Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 8th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Getting personal with Mitt and Ann Romney... and Ann Coulter

Piers Morgan had a conservative-filled show last night, with Ann Coulter as well as Mitt Romney and his wife Ann Romney. The Romney's talked about how they met, and their private life at home. "Publicly they see him maybe more controlled," said Ann. "But in the home setting, the passion comes out, for sure, in many ways."

Then there was Coulter...

"I don't talk about either engagements, Social Security number, age or anything else," said Coulter. But that didn't stop Piers from asking. Watch the full exchange below:

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. D M

Ann Coulter, what a royal pain. Worse, she's a channel-turner. Can't watch her hate filled, self possessed interruptive style.

June 8, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • C Melendez

Coulter who? and where is her wife?

June 8, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sunnie

So true DM, Ann Coulter says it herself "I'm a boring person"...why would anyone want to read a boring persons book? She can't even remember how many times she got engaged...that's because the men ran off when they realised she is a demon escaped from hell and they didn't want to live with that. A beautiful woman ,yes, but mean and vindictive on the inside. Never judge the book by the cover.

August 21, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • JASON

Ann Coulter is pathetic to watch...a miserable person to say the least. I do agree with her on one point though; I can't imagine anyone on God's green earth marrying her either.

February 7, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DM

Can't you say the same thing about MSNBC as you do for Ann Coulter? They are just as liberal and farout right winged as she might appear. I love her because she speaks her mind, no sugar coating anything. But if you really read her stuff, she leans very conservative. Not her public persona which is great....she asks the questions no one else will or the questions people are thinking but never say.

February 22, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • vincent joy

Hey D M, I suspect you don't like Ann Coulter because of the way she makes mince meat of Left-Wing idiots like Piers Morgan.

July 26, 2012 at 8:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Linda Qualey

I am amazed this Piers Morgan is on TV as anything.

June 8, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dr. Randall Rasmussen

Mr. Morgan's questions are so ridiculous that I really agree with you. It actually makes me uncomfortable to watch him.

June 8, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. steve wilson

WITHOUT QUESTION,THE MOST UNGENTLEMANLY AND UNPROFFESIONAL INTERVIEW SINCE
    YOU STARTED THIS STINT.
    STUNNING SENSE OF SELF IMPORTANCE,TOPPED WITH A FUNDAMENTAL MISUNDERSTANDING
    OF YOUR GUEST.
    WHAT A SUPREME LET DOWN.
    IF ONLY YOU WERE AS SMART AS YOU THINK YOU ARE,PIERS.
    I KNOW YOUVE ACCOMPLISHED A LOT,BUT YOU MUST STEP BACK AND SEE.
    THAT YOU HAVE PRIMARY HUBRIS DISEASE.
    SERIOUSLY,A BAD,BAD INTERVIEW.
    SMELLY BAD.
    STEVE WILSON
    KUZTOWN,PA

June 8, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Carol Hales

I couldn't disagree more with any criticism of Piers' interview. I thought he was fantastic – I actually have a small crush after last night. Ann Coulter always comes off as dismissive and patronizing and just speaks over/ around any views that are contrary to her own. I thought Piers was aggressive but actually confronted her and made her drill down on her ridiculously dismissive comments. I loved it.

June 9, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Trish Mink

I too thought you were argumentative and abrasive to Mitt Romney. It was a bad interview and you would have never behaved that way to Obama when he ran. You were decrying the right wing protests, and your interview is why. There was no call for that. However Mitt handled himself well. I have always liked you, but excuse me I guess the days of journalism being unbiased are over. Yellow journalism. Certainly no Larry King replacement.

June 8, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jeanette Parker

CNN lost me as a viewer (white, middle class Independent fiscal conservative) years ago but an email this morning summarizing all the previous day's liberal attacks on the Tea Party, conservatives. and their spokespersons brought me to this site to see for myself.......

CNN, Piers Morgan (is he even a US citizen?) and others on this network should get their head out of the sand and realize the average viewer is much more cognizant of the bias in the "main stream media".......

Furthermore, I'm a volunteer and member of a Houston Tea Party group called The King Street Patriots....we aren't urbane, but we are authentic and have a passion for the patriotism first demonstrated by our Founders........but nowhere to be seen today.

Main stream media trots out distractions to divert our attention from the farce called "leadership"....those who we elected to represent us; instead, we are "treated" to the antics of the latest fiasco called Weinergate.

We're better than that......we deserve better.....

June 8, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Helene

Thank you so much for this artilce, it saved me time!

June 24, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • jose

he is a liberal british...... dont get fooled by his charming tone, he is as poisonous as bill maher

October 2, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. claudia milan

Exactly Jeanette!.. i'm a democrat that voted for Obama because i thought he was the great black hope... at total puppet of the status quo and works for the same people the Bush administration worked for, that's why he kept most of his cabinet. Obama is rolling out the, "Final solution", for these Elites and Bildergers and Pierce is just an implant, representing the interests of theses psychopaths, starting with the royal family.. btw, that display of utter degraded parading of despotism.. CNN Tyrant Television for idiots. and you wonder why if it wasn't for the funding of the Elites, you wouldn't be on the air. I can't stand Pierce Morgan, can't even watch him anymore.. i tried last night but he was so out of step with what is happening in the world. I think he is more offensive than Copper Anderson.. or that idiot Wolf... what's his name... http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/06/05/ron-paul-on-cnns-state-of-the-union-652011/ this was a good clip on CNN, but Pierce get a clue, everyone knows you are a fraud.

June 8, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. JClark

Wah. Everytime the questions get a little rough for republicans/teabaggers, they take a page straight out of Palin's victim playbook and blame it on the media. Piers asks good questions and isn't afraid to ask the more direct questions which a lot of media avoid. I thought Romney handled himself very well. Ann Coulter...well she's just an angry, bitter unloved woman, I dismiss her as insignificant right off the bat.

June 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mcf

I am with you JClark...Piers Morgan isn't afraid of seriously challanging his guests and his direct questions are honest and to the point...as for that babbling idiot, Anne Coulter...she could not even memorize what she wrote in her book and had to constantly flount it to make herself look important and have her audience believe what a serious writer she is! She is a crazy reactionary fool and I certainly would not waste my money on buying her book!

June 8, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Vincent

I completely agree – she failed to answer any questions directly and constantly down trod the democrats. That's not an interview – it's fine to make a jibe every now and then, but I think she was rude and obnoxious.

June 8, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jose

You're doing it again. You're fogging the issue in an attmept to establish a false equivalence. You know I don't like that.True, that is my issue, but I don't understand the inherent objection you have to it. Liberal principles should apply universally and not selectively. BCL clearly has a point in his post about the stark difference in outcomes here but I think I'm also right that it's also relevant that some of Coulter's fiercest critics are not as passionate about people like Christie.

June 30, 2012 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  8. JClark

@Claudia: Wow...is that English? Great black hope? Why does his skin color matter? Final Solution? as in Holocaust? Shame on you. Your punctuation and spelling are atrocious. Your sentence structure is also, it's barely readable. What is a Bilderger? His name isn't Pierce, it's Piers. His name isn't Copper, it's Cooper. Somehow I'm not surprised you espouse Ron Paul at the end of your word salad. You're both nutty as hell.

June 8, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. guidedtotarget

I watched the Coulter interview last night and came away with the impression that she was talking over your head, that you truly did not understand what she was saying. You certainly had no interest in discussing her book, which I understand is an explanation of why liberals like yourself not only don't understand the conservative point of view, but why they throw up inane talking points, which they also don't understand, instead of discussing the actual issues in an intellectually honest way. You should stay away from political interviews unless it's someone who already agrees with you.

June 8, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. G H

Piers is the Shakespeare of interviewing!

June 8, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dixie

Meaning he's boring and hard to understand?

June 8, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Rachel Devin

Piers Morgan was the first interviewer to put Ann Coulter in her place. He treated her with respect, but at the same time he didn't let her get away with "talking over" everyone, as she always does. Unlike some of the posters here, my comment isn't that Piers didn't do a good job, he did a GREAT job.

June 8, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • shikha

I agree! First she won't talk about her personal life, when he asks her questions about what she wrote in her column she complains he isn't asking her about the book. Then she starts yelling about how he won't let her answer, when she is the one who interrupts him. Just because you talk loud and over people, doesn't mean you are smart and worth listening too. As a Canadian, our worst right wing folks are not even close to being as nutty as her.

June 17, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. LE Mental

Piers! It's a conspiracy theory!!!! All republican – and the Cruella de Ville of it all selling it and herself off at tangents for seeminly an age!!!!
    Where's the only man on US TV (bar you) to restore my logical sanity, faith in US IQ and give me an honest laugh at the same time? Hey! You promised the divine Bill Mahr a while back and I seriously need a counterbalance to the ravings of Ms (I don't talk about myself but I trash everyone else) Coulter!!!! Otherwise I'll continue to think there's a republican conspiracy going on – I mean how many times for R. Guiliani (good guy I respect him) and that big-I Am windbag Trump?

June 8, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. SD

Ann Coulter is obnoxious. Piers was so gracious. Please never have her on the show again.

June 8, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • vincent joy

Piers is a moron. He would never treat Oliver Stone or some other Left wing idiot like that – prying into private matters. Who cares? But the Left ALWAYS does this to those who intimidate them with wit and intelligence because the Left can't make their idiotic and juvenile arguments against someone like Ann Coulter or Ron Paul or Peter Schiff. That's why they have get personal because, ultimately, their alleged principles are asinine!

July 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. VWT

@JClark...ad-hominem attacks on people's feedback. Weak. Ron Paul is hardly nutty. I bet he's scaring hell out of the status quo.

June 8, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • md

It has finally been confirmed Ann Coulter is mentally unstable.

June 8, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Cheryl

Sooo Tea Party are Nazis, better read your history on who best represents that ideology. Are you just afraid of the truth or are you truly a believer in the left agenda which better represents the Nazi ideology. Ignore the reality and it will always defeat you but seek the truth and the way is clear.

June 8, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • C_MO

Cheryl you my dear are an idiot. Know your history. The conservatives orthe rght align much more with WWII era Germany that liberals or the left.
      It all has to do with ideology. the conservatives want this country to be a christian nation, everybody else should convert or leave if the conservatives could get away with it many would just be killed like muslims, gays, unbelievers, mormans, or select ethnic manorities.
      Just to finish thats as nazi as it gets they deported, imprisoned, or killed people that were muslims, gays, unbelievers, mormans, or select ethnic manorities.
      Sounds just like the modern conservative party to me, anti-gay, anti-immagrint, ideologically and ethnically bigoted.
      So who is it that is goosestepping along that path of nazism?

February 3, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. LE Mental

Ann Coulter on the subject of 'mob mentality' and her spurious attempt to educate no one but herself on the US & French revolution was an audio nightmare. The French, darling, supported the US in the revolution merely to get back at the British. Then as always, the US thought 'hey dat a great idea everyone should be like us' and sold, instigated covertly and assisted the French revolution. Thomas Jefferson was ambassador to France during the time period and wrote for the record somewhat 'surprised' at it letters for public record. However, what went in the diplomatic bags is another story entirely. Dear Ms. Coulter you have only reaffirmed my belief in republican lunacy. – particularly when you slide off the opportunity to answer a valiod question with – 'oh we did, it was a complex thing – anyway I find this a bit boring'. Semantics was it? Trying to explain about to save services during an 8 year administration that wrecked the economy spent a fortune on war and lives and now bleats about how they are the ones to fix the mess?

June 8, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Sandra Jefferies

Well, I guess I was the only one enjoying the Ann Coulter interview! This was the first time I've seen anyone hold her feet to the flames. On Fox, she's welcome to share her inflammatory speech unchallenged. I'm a democrat and she insults me personally by slinging insults aimed at all dems. It seems in her world, all dems are left wing liberals, the world is black and white. Does she want us all to be republicans? Or just think exactly like her. I don't have much of a temper, but I have a visceral reaction to her because she makes everything so personal. Thank you Piers, for pointing out that her default answer is to blame democrats for everything. Most dems I know are middle of the road, thoughtful voters. Not idiots!

June 8, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Ann

LOVED the interview with Ann Coulter. Finally, someone who put her in her place and did it in a very affable manner. Kudos to you, Piers!

June 8, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. CM

What an excellent job of interviewing Ann Colter, Pierc. Finally someone on CNN who will ask and actually expect answers to the questions that matter, which include information which is relevant such as Ann Colter's personal life since all she does is sit around, lash out and attack other's personal lives. What jobs has she had in her life? What meaningful relationships had she had? If she is a Conservative with family values and all – what in HER life reflects those values or that "patriotism" ?

She is also NOT a comedian so when she says, "It was just a joke.", that is as LAME an excuse as it gets. That's on the same level of what a four or five year old would come up with. I especially loved your response to her repeated over-the-top attacks on liberals: "You are responsible for what you say." THAT comment really upset her! I guess SHE feels she is some how above being responsible for her words and actions. Really ???

You went head to head with her and questioned every single one of her inane statements and she could NOT take it. It was like watching a professional tennis match. WOW! Great job of exposing the real Ann Colter; a very small person who is very very afraid of others finding out who she really is. She's like the Wizard of OZ, pull that curtain away and what you find is someone who is ALL talk with NO integrity, NO heart, and NO brains!!! (And sadly NO life.)

You are the only interviewer who I have ever heard that was able to be completely polite and yet go head to head with her inane comments

June 8, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. teresa,snOhio

On the Coulter interview, I thought Piers did a WONDERFUL job. I'm even saying that while I cant stand Coulter OR Piers.
    I'm so sick of watching that dyed blonde man-in-a womans-body flip her horse hair back over her head I could puke.
    I loved watching Piers trying to stick it to her/him. Good for you !

It's ok if you talk to her about her BOOK which will make HER money, but please dont ask any personal questions... and yet everything she talks about or writes about is PERSONAL to someone else. Coulter is trying to reinvent herself as only a TOPIC type of speaker, but it's too late.... we're on to her/him.

June 8, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. dave meccariello

romney came off well. a little stuffy but likeable... sorta. ane coulter is revolting. she is a hate monger and i get sick of her schtick. i am all for calling out a liberal or a conservative on their stupidity, but she is a hate monger . i wish people would stop giving her air time

June 8, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Jo Ann West

Piers, I loved your interview with Ann Coulter. You did a bang up job. She is a very polarizing personality. Most of the pro Coulter comments are probably her relatives or her own aliases. She is not my cup of tea.

June 8, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • vincent joy

Jo Ann, I'm sure she's "not your cup of tea" because you're, no doubt, a 'dopey broad.'

July 27, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. M.C.STONE

Piers you were great last night with Coulter . While remaining calm and rational you showed her for what she is . It was almost sad the way she was peddling her latest tome while desperately trying to get it on camera . Again job well done .

June 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Nina

OMG I can´t believe it. What a B****. Piers: you are fantastic!

June 8, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Randy Edick

In your interview with Ann you questioned the intelligence of Tea Party people (I'm one of them). So, I'll explain something to you. Blaming Sarah Palin for the shooting of Congresswoman Giffords was an extreme form of demagoguery. Intelligent people don't indulge in demogaguery, ... not ever. The Tea Party is about one thing and one thing only: arithmetic. You need to apologize, pull you head out of the left wing blogs, get educated and smarten up.

June 8, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Steve Juhan

Piers, You should have done your home work concerning Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Bush adminstration "warning" in 2001, "systemic risk" 2003, McCain "warning" 2006, Frank said not to worry, Waters said not to worry, Schumer said not to worry. You looked like you lived on Mars with your lack of journalism knowledge of history.

June 8, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Carla

Question: Is Ann Coulter a Transgender? She has an unusually large adam's apple, and really big hands.

June 8, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Mo

@Steve: I think you missed the point Piers Morgan was making last night. President Bush WAS President at the time. Just like how Barack Obama is being held responsible for being in office, they same should apply to GW Bush for this 8 years.
    @Randy, so Sarah Palin's then definitely NOT intelligent, right?

June 8, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Tasha

I'm baffled as to why Ann was invited to spout her irrelevant thoughts in the first place. Who's next? Snookie? By the way: WHAT was conservative Ann wearing? Did she shop at a cheap Thai clothing stall in Phuket? The huge, tacky, fake eyelashes were a welcome distraction from the trash she was spouting verbally. Thank you CNN make up artist!

June 8, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Barry DeLede

To the CNN management:
    You will most likely dismiss my comment as that of a flyover type.
    However; You should know that I ca no longer tolerate you left leaning slant.
    In the future Fox news will be my first choice perhaps only choice for news.
    Your treatment of conservative guests vs liberal guests unacceptable.

June 8, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • TheoRealist

Barry, you should avail yourself of some research before you commit wholly to Faux News–its viewers are more misinformed than the viewers of any other news network, cable or otherwise. As for Ms. Coulter–her books have been exposed as full of lies and hatred; she is the epitome of what has happened to political discourse in this country.

June 15, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Geffory

Piers should be ashamed of himself, first it is apparent that the only thing that he knows about the Tea Party is what his own Party handlers have fed him. Why not act like a real journalist and get out and learn some facts before embarrassing yourself? First, you guys tried to label the Tea Party as racist, but as it became obvious that the Tea Party has many black conservative members now you want to associate them with Hitler and his movement of the 30’s. Wow! I can’t believe that you actually get paid to make such elementary arguments. Mr. Morgan, I am sure that my 9 yr old daughter could debate current politics better than you based on viewing this interview. It would be nice if Mr. Morgan had an understanding of both world and US history. Hitler and the Nazi party were socialist, more in-line with the Progressive and Union movements currently found in our country now. The Tea Party has as it hero’s the founders of our country, they take the time to read the Federalist Papers, learn our history and make an informed choice between what they consider to be liberty and big government intrusion.. Nothing like Hitler, Hitler much like progressives of today, wanted control over the economic and personal aspirations of the German populace.

June 8, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Trip

Regarding the Mitt Romney interview clip: As a democrat I must admit this clip looked more like an assault on Mitt than an interview. Horrible job Piers! If there is a next time please let the man finish his answer before throwing 3 more at him. I have to give a lot of credit to Mitt he kept his cool like a true professional.

June 8, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dixie

I agree completely. That was the worst interview I've ever seen from Piers. Not a fan anymore.

June 8, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. M. B. B.

Notice that there are quite a few comments here questioning Ann Coulter's gender. I have always wonder about this also. Maybe someone should ask her to show her original long form birth certificate? It may show Andy Coulter at birth.

June 8, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Forooz

I have a question from Mr walch. If the culture of the big corporation is to reward big bonuses to the employees , then would you please explain the meaning of bonus ?. As far as I understand bonus is when you have perfomed so efficiently that have resulted in your compnay to have more profit. If that is so why these companies went bankcrupt.

June 8, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. carl bryan

Send Piers Morgan back to "Britain's Got Talent". Maybe some one's talent from that show will rub off, otherwise what a dolt. On second thought, he's probably the brightest bulb in the entire CNN house. When will CNN hit bottom?

June 8, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. LE Mental

First, we should respect the fact that the US has American programming (a lot of it) in Great Britain. We ship our movies round the globe and we complain because we have one incisive Brit on CNN doing some wake-up interviewing for a change?
    Piers I know how to pronounce your name – it's with a 'z' – that's coz I've been to England.
    Second, I see how spiteful and full of vitriol the 'republican' posts are here and if it wasn't so nasty it'd be comic!
    KBO Piers you're doing great.

June 8, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Texas Nana

So disgusted with your Mitt Romney interview. Why call it an interview? Pierce you were like an Attack Dog who couldn't stop barking & snapping long enough for Mitt to respond. Both of the Romneys were a class act to stay calm and polite under your rude attack. You owe them an apology

June 8, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. JimBob

What a ridiculous "interview." Ann apparently came on to reconfirm that she's just as obnoxious, rude and hateful as we thought. Piers came off as an irate and querulous milquetoast. Ann plainly has a bigger package. But so what?

June 8, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Shelley

Outrageous: Union Thugs Disrupt Wisconsin Special Olympics Ceremony
    And you have the nerve to call tea party people with their home made card board signs with grandma and the kids waving their flags "mobs"? We don't threaten, injure or tantrum as those liberal who have a personal fortune in union dues to lose. So ignorant and insulting.

June 9, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  40. bettyjeter

Ann Coulter on Demonic: How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America http://bit.ly/kLeyud

June 9, 2011 at 6:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Steve In Tulsa

Morgan is the stupidest man on television. This idiot has nothing to offer anyone but stupid insults. Ann is about a thousand times better educated than this primping prima donna. How does anyone stomach watching this fool? Oh right, CNN. The Clinton News Network. This is a DNC Journ-O-List directed network. They don't do news: they do propaganda for the demoncrat mob.

June 9, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Pat in SoCal

Piers Morgan is a fool, pandering to a lost cause. The Tea Party is nothing more than Americans being silent no more about the progressive takeover. If Piers was trying to help his flagging ratings by spewing hate and misinformation, I don't think he succeeded. The left-wing media and pols are swirling down the toilet bowl of life and trying desparetly to cling to the ring.

June 9, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  43. ConservativeSwaz

Piers, you truly are a Tool. You're a useful Tool. If you ever actually attended a Tea Party Rally you would see what ACTUALLY goes on there. Mostly middle class Americans in lawn chairs peacefully protesting. Unlike your Liberal cronies who when they rally against something do monetary damage to the surroundings (i.e., rocks through windows, people assaulted, and various other forms of vandalism) and generally leave everything in a huge mess that tax dollars have to pay to clean up. I challenge you to "enlighten" yourself. GO to a Tea Party Rally and report HONESTLY on what you find there.

June 9, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. verysoreloser

I have never watched P. Morgan before but man this guy is obnoxious. He just basically talks at conservatives and lectures them. He might consider returning to England.

England. They have government workers there who knock on your door and ask you if you own a TV. If you do, you pay a tax. A TV tax. P. Morgan, go back to England.

June 10, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Vincent

They have a TV tax to pay for unbiased reporting by the BBC. The intention is to remove commercial influence from news and programming. Largely it works – and Americans agree. BBC America is the fasting growing network in the USA. Check out: http://www.bbcusaffiliates.com/bbcamerica/network-overview.jsp so paying a TV tax isn't all that bad if you are receiving unbiased information unlike many of our channels here e.g. Fox which is supposed to be fair and balanced – not likely with all of the pies Rupert Murdoch has his fingers in.

June 10, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Matt

Wow, as a republican I was absolutely embarrassed by Anne Coulter. Kudos to Piers for his pointed questions that revealed her narrow point of view. Great interview. Horrible performance.

June 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Jack

Piers keep up the great work! Hold everyone to what they say and make them explain their views period, and stop them from hiding behind conservarive and patriotic BS, we're all americans and have the right to question everything public and private

June 17, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Tilly

Unbelievable how well-wittren and informative this was.

June 24, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. blaine

Piers morgan on his worst night is still better than larry Zeiger. Zeiger's career is living proof that being a jew never hurts in a business (television) dominated by the jews.

June 25, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Cigarsmkr

Piers has either shown his true colors once more or is just playing devil's advocate. When he has a guest that is labeled as "conservative," his serious journalism side kicks into overdrive. With Ted Nugent and now Ann Coulter, it's as if he must go on the attack and prove his reporting credibility. I do not see him do this with left of center guests. Plus, on multiple occasions, how many times did he not allow Ann to answer a question before interrupting her?! Barely anyone gets an hour with Ann Coulter so that we may get to see who she really is – asks the bloody questions, quit trying to entrap her and maybe we'll see some good results. Piers does a great job with most celebs; the Donny and Marie hour was fantastic as was the Rod Stewart interview. However, he definitely lends credence that the media leans liberal when he has a guest where he himself cannot be objective. He is now off the DVR...

June 27, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Charity

I love Ann Coulter. Such an awesome writer.

July 12, 2011 at 2:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  51. fifi

Why does Piers always interrupt? He never lets the interviewer end their thought. He has no flow. Worst host ever!

July 13, 2011 at 5:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  52. HRSanders

Most first-class blog.Thanks Again. Need more.

September 19, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  53. BMihaelll

Thank you for all of the hard work on this web site.

September 20, 2011 at 3:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Behonest

BORING...........................................................................

October 21, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. liam

Really, let's face reality, all politicians by common tradition shold not be trusted, even more so with political pundits. Their job is to stir up the pot and let it boil to full steam....then overflow. Tje problem is that there are people whom take the rederick a bit too seriously and go overboard. That is the problem. Left, right or center you may be in politics....'ALWAYS remember to laugh not at the opposing side, but laugh at yourself...it becomes easier to see things with wit and humanity.

December 29, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  56. toddito

What a horse's ass Piers is. He's unwatchable.

April 2, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  57. Brunildac Helfrichl

What's up friends, fastidious paragraph and nice arguments commented at this place, I am genuinely enjoying by these.

July 27, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. Lillien Uhris

Hi there, this weekend is fastidious in favor of me, because this moment i am reading this fantastic educational post here at my home.

August 6, 2012 at 8:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  59. vampirella

When did all of us become such name-callers? I am distressed by these posts because so many of them include awful words instead of thoughtful discourse. I grew up being told by teachers, ministers, and parents that name-calling betrays a lack of substantive argument.

August 19, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  60. Puzzled

Is Ann Coulter and Michelle Bachmann twin sisters?

August 19, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  61. Pax sivir codes

Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of info written in such an ideal method? I've a challenge that I'm simply now operating on, and I've been on the look out for such info.

August 29, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  62. championship riven code

Wonderful issues altogether, you simply won a brand new reader. What may you suggest about your put up that you just made a few days ago? Any sure?

January 17, 2013 at 7:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  63. championship riven codes

I don't even know the way I finished up right here, however I believed this publish used to be good. I don't recognize who you're however definitely you are going to a famous blogger should you are not already. Cheers!

March 12, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  64. Frankie Patino

I¡¦ve been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this website. Studying this info So i¡¦m glad to show that I've a very just right uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I so much without a doubt will make sure to don¡¦t put out of your mind this web site and provides it a look on a constant basis.

July 12, 2013 at 6:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  65. SchultzA

I agree and disagree with you on that one. You can't say Obama is like Hitler or even the Tea Party is, its literally two completely different things. The Tea Party is just another version of an Independent Party of sorts... nothing radical. I just hate that the number one thing they hate and want to change, the thing they hate Obama and democrats the most, is they think our taxes are too high, and that is just not true. The Tea Party is made of mostly working to middle class educated types, of various races and ethnicities, (but mostly working class white). Everyone of them has had lower taxes since Obama has been in office. Its true, heck i'm a conservative and I can admit it. Thats why I just can't take the seriously, I just don't get them. There like Mussolini followers actually but without the petty violence that comes from nationalism... lol

June 9, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  66. jo

When I read a statement like this, from someone that I am assuming is an educated American, I feel despair. It saddens me to think that anyone could compare Obama to someone who mercilessly slaughtered thousands of innocent human beings. What a heartless, ignorant thing to say.

I don't see any death camps being created for republicans to tea party supporters, do you?

June 9, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  67. Sunnie

DJM159,We in Europe don't see Obama exterminating white people with blue eyes and blond hair to create a master race by send ing them to gas chambers. By comparing Obama to despots such as Hitler, you show you're own ignorance and hate. Go back to school get a decent eduation, read about history and then make intelligent comment based on reason. All people like you do is spread the hate & violence. Do something good as a human being for a change, Think before you speak.

August 21, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  68. Sunnie

PS..in other words Zipp it! You have nothing of real value to say.

August 21, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  69. bob

jo, I believe the word you were looking for was millions.
    djm, is it hard to breath with your head lodged up your ass?

April 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  70. Ion

And you, sir, you easily make any Danvers State Hospital lunatic look like a rank amateur as well...

October 14, 2012 at 3:59 am | Report abuse | Reply