Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 10th, 2011

Chelsea Handler: "I encourage sleeping around with people you work with"

Piers Morgan's hour-long, revealing interview with Chelsea Handler touches on politics, her career and her comedic heroes. But she also talks about love – revealing that she has "properly" been in love twice. Also: "I don't think it really matters if you're in love with somebody and I was. It had nothing to do with him being my boss, it's just how we came together," she said of her former boss and boyfriend, Ted Harbert. "I encourage sleeping around with people you work with. I encourage interoffice romance. "

But she has never been married – here's why:

"It hasn't seemed like the most appealing thing in the world to me," she said about marriage. "And I'm also not that excited to get divorced. So I figured the best way to avoid that is to avoid getting married in the first place."

Watch the full interview – tonight at 9pmET/PT!

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. g money

My two favorites together on one show, no way! I can't wait for tonight! You guys rock!

May 10, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rick

BLECH! BLECH! BLECH! I dont want to see her! NO!

She needs to do her schtick in some pigbottom blues bar in some backwoods banana-yama crappie bar that serves pigs feet outta big ole ugly jars....

May 11, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Emma

Rick, I think you need to calm down and read over your comments and lack of response to them. You are a little too preoccupied in encouraging your inner 12 year old girl. Not everybody needs to appreciate her dry sense of humor but you just look like an ass and you sound horrifically immature and malice. Sorry to be blunt with you but I could not believe the comments and thought that I should give you an outside perspective into the way you are portraying yourself to others. Another thing, your persistence in commenting on her hair is ridiculous. She has thin hair and having heat and chemicals applied everyday is not only environmentally damaging but terrible towards your health. I think she is trying to keep her locks intact as opposed to wearing a wig by the time she is 45 as well as just simply not giving a sh-t about what people like you think. I respect her decision to wear less makeup then most and not constantly having her hair looking like she just got finished with a beauty pageant. I don't think her intention is to make more woman feel comfortable in their skin but indirectly she sends a message of not only promoting self confidence within your natural skin but also not letting tasteless words that people like you spew discourage them. Just some food for thought 🙂

May 11, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! at Chelsea!!!!!!.... I can smell her from here....can you spell....er, um....smell offensive?!

May 11, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rick

omg! your hair really does look dirty tonite! yuck!....does it smell bad too?

to quote you....."i need to get to a space where i'm challenging myself, obviously".......I'm sorry, excuse me while I barf.....

May 11, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Love America it's all we have

Why was Rumsfeld given media time? He is arrogant liar.From The Chaney & Bush Co. They have disgraced the name of our country. We could have attacked Bin laden 10 years back. Did we not attack and kill Sadam Husain, Bhutto, Bin laden on foreign soil did we not?

Why were are service men and women lied to and killed?

May 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anthony Le Pore

Do you mean we could nave him given to s when Clinton? Do you mean when he was hiding in the Tora Bora Mts., it would only have been easy as finding a needle in a haystack, actually more like a needle in 10 haystacks. Rumsfeld never lied, unless Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Biden, Powell,members of the intelligence community and and many other members did also.

May 10, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Yes, please.

I LOVE Chelsea!

May 10, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rick

I HATE Chelsea! YUCK! she cant shuddup! and obviously has no feelings for anyone else, but then, i dont care about any of that....i just dont like here....you getting this Chelsea? I just dont like you, please find another universe to pollute!

May 11, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. cristaal.rozayy

Chelsea Handler, I just think you are the coolest chick ever! Piers morgan is the shizznit too!!

May 10, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Beth

I love Chelsea, Love Piers, awsome. Cannot wait. But only thing is, it just looks like Chelsea didnt wash her hair??? Anyone?

May 10, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rick

yeah, hair is greasy looking.....yuck....blech!

May 11, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Brittney

Who cares if she washes her hair or not!! This chick is awsome and a riot!! She makes her mula w/ or w/out that conditioner. Hahaha and i bet thats what she's doin all the way to the bank! ❤

May 10, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. suck

changed to hannity:)
    more interesting...

May 10, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Rubruck

Piers, how about turning your brain back on, just because you are on CNN please do not sink into the darkness. How about asking Miss C about the Obama poetry party at the White house or the high cost of education with sinking grade levels and low graduation in minority schools?

May 10, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Carmalita

I love Chelsea and I don't even watch her show. Best guest you've had on since you started.... Infinitely better then, say, a kardashian? Rock on Chelsea:-)

May 10, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. mpirrocco

Piers morgan you really suck and have no business being on television. You are a craven parasite that relies on hackneyed techniques of yellow journalism to get your point across.

May 10, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. donna c

Chelsea Handler likes to come off as being smart, however see revealed that she's not as smart as she likes to think she is...I was very disappointed to see how little she knew about politics, she knew nothing specific about politics...only how she felt. Although Piers let her off the hook and didn't corner her, he couldn't cover up where she was really flubbing. Something else I was surprised to see was that she can't handle being the brut of the joke. She likes to criticize herself but when others do it and criticize her, she can't handle it.

May 10, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Gem

Piers ..you're always wonderful! Chelsea Handler is the Queen – just adore her. Excellent interview! ..was a real pleasure to watch. 🙂

May 10, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Mike

I havien't watched a whole Piers show yet and thought I would start. Does he always start speaking before the guest is done speaking? He drew some good things from Chelsea but he missed some as he spoke over her. Seems like he's in too much of a hurry to get to his next comment/question.

May 10, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. karen

piers morgan is the most awkward forced interviewer I have ever witnessed - how did this man land this position - he is terrible.

May 10, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Daniel

Enough on the Madonna wise cracks! Chelsy went on this goosy binge about how rapper 50 Cent was nothing like his image and what a nice guy he was and than ragged on Madonna admitting she never met her. Madonna has done more for charity than these two crass individuals ever will and the fact that they are exploting her major star power for their own personal advantage is disgusting. Enough Piers! Madonna wants nothing to do with either of you. Quit the crass name dropping.

May 11, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Jeanette

Who picked this show as a replacement for Larry King's time slot? I hope they've already picked Piers Morgan's replacement. So many of us watch just because we're used to tuning in to CNN at this time, but we are slowly discovering other television. I thought Piers was totally disrespectful and degrading to Chelsea all night. Chelsea has her arena and what she does is appropriate there, but Piers to try to hold court with her on on his show was disgusting and he did an awful job. I can't believe this man follows Anderson Cooper. Anderson should be insulted!!

May 11, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Inge

That was kinda funny...i don't knwo this woman at all..but i was watching the show and thought...she is like a young Madonna...and then she says she doesn't like Madonna.

Funny.

May 11, 2011 at 7:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Francis S

watched the interview here in the philippines via cnn channel...I totally enjoyed it. I'd say she is very funny and opinionated as always. Piers asked so many relevant questions. Chealsea answered quickly and briefly right. It kept the interview moving to understanding her truly in less than an hour. More please.

May 11, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Daniel

He hates Madonna, he's "good pals" with Sir. Paul Mcartney. Once a sleazy tabloid journalist who makes a living name dropping always a.....

May 11, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Donna

You people need lighten up, Chelsea Handler is a comedian doing what comedian's do during an interview!!!!

May 11, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Janet

WHAT A RIP-OFF!!!!! THE PROMOS SAID CHELSEA WOULD ANSWER EVERYTHING AND SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!! JUST BECAUSE MR. MORGAN HAS THE HOTS FOR CHELSEA, HE LET HER OFF THE HOOK! WE WERE DISAPPOINTED IN BOTH OF THEM, ESPECIALLY CHELSEA, WHO ACTS LIKE SUCH A REBEL AND SHOWED HERSELF TO BE JUST ANOTHER SHOW BUSINESS PHONY. AND PIERS – [...]. WE"VE BEEN HAD.

May 11, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Mlle. Adams

WHy doesn't P.Morgan bump up the quality of the "celebs"? He didn't have the camp feel of Larry and he takes them seriously – which makes the show ridiculous.

May 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Sivany Hovingr

Wonderful web site. Plenty of useful information here. I am sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your effort!

July 8, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. mugenyi phillip joe

hello there how are you and how;s life? thanks for the tremendous work you do in as far as bringing us guests is concerned which however does bring me to the point that, i would love to date Chelsea handler. am 36 years old from Uganda and i would like to be her mail friend. it was a wonderfull interview that you had there with Chelsea handler on CNN and i did see it last night at our local time of 4:36AM. please do let her know that she has those interested in her from Uganda and more to that, she can always send to us the books she has ever written.i love reading books.my email is mugenyi@gmail.com, bye and hope to hear from her soon.

September 29, 2012 at 3:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. couple bracelets leather

d looking through this, very good stuff, regards.
    couple bracelets leather http://amosricardo.aircus.com/couples-promise-rings