Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 27th, 2011

Is a baby on the way for Beyonce and Jay-Z? "I always said I'd have a baby at 30"

In the hour-long sit-down tonight airing at 9pmET/PT, Beyonce opens up to Piers Morgan about turning 30 in September. She says she can't wait. "I feel like 30 is the ideal age, because you're mature enough to know who you are and have your boundaries and your standards and not be afraid of too polite, but young enough to be a young woman," she says. "I'm so looking forward to it."

The age also got Beyonce talking about pregnancy. "I always said I'd have a baby at 30," she says. "I'm 29. But I also said I was going to retire at 30. I'm not retiring." So, is a baby on the way? "Only God knows," she said. Watch the full interview tonight, 9pmET/PT, and use #BeyonceOnCNN to join the conversation!

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Jeleel

I think so

June 27, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. suzy diamond

They're making way, way, too much money to stop now! Naw, never enough money.

June 27, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Sarah (New Zealand)

yaay i hope god will bless them with a kid if she is ready she seems ready the new album says it all

June 27, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Tony

Ask Beyonce why she played for Libya and Qadafi. Ask her...

June 27, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • tony also

because they paid her 1 million dollars for a couple of songs .... would you perform for a million?

August 26, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. V. Richmond

she's a lovely, poised young woman. why did he have to spoil interview by asking her about politics, a subject she is clearly not competent to comment on

June 27, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Capone Clayton

Im with you but you know he had to make her look stupid in some way!

June 29, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kate

Coming from someone who is? Or maybe knows her??

July 1, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Jean

Asking Beyonce to compare her "booty" to that of J.Lo was inappropriate, and racist!

June 27, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • GiGi

i mean its nothing new the booty battle btwn Beyonce, Jlo and now Kim Kardashian is NOTHING new to hear awkaward question yes racist??? i dont think so.

September 6, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Don Largo

Fascinating interview with Beyonce. I was absolutely thrilled with her presentation on "faith based" politics when asked about her Obama experience. I believe, Beyonce; I believe! Amen! Hear it brothers and sisters. Maybe she'll get cast for the remake of Sister Act?

...Oh happy day!

June 27, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. HAJ

Piers – STOP INTERRUPTING YOUR GUESTS! Beyonce was so gracious and put up with your constant interruptions. I wanted to hear what SHE had to say, not YOU! Happens during all of your interviews. You need to exercise more control to let your guests answer the questions. Typically they are not rambling on, they are saying something interesting and the thread gets lost with your interruption.

June 29, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • NAB

HAJ, I so agree with you about his interrupting. I wish I had counted how many times he interrupted her. I really like Piers, but one of these days I will have had enough of his interruptions and will change the channel. How can we solve this problem? I've emailed him a few times. Too bad Jay-Z wasn't there to say "knock it off"!!

June 30, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • LadyDay

I agree with you so, he is very rude. All of his quest he treats like he is better than them. Where is Larry when you need him, I truly do not watch the show because of him. Most of the people I know say the same about him. Give it some time, CNN will remove him, because they’re counting the money as it goes out the trash.

July 8, 2011 at 3:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. AArika

OMG i totally forgot... WHY DID SHE PERFORM FOR QADAFI... PLEASE ASK HER OR SOMEONE!!! SOMEHOW!!!! It was private little cramped up party that didn't even look comfortable now is that necessary to want money from him???? like hmmmmm..... i know you don't belong to the u.s. but thats dirty.... he is a terrorist?... but i guess you like to flirt with stuff like that?.... dang how could you feel comfortable....

June 29, 2011 at 3:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Dawn

I totally missed the interview with the beautiful Beyonce. Will you re-air that interview? If so, when? She is a force to be reckoned with. The girl is BAD and is one of my favorite artist today. PLEASE tell me that you will re-air this interview because I want to be front and center. Thank you.

June 29, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. kiley

Jay Z is one ugly mug so maybe her genes will be dominant..

June 29, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Judith Aussem

Avid fan of Pierce Morgan but even I am getting tired of his badly timed interruptions. As mentioned, rarely are the guests rambling on. I tuned in to hear THEM as well, Pierce. Clearly he prefers the sound of his own voice. However that is quite British, isn't it?

June 30, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jules

Last sentence rather inapprorpiate I think.

July 30, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Pattison

Wats up.

July 1, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Alessandro Bernardi

Do not retire before 3 babies – Piers can wait for the "great day"!

July 7, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. LadyDay

Morgan, I guess every woman of color has to be spit on by you. How do you know about her behind, your question was horrible. This is not the first time you’ve talked to an lady inappropriately.

July 8, 2011 at 3:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Kathleen

After watching that interview ...I now understand where Beyonce's humility and manners comes from. Stars often stray from reality and get a big head when they don't have enough family or caring people close to them to correct them. TINA took care of that! I knew it! .... . I used to get my hair done at headlines in Houston. After getting my hair washed and dryed I needed a chair .... A young but celebrity Beyonce got up and gave me hers. I was impressed that she seemed grounded then. A small deed but made an impression. Now I know where it came from. God bless Beyonce's family for raising her right.

July 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Kathleen

For all the haters in here .... life's a B.....eeeeeeyonce!... some people are just winners.

July 11, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Gustavo Costa Salomão

Hello my name is Gustavo live in Brazil, and really like Beyonce because Beyonce has a great number of fans here in Brazil I would like you from the United States that this message to her. (Beyonce does not speak English but you learn that language in order to follow in his footsteps)

July 18, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Dimitry

I am sure pierce did some phone hacking.

July 19, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. ULISSES JUNIOR POET OF LOVE

ACESSE YOUTUBE ULISSES JUNIOR POET VOTE HELP ME MY SOMH FAMOUS POET

July 22, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Tracy

Congrats!!!

July 27, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. donna

i'm not intristing for her ..really i don;t know nothing about B.
    THANK YOU..s

September 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Tiffany

I hope she have Twins 1 boy & Girl........Or either or!!! I am sooooo happy for her...:)

September 3, 2011 at 1:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Claudia

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BABY ON THE WAY AND HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY BEYONCE. I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH. YOU MY ROLE MODEL. I LOVE YOUR POSITIVE ENERGY. I WILL SEE YOU ONE DAY IN CONCERT BY GODS GRACE AND POWER. I LOVE YOU.

September 4, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Nekka

Congrates on your pregnancy Beyoncé and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY I hope you had fun on your birthday.

I remeber when I was a little girl and I didn't believed that music could change lives until I heard such a beautiful voice;the voice of an angel.After watching you grow up in Destiny's child and now as a solo artist you've changed my life you made me feel better about myself all your songs they've changed me to become who I am today and now I'm only 16 and working on becoming an artist myself and it's all because of you,and you know Gaga was right you are most definitly a very graceful and beautiful person and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.Thank you for changing my life Beyoncé :)

September 5, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Gigi

OMG cute but now i feel old bc u were like 4 when DC 1st album came out!!

September 6, 2011 at 4:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Ted Peterson

Hope she chooses a cool name, I hit up http://www.oldladynames.com for old time names for my baby!

September 9, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Anne

Maturity has nothing to do with AGE :)

September 9, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. chris bradley

test

September 17, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. chris bradley

Morgans show some dance show guy brag his immigrant granny can not speak English – I think More respect is needed to the country he and his family ran too when they could not make their country work = is required

September 17, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Susie

Why are you not covering occupy Wall Street?

September 20, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. why cant I get pregnant

Great blog right here! Also your site a lot up very fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate hyperlink on your host? I desire my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

April 3, 2012 at 4:05 am | Report abuse | Reply