READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For June 2, 2011 – Romney in New Hampshire to launch official White House bid, new food pyramid to be released and Shaq calls it quits...
• Massachusetts twister claims 4 lives: "Rescue workers went house-to-house, building-to-building early Thursday searching for survivors after tornadoes cut a deadly and destructive path through western Massachusetts, officials said. At least four people were killed and 40 injured when at least two tornadoes touched down in portions of Springfield, Mayor Domenic Sarno said." If you have photos or videos from the storms, please share them with CNN iReport.
• Romney to launch second White House bid: "As Mitt Romney makes it official, it appears to be all about the economy and about New Hampshire. But the man who many considered the early front-runner in the race for the GOP presidential nomination will have to share the spotlight on the day he officially jumps in the race."
• Unemployment tops 400,000 for 8th straight week: "The number of Americans filing for their first week of unemployment benefits stayed above 400,000 for the eighth week in a row last week, a sign of continuing weakness in the labor market. In the week ended May 28, 422,000 Americans filed for their first week of unemployment benefits, the Labor Department said Thursday."
• Food pyramid will be replaced today: "First lady Michelle Obama and several other officials will unveil a new food icon Thursday to replace the food pyramid, the symbol that showed us what a healthy diet looks like. The new symbol "will serve as a reminder to help consumers make healthier food choices," the White House said."
• Shaq tweets he's retiring: "NBA star Shaquille O'Neal appears ready to hang up his size 23 basketball shoes after a 19-year pro run that saw him collect four championships and reach fifth on the league's all-time scoring list. "I'm retiring" and "Shaq ooout" was posted Wednesday to his Twitter account, which also links to a video in which he talks of his intentions."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
What happened to the show with Bill Maher??????
Are you going to ask Mitt Romney about the companies that Bain Capital bought, took all the profit from, fired the employees and then let the company go bankrupt such as Ampad which is detailed in this link: http://www.politicususa.com/en/romney-administration-economy
Looks like the story of the guy in the movie Wall Street that stole the American workers pensions, but with the further twist of sending the jobs overseas. Looks like they ruined the company and the jobs it provided and made a great profit for themselves all within 8 years, the same amount of time he would expect to be president. Another link on the subject: http://www.massresistance.org/romney/ampad_062607/index.html
I'll be back for more great posts
Notify me of new comments via email.