READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For May 22, 2011 – 89 dead after tornado in Joplin, Missouri, CNN exclusively obtains email from Strauss-Kahn, Diddy changes his name again...
• 89 dead after tornado in Joplin, Missouri; death toll expected to rise: "A tornado that chewed through a densely populated area of Joplin, Missouri killed at least 89 people as it tore apart homes and businesses, ripped into a high school and caused severe damage to one of the two hospitals in the city, officials said Monday." Follow the live blog for the latest.
• Strauss-Kahn reveals frustration in e-mail sent to staff: "Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who resigned last week as head of the International Monetary Fund in the face of sexual assault charges, told the fund's staff of his "profound sadness and frustration in having to leave under these circumstances" in an e-mail obtained by CNN."
• Pawlenty launches pre-campaign video: "On the eve of his formal presidential campaign kickoff, Tim Pawlenty pre-announced his candidacy in a video promising to "try something different. I could just tell you the truth." It was no secret that Pawlenty was making the announcement Monday in an event in Des Moines, Iowa. But Pawlenty pre-empted his own moment with the video released late Sunday on his website and on social media, declaring, 'I'm Tim Pawlenty and I'm running for president of the United States.'" In case you missed it, Pawlenty told Piers Morgan April 12 he was running for president.
• Taliban and Pakistan reject speculation Mullah Omar is dead: "The Afghan Taliban forcefully denied reports Monday that their leader is dead, dismissing them as "claims and rumors" from the "Kabul stooge regime's intelligence directorate." Mullah Mohammed Omar "is alive and well and is leading the Mujahideen in all aspects while living safely with reliance on Allah," spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said. His statement came after suggestions that Omar might have been killed recently."
• Sean 'Diddy' Combs changes his name ... again: "How many names can one man have? Rapper/entrepreneur/actor/whatever else he wants to be Sean Combs started in the game as Puff Daddy before becoming known as Puffy, Puff, P. Diddy and finally, Diddy. Now, for one week, he wants to be known as 'Swag.'"
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Please help provide information on where I can call or who of someone I know in Joplin, MO. I have been calling her and the number just rings. Very concerned. Older woman, widow and lives alone. Need to contact her to help. Thank you.
Is there a list of the missing or anyplace to check for those found?
Earth Changes are coming. They will grow as the days pass and there will be no place on earth that will go unaffected by them. They are coming because God is getting tired of looking down upon man's evil day in and day out. War without end, murder, thefts, lies, fraud, sodomy, adultery, cruelty to children, maltreatment of the poor, medical experiments on unsuspecting and poor, devil worship and witchcraft. These are all reasons why God allows and even directs these things to happen to men. So next time you see a disaster and ask God why, you will understand that there is a simple reason for it. Evil will not be allowed to continue for much longer.
Robert Babb i wonder what country will offer help because the USA and Canada are the first to offer help to all country i need
- Caryn, you are right. That is what Andrew told me about the X's now that you mention it. I tolatly agree that it is definitely important to be praying for all those affected, and also for the people helping with the cleanup. It is obviously a slow and daunting task, but one that is imperative!
People of Joplin...do not rely on FEMA or the Red Cross for assistance. Rely solely on yourselves, and neighboring communities for help. FEMA is a farce, as evidenced by all their botched operations in recent disasters. As your president (notice I didnt capitalize that) sips guinness, WE THE PEOPLE will pull it together to help. That's just how we do it in the ozarks. Go home FEma. Thanks.
My heart aches for all the citizens of Joplin, as this is so very devastating! I know that we cannot change nature, but I keep wondering if there isn't something that could be done to assist in locating people that may still be alive but buried under the piles of debris. Dogs are absolutely wonderful at helping to locate citizens that are covered under debris, but I am wondering if we had a "special alert whistle" that people could purchase for each family member to wear around their neck as soon as the tornado warnings go out. Even children know how to blow a whistle if they are in trouble...just a suggestion!
This coverage of the Joplin incident is lame. Constant footage of wreckage is redundant. Expose the inept government response and corrupt politicians figuring out how to get kick backs already!
Piers was interviewing Sam at the scene in Joplin. Sam stated that we cannot regulate building houses strong enough to withstand an EF4-5 tornado b/c it is too expensive to build. That is totally false and total misinformation. A shotcrete dome home is MUCH less expensive than a conventional house and with the right windows can stand up to an EF-5. It is also VERY attractive. Here is the link: http://www.monolithic.com/
Kruse Yeah, it would've been ideal to have a resolution. Definitely. But it was a dadeline narrative. The photog and I talked about the resolution issue when we set out that morning to find someone looking for a missing person. That was the risk. And we agreed that a lack of resolution could be part of the story neat endings just were not happening in that chaotic situation. The search for Skyular and many many others was impossible and frustrating. And as I write, the baby has still not been found, not officially. But the story has gotten even more complicated: various distant relatives have claimed the baby is in the morgue, only to be contradicted by others, to the point that even the mother doesn't seem sure. At first, the baby was not on the official missing persons list. Then yesterday, he was added to it. So, hard to imagine, but an ending seems no clearer almost a week later.
First i send all my prayers for the people in Joplin. I was watching Piers Morgan asking is this normal to have Tornado's, Earthquakes, and other weather occurances like this. That are so distructive. A few years ago i heard that they we're going to send a two ton bomb to the moon in search of water. Now i'm not a scientist, but it seems strange that after they did this we've had horrible things happen with the weather. I think when you bomb something that controls our weather , tides. and gravitation then bad things happen. We will never know the effects this has caused, because it will never come out in the news. I don't believe that all the tests they conducted on earth before they did this would prepare any of the scientist for a true outcome or ramifications it would have on Earth. I think this was an insane idea, and i do belive it has something to do with things that are happening now. I may be wrong, but it's a thought.
Obama shut down the weather forecasting satellites that could have warned people of this disaster, and saved lives.
Is Obama a liar or insane?
I was recommended this website via my cousin. I'm not positive whether or not this put up is written through him as nobody else know such specific about my trouble. You're amazing! Thanks!
they plan to rebuild. They are looinkg for land and a new location. No doubt they have adequate insurance, and if they don't Sister of Mercy has money out the wazoo.There are many people in Joplin that either lost their home or their business, or both. These are the people that built Joplin, they need the help.A Hospital will always be there, and trust me, their billing department will be up and running as soon as they lights come back on.
Notify me of new comments via email.