Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 18th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Hilary Rosen on Schwarzenegger; David and Susan Axelrod on their daughter's epilepsy

Last night Piers Morgan brought on a panel of experts to talk about Arnold Schwarzenegger's scandal. Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen is a friend of Maria Shriver's and shared her thoughts on the situation. "She wanted to make sure that whatever happened they knew first and that they were protected," Rosen said of Shriver's children. When Schwarzenegger ran for governor of California in 2003 he was accused of sexual misconduct with several women. Rosen said "he worked extremely hard in that campaign to deny charges." Donny Deutsch posed the question, "When are we going to stop being shocked when men of power, when men of stature, when men of fame also chase women?"

Piers also sat down with David and Susan Axelrod to talk about their cause, Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE)...

The Axelrod's daughter, Lauren, has epilepsy which caused them to want to learn more about the disease. "It put tremendous pressure on us," David said. "Epilepsy not only affects the person who has it but it has a tremendous impact on the rest of the family."

To learn more about CURE and to get involved go to their website Cure Epilepsy.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Catherine

Love to have Dr. Drew on, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach (Huff Post)- re latest -immature and behavior scandals-
    how this behavior is wrong, not normal, just unacceptable, indulgent immature validation seeking,
    impoverished sense of morality, at tremendous and shattering cost to those closest.
    It's a terrible message for children, young adults and an against the norm choice of a grown adult-
    who self indulges abusively, secretly, leaving others to pick up the pieces, for a life time.
    Dr. Drew and Rabbi Boteach, seem voices in the wilderness of an indulgent pop culture that
    glorifies young girls dressed as campy women and tolerates immoral behavior against women from grown, powerful men.

May 18, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Sue

As an adult whose had epilepsy for 39 yrs. along with 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my absence and complex partial seizures. I can see where America needs to have much more research and medical treatment for others with epilepsy. Seizure drugs don't always work sometimes a person can be drug resistant like myself. The U.S. take to long to get things going for research. Since 2005 in Britain they have had the mirochip A to put into a person to keep the brain cool and stop seizures but here in the U.S. we still have to wait another 2 yrs. if not longer before this type of surgery can be done according to my Epileptologist. Cell phones are triggering seizures for many people today and the increase of epilepsy is on the rise. We need to start helping other people who have epilepsy and our gov't. needs to get on the move before more people pass away from severe epileptic seizures. Also employers need to treat people with epilepsy equally.

May 18, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. muazzamhamisu

scandal is a scandal if only its known in a public, among the people of america the people that have no scandals are not morethern 20%, means most of mens of stature have such ascandals but because its not known in the public people are still erspecting them, please leave arnold to take care of his sick daughter.

May 18, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. MacZig6

I am a person surviving with epilepsy. When I say surviving, I mean just that! I have to go to a clinic called Clinica Hispania #2 & the doctors do their very best to treat me but its mainly just level every 6 months & prescriptions. That's all they know to do, they are not neurologists. I have no insurance, every time I try I can't get coverage for epilepsy & my coverage is too much for us, because prescriptions costs are us $500, plus doctor visits & blood work, forget CT's that's a never. Things are just getting worse as I get older, my Mom is affected the worst because my little sister has passed away & now the worry is with me. I am destined to die if I don't get proper treatment or a cure. I have new changing symptoms all the time, but my doc can't do more than he already does. Thanx for helping get the message to the country, MacZig6

May 19, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Mary Pratt

Well, that just goes to show it happen to the best and well as the rest, " Know one is exempt from trouble or heartaches and pain, never put all your eggs in one basket. Love but let the air breath between you and them so the wind can push you on"
    a few seconds ago · LikeUnlike.

May 19, 2011 at 6:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. portia davis

you guys made the rules and you try to tell your children to do right but you are doing just the oppisite you well known stars get away with any thing you get in trouble with the law but yet other have to surffer for your mistake love is a joke to most men, in other wordes all men are dogs in my book you have no idea what love and honor mean. LADIES YOU DON'T NEED A MAN TO MAKE YOU WHO YOU ARE. ARNOLD GET A LIFE

May 19, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. căn hộ hà đô, chung cư hà đô, hà đô nguyễn văn công, hà đô gò vấp

Terrific paintings! This is the kind of information that are meant to be shared around the internet. Disgrace on the seek engines for no longer positioning this put up higher! Come on over and discuss with my site . Thanks =)

August 1, 2012 at 3:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Đất Xanh Sunview 3

Its like you read my thoughts! You seem to grasp so much approximately this, such as you wrote the book in it or something. I believe that you just can do with a few percent to force the message house a bit, however other than that, that is fantastic blog. A great read. I'll definitely be back.

January 17, 2013 at 4:55 am | Report abuse | Reply