drive in the middle of the road? They get run over."

He also talked about his friend, former GOP Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger:

Of Schwarzenegger, he says: "Somebody who could have easily sipped a julep by his pool for the rest of his life, and chose to stand in the fire and do good work."

Watch the full interview tonight at 9pmET.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Charles Harvey

Media and Money Put The person in the White House.
    90% of Candidates that were elected to the White House Had Money and Media behind them, as well as over 80% of the Senate seats.

Here is a site Listing potential Presidential Candidates that Americans do not know or ever know because of Media not interested or they are not well funded or connected.
    listed at: http://2012.presidential-candidates.org/ is a list 23 of formally Declared or formed an Exploratory Committee, or Prospective or Expressed Interest: The potential Candidates given free air time by CNN and all other major Media are: Newt Gingrich, Barack Obama, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachmann, John Bolton, Charlie Crist, Lindsey Graham, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, Donald Trump.

The potential Candidates CNN and other Major Media did not give free air time to: Herman Cain, Gary Johnson, Fred Karger, Tom Miller, Tim Pawlenty, Vern Wuensche, Mitch Daniels, Tim Gay Sr., Charles Harvey, Wayne Allyn Root, Becky Rusher

One thing all possible candidates have in common? They are American.

Things not in common of Candidates that were given free air time:
    a. Have incomes greater than the Middle Class Americans (72%) that is $50,000 or less.
    b. Are well Know
    c. Are mostly from the 2 party system.
    d. Most well funded
    c. Waco or Funny, ( to not try to trump me into giving names.)
    e. Politicians.
    f. Wrote a book
    g. Usually backed by large Special interest groups or the very wealthy.

The Media and lots of money puts the person in the white house. That is why the majority of American Middle Class never had a president from the middle class According Edward Pessen, The Log Cabin Myth: The Social backgrounds of the Presidents, 82% of US presidents were born into families of privileged upper-middle class status or better
    Read more: How many US Presidents came from poor socioeconomic backgrounds? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/44891#ixzz1Lb3EtKlz"how many presidents of the us were from middle class"

What is funny is I entered in the google search; "how many presidents of the us were from middle class" and my Presidential Candidate web site came up. That should tell you something.
    I offer myself, a person living on $2023.00 Social Security, well educated, made many mistakes. My childhood was a nightmare but it made me stronger. I have lived on the streets and gone hungry. My only bragging rights are I real care for the middle class, the poor, the children,the disabled and have done community work for over 30 years. see my web site: http://charlesharveyforpresident.com/

May 6, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. eileen voisin

Every day people are leaving cnn,maybe because its so far to the right it stinks.Piers there was a repu debate last night
    cnn covered the same programs over &over all the same from morning to cooper.I am a democrat living in buffalo with a family member on the democrat side in washington and he could not believe what cnn was doing.Your ratings are so low &they will drop to the bottom as one man said from washington.

May 6, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • charles earl harvey

Piers Morgan is a gentleman of Class. He is honest and has a good heart for all people not just the rich and famous.
      CNN will be smart to keep him..

May 6, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. John Young

He's too star-struck, CNN was a world player, this fluff on prime time is a deterent to your rep.

May 6, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. L.F.

Hi Piers,
    Just watching the show and want you to know that women find you way more attractive than the Rob Lowe type!

May 6, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Lynn

Hi Piers,

So glad you're on CNN at night. Love your hard-line questions and interesting topics. BTW, you are every bit as pretty as Rob Lowe! ;-)

May 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Felipe Pazos

I like it. Ron Lowe would do well as a leader. Real centered guy with his own mind. Proves that brains can come in any package.

May 6, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Max Rodrigues

I saw Rob Lowe last year at Wimbledon (tennis tournament). I was wondering whether he was at the tournament as a fan of the sport? And if so, who is his favorite player and which is his favorite tournament? Thanks

May 6, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Nina Fox

Robert Lowe made a profound and very accurate statement. He stated: "We stop growing emotionally when we become famous" I completely agree and this statement demonstrates his insight.

May 6, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Leena

I just have to say Piers has really come a VER long way since he started this show, he no longer interrupts his guest, Wonderful! It was so hard to watch before when he kept doing that.
    Great Job Piers.

Cheers

May 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. anita johnson

I tho't Piers was fuddy duddy on America's got talent. But I really enjoy his show on CNN now. His visit with Rob Lowe was very interesting tonight. I look forward to more of his shows.

May 6, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. alan schuster

I've watched Piers Morgan three or four times a week since he began his show and have become a little uncertain about the program's ability to keep its guests on a consistently high level of interest. Rob Lowe? Fine for 10-15 minutes, but not an entire show. I'd rather listen to my next door neighbor for that long. And Michael Moore? A buffoon!
    Come on, Piers. Talk tough to your producers and demand better stuff than this. I'll pass next week but try again a little after that.

May 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Andria

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Rob Lowe tonight. Really seems to have his head on straight. One request, Piers. Please stop interrupting and redirecting conversation just as your guests are beginning to open up. Otherwise, love the types of questions you ask. Good job!

May 7, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. TBMeow

I really enjoyed the interview with Rob Lowe as well. And I've seen RL everywhere lately – and am thrilled about that – but this interview had a different edge to it. Sorry but I like the full hour interviews. You get more indepth. I do agree there were a couple times when Piers interrupted or redirected. But not as bad as some. So often they don't let the guest finish their statement/s.
    I recommend Rob Lowe's book btw.

May 7, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Maggie

I truly enjoy your show! Your interviewing skills are superb, honest and entertaining. I especially liked the interview with Rob Lowe. However, what excited me more was the fact that you are a dedicated fan of West Wing. I believe there has been no other series that has had the class, intelect and human interest such as West Wing. I loved Rob Lowe's character! He was articulate and well liked. Too bad he left the show. I wish you continued success Mr. Morgan.

May 8, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Jeremy Mejia

I enjoyed Pier's comments on reality TV shows very mush , because they were controversial and encouraged debate. I was thus very enthusiastic when I heard that that he was going to host a talk show on CNN. But so far the famous guests are only complemented. Is this representative of show business logic, that newcomers should be poked but old-timers adorned? I'm quiet disappointed with Pier's conversations so far!

May 8, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. John

just watched the rob lowe interview and really enjoyed it. great interview piers. rob seems like a very smart cool guy.

May 8, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Patricia

Pierce, you made a mistake, so please think on this one.

Who is more alluring/appealing/ thrilling: Meryl Streep or Brittany Spears? Candice Bergman or Paris Hilton? Jane Fonda or what's-her-name? Men love intelligent and beautiful women, absolutely love them.

May 9, 2011 at 5:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Mary Maude Henry

Oh dear, Pierce, Rob Lowe still looks cute but is such a bore and sooooo together, ugh! At least Michael Moore got me riled up with his frothing at the mouth, his America used to stand for something!!!! Hasn't he read anything about 19th century America?? But Rob Lowe as a follow-up? Yawn. MMH

May 9, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Nana Brown

When will you Piers invite Noam Chomsky on his show? We would love to hear this brilliant mans view on Bush, Chaney and bin laden. We need some smart people on your show.
    Please don't judge Americans as stupid people.

May 9, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Nana Brown

oops!
    When will Piers invite Noam Chomsky on your show? We would love to hear this brilliant mans view on Bush, Chaney and Bin laden. We need some smart people on your show.
    Please don't judge Americans as stupid people.

May 9, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Vanilla

I really enjoyed watching the interview with Rob Lowe. The atmosphere is so cheerful and fullfilling while discussing serious topics. I find no boredom or irritation at all. Instead of decribing Piers Morgan interrutping Rob Lowe, it is accuarte to say Piers Morgan gave appropriate directions/redirections to his guest. Rob Lowe is excellent in interacting with the host as well. Undoubtfully, they are having great time.
    Guess what, all of us have a tendency to talk unstoppably for hours and hours. In an interview, I do not think anyone would like to see and hear the guests keep talking without directions or guidelines. For speech, we need handy note. For writing a journal, we need thesis statement. For publishing a book, we need an editor. For interview, we surely need a host. It is solely because we would prefer to perceive information in an organized manner. Needless to mention clear standpoints. I agree with Rob Lowe's opinion; Pier Morgan is smooth (in asking questions).
    In addition, I am looking forward to an interview with Johnny Depp and his opinion about the reason(s) why Tim Burton and he would team up in a number of great movies in the future. I guess Johnny Depp gives a very interesting interview.
    Is Piers Morgan attractive? Indeed, he gives a very nice British image. Intellegent, bright mind, funny.

May 9, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Queenie604

You're only in your forties? Wow, you must have done some serious livin' in your younger days!

May 10, 2011 at 1:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Hatty James

Some of your readers may well be considering buying a new car, or at least a new used car, but of course, they have to sell the old one first. With that in mind, can I suggest that they might like to look at http://www.wewantanycar.com as this is one sure fire way of getting a good price for their car with littlehassle. Many thanks for allowing this post on your blog, much appreciated.

April 7, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. easy vape

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I've really loved surfing around your weblog posts. After all I'll be subscribing for your rss feed and I'm hoping you write once more very soon!

April 8, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. hawaiian baby woodrose seeds

Just want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness for your post is just nice and that i can suppose you are knowledgeable on this subject. Well together with your permission allow me to grasp your RSS feed to keep up to date with impending post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please continue the gratifying work.

April 10, 2012 at 5:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. badminton shoes

certainly like your web-site however you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the truth nevertheless I will definitely come back again.

April 28, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply