Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 8th, 2011

Beyonce on pitfalls of fame: "I would be very happy if I could cut it off, just enjoy my life when I wasn't performing"

Piers Morgan's in-depth interview with Beyonce re-airs tonight, but here's a web extra clip that didn't air from their car ride to Harrod's. In it, Beyonce talks about fame and money. "I like it when I'm on the stage, but honestly, I would be very happy if I could cut it off, just enjoy my life when I wasn't performing," she says of fame. "Being a female, people are a lot more aggressive. I notice being with Jay, people give us more privacy...If I have to sacrifice some of my privacy, it's not great but it is what it is."

Would she prefer to be anonymous, and poor? "I don't know, because I'm thinking I would probably go back, but then that means I wouldn't be me," says the star. Hear her thoughts on whether money can buy happiness above, and watch the full interview tonight, 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Web Extra
  1. Gerda Mueller

you are THE worst interviewer in history and totally unwatchable. people are watching your show for your guests and not YOU !!!!! you interrupt, bring yourself in the foreground, compare yourself to your guests.
    I am out of here !!!!!

July 9, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. carlito

I love Bee and I know a lot in the industry that would give up the life of fame to have privacy. I know it must be hard living with a sercurity detail everywhere you go...

July 9, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Rich

It is painful watching how many times Piers interrupts his guests. He doesn't let them finish their sentences. Very frustrating. Please stop it.

July 9, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Melike

Little Monsters;URGENTVOTE FOR LADY GAGA for three different arwads:1- For THE QUEEN OF POP (BRITNEY STILL IN FRONT, so vote!!) go to digitalspy and click in music then news .2- For Teen Choice Awards (must VOTE EVERYDAY).3- For Billboard Music Awards.

April 2, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Me

More annoying: Piers or Beyonce? If Beyonce truly wish she could turn off the fame, not only would she stop performing, she'd stop trying to be the most overexposed celebrities of our time by doing commercials for everything under the sun, like makeup and DirectTV (to name just a FEW of her MANY endorsements). Love these celebutards who can't understand why they attract so much attention and whine about it. I'm sure hse has enough money to quit and not work for the rest of her life if she really wanted to.

July 10, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Will McFadden

He got Beyonce Real Good in this one

July 10, 2011 at 2:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Pat

Suzanne Summer I wholly agree with her on aging and cancer. I'm a few years older than her and do not take any Prescription drugs. I'm very active and eat normal meals everyday. I take vitamin E, D and fish oil. As for cancer I think doctors are too eager to get you in the hospital and on Chemo lots of money for this disease. On chemo that is not living it is exsisting. I would not chose any supposing cancer cures. I'm eager to see what other natural things you take as I would like to add them to my way of life. As I am living white water rafting, traveling and sling shot rides.

July 10, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply