Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 19th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Nugent on guns, America: "Anybody that wants to disarm me can drop dead"

Rocker Ted Nugent joined Piers Morgan last night to talk America, guns and rock & roll. Nugent thinks things are wrong in America. "I don't like about America is what is being celebrated in politics," Nugent said, "where instead of being the best that you can be we seem to be engineering more and more safety nets which creates, encourages, and rewards an uncaring disconnect."

Nugent thinks that anybody that wants to disarm him "can drop dead..."

"Where you have the most armed citizens in America you have the lowest violent crime rate," Nugent says, "where you have the worst gun control you have the highest crime rate." So what does Nugent want to see America do about guns? "What I want is the second amendment."

Piers also talked with two lawyers to hear there thoughts on how they would handle a case like Dominique Strauss-Kahn's. Alan Dershowitz, author of "Trials of Zion," said "one never feels confident at this stage of a case." Criminal defense attorney Roy Black thinks there is only one defense in this case "and that's consent." Black emphasized, "you've gotta be aggressive in these cases."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. ndTimmy

This interview with Nugent made him look like the idiot he is. That's just weird you know!

May 19, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Eric

Gun related crime has increased while gun contol has increased. How can you argue differently? Use logic in your arguements and not emotion. The real fault is the parent that raised this child or did not seek help for a child in need. This 20 year old killer was raised by a failed system. If not by gun, this person would have killed someone, somehow. Whether 1 or 20, whether children or adults, life is precious. A gun did not commit this crime, a person did it and would have found a way to execute their plan with a legal weapon or an illegal weapon. Stop government weakness and irresponsibllity. Demand leadership and not contol. Demand parental responsibility and not avoid true blame. Ted is correct that we have the right to own firearms just like we have the right to religion and freedom of speach.

December 15, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Rob

Thanks for not taking in lying down with Ted (wing nut) Nugent. I only wish you pushed him more on the issue of if you are so patriotic then how can you rail on the president they way he did

May 19, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Shirley in Texas

I I never was interested in him in the 70's but I did hear from others that he was a druggie too! I've always found him disgusting.

May 19, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Stanno

"I did hear from others that he's a druggie too." Hahaha!. GOOD ONE! There went all your credibility out the window in just ten idiotic words. You might as well go on home now, everyone knows you ain't done your homework
        AT ALL. HAHAHAHA. Yes, good one! You're a riot!!!!

January 10, 2013 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Guile

Dissent is one of the most important forms of patriotism. I guess all of the people who railed against George Bush (and rightfully so) are unpatriotic as well. Not everyone is going to agree with what you believe, but standing up for that belief takes immense courage.

May 24, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. RocknrollHeart

it was so funny to see Ted Nugent scare Piers Morgan last night..How dare Ted tell ppl that he never did drugs, I saw him wasted in the mid-seventies..The show was funny nonetheless.

May 19, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Pat

Does anyone else, besides himself, think Ted Nugent is intelligent?

May 19, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Shirley in Texas

Ted Nugent is one ignorant pig! He's about as unpatriotic as it gets. It was sickening to hear him talk about all he had done for the military! What a load of crap! Also, rocknrollheart.......Piers wasn't scared of this freak. I think he was shocked, but he stayed right in his face as graceful as possible. If he ever came near me I'd spit on him. What I can't understand, is why you would have such a mentally ill creep on your show. Hope you had good security there, lol! By the way, love your show.

May 19, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jeff Rupert

Shirley, You probably spit on the Vet returning from Vietnam. Who is youe mentort, jane fonda?

May 19, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Stanno

She'd spit on ya. Unless you happened to walk up on her being molested by a gang of thugs and you happened to have your concealed weapon with ya. Then, I guarantee, you would be "just alwright". Reasoning with these people is like trying to lead an Angus bull down a spiral staircase. As another well known rock star once stated, "you can't argue with a sick mind".

January 10, 2013 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. gord

i think teds still got some coke stuck in his nose

May 19, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Dawn

Finally Morgan had someone good on! Maybe your trying to pull up ypur ratings. Keep working at it CNN.....

May 21, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. BC Cure

I think Ted Nugent is an idiot, and wish you had pressed him on his total lack of patriotism. You must have realized how futile it is to argue with sheer ignorance (and complete "ignorants"). I think we can let him have his Second Amendment rights, and all the guns he wants. He can protect his life and property - as long as he does it ON HIS OWN PROPERTY! We should not let these fools take their guns in public. Protecting Americans in public is the province of police, not individuals.

May 22, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Guile

The police will protect you? When seconds count, the police are only minutes away! Thank you sir, but I'll keep my firearms to protect myself.

May 24, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Bill Murphy

Funny, most of you would allow yourselves, or your loved ones to be sodomised, butchered , etc. all for your your love of some left wing B.S. no guns no crime, sad. I'll be you think that pedophiles can be reformed, as well as your nanny state idiocy. Your scared of what the "Nuge" stands for, common sense, as well as standing up, using your second amendment. Or would you chuck all that away in the name of political correctness. You people are pathetic.

A proud Canadian, turning things back.

May 23, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Coggs

Give heck Nuge. Way to educate.

May 24, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. the Boodge

The problem with liberal is that they have no COMMON SENSE! Everything run by liberals is a DISASTER, look at Detroit for starters, then look at the country as a whole!

May 24, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. bill

ted is as crazy as a republican can get but i wish i didnt leave my gun at home and had it in my car where it belongs when i'm traveling, my wife and i wouldn't have been forced from our car at a stop light and mugged. id have my wallet, shed have her purse, we'd have our car and my son would have his baseball equipment that was in the trunk. by the way, both my wife and i have a CCW permit and ask me if ill EVER be dumb enough to leave my firearm at home again!

July 7, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Proud American

Why does almost everyone think Nugent in unintelligent? Sounds freaking smart to me. Anybody that wants to take our guns should drop dead. Its our right. The founding fathers would be discussed with what America is becoming

November 22, 2011 at 4:23 am | Report abuse | Reply