Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 25th, 2011

Gayle King describes the feeling post-finale: "Oprah was so ready for this moment"

Piers Morgan talked to Gayle King – right before she made her way to the huge goodbye party for Oprah Winfrey and her staff.

"She's feeling great, and everybody else is too," said King. "Oprah was so ready for this moment. She really was. She got up early, she did a little meditation. And she only really lost it at the end." Watch the FULL Oprah tribute show, with King, Lisa Ling and Suze Orman, tonight at 9pmET.

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. noella Maehl

Gayle really showed her style tonight. How she expressed her feelings and the feelings of Oprah. So glad you had her on your show, now I know who Gayle is. A very caring and loving person, as is Oprah. No wonder they are best friends.

May 25, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jonathan J Tibbs

I would love to promote Oprah's new channel 'OWN' when the time is proper ... I am very proud of all she has accomplished ...

Jonathan J Tibbs

May 25, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Larry

She should get the nobel peace prize beacause she was all about peace & then some.

May 25, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jonathan J Tibbs

Also, when you have a guest, it is their show... there is one word that made Larry King successful, he LISTENED, let your guests tell a narrative ...

Jonathan J Tibbs

May 25, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Aprille

Hed also interrupted his guests from time to time.

May 25, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Gary Younnger

I thought it would be difficult for anyone to follow Larry King. But I hand my hat and congrats to Mr. Piers Morgan for having pulled it off with great style – great job all around. He DOES listen – that's how he comes up with those provacative questions. I was disappointed with the Oprah tribute today with Gayle however, not for content – but more so for personal reasons because it reminded me of a situation where I reached out and she could have helped. I understand to, that millions are reaching out and she can only help so many. No doubt either that Oprah changed peoples lives and was likely to be as generous as lauded; that she leaves a lasting legacy of substantive work. That's why I thought it would help if I sent her a manuscript about my father's survival of the Holocaust – given that special she did with Elie Weisel, I was hoping she'd understand my dilemma. I wasn't asking for any consideration other than a referral to a reputable agent for a true story called "The Last Train to Auschwitz". I sent the mauscript to her attention with a sealed letter with the hope that if she felt it worthy of publication she would make that referral. The package was returned with the letter unopened. She's clearly been generous to a great many – including an entire audience she gave Volkswagons to. I'm wondering if she was aware of the irony – after visiting Aushwitz herself with Mr. Weisel – and handing out free cars, a model comissioned by Hitler, like she was handing out candy. I've heard many a great things about Oprah Winfrey, especially lately since she's signing off now and many of those she's helped are coming forward to thank her as a result. But I've been disappointed.

May 25, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. ANGELA

PIERS MORGAN'S FIRST SHOW W/OPRAH AS HIS GUEST WAS HIS "BEST"...SHE WANTED TO HELP HIM GET HIS FIRST START W/HER HELP..SHE WAS RELAXED & SO WAS HE...SHE HAS CLASS, CHARACTER, INTEGRITY,& WHAT A SPIRITUAL PERSON ! WHEN GOD MADE OPRAH, HE BROKE THE MILD !..

May 26, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Mona Alexander

I would like to share a heartbreaking story from the Joplin, Mo. Tornado Sunday pm. Randy England and his friend Dennis, went to home depot in Joplin to get materials to work on a home improvement project. Randy and Dennis were in the lumber department when the storm hit and had been asked by store personnel to please move quickly to the front of the store. Randy England and Dennis (Last name unknown to me) were making their way to the front when they came across two (2) kids standing in the store scared and crying. They threw their bodies over the two (2) children to protect them from the debris. They paid the ultimate sacrifice; their lives; to protect two (2) children they didn't even know. Randy and Dennis's bodies were found in home depot Tuesday afternoon, still protecting the two (2) children who survived. To me these two (2) men died TRUE HEROES and I am proud to call them Friends. Thank you Mrs. Mona Alexander 417-776-6524

May 26, 2011 at 3:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Femi

What a great woman she is. She has set an exemplary role for all that are willing to follow her footstep. God bless you Oprah. Wishing u a peaceful and wonderful days ahead.

May 26, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. sandra

I don't think they wil find another oprah. she was great, and i think that it will be a long time before they even get someone on tv and do a talk show. and when they do, it won't be on for long, they will go through about 500 people before they find that special person.

May 27, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Vincent Tortsugh

Such a gifted woman.I was your fan and i am going to miss your show so much.May the path ahead of you shine brighter and better. God bless you Oprah!

May 28, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. TERRI

DO NOT KNOW WHAT CHANNEL OWN IS IN DETROIT, MICH ...WILL KEEP CHECKING..

May 28, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Angel

"little more than a stage set for The Big O's ego"That's an pretty uinnkd characterization of a quite remarkable act of personal generosity. I'd say of all the things Oprah could do with her fame and wealth, funding a new school for underprivileged South African girls to the tune of $40 million is deserving praise, not contempt.

April 5, 2012 at 1:16 am | Report abuse | Reply