Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 7th, 2011

Web extra: Mitt Romney talks about the bailouts and Ben Bernanke

Mitt Romney's interview with Piers Morgan touched on his Mormon faith, "Romneycare," Sarah Palin and more.

In the above web extra, Romney talks about the bank bailouts and Ben Bernanke.

Post by:
Filed under: Web Extra
  1. Robert Patterson

He is a smooth talker, and bailouts are counterproductive to freedom. The freedom to fail if you blow it! That is what free enterprise is about. You take the risk, you get the reward or the chopping block, depending on how YOU do business. Now the government is involved in operating more businesses, that is socialism. America is notoriously bad at operating businesses, as are all governments world wide. American government is micro-managing everything, killing the businessman. When will it end? I predict Americas complete economic collapse, we have lost our standard and poors rating, that will be felt soon. Americans are in ignorant bliss, until they are standing in a bread line.

June 8, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Guy

Mr. Morgan, I am a person who favors the tea party and I have 5 college degrees, 2 masters and I am working on a doctorate. I am a CPA and am a small businessman. There are many smart individuals in the tea party. However, my father came to the US in 1957 with a fourth grade education and he could run circles around me and most college graduates. It is not about how smart you are, it takes a lot more than that. Your conversation with Ann Coulter shows me that you are definitely not very sharp yourself. It amazes me how uneducated you guys look when you deal with someone you cannot BS and push around. Ann Coulter is sharp. I cannot believe you even asked about the crosshairs comment. The truth will always remain the truth sir. Thank you.

June 8, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Robert

Morgan, If you thought Wiener was persuasive then you are a fool and a ne'er-do-well. I watched about 120 seconds of your show with Coulter and promptly threw up. You are so busy protecting your wallet and your ideology that the ideals of truth as a common good has escaped you.

June 8, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Robert

PS... "Morgan was fired from the Mirror on 14 May 2004 after authorising the newspaper's publication of photographs allegedly showing Iraqi prisoners being abused by British Army soldiers from the Queen's Lancashire Regiment.[17] Within days the photographs were shown to be crude fakes. Under the headline "SORRY.. WE WERE HOAXED", the Mirror responded that it had fallen victim to a "calculated and malicious hoax" and apologised for the publication of the photographs.[18]".....Sorry for the Above comment Morgan...I made the mistake of taking you seriously.

June 8, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. ken

Piers, don't be so rude! Let Mitt answer questions and don't play your games

June 8, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Mickey

Bravo Piers, Finally someone stood up to abrasive & one track Ann that is hell bent on diverting all the questions in favor of promoting a book. I am not a democrat nor a Republican but can be pursuaded to accept the best of both. But by spinning the shortcomings of anyone & anything associated with conservatism, Ann brilliantly demostartes time & time again her moral bankruptcy. What a waste of an intelligent mind! Thank you for putting her in her place. I have a masters degree and my father & came to US in 1976. I arrived at age 17 from a non English speaking country.

June 8, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. 6294ns

I can't say I'm a fan of Romney but he sure did a good job of making Piers look like an idiot. It actually makes me want to look up his campaign and hear what he kept trying to say...

June 8, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Jeffrey

Thanks Morgan for turning me on to Mitt. He is one smart guy. I love how he handled your rude questions. He's smart, quick and did not fall for your cheap shots at him. Because of you I donated to his campaign. As for you, you are one rude dude. Your tactic of interrupting your guest while answering your dumb questions shows how immature you are. Did you really expect Romney to fall for your cheap attacks on his religion? You looked pretty excited while sitting their jabbing at him....did he turn you on? He's one good looking guy...I bet your juices were flowing while siting that close to him. Dude...learn to control yourself.

If you are the best that CNN has to offer....why bother. Good luck in your next foray.........

June 8, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Mac

Piers I have been watching you from the beginning but your treatment of Ann Coulter last night was disgusting. You clung to your own biases (e.g. who began the cross-hairs saga – Bob Beckel by his own admission), didn't listen to what she was saying, you couldn't believe she actually has a right to NOT talk about her private life? She even said there are stalkers out there, how dense are you? No, you were a disaster last night. Only slightly better on Romney also. Tivo Season Pass cancelled

June 8, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. rosie from Michigan

do not like Mitt Romney..he spent 90 million on his last campaign..he could have given it to the state of Michigan..people are drowning here..how much money is he worth? 90 million was from his own personal wealth ,,

June 8, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Pete_Bondurant

Now I can see why Pierce has no ratings. He is dumb, rude and uninformed. Perhaps this is why CNN hired him. He fits right in.

June 8, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Adam

Only GMC had bailouts. Ford never took any money from the government.

June 14, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply