Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 14th, 2011

Gov. Chris Christie's wife: "He'd be a great president...there's no better communicator"

Piers Morgan interviewed New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie last week, and the exclusive, in-depth hour airs tonight at 9pmET/PT. But Morgan also talked to his wife, Mary Pat Christie who discussed why 2012 "probably wasn't the right time" for him to run for president, but wouldn't rule out what might happen "after he's governor."

"I'm sure his country could use him but his family needs him too," she said. But: "I think he could be president. I think he'd be a great president. But I also think he'd be a great CEO. He'd be a great person to stay home and teach college classes." What makes him such a good leader?

"Chris has an unbelievable ability to succinctly analysis a problem, come up with solutions," said Mary Pat Christie. "There's no better communicator."

Watch the full interview, including Gov. Christie's take on the 2012 field, tonight at 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Blanche

OMG loved the Chris Christie interview. I did vote for him and now I am glad I did. What a lovely family.
    Thanks Piers, what a great interview. Looking forward to the next four with him, I hope.

June 14, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Betty Sue Belshe

About Chris Christie, I think that we really need him to run. He's what the U.S.A. needs. He really cares about the people. I'm a democrat, I would vote for him in a second. I wish the the Christie's would rethink it. God Bless

June 15, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mamie

Totally agree. I am also a registered democrat, and I would throw my support behind Christie in an instant.

June 15, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Natalie

I noticed he wasn't eirawng shoes and I just thought he was making himself comfortable in his beautiful studio!I wrote a comment earlier but it didn't work apparently, so I'm just going to say Thanks to you both! Great seminar

April 3, 2012 at 4:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. norcalrv

Great interview with Chris Christie. I would vote for him for president right now. Thanks, Piers, I think that you have found the man that we need.

June 15, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Abudum

For his wife to make such a comment yoiu'd think she'd feeding him so much pasta and donuts.

June 15, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. barbara

Governor Christie, I enjoyed the interview with Piers but please do your country a favour and lose some weight so you can live to make a difference

June 15, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Lisa

Great interview!! Piers did a great job. I love C.C!

June 15, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Dom

Unfortunately for Christie his polling among women has taken an incredible bad turn.
    In every recent poll in NJ, women disapprove of his work as governor by a large majority.
    The reason? His cuts to the health and welfare of the young, the elderly, and the poor are largely rejected by a majority of women.
    He has also engaged in severe frontal verbal attacks on his female opponents. That too does not measure well with women.
    Christie invokes his own religion but he shows little to scant knowledge of Catholic teaching regarding Social Justice and the ethics of stewardship for the environment.
    The more Christie has said and done, the less women like him and approve of his policies.
    He may be a darling to the conservative base, but he cannot win as a darling to conservatives alone.
    This nation is far to vast and diverse, and voters desire a future with opportunity for upward mobility for the Middle Class and not just the rich.

June 15, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • CAL

I second your (thoughtful) comment. Besides all of the valid points you raise, what kind of example is he setting by being so overweight?

June 15, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. evan

his heart will be in trouble soon..better diet & more excercise..eat less, move more !!...

June 16, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Privacy Policy

Hello, Thank you for this fantastic blog post! I have to bookmark this website. Cheers.

January 25, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply