Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 17th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Tatum O'Neal on her battle with drugs... and her father

Last night Piers Morgan interviewed Tatum O'Neal last night, and the emotional sit-down touched on her relationship with her dad, the way she overcame drugs and more. "I know for sure my dad made a lot of mistakes," she says of Ryan O'Neal. "I'm sure that he's living with them today."

She also talked about her battle with drugs:

"I've had terrible rock-bottoms with heroin where I thought I would definitely die," she told Piers Morgan. The full interview re-airs Sunday night, 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Joe Fattal

Maybe Mr. Piers one day will invite a homeless person from New York and ask how is the street life in New York, what they think about the President, who they think needs to run the country, did the bad economy made live where they at on the streets, and some other questions that probably would be more interesting to know the answer besides all the high profile celebrities that appear on his show.

June 17, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Hanna Scott

Celebrity or not, we are all human beings. I have alot of respect for Tatum O'neal; she's obviously had alot of ups and downs in her life, as we all have. I appreciate your bravery, Tatum to share your story and to committ yourself to the healing process. All the best, you deserve it.

June 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. sc4521

Please post the clip where Tatum speaks about MJ, thanks.

June 17, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jim Motts

Ive seen a thousand celeb trainwrecks over the years but I must say I couldnt change the channel last night with T ONeal. I was totally impressed by her honesty and sincerity. She seems like someone who has been to hell and back with her dad, drugs, bad marraige etc. Im very jaded to all the celeb BS but I found myself totally rooting for her. Side note: I cant believe how incredibly beautiful she still looks inside and out esp after all shes been through. Best of luck to her. Jim

June 17, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Bonnie Nitaljones

Hate to tell you, Tatum is still on drugs, she was high when you were interviewing her tonight. Classic junkie! Once an addict always an addict. Just look at the clips again!

June 18, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • John K

Your wrong 5% of addicts do recover fully! It is there choice to be in the 5%. She looks fantastic for one year of recovery. It does take many years for the body and mind to heal from addiction. She is beautiful and hopefully will inspire other addicts to seek help. She is brave and I pray she stays strong and continues to share her story and help others with their addictions.

Anybody can be in the 5%.......They have FREEDOM!!!!

June 19, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cathy S.

I've just finished watching the rebroadcast of the interviews with Tatum and Ryan that were on earlier this week.....I didn't see anything indicating that Tatum was under the influence of drugs. You have accused her of being under the influence WHILE SHE WAS BEING INTERVIEWED!! So, what are the signs that you claim to have seen and what EVIDENCE do you have to support your allegation?

June 24, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. matt m

She seemed like she was on something. Still on drugs I think.

June 20, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Linda Butler

I though she was sincere. She looked healthy. I wish her the best!

June 21, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. franswa

The reason Tatum is being interviewed is because people care what she says. You on the other hand are not being interviewed, sorry, because no one cares what you have to say.

June 21, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. belladora

This may not be a popular consensese but.....when she said she put her family through hell, that was the truth. When Ryan said she contributed to Farrahs illness, that is not so far from truth either. I know two women that have died due to cancer. Originally healthy in mind body and spirit, didnt drink or smoke. The one thing they had in common/? Family chaos caused by one or two hateful people. Tatum is seemingly doing better. But she has hurt alot of people with her drama, and Ryan with his decietful narcissism. Personally im tired of them. And now? There is the artwork issue. It always comes down to selfishness. Tatum needs to let it go and stop looking for daddy. Hes not there.

June 23, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cathy S.

OMG!!! Honestly, I WISH people would STOP thinking that because they know one or two people who died of cancer after living with ++family stress, that this is a 100% causative factor in all deaths from cancer.....it's just not true in every case....IT'S NOT SO SIMPLE!! If it WAS true, would ANYONE ever die from cancer?? Of course NOT! Thousands of people die from Cancer every day with LOVING family and friends there giving support.

June 25, 2011 at 4:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • AnneB

I agree she needs to stop looking for Daddy. I also have selfish parents that were not present. I'm Tatum's age and have accepted that my parents will not change. I take them out to eat when I'm in town, they get invited to big events, and leave it at that. So I haven't cut them out but we are not close. I have more pressing matters at hand. Can't worry about relationships that my parents never wanted. Many others in my life and out in the world want a helping hand, friends, love, and relationships.

August 26, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Steve J.

Tatum and her father, Ryan, are incredibly courageous people for going on television and attempting to work out a stressed and tortured relationship so that it might help them reunite but also so that it might help others in similar relationships. I knew them both a long time ago and while they were unique people, they were loving and caring and not unlike anyone else. Just because they were/are so-called "movie stars" doesn't change things, other than to make life more difficult. I wish them both well. I applaud Tatum for her strength and dedication and Ryan for his honesty.

August 18, 2011 at 6:39 am | Report abuse | Reply