READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For June 1, 2011 – Palin meets Trump for pizza; Obama meets the GOP to talk debt ceiling...
• Sarah Palin's bus tour made its way to New York City last night, for pizza with Donald Trump: "It’s something of an unusual detour for the bus, which has kept to a strict itinerary of historic sites like Mount Vernon and Independence Hall since it began its tour on Monday. The tour, according to Palin’s website, is designed “to educate and energize Americans about our nation's founding principles, in order to promote the Fundamental Restoration of America.” She remains in New York City today.
• President Barack Obama is meeting with the GOP today: "President Barack Obama is scheduled to meet with congressional Republicans on Wednesday as part of the administration's ongoing debt-ceiling and related budget negotiations. Vice President Joe Biden has been holding similar talks with a bipartisan congressional delegation in recent weeks."
• Rep. Anthony Weiner continues to refuse to answer questions directly related to the lewd picture tweeted from his account, and had a heated exchange with CNN's Dana Bash yesterday: "The Capitol Police and FBI told CNN they're not currently investigating. The website biggovernment.com, run by conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart, first reported the photo of a man's lower body in underwear being posted on Weiner's Twitter account in connection with a tweet to a Seattle woman."
• The Endeavour space shuttle landed early this morning – just one flight left for NASA: "The youngest of the shuttles retires after 25 space flights. During 299 days in space, Endeavour orbited the earth 4,671 times and logged almost 122.9 million miles, NASA said. It first went into service in 1993."
• The Casey Anthony murder trial continues into its second week of testimony: "The murder trial of Casey Anthony continues Wednesday, a day after a friend testified that Anthony was growing more frustrated with her parents around the time her 2-year-old daughter disappeared. Amy Huizenga on Tuesday told jurors that the two were previously close friends and that Anthony complained frequently about her parents, particularly her mother."