Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 17th, 2011

David Axelrod on Schwarzenegger scandal: "It's hard to get to know people"

David Axelrod and Susan Axelrod are exclusive guests on "Piers Morgan Tonight" this evening, and discuss the charity CURE Epilepsy and their family (find out more here). But Pres. Barack Obama's former close adviser also talks about the current Arnold Schwarzenegger scandal. "These are really stunning developments when you hear them," he told Piers Morgan. "I think they're all human beings. Some are flawed, adn so I think we should put our faith in them...but I think it's hard to get to know people. And sometimes stunning things happen, and when they do, I think it contributes to some of the cynicism."

He also talked about whether he wishes he was back in the White House.

"You do miss being in the information flow when these things happen," he said. "And I would have liked to been there the night of the bin Laden mission."

Watch the full exclusive interview tonight at 9pmET.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Christine Trumble

Why are there no pictures of Eliot Spitzer. His personal record did not stop CNN from hiring him. Very hypocritical not to include him in your discussion tonight or at least the montage of pictures.

May 17, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Magda

maybe Arnold can get his own show on CNN-oops, forgot he's a Republican..

May 18, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Lenora

I think the 'biggee' of the Governator's actions isn't so much he had a 'love child' but that he and Maria were part of Camelot, and now he's been torn from the Republican Family Value ivory tower. Had he not been a member of the Family Value Party it would not be nearly the news it is.
    Sympathies to Maria and the kidlets.

May 17, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. suzanne ramos

Please don't have Donny Deutsch on. I can't watch him. He's arrogant, insecure, and totally uninteresting.

May 17, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chris

I think he's fine. I wonder if attractive, successful men are considered more arrogant than the unattractive ones.

May 17, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jan

I firmly agree with Suzanne about your guest. Donny Deutsch has ALL of the characteristics that Schwarzenegger exhibits. He consistently and arrogantly defends this type of behavior every chance he gets. Why did you choose this male chauvinist to be on your show tonight. As a woman, I am insulted.

May 17, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Panda

I can feel as the Axelrod Couple I have been 10 years without seizures (sp) My 3 types of pills have kept me gooing.

May 17, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • David

Glad you're better! A terrible thing.

May 17, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Kelly

Thank you for discussing epilepsy on your show!

May 17, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. David

For the love of God, Stop interupting people in mid sentence!!! Piers is a terrible listener.

May 17, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Marge

Yes, Piers is tense and interrupts too often. It diminishes my enjoyment of the show.

May 17, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Christine

The Axelrods have done so much in the way of research and donations through CURE. I am one of those people who's seizures are not controlled. I understand the suffering and want for a cure. I can only hope that cure will come soon.

May 17, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. jennifer

Thank you for having a discussion about epilepsy. I wish it could be on TV more often to help others understand it better. I've donated to CURE and think they have a great website. David and Susan have done a great job bringing it to others' attention. Keep it going! Thank you.

May 17, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Katie M

I LOVE what I am hearing! Powerful men can't control themselves with women, morals are irrelevant and power goes to a man's head. PLEASE say we are now getting ready to let women take over and deal with some potential PMS...? I have NEVER heard of a single case of blackmail involving a woman's period. Just sayin'

May 18, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Katie M

BTW, Piers, his is NOT a "good" man. What is your idea of a "good man?"

May 18, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Carol

I want to add my thanks for bringing the subject of epilepsy to light on your show. We need more discussions like the one with the Axelrods on TV so that those who are not living with epilepsy will have a greater understanding of what it is and what those of us who have it and our families deal with everyday. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Let's keep the conversation going.

May 18, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse | Reply