READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For May 22, 2011 – 89 dead after tornado in Joplin, Missouri, CNN exclusively obtains email from Strauss-Kahn, Diddy changes his name again...
• 89 dead after tornado in Joplin, Missouri; death toll expected to rise: "A tornado that chewed through a densely populated area of Joplin, Missouri killed at least 89 people as it tore apart homes and businesses, ripped into a high school and caused severe damage to one of the two hospitals in the city, officials said Monday." Follow the live blog for the latest.
• Strauss-Kahn reveals frustration in e-mail sent to staff: "Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who resigned last week as head of the International Monetary Fund in the face of sexual assault charges, told the fund's staff of his "profound sadness and frustration in having to leave under these circumstances" in an e-mail obtained by CNN."
• Pawlenty launches pre-campaign video: "On the eve of his formal presidential campaign kickoff, Tim Pawlenty pre-announced his candidacy in a video promising to "try something different. I could just tell you the truth." It was no secret that Pawlenty was making the announcement Monday in an event in Des Moines, Iowa. But Pawlenty pre-empted his own moment with the video released late Sunday on his website and on social media, declaring, 'I'm Tim Pawlenty and I'm running for president of the United States.'" In case you missed it, Pawlenty told Piers Morgan April 12 he was running for president.
• Taliban and Pakistan reject speculation Mullah Omar is dead: "The Afghan Taliban forcefully denied reports Monday that their leader is dead, dismissing them as "claims and rumors" from the "Kabul stooge regime's intelligence directorate." Mullah Mohammed Omar "is alive and well and is leading the Mujahideen in all aspects while living safely with reliance on Allah," spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said. His statement came after suggestions that Omar might have been killed recently."
• Sean 'Diddy' Combs changes his name ... again: "How many names can one man have? Rapper/entrepreneur/actor/whatever else he wants to be Sean Combs started in the game as Puff Daddy before becoming known as Puffy, Puff, P. Diddy and finally, Diddy. Now, for one week, he wants to be known as 'Swag.'"