Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 15th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Gov. Chris Christie on the presidency, gay marriage, and more

Last night Piers Morgan sat down with Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey to talk political aspirations, family and more. The question everyone wants an answer to, is Christie going to run for president? "I'm 100 percent certain I'm not going to run," Christie said. He told his wife "what do I have to do to convince you I'm not going to run for President, commit suicide?"

Piers also questioned Christie about his stance on homosexuality...

Though Christie's religion says homosexuality is a sin "I don't look upon someone that's homosexual as a sinner."

Piers also got a chance to speak with Christie's kids Andrew and Sarah to find out what their favorite and least favorite thing is about their dad. "He's always someone i can talk to about almost anything," Andrew said. What worries Sarah? "I asked if I was going to have state police with me all the time and he said only when he thought I was in danger and that was whenever I was with a boy."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Juddex

Interestingly he've got no chance against the black man OBAMA, except he's after some cheap publicity.

June 15, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Joan

That was awfully nice of Gov. Chris Christie to invite Piers Morgan onto his show last night. As usual, Christie set the ground rules so no tough or controversial questions were asked. It really turned out to be a great pre-presidential promo for when Christie runs after Obama's second term. One question that should have been asked to Christie's children..."How great is it to attend the most expensive private schools in the state while your Dad decimates the public school system. " Of course they are happy kids who do not what their terrific lives uprooted to Washington. The price Mr. Christie pays for tuition for his four kids to attend Delbarton, et al each year has to come in around $150,000 +..more than twice the average salary of New Jersey's teachers!! Piers, I really enjoyed your show until now..when I learned that the ground rules for interview questions are set by someone else. Shame on you, Piers... Christie Gotcha!!!

June 15, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Veda mcdevitt

Governor Christie said he would again to use a State helicopter and pay $2000 to attend his kid's baseball game - first thing, the "kid" is 17, he should understand his father has important obligations besides his baseball game. Secondly, how many people in the world can afford to spend so frivolously? Governor Christie, and other politicians, should wait to run for important office until their children are grown up, then they will have more time for the business of the state, including the United States. PLEASE DO NOT RUN FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

June 15, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Mick Luby

Governor Christie ...PLEASE RUN FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!ONLY WITH THE WISHES OF YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!

June 15, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Phillip Lucas

NO WAY I WOULD VOTE FOR THIS GUY I HEARD ALL I NEEDED TO HEAR FROM HIM.. HE MORE HOLY THAN THE WORD OF GOD...

June 15, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • billy wingarden

He thinks he is God. Like too many repubs. maybe a few dems also

June 16, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Sal Frascino

His reaction to chopper-gate was simple.... his team of advisors told him what to say.

His reaction to running for president is simple.... He knows there not a Man or Woman alive today that could come close to beating president Obama.

Overall..... Piers Morgan was a great Infamershal host..... Next , the kitchen tool where he'll ask.... Can it core an apple...

By the way... he has never prosecuted not One case when he was US Attorney....... He took the John Gotti of Bank Fraud and had him go after and give up Two bit hoods in the world of Jersey Corruption... Now thats corrupt.

He's crying over paying 36000 in tax last year on his home... When there are hard workers who can't afford 1500 rent for a family of 4. He's Rich and he wants to keep it all and not provide his share to the State to help pay for the teachers.... Cops.... and Fireman. Shame on him.

June 15, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. mary vineyard

He is full of himself and NOT what we need in Government!

June 16, 2011 at 7:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Roedy Green

I am puzzled that Christie has any supporters at all. He is more corpulent that the late Murry Chaykin. He is perhaps the ugliest politician in America.. He speaks like a gangster. He has the manners of a gangster. He has been caught stealing from the public trough. What's to recommend him?

June 21, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. donna

hello Piers ..i just come in i saw you last night (like allways) you are perfect ,...in (question) a truth about Amanda K I HAVE BIG ???i saw one special program in italy chanel about this case ..i think is not very clear jet.my opinion. ..famity A K SPEND A LOT MONEY FOR THIS...ok you are my best frend and s. for me today i had to much things to do ...and one idiot bit my car ..insurece pay ..i am follow you and wach in cnn comercial.. thank you s

October 4, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Sal Frascino

I only wish we could get honest and true reporting from CNN and FOX . It seems that the Men and Women who work for CNN and FOX , like Piers Morgan, can't cross the line where we can identify the News Man . I believe that a real News Man and News Woman will ask the hard questions. Not lob softballs for the entire show. I never thought I would ever say this, but I miss Larry King.

Im could care less if Christie runs for President. He will not ever again be elected Governor in New Jersey. He could never beat President Obama and this is the only reason he makes the choice not to run in 2012. Everyone sees this and he know it.

We will bully Christie out of Trenton the same way he bullied Cops , Firman and Teachers out of there Contracts as the Contracts related to Pentions and Health Care. We sat dow at the table and our employee agreed to everything in the Contract that you are taking away . Union's did build this great Country and You sir will give this Country away to Cooperations . Just like a Republican, you see new ways of creating wealth for the wealthy by privatizing all public service . You already started with Charter Schools along with some poorly run Prisons .

Shame on you guys. We the People get it. We will not allow this to happen. We will stand up and fight you in every election from hear on. Don't you see what's going on in New York on Wall Street. The People are protesting your Friends that you help with your type of Governing .

Good bye Chris Christie