Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 7th, 2011

Ann Coulter on 2012 GOP field: Romney will "probably be the nominee unless Christie jumps in"

Ann Coulter is a guest on this evening's "Piers Morgan Tonight," and talks about the potential 2012 GOP presidential nominees Mitt Romney and Chris Christie. "The problem with Romney, that a lot of people have...is Romneycare," she tells Piers Morgan. "I still think he'll probably be the nominee unless Christie jumps in. Christie is pretty stunning."

What about Sarah Palin? "I wouldn't if I were in her shoes," said Coulter. "I think it would be the worst job imaginable, both running and holding the office." Watch the full explosive interview tonight, 9pmET/PT – as well as more of Piers' sit-down with Romney.

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Shawn

Changing the channel can't stand this moron.

June 7, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sue

Very disappointed with Piers that he would ask the question and not let his guest answer without interrupting. It was exhausting to watch. I think this was Peirs method to cause confusion. Piers you were very disrespective and not who I thought you were. You were no gentlemen.

June 7, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • KBA

Sue, I am totally in agreement with you! I am not a fan of Ann Coulter's but I felt Piers was rude, overbearing and intentionally set out to humiliate her. I was so tired of listening to him talk over her that I came very close to changing the channel. It was unfair to a guest who should have been allowed to be heard.

June 7, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
      • colleen

Totally agree. i am not a huge fan of Ann Coulter's either, but Piers is now totally rude in my book, and Ann was "his guest". What a joke that was. Maybe he's part of that mob mentaliity Ann talks about in her book. I won't be watching Piers, or CNN any longer. Piers is getting a direct letter from me telling him to learn some manners, or go back from where he came! colleen in arizona

June 7, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
      • Yvonne Jones

I AGREE WITH YOU SUE!!! Piers is a completely typical rude and clueless dumbocrat!

June 8, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
      • EricVonZipper

Ann Coulter is a particularly difficult guest in that she won't really respond to a question or rebuttal, and simply resorts to the same points over and over. It's appropriate for Piers to push for answers, and with Ann, the only way to do that is to interrupt and remind her of the point being raised.

June 8, 2011 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
      • Yvonne

By the way, I LOVE ANN COULTER!! She's absolutely amazing. She always stands her ground....love her!

June 8, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
      • chance

I loved the fact that Piers exposed Ann as the crazy lady that she is today. I loved the fact that Piers asked her to give her opinion about republicans without using the worrds "liberal" or "democrats" in a hateful manner. Ann said that she could not do that. I liked when Piers asked her if she wakes up screaming "there is a liberal in my room". He called her out by telling her that she makes up this theory that all liberals are extremist and far left. He called her out when she said that the left wing liberal media was protecting congressman weiner. He was right in saying that democrats are not trying to protect congressman weiner. If Ann wants to scream her "psycho babble" then she should stick with "hannity" and "o'reilly factor" on FOX news....She should stay the hell away from unbiased reporters like my main man Piers....

June 8, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
      • Gary

Ann was determined to push the theories in her book, without having to defend them with facts. Piers was merely probing in the only way he could to force her to defend her position. Most interviewers would be content to merely "report" her views; but Piers, being a real interviewer and not just acting as a publicist for her, tried to get her to defend her what she says in the book. This was very difficult for him to do because she did not want to defend it, but only wanted to give a series of sound bites to him.

June 8, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
      • GT

Ann Coulter is so loud she could broadcast without a cable news hookup or microphone. The Tea Party follows her around as we see in this blog and what specs of daylight she leaves for an opinion or question they shout down. I thought Piers was billiant and what is wonderful he, unlike Coulter, doesn't need me or anybody else telling him that. What is she afraid of that she has to shout down everything, run in a heard of megaphones and has one size fits all answers that really circle back to her problems more than the person she is constantly attacking. She makes a mockery of not only who she is attacking but of what she represents. She is like the Grateful Death and their dead head groupies. When she says something stupid we have no sense of humor she met it as a joke. I must admit I found myself laughing at her pretty hard last night and think I saw some laughter in Piers eyes too.

June 8, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
      • G H

Piers, you're the Shakespeare of interviewing!

June 8, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
      • cobb

HEY PIERS....Pack Your Crumpets & Take Your Pathetic Opinions Back To Where You Came From.

PIERS MORGAN: ANOTHER REASON NOT TO WATCH CNN

June 10, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Armando

I was very disappointed with Piers. Why have a guest if your not going to let them speak. Last time I watch this show.

June 8, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • megan

Grow Up ! This crazy woman is just trying to sell a book. Right on Piers !!! This woman is so revolting ! Thank God Piers had the balls to call her out on her BS.

June 8, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
      • brad

Piers was the best I have ever seen him – and miles ahead of any TV host (far ahead of Larry King) – who would have known. RIGHT ON – stay the course Piers and welcome to the top of your game

June 8, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
      • Jeanne

I agree. I won't be watching this show again.

June 9, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Yvonne Jones

Piers appears to be a typical CNN liberal hack! How RUDE to Ann Coulter!!!!

Liberals are just fn control freaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank GOD they are going to lose again in 2012!!

CNN is just one notch above the wackos at MSNBC!

NOTE TO CNN: GET A BETTER STAFF!!!

June 8, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • CJ

I just finished watching the interview with Ann Coulter. I was curious how Piers Morgan would interview a conservative Republican after watching his interviews with other individuals from across the spectrum. I was sorely disappointed as he was arrogant and kept throwing questions and opinions at her with no interest in allowing her to answer questions. Totally unprofessional. I have seen some of his interviews and am generally unimpressed. His treatment of Ann did not surprise me. I would have thought a reporter would be unbiased and just ask questions but I guess not. I miss Larry King!

June 8, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • megan

This Ann Coulter person is clearly an ego maniac. GREAT JOB PIERS !! She is revolting !! She needs to be called out on her actions and her commentary. As a public figure ... a role she clearly enjoys ... her comments are suspect to inquiry~!! All she is trying to do is sell her damn book. Thankfully .. I cant even recall the name of her damn book.

June 8, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • jerry

It's about time someone neutralized and befuddled this woman. If you don't believe everything they spit out apparently you are just dumb and stupid. Now she will go back to her familiar territory and rip on Piers. Up next bring on Hannity and Rush. I'm starting to like this guy more.

June 8, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark

I have tried hard to determine how I feel about Piers. I get that many guests are controversial. And while I even don't agree with some of Ann C. comments, I thought the interview was poor and somewhat unfair. This may have turned me off this show for good. Rest of CNN is great !

June 8, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • M. Heartman

Great job Piers ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! She rips into others personal lives but won't answer an honest qustion about her own. The first time I've seen somebody deal with Ann the way she deals with others. Keep askiing the tough question even though they go unanswered by people like Ann & Mitt.

June 8, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Yvonne

Chance: I LOVE THE FACT that Ann Coulter exposed Piers for the LIBERAL WACK JOB THAT HE IS!!!

Their RATINGS just went down after tonight!

Phony liberal wackos!! I WOULD NEVER DATE A DUMBOCRAT/LIBERAL....THEY ARE TOO STUPID!

June 8, 2011 at 2:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. garnet rogers

Ann Coulter is on..I'm turning you off

June 7, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Winston Fredericks

He naikled Ann in every place but her tongue and forehead.
      If she weren't such a harridan, she would not be turning so ugly for a 55 year old.
      The women who object here are those who are aging.
      Even Bill Maher who admits to giving her the old in and out and being friends with her once, says she is just too much to take.
      The nexr story is about effeminate boys. She should drink what that kid is drinking. She is definitely not a sissy girl.

June 7, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

So much for the tolerant 'Left', well tolerance is a four letter word to most progressives and liberals.

June 8, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. RMC

Oh goody...it's a comedy tonight! Ann you're hysterical!! You should hook up with Ted Nuggent.
    SIX minutes in and stupidity prevails.

June 7, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Nina Fox

Thank You Piers...
    finally someone is not allowing Ann Coulter getting away with crap! Keep up the good work!!!

June 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pam

Right on! Finally, someone who's willing to ask this woman some real questions. And to those of you who think Piers was interrupting her, he wasn't...he was just trying to get her to answer and not go off on some rant about something else. This was the first time I actually listened to anyone interview her. She usually gets her own way and the interviewer totally backs down. This was GREAT!

June 7, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lutz

I totally agree with you on this. Tonight., Piers Morgan proved to many of us that he is a solid journalist and that woman made absolutely no sense, as usual, confirming that she is as truthful as her long eye lashes.

June 7, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • colleen

a "solid" journalist? Oh, that's funny! ha ha..........doesn't even let a person answer a question. He needs to go back home and learn some manners!

June 7, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
      • Yvonne

"solid journalist"??? hahaha! Yeah right! I love the way "LIBERALS" claim they believe in free speech....unless it's a conservative. Just look at all those liberal colleges...! Free speech my @#$$$

THANK YOU ANN COULTER for always making me proud! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

I would have punched his hypocritical face!!

June 8, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
    • thordowens

I agree-PIers at least challenged her. But someone needs to correct her American history. Democrats began to get the black vote because of FDR and the New Deal. Southern bigots began to desert the Democratic party when they started to stand up for poor people and civil rights. JFK and Lyndon Johnson knew that they were risking losing Southern Democrats by backing civil rights. The bigots went to the Republican Party, and the rest, as they say, is history.

June 8, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Kmatayka

Give me a break! You must be one of the people who accused others of being racist, or being a bigot because they didn't vote for the joke of a president we have now. I'm a moderate and dislike a lot from both parties. I did not vote for Obama and i was called a racist for going to a McCain Palin rally. My parent are republicans and they are not bigots and I resent what you imply. I make it a point to educate myself by watching multiple news channels, and reading various articles. Pierce Morgan is a rude person and should respect the people he chooses to have on his program, not attempt to belittle them. I won't be watching again.

June 8, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  5. joe

This woman is nothing but the Paris Hilton of politics. She can not answer a question in an intelligent manner

June 7, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. PR

Your hysterical guest has the worst glue job of false eye lashes EVER. Every time she blinks, you see the glue. It is all that captivates me as she babbles her BS. Take your book and shove it you narrow minded imp.

June 7, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. John

I'm with you guys and turning the TV off completely. I'm all for differing opinions, but Ann Coulter?!? What can she possibly add to intelligent conversation?

June 7, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • concerned

I agree – OFF button for Colter..........

June 8, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. keb

She is such a moron, so stupid, and ignorant. Tea Party being smarter that liberal? she is a joke.
    I can't stand her. I can't believe people even read books written by morons like her

June 7, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Catherine

Stupefying. Best for Ann Coulter to keep talking...the adhominems, the logic, the premise, the conclusions fall apart. The French Revolution....:.) good grief. Perhaps it's the shrieking? Entertaining. And always excellent interviews. Love the Show Piers.

June 7, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Moonie

Ann Coulter is nuts. Who cares what she says why give her a voice She
    doesn't think democrats should speak because they will create a mob?

June 7, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Mary

Ann Coulter is a extreme right wing psycho who blames all the problems of the universe on democrats and liberals. Not only is she nuts but she is ignorant of the facts on most issues. My dog has a better grasp of reality and is way less offensive!

June 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. JEREMY SPARKS

Piers, so disapointed that you have coulter on your show, why dont you ask her about her comments on the widows of 9/11 being so overjoyed about their husbands deaths and enjoying the money.... the whole time all she can talk about herself is she has a book, someone buy my book. ask her the hard hitting question of what the heck was she thinking slamming widows whos relitives died in the most horriffic way under the bush administration. where does she get off saying anything.

June 7, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Z_lady

Why don't you call for once, someone intelligent to be your guest on the show?

June 7, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. PR

Enough of this idiot. I'll go watch THE VOICE. It isn't much, but it is better than Anne's voice.

June 7, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Stef

I am frustrated that Piers is giving Ann this forum to throw out trash in a speedo swimsuit, without any facts to back her erratic statements. Again, I am reminded of the shallow-minded followers she feels compelled to maintain, who think her hair and shoulders make her credible.

June 7, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

What do Progressives know about Facts? Nothing, they only promote propaganda and conjecture to support their twisted view of the world.

June 8, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. S. Morrison

Thank you, thank you, thank you, ....for taking it to Ann C. Great job!!!!!!! Don't let up!!!

June 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • John Belbeck

Are you serious? I'm no particular fan of hers, but this interview was disgraceful. Piers, you're in over your head. Frankly, your incessant interrupting and vapid reasoning were embarrassing to watch. I'm not sure you're aware of how you came off, but you're intellectual stock just went down. Way down. Did you really believe that throwing out arguments without context was going to be persuasive? Next time, do your homework. Debate her thesis with some level of maturity and grace. You're better than this.

June 8, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. John F

Thank you Piers!!! Finally someone has the skill to show that Ann Coulter is an idiot. It is the Conservative mob that we should be afraid of! Piers you are brilliant!

June 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. writeitalldown

Thanks Piers for standing up to sanity! Wow. Talk about some defensive people. Sarah Palin forms her words and thoughts well? Really?

June 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Yvonne

"standing up to sanity"? hahaha!!! liberals are such idiots!!

June 8, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. akalue

Oh geeze, too bad she's not sleeping now. What a loudmouth! Changing channel.

June 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Julie

Piers, why don't you stopped interrupting your own guest. You ask a question and don't allow Ann Coulter to finish answering. You may learn something and why are you defending liberals? Ann Coulter is right on about the media and bias showing through.

June 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Marnie

You are a fail, and make no sense whatsoever :) how is Ann C good in anyway? She's retarded. I know more about politics and I'm 12.

June 7, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • DugFmJamul

What's the color of 'Blue'?

June 8, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  21. Lisa Burke

Piers very rarely do I comment but Ann Coulter is so vile, stupid and out of touch. This isnt a political statement but as a woman I am embarrassed to think she represents my voice in anyway.

June 7, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Chris

Ok, I love Ann, but here is what I got out of the interview. Ann didn't get enough Wiener this past weekend and clearly she wants more Wiener. Please Pierce for the love of God give this woman some Wiener!!!

June 7, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Mary

Great job with Ann tonight! I love seeing her squirm!! Thank you!

June 7, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Jeff

From my humble at-a-distance position in Canadaland, I've heard about Anthony Weiner quite a bit when I look at U.S. media, but have only heard about this Breitbart (sp?) guy once.

June 7, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Exodus

I cannot believe such stupidity is allowed on tv these days. Honestly if she thinks that Sarah Palin is even close to a good choice, then she certainly is moronic. How she can be so foolish is difficult to comprehend. Piers, you definitely messed up by putting this woman on your show. I don't see how, or why but trust me, i will not watch anymore of this crap.

June 7, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Will Wrench Turner

It's a shame when Coulter placed the housing/loan crisis blame squarely on the Democrats, you couldn't have shown the following clip from Bush's 'Home of our own' speech:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8&w=640&h=390]

June 7, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. emerstonian

Piers, you have done an excellent job letting Ann shoe the world just how much of a quack she really is! Normally I don't care what she has to say but she is so full of herself, she can only talk about her book!
    Don't beleive everything you read" she says...as she promotesd her book...total quack job!!!

June 7, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. kathy from peoria az

This women is nuts. I can't stand her. She blames every democrat or liberal for what is wrong in this country. This is why we have mob mentality because of people like her. Get her off the air!!! She is full of hot air!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

In America Democrats are the 'Mob' and they support 51% of the vote to force US to do whatever the Government wants US to do....TYRANNY!

June 8, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Bandit

The only good thing about the show is Piers putting the bimbo in her place. Why does CNN insist on bringing this right wing moron on.

June 7, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. NJ

What a whack Job. Everlything is the Democrats fault because they are stupid and Rebpublicans get me. It's even the democrats fault when Rebublicans are in office. LOL Her answer for everything is send the liberals to Gitmo. Even polite Piers was astounded.

June 7, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

Democrats have control the U.S. Senate since 2005, there are 19 Democratic Senators with over 20 years of service compared to only 8 Republicans. The more seniority the more power Senators have to control 'Committed'. U.S. Senators on average actually serve longer than Lords from the English Parliament and Lords are born into their office.

June 8, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. RG

For me personally, this interview has firmly established Piers Morgan's journalistic talents. Any living person who can so calmly endure the firestorm that is Ann Coulter is deserving of respect. Piers is patient, doesn't lose his cool, and asks some tough questions. Of course, we see more of the same from Coulter: a whirlwind of logical fallacies uttered by a woman who has yet to discover the concept of the "inside voice."

Well done Piers!

June 7, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Mary Jane

She is so biased i can't even believe she can talk about biases. Obviously her IQ must be one digit. She cant see that she hates Democrats so much that she can't even see her own foolishness. I'm actually disgusted by her. Please never do this again Piers. I'm switching the channel.

June 7, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. pwa

what is up with coulter's eyelashes? looks like they are glued on backwards...ugh..looks awful. it's amazing how coulter loves to tear into liberals but won't even engage in answering questions from Piers....funny when she doesn't have control of the interview and can't babble on and on about nothing

June 7, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. codi

Find it interesting that you never interupt Mike Moore but you keep cutting in on Ann. Like your show but now know where you stand....Ann isn't my favorite but for this independent you are too left for me!

June 7, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Brion

I think I am one of the "Liberals" she likes to quack about...but I am certain in my case she has a great deal wrong. I am not stupid, irrational, unable to articulate a question, or generally a "follower". I am interested in hearing varying opinions...just last night I enjoyed the piece with Mitt Romney. I found him likeable despite my opposing perspective on many issues. Ms. Coulter, in contrast, is most abrasive and it is rather a sad waste of her talents for her to carry on as she does. She is generally articulate, and cognitively intelligent by most indicators. Her thing seems to be "sensationalism for (monetary) profit". She is not alone in that career choice, but I think she is willfully ignorant about the implications of spreading her brand of pointed, hateful commentary...the license it gives to those that she gets "ginned up" to perpetrate malice and hatred on others. She perpetrates the exact model of mob mentality that she (repeatedly and shamelessly) mentions to write about in her latest book.

June 7, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Dittobugs

That was the best interview Piers! You asked her direct questions, and the questions about herself, the more defensive she got! Wow! So revealing! Typical in that she keeps focus on everyone else but turn the mirror on her and she can't back away fast enough. No depth.

June 7, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Fanfaron

Coulter made Morgan look like a blithering idiot. Way to go, Ann!!!!!!

June 7, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. liz

Ann you are great!!! Look how agitated Piers is. I've never seen him interrupting a guest this much. He can't stand up to a person with real intelligence

June 7, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

Finally a person with great insight and character, unlike those seditious progressives who want to undermine our Republican form of government with democracy!

June 8, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Anthony M Italiano

Thanks for standing up to this idiot. She makes no sense.

June 7, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. S. Morrison

Now go after Mitt. He's a jerk, go get him Piers!!!

June 7, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. judy

What a bad-mannersd, ignorant red-neck this woman is. Every politely-put question from Piers is interrupted by a yelled objection. She's awful!

June 7, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Toni

First off, Piers Morgan is the best TV host on TV. He is superior in every way from his predicessor and others in his industry/genre. I loved the story with Anne Coulter. He held he own and even got some glimpes into her life and what she is made of. Good job.

June 7, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dan schober

Right on! Piers showed Coulter for what she is-a blithering "demon" from the right.. She certainly can't hold her own with a talented, educated interviewer. She refers to herwself as an "author" with some pride. I doubt she even writes that stuff. Probably has a :ghost". DWS

June 7, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Susie

Piers you are an idiot!

June 7, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Bill

That was Awesome!!! Piers DESTROYED her! Loved it!! Thanks Piers!!

June 7, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Todd

Is it piers' job to destroy his guests? How sad. Why invite her if you are not going to let her speak. Disgraceful Piers, whether you like Coulter or not. Your job is to get your guests opinions not to insist on your own. You want to do that have a show like Glenn Beck where you have no guests. A now ex fan.

June 15, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Elaine F. Burnett

You held your own Piers, but why bother having such trivia on your program. There wasn't an ounce of "logic" in anything A. Coulter said. Buy the book? Never. Read it if given to me? Never. Please don't keep your word to invite her back. Just say "NO".

IIf you had stayed quiet, I don't think the interview could have lasted to the first commercial break as A. Coulter has nothing logical to say. A squirrel is a squirrel; a nut is a nut.

June 7, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Aruna Motha

The moment she said "sarah palin is highly intelligent" you know this woman is retarded. Not only that she has a huge chip on her shoulder – all she wants is publicity. She is one of the most vile people in this country. I actually tend to have more feelings(good)towards Sarah palin than AC...urgh:(:(

June 7, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. melanerd

Every time this woman lets loose with her rabble rousing rhetoric and gets called on it, she claims she's misunderstood, after all "it's just a 'joke". According to her the Tea Partiers are the only ones that get her 'jokes' and that is how she knows that the majority of them are highly intelligent. Sounds like 'someone' (ahem) is quite full of herself, yes? She actually believes that she is amusing? She's frightening in her intense belief in her powers to 'amuse' the intelligentsia.

June 7, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. D Steele

Piers you were just owned..... I have never seen an interviewer that is so inept....

June 7, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. KBA

I love watching Piers but tonight I felt he was really overly obnoxious and petulant. I don't even like Ann Coulter but he was positively rude and obnoxious to his guest. It was so bad that at one point I almost turned the t.v. off. It was just getting to be too much. Why would you bring someone onto your show just to attempt to beat that person down in front of your viewers? If you ask a question, you should be polite enough to allow that person to answer. I felt as if you bludgeoned her verbally. Does that make you feel like you've won some sort of contest? I wanted to personally stop the interview. It was just too much and not interesting at all. I wish I had actually gotten to hear her answers instead of Piers's yammering over her attempts to respond. Poor form, Piers. I expect much better of you.

June 7, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  50. jodie green

I watched Pier's interview with Ann Coulter. It is impressive that CNN should have a host that can show such strength on the issues all the while be able to ask pointed and tough questions. His ability to ask these questions stem from the audience not knowing his personal opinions or bias. He can't be challenged because he asks the question for the questions response, not to elicit the response he wants.
    Good choice....CNN!

June 7, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  51. Ted

I don't know you bother to have guests, since you seem incapable of allowing them to answer questions without interrupting them over and over. Also, if you have guests on your show like Ann Coulter, you ought to be at least as intelligent as they are.

June 7, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  52. sharmila

Great interview with Anne Coulter....finally someone is asking her the difficult questions.

June 7, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  53. Tim Florida

Piers, you got a lot of gnooch to act as you do tonight, you did not give the lady a chance to answer anything you asked , now you have Romney on and your going to attack him, just another British lackey put out by the deomocrats to do a hack job, Your job is not to create the news..remain an impartial talk show host or seek a new gig... Oprah has an opening call her!

June 7, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Mike

I loved it, no easy fox type questions, she is going home one mad lady. you can just here her walking out telling people thats not going to happen again. Piers you made my night thank you and yes I agree with the comments above.

June 7, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. Mel

It would be better if you interview people who have made significant contribution to the world.. Something that would inspire people to do good in this evil world..

June 7, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. Joseph B.

Possibly he most unlikeable person in America (a comment she'd happily smile about). Who would want to talk or even spend time with this miserable nutbag? She's a revolting sideshow that only shows up on mainstream programs when she's pushing one of her books.

June 7, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  57. Mike

Tim Florida – did you listen to her? She needs to REPLY when asked a QUESTION, its a Q / A session not Coutler on Coulter if you want that turn to FOX the IQless station. .

June 7, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. kathy

Great job putting Coulter in her place! She's crazier than ever but you did a good job of making some good points against this whacky conservative...loved it!

June 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  59. Andy hajducky

Terrible show, you wanted to jump into bed with Ann and jump down mitts throat. You are really bad, bring Larry back from the dead, he is a class act.

June 7, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  60. Coulter_is_a_hip'ocrit

She is laughing (I mean tossing her golden locks) all the way to the bank.

June 7, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  61. Miriam

Couldn't help but notice that the examples Coulter emphasized to represent Democratic corruption were Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton while avoiding the very real and current points that Piers argued. Those old scandals (not found to be criminal, BTW) are hot-button, mob-igniting examples that prove her theory of mob mentality, but not in the way she intends. So glad Piers brought her on and exposed her, yet with enough reason and ethos to bring her back. Keep bringing her absurdity to the public eye. She needs to be seen by people who don't adore her. And maybe those who do adulate her will begin to see the fallacies.

June 7, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  62. Maria

Hopefully everyone sees Coulter now for who she really is....conservatism at it's worst. Thanks Piers for exposing her and giving America a look at her for who she 'really' is!

June 7, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

You don't even know what 'Conservatism' is, how dare you speak against it....back to your cave..back now.. I say back!

June 8, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  63. tahoeadvocate

Morgan needs to let his guest, no matter who he/she is, answer questions. I don't tune in to listen to him, I want to listen to the guests. I give up as he won't shut up and let them talk.
    Let me know when you replace him and I'll tune in again.

June 7, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  64. S. Marsch

Piers, You are my hero....you are the first person I have seen that "handled" crazy Ann Coulter. She was way out of her league trying to side step you. WOW She certainly gave us an accurate idea of her intelligence by voicing her endorsement of Palin as a possible presidential candidate. Embarrassing for women. Coulter's adams apple has always made me wonder about her "origin".
    Great interview, Piers, keep up the outstanding work. Thanks

June 7, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  65. cecile

Piers you are so irritating! Let Ann finish a sentence/point before cutting her off. Rude. George S was so much more effective with her on GMA this morning. Keep it up and I'll stop watching you!!!! I have never emailed s talk show until today. That's how irritated I am with you.

June 7, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  66. Deb

Bravo Piers! Ms. Coulter can dish it out in toxic truckloads, but cannot take it, nor answer simple questions, or own/explain her rhetoric! I Appreciate that you confronted her nonsense and didn't allow her to babble her way out of it!

June 7, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

Why is Obama a Socialist bent on undermining our republican form of government?

June 8, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  67. Vanilla

Piers Morgan did an excellent job in confronting Coulter! No one wants book hard sell in an interview. Why couldn't she talk about her opinion in person. Her jokes aren't funny at all. They are scary. It is unbelievable in hearing someone giving good comments about Sarah Palin. Her dressing is 'demonic'. Was she trying to compete with Weiner's 'nice body' image? ......just kidding :D

June 7, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • colleen

maybe Piers should go back home and learn some manners; at least let someone answer a question; and he's an interviewer / journalist? just proves to show that he probably agrees with the whole "mob mentality". We all know CNN Is liberal anyway! come on! take it at face value!

June 7, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  68. cecile

Piers you are so irritating!! Let Ann get her point across before cutting her off!! I might atop watching you after tonight. You gave the unintelligent Jesse James all kinds of time to get his useless point across but the highly intellectual ideas Ann wants to share are stifled. You stink!!.that was a horrible interview.

June 7, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  69. Michael J. Flynn

Ann Coulter made another one of those famous, not intended to be a factual statement, statements that are so popular now with the propagandists when she claimed falsely that the NY Times obituary of Ronald Reagan devoted 80% of its content to the Iran-Contra Affair. Not even close to true. People interested in facts need only visit the NY Times web page and read for themselves while at the same time thinking for themselves.

June 7, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply

Is Obama a Socialist?

June 8, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • William Weibel

A cursory scan of that NY Times obituary reveals that maybe one tenth of it dealt with Iran Contra, which seems only fair, since it dominated the headlines of 1986-87 and made Ollie North a TV star. Again, Ann Coulter holds the Times up as a bogey man. The obituary was thorough and extremely complementary towards Reagan. Here's the link for anyone who wants to read it. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/06/us/ronald-reagan-dies-at-93-fostered-cold-war-might-and-curbs-on-government.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

June 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  70. bonnieb

LET THE GUEST SPEAK!!!!! You SHOULD be asking the QUESTIONS and NOT giving your own view AND TALKING OVER them, so no one can hear their views. YOU ARE SO RUDE!!!!! We don't want to know YOUR OPINION, we are watching for your guest's opinion. SHUT UP!!!! SHUT UP!!!! SHUT UP!!!! SHUT UP!!!!

Did you hear anything here, over your own voice and opinion?

June 7, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Larry Dudley

I've selected you as the representative poster child for those on this blog who erroneously believe that Piers had any obligation to appear deferentially cuddly to the rattlesnake-like Miss Coulter. He had no such obligation. Coulter's obvious goal as she herself expressed it, was to shill her latest right-wing screed. Piers called her on it fairly. His show clearly is not to be used as a 30 minute free commercial. Discussion of the context and history behind her work has everything to do with fair intellectual discourse, and Coulter should and does know that. Piers simply out-classed her intellectually. If we blindlly accept any fool thing that pops out of Coulter's head that will sell her latest book or political agenda, yet not call upon her to defend it, then we become less competent as citizens and erode as a nation. Just look around and see how dumbed-down America has become. We become intellectually degraded, sloppy thinkers when we allow spin doctors such as Coulter to flame-throw political catch-phrases at will upon us rather than demand of her solid reason, supported in open debate. If Ann Coulter and her right-wing ilk, or demagogues of any ilk, can not stand the heat of honest and fair intellectual discourse, then vacate the kitchen forthwith!

June 8, 2011 at 1:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  71. W. Whoolery

Rarely watch Piers Morgan Tonight, but thought a give and take between him and Ann Coulter would be fun. This was the worst interview by anyone I have ever seen. Morgan is a arrogant, self-important, small-minded bully and an intellectual midget. Why would anyone be interested in his caustic opinion on American politics? He can't even vote!

June 8, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

'Dear Piers' was out of his league and he knew it from the moment Ann Coulter flipped back her long blonde hair....

June 8, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  72. Mike

One hopes that some stupid liberal will run over the desperate Coulter as she leaves the studio.

June 8, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  73. Terry

This woman is a nutcase.

June 8, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

Why because she made 'Dear Piers' look like a school boy from 'Harry Potter'?

June 8, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  74. Randal

Way to go Piers! I have been waiting for years for someone to show Ann Coulter as the fool she is. Don't sweat the comments about your having been rude to her, she has made a career of talking over her opponents, not giving them a chance to answer, always changing the framing of the question. While I don't believe you were rude at all, it was good to see her get a taste of her own medicine. Thank you for pointing out that she cannot make a statement without bashing the
    Democrats. Now, can you really help America, by making a fool out of Rush Limbaugh! Thanks.

June 8, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

Are you on drugs? Piers was schooled by Ann and your 'Dear Piers' wasn't even in the same league as Ann Coulter. Democrats like most Progressives and Liberals don't have a grasp on reality and live in the land of OZ!

June 8, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • rsw

Randal – so sad are you. Her book is about Liberals – what else was she suppose to talk about – she was invited to discuss her book -ABOUT LIBERALS and then was sabotaged and attacked by piers. In fact, tonight he employed a very common tactic by people that find it impossible to have a respectful debate on issues they THINK they know all about. He asked her leading questions about the book (LIBERALS) and then attacked her for trying to answer. MSNBC has ratings, i believe, in the 70 or 80's – CNN is rated about 31 and FOX NEWS is number 2 and has millions more viewers than all cable news channels put together. Wow, get some intelligence Randal. Know your facts before you sound off – i bet you have not read one of Coulters books or heard one program of Limbaughs. I am definitely politically down the middle but your admiration of Piers performance tonight tells me all i need to know about you. I bet you would have loved it if he had gotten up and thrown a chair at her – i bet you watch Jerry Springer. Your comments are so typical of liberals that it is no wonder why there are many, many books on the best seller lists, including all of Ann's, that are conservative – no liberal authors on the list. He called the tea party people "stupid" – come on randall, how immature can one be – CNN should be ashamed – they used to be the #1 respected news channel and now we have the display tonight – it will not be long before he is fired.

June 8, 2011 at 2:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  75. Alton

Ann Coulter is an idiot. How could Morgan be rude to her. I think she was the one who is rude. Her continued inflamatory writing is evidence. CNN should have never had her on. Pure nut!!!!

June 8, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • DugFmJamul

Alton, what is the color of 'Blue'?

June 8, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Alton

why don't you tell me!

June 8, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
      • Larry

You sir, seem to be a complete fool. Smoking the "tea" at your Tea Party again?

June 8, 2011 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
    • DugFmJamul

If you don't know what the color of blue is, why do you think your opinion matters?

June 8, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Alton

You know, I was thinking the same about you:) However my opinion began to matter the minute you commented. It's sad to say (and please don't take this personally) but you remind me of the idot (Coulter) who was on tonight! Having said that, have a great night and please get better talking points, and more education wouldn't hurt either....:)

June 8, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
      • Larry

You sir, seem to be a complete fool. Are you smoking "tea" at your Tea Party again?

June 8, 2011 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
    • DugFmJamul

The point of this exercise was to demonstrate how Progressive can't answer simple questions without evasion and deception...thanks for proving my point!

I hope you don't vote!

June 8, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Stacy

Alton, your comments were spot on! Ann is SUCH a fruitcake! She needs to get out a bit...I guess that's what happens when you are a Republican who has such tunnelvision, living in denial, as well as living in your own microcosm. She has such an obsession with hating Democrats, who are not perfect either. But I thought we as individuals were supposed to have individual thought and hold ourselves accountable for our wrongs.

June 8, 2011 at 4:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • DugFmJamul

Sell your nonsense to Charlie Rangel...

June 8, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  76. Yvonne

Piers appears to be a typical CNN liberal hack! How RUDE to Ann Coulter!!!!

Liberals are just fn control freaks!!!!!! Thank GOD they are going to lose again in 2012!!

CNN is just one notch above the wackos at MSNBC!

NOTE TO CNN: GET A BETTER STAFF!!!

June 8, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  77. DugFmJamul

Piers Morgan was out of league with Ann Coulter, she schooled him on so many issues that 'Dear Piers' was a verbal punching bag to Ann's onslaught to his feeble questions.

The best line was when Ann's said Democrats are evolving their standards so today when a Democrat kills a women by drowning because of a car wreck, the Democrat will at least take responsibility. Resigning is because of bad behavior is still something foreign to Democrats.

June 8, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  78. Michael Smith

Well done Piers. I am glad that someone does not net a very confused and vindictive person to have the platform to speak without being held to answer some very simple questions. This woman has been drinking the Republican cool aid and now is a complete addict. I am not a democrat and even to me she sounds like a fool.

June 8, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • swb

try reading her books – yes, she is sometimes brusque and abrasive but even those who hate her the most, cannot deny her intelligence, analysis and successful books – i can always tell by the comments who have read the books and who have not. the interviewer tonight was on the attack and i do not believe anyone who is truly being honest would deny that that was his goal from the start – i was acturally embarassed for him – he wanted to demolish her and tried his level best. He did the same thing to rommey the night before. people just will not continue to watch this crap on CNN. The producers have gone down the wrong road and better fix it before everyone in America switches the channel.

June 8, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  79. DugFmJamul

The only reason I watched 'Dear Piers' is because Ann Coulter was his guest, and boy the phoney liberal from across the pond did not disappoint me, he was hit in the head by Ann on so many times I sure he doesn't know what hit him.

DEMOCRACY EQUALS DEMONIC and indoctrinate Progressives and Liberals just can't seem to understand the concept...ha...ha!

June 8, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  80. Bonnie Miller

I have been watching Piers Tonight, since he took over the position. I have noticed so many times he is very rude to people he is interviewing. He asks questions, then interrupts and does not let them speak. He is more about "I". Ask your questions and listen to the answers/comments before moving on and acting as though you do not really care about the answers to things you ask. Give some value to your questions.
    I thought you were especially rude tonight and I almost turned the channel. I am disappointed. Seemed like you were pretty professional, at first. Maybe you could review some skills from Larry King.

June 8, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  81. Christine

I cannot tell you how disappointed I was in Piers. I don't like Ann Coulter because she is too far right for my tastes (I'm more Centrist). I was really hoping you would show her some humility and take her down a peg or two. But when you said that not many in the mainstream media tried to protect or take care of Weiner I was stunned. Maybe you just don't watch the news but my husband and I do. We switch between CNN, MSNBC and Fox in hopes of getting closer to the truth. CNN and MSNBC along with the mainstream media totally rallied around Weiner (of course we know that Fox didn't) and most of the newscasters implied that this Breitbart (spelling?) could not be believed "based on his track record." I don't know much about this guy so what has he lied about in the past. Give me some facts that I can look into and verify. What track record was Piers referring to? But finally when Weiner admitted to his tweets then suddenly CNN, MSNBC and the mainstream media reported the truth and not conjecture. How am I suppose to believe any news organization when the facts are manipulated so much. I was hoping that CNN could stay in the middle but that's not the case.

June 8, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  82. Lary Dudley

BRAVO!! BRAVO PIERS!!! Never have been one to write to any TV show but I was so moved by your deft shredding of the book-shilling gambit Ann Coulter thought she was going to hair-flip her way through, that I had to write you. It was ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!! How adroitly you sussed out her shallowness and concomitantly illuminated the real opinions of the Republican right. Ohh..It was a thing of beauty to behold. Please keep up the intellectual rigor. First time viewer by the way.

June 8, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  83. Keith

Piers–

I generally like your interview style. I generally can't stomach Ann C, though I'm as conservative as they come. I was done after about 5 min–switched to Discovery Ch.

You really disappointed me with your unveiled contempt for people who resonate with the very authentic grassroots movement known loosely as the "Tea Party." I didn't catch your exact characterization, but you clearly assume them (all of them, apparently) to be of diminished intelligence.

Not all intelligent people think they need to engineer a fail-safe society for the presumed dull among us. Not all intelligent people are so smug to assume they can. Any large-scale movement will have elements of the mob, but you vastly underestimate the sophistication of a people who genuinely trust Freedom and self-reliance more than they trust the promises of politicians.

June 8, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  84. Hezron

Man, that interview with Ann Coulter was intriguing. I didn't know you could interview like that... good job man!

June 8, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  85. clw

I will not watch morgan again – it is frustrating beyond belief to TRY to watch an interview and see him interrogate, attack, talk over everyone he obviously does not like and yet he treated Charlie Sheen with respect and humor. you must be kidding me. I am a Dem and it is obvious that Piers is politically left and plans to try and demolish anyone he interviews that is conservative. Tonight was too much – absolutely rediculous. His style is intolerable – get him off the air. In this country, we treat people with respect Piers. It is obvious you have particular people on so that you can try and embarass and demonize them – I will not watch again until he is off. I watched him do this same thing on the Apprentice – it didnot work there and is not working now. his interview style will not be acceptable in this country – go back to england piers – pleaseeeeeee your style is not funny, cute, charming or cool

June 8, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  86. Shelley

Bye Bye Piers,
    Been a faithful viewer. But to accuse Ann Coulter of having anything to do with Sarah Palin and to further call Tea Party people a mob similar to that of the French Revolution is unforgivable. Ann was trying to talk and you kept talking over her, maybe if you would have let her finish she could have given you the example of liberal mobs for which you had asked. How about the drum beating, small business threatening, window breaking, litterbugs that camped out in Wisconsin? Would you call them a friendly bunch? Would you call them "grass roots" as the tea party groups with their home made card board signs and their grandparents and kids in attendance? The violence in Wisconsin is highly funded by the deeeeep pockets of the unions, who have every interest of keeping that union dues rolling into their pockets. So, the threats and violence will keep coming whether or not it's in the public eye. The liberals saw they were looking pretty archaic, so they moved it indoors to the White House, behind our backs in the form of health car vouchers and the like. Piers, if you can't keep up with Ann Coulter, ask her to speak slower for you. Don't just babble over her. It made you look, well, like you don't know your American History or even current events. At least not 2 sides of current events. Too bad, you really do your homework on your celeb interviews and I had enjoyed them. But, I can get that on ET.
    "

June 8, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mike F

Shelley:

Yes the Wisconsin protests were funded by the Unions with "deep pockets" and their own agenda which I dont support. However, most of the "Tea Party" events since 2008 have been funded by FreedomWorks aka Americans For Prosperity aka Koch Indistries which even "deeper" pockets so these groups Unions or Koch Industries have their own ulterior motives that ARE NOT in the American peoples interest but their own interests and they have fooled us into taking actions in their own interests that a leading to 20% unemployment huge debt huge deficits and the even bigger immigration problems of H1B visas that corrupt Democrats and Repulicans are benefitting from wth 20% actual unemployment do we really need to be issuing more H1B visas for foreigners to take what little decent paying jobs are left (like GE and Boeing and other allegedly "American" traitor corporations that pay $0 taxes – how much taxes did you pay last year? More than $0?. Isn't this treason betraying the American people? We should be demanding pulic disclosure of ALL H1B visas and who issued them and who requested them let the American people decide what to do wth the traitors that are selling us (the American poeple) out to India, China and Saudi Arabia.

June 8, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  87. Lyn

solid journalist – oh my goodness – are you serious???!!!! as a phd in journalism, i can assure you that his performance tonight did not, in any measure, come close to an interview – it was obviously politically motivated and just plain disgusting. as a representative of this profession, i suggest you look up "Jornalist" at wkipedia and educate yourself

June 8, 2011 at 2:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  88. Charles

Wow.... Ann Coulter is one of the most ridiculous people to have a voice in modern media. The fact that people even interview her is a huge insult , why do they give people like this a voice. We are in serious trouble lets stop throwing mud and paying these people to live the high life to play childish games and f#cl=k with the emotions of the american people to serve them only and do not help us as a people......Do not try and accuse me of being a liberal as you will be sadly mistaken. It is sad to see what America has become....and the fact that this individual is a popular speaker and icon is a direct correlation to our failures....

Stand up and let's not be angry , let's move forward and all make concessions to make america great again ..... this childish fighting just costs us money and the only people that will benefit are these jesters screaming at the top of their lungs!

Sad to see what we have become!

June 8, 2011 at 3:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Larry

Refreshing words from a non-liberal and well-spoken voice in the wilderness. HEAR YE HEAR YE!

June 8, 2011 at 4:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  89. Jim Kelly

Ann Coulter got the "eggshell" skull principle of law wrong. She said you can't be held responsible for a person who has an "eggshell" skull – the principle is that you ARE held responsible for a person who has an "eggshell" skull – you take them as you find (injure) them. She should run as Palin's Vice President – two peas in a pod.

June 8, 2011 at 3:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Charles

So true and you are so right.. she doesnt even know the law.. thin skull or eggshell skull is exactly what she proposed it is not.... and these are the people that are shaping our political landscape... so by her description I am to assume the law does not apply to her and her comrades.... court jesters are apparently taking the position of kings.... sad sad sad world!

June 8, 2011 at 3:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  90. Ned Kelly

Thank you Piers for putting a petty women that embodies most things wrong with our politics where she belongs. She deserved to be called out on the destructive things she has said. I think you politely showed her the exit of an otherwise sleazy career as the GOP puppet she is.

June 8, 2011 at 3:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  91. Ned Kelly

Some of the comments above are correct- be careful not to get too partisan- stay neutral and more will follow you.

June 8, 2011 at 3:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  92. Stacy

What is with these WACKOS?? Oh, excuse me, for lack of a better word. Some viewers who have posted comments seem SO offended by Piers...why? He is like any good interviewer...he asks a question, and deserves an answer. He wasn't rude in any way. Just because some may not like to "call a spade a spade", he did. Can't take the heat, don't watch the show. Ann was more interested in running the show herself, by constanly flipping her hair, and referring to her book. By the way, I agree with Jim, Ned, and MIKE'S comment re: SHELLEY. And Shelley, I always watch ET...it's SO educational.

June 8, 2011 at 4:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  93. James

Morgan has shown himself to be extremely rude and crass with Mitt Romney and his wife, as well as Ann Coulter. He always interrupts his guests and asks the most prying questions ..... then doesn't have the class TO ALLOW HIS GUESTS TO ANSWER A QUESTION WITHOUT HIS RUDE INTERRUPTION! Is Piers Morgan even a CITIZEN of the United States? He should be grateful he's here in this country. I find watching him to be completely annoying. He really thinks his aggressive rude approach to his guests is "clever" when it shows him to be dumb, self-centered and UNCONSCIOUS! I would ask CNN to get rid of him if he doesn't shape up and SHOW RESPECT to guests!!!

June 8, 2011 at 4:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  94. James

Morgan ..... YOU ARE A CRASS AGGRESSIVE AND ANNOYING TWIT! You show absolutely no respect to your guests and continually INTERRUPT! GO BACK TO ENGLAND! You are probably not even a CITIZEN of the United States. Your face is very difficult to watch. You are mean and most viewers can't stand you! GO BACK TO ENGLAND twit!

June 8, 2011 at 4:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  95. Philip

Morgan always interrupts his guests! He also shows a very stupid political mindset. Is he even a citizen of the United States? CNN should get rid of him and send him back to England where he belongs. His "welcome " here IS OVER!
    I can't imagine how a crass amateur like Piers Morgan got an interview show on CNN ..... absurd!!

June 8, 2011 at 4:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  96. Philip

I can't imagine how Piers Morgan can sleep at night. He's rude to his guests, doesn't allow them to answer his questions ..... he runs off at the mouth! Very BAD. CNN – GET RID OF HIM! Back to England for you Morgan!

June 8, 2011 at 4:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  97. Elisabeth

Hi
    Last night Ann Coulter said that Republicans don't try to convert people. Is she kidding? Republicans want everyone to be Christian and or adopt THEIR CHRISTIAN BELIEF SYSTEM.

June 8, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Oscar

Agreed. When will both major parties start to understand that most intelligent Americans realize they want us to think along their lines. Not sure how Ann could say the Republicans aren't doing that.

June 8, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  98. Elisabeth

p.s.
    Great interview Piers!
    I love the show a lot!

June 8, 2011 at 7:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  99. Oscar

Great interview Piers. Not an easy one to do since Ann seems just a bit crazy and unwilling to really explain any of her thought processes. She seems to have a complete lack of insight into what she's saying and how idiotic it sounds, yet, somehow people like her...can't understand that.

June 8, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lw

i hate to be the one to tell you Oscar but you said it yourself – you are not smart enough to understand her – i understood her perfectly – sad thing is people like you get to vote

June 8, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  100. Greg Gilbert

Does CNN even care about political fairness anymore? MSNBC2 for certain. Now fire Piers and get someone that doesn't have a liberal interview personality and a conservative interview personality. When I watch Fox I feel like I'm being played for a dumb sheep sometimes. Do liberals who watch CNN feel the same or are they just real dumb sheep.

June 8, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  101. Grant

I enjoyed the show. Piers, I do believe she got the better of you; better luck next time old boy.

June 8, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  102. Meg

I don't know if Ann Coulter is correct that nobody on the Sunday a.m. TV shows covered the Anthony Weiner story the first weekend that the story broke but it did seem some jews on TV (Wolf Blitzer & some guest on Eliot Spitzer's show who kept saying it was a personal matter) were trying to cut him some slack – But Ann Coulter can't say that because then she'd be accused of being antisemitic. And she's right about one thing – anybody with any sense knew Rep. Weiner took that picture and sent it.

June 8, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  103. Laurie

read the books – your opinion is not credible unless you have read the book – i have read the book and while i do not agree to everything she says, she makes some very valid points that i had never thought of and she has hard facts to back it up – come on people – are there so few intellectuals left?? Educate yourself by reading and learning everything -not just what you think you want to hear. don't critique someone that you have no knowledge of – that is called hearsay. I am not an "ANN" fan but her latest book is about the "mob mentality" as evidenced, for example, by the liberal takeover of media and also the many examples she gives regarding our history – my goodness, you people are uneducated – her thesis is obviouly above everyone's head whether you agree with it or not

June 8, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  104. Yvonne

THANK YOU ANN COULTER for always making me proud! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

I would have punched him in his hypocritical face!!

This is why CNN is a loser in the RATINGS!!!!

AND, THIS IS ALSO WHY: FOX NEW RULES!

June 8, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Brion

Yvonne...

I took notice of your other post...the one where you were critical of Liberals for "shouting". Are you aware that ALL CAPS in blog messages = shouting? So, you are shouting at so-called shouters? Do you listen to actual words that Ann Coulter says? Did you happen to take away from the interview that she was primarily interested in selling her book? I don't think she cares much about her words unless they lead to dollars in her pocket. To me, she does not come across as all that smart (though I am certain she is), or funny, or interesting. I would not be surprised to learn that at the core she is very similar to those that she inflicts her bullying on.

June 9, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • PAUL

SO YOU ARE FOR FREE SPEECH, AS LONG AS SOMEBODY AGREES WITH YOUR EXTREME RIGHT-WING VIEWS. OTHERWISE YOU PUNCH HIM IN HIS FACE. I REST MY CASE.....

June 10, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  105. PAUL

WHAT HAPPEND TO MY COMMENT ?

June 9, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  106. Scott

Piers credibility is non-existent. That much is clear after he slandereed tea partiers. What a snooty little left-wing thug.

June 11, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  107. DugFmJamul

Without Fox News Progressives would have free range to indoctrinate the minions....and some of these minions are posting here tonight...ha...ha!

June 8, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse | Reply