Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 27th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Why George Lopez and Jay Leno aren't friends; how he responded to divorce fall-out

Last night "Piers Morgan Tonight" talked to comedian George Lopez about his childhood, politics and more – but he also talked about the late night wars. "I do not have a personal relationship with Jay Leno," said the TBS host. "We are not friends, nor have we ever been friendly." Watch the clip above to see why.

Lopez opened up about his recent divorce:

Speaking about his divorce, Lopez said: "We have personalities that are very big, she's funny, and she's great, and I would honestly say to you I deserve a lot of the hits I got."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. steve sbeam

I have had the lucky ocasion to meet Jay Leno several times . He has always been nothing buy a class act. If my kids grow up to have his drive for sucess and his ethics then i will know i have done my job as a parent very well. I have to question george lopez ethics here

July 27, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • thefreeresumebuilder

I got to meet Jay Leno twice in Burbank, CA. He is a very nice man and he comes across as a hard worker. Wish him nothing but the best!

March 15, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • neonjeff

These comedians are also businessmen. When private business deals are done, then someone walks away from a promise, there is going to be bad blood. The word gets around "Hey, watch out. He might snake you like he did to Conan." What appears to have happened is that everyone was going to stand there ground when it came to the Late Night shakeup. Conan tanked from three factors; he wasn't as funny on Tonight show, his background set was too posh to watch comfortably, and Jay Leno was moved to a slot before him that tanked and interfered with the local news stations. Money was being lost. If Leno had not capitulated to take the Tonight show back – Leno would have been the one to walk. As it turned out - nobody really won – the Tonight show is lame with low ratings. The old Late Night with Jimmy Fallon has flat-lined. Conan gets less viewers than Lopez did. And Lopez lost his show. Stewart and Colbert is where people are turning for humor in the 18-49 demographic. Letterman is about to retire and Craig Ferguson is holding on with his fingernails. It's gotten very, very hard to make money at the business of being funny. Two years from now – you will most likely see – a totally different line-up. And maybe some of these old hat comedy shows based on "how Johnny Carson did it " totally gone.

May 2, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Gus

I was shoked last night when I heared (George Lopez) attacking visiously Jay Leno. Ethicly, you
    should not let him saying that especialy when he took the liberty to express his opinion on behave of several people.
    Jay Leno is a descent man and he does not deserve that cheap shot.

July 27, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Andrew

Your opinion might have a bit more credibility if you could spell shocked, viciously, ethically, especially, behalf or decent.

August 16, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • duffer

Come on Andrew...I bet you are a huge "letterman" fan. Now there is somebody who is washed up, worn out, and plain angry. It's actually painful to watch him.

August 16, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

The above post is indicative of the downturn in our nation's intellectual capitol. His grammar is terrible. I wonder how he can even hold a job.

August 16, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • adotri

Our nation's "capitol"...WOW!!! so much for grammar

August 16, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
      • sisterdo

Mike, you are the idiot. It's "capital," for you're attempting to make an analogy to MONEY or its equivalent, not a place like Washington D.C.

I love it when poorly educated fools try to make someone feel stupid and reveal their own stupidity instead. The internet is wonderful for revealing how dumb liberal elitists truly are.

August 16, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jacob

Seriously, what kind of a moron complains about grammar while subsequently spelling words wrong himself!? This is hilarious!!!

August 19, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
      • Wayne

here on countless ocaiocsns, Rasmussen polls are highly suspect because they use a likely voters model, which makes no sense. Harris polls are worthless because they are conducted online, which means they involve a self-selected sample. Gallup is the gold standard of political polls, and it shows more approval than disapproval of Obama's job performance.

June 28, 2012 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Cameron

That is out of line all he said was he was not freinds with him he didn't say he was a terrible person granted he did say that he made a race remark but nothing terrble!

August 22, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. jennie

i thought u where a better man george lopez

July 27, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sushant

Here’s a thought Allan. Maybe all the hoploa over global warming is really nothing. How about we address the greenhouse gas issue from a national security perspective. Becoming energy independent would enable us to not be quite so concerned the affairs of countries half a world away whose politics may or may not be friendly. Our only interest in that region is because those miserable stretches of dirt just happen to be on some of the more plentiful oil deposits. I am sick and tired of sending our brave heroes to go half way round the world to fight and die because our nation will not get off its collective asses and find a way to wean ourselves from fossil fuels.Like Lee pointed out in another thread. Actions have consequences. And how much longer are we going to accept the negative consequences of those actions?

June 30, 2012 at 3:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. nazielibs

I have heard those comments before about libs leaving the country. Hell...leave lopez.....lead the way. Palin ain't gonna be President, but i want you to leave the country anyway, and take your clan with you. What have you done for real Americans to care where you go. Take ubama and george soros with you. I bet you won't leave, cause you are a typical lib wuss.

July 28, 2011 at 4:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Elizabeth

Learn to spell and then maybe people will take notice of what you Have to say.

August 16, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • duffer

Elizabeth, you used a capital letter incorrectly! Not only can you not debate with facts, you can't even correct someone's grammar without making your own simple mistake. You have been smoking too much of that MSLSD...

August 16, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Rich

Mr. Lopez's comments about Governor Palin were more of an insult to Alaskans who voted for her as well as our election process. What Mr. Lopez either ignored or just doesn't realize is that Governor Palin had more on the job experience then our current president.

As far as him moving to Canada, PLEASE don't wait, go now and don't let the customs gate hit you in the ass as you go.

July 28, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • tn_blackshoe

I thought it interesting when he said that he couldn't support Gov Palin because she lacks political experience and couldn't vote for anyone with no experience. And yet he completely supports Pres. Obama. Yes he was a senator but it seems to me that as soon as he was elected he started running for President. He also said that he's going to run for mayor of LA (guess he won't vote for himself). What a jerk.

July 31, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • G

At least Obama isn't a quitter like Sarah Palin. This women wants to be President, yet she quit her job. As for Jay Leno he seems like a nice guy but I still like Lopez.

July 31, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
      • Elizabeth

You need to learn as well the woman is an idiot and belive me you can not see Russia from her house and even if you could that does not make you an expert on european market,

August 16, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
      • adotri

To Elizabeth,
        Are you really that uninformed? Palin never said she could see Russia from her house, it was Tina Fey making fun of Palin....truly amazing...

August 16, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
      • Mariaxili

Thanks for noticing small bike nlodiag details.I will post more videos of how to load a bike into the truck bed, trailer Would anybody be interested in seeing such videos?

April 4, 2012 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

Sorry but I'm from Alaska and I do not take no offence from this what so ever and we all didn't vote for her maybe the majority since she's Alaskan but we all have our own opinions so don't speak from a place you do not live in. Simple and short, Sarah Palin would be a horrible president. Besides we all know no way in hell she will ever be elected.

August 9, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. LEO8824

GEORGE LOPEZ USED TO BE COOL UNTIL HE STARTED TO BEHAVE LIKE THE REST OF THE LOW LIFE COMEDIANS, USING PROFANITY AND GETTO GESTURES. TO ME HE WAS THE BILL COSBY OF LATINOS.
    HE SHOULD BE ECSTATIC HE MADE IT WHERE THOUSANDS HAVE NOT, INTEAD OF BEHAVING LIKE ANOTHER BROTHER WITH A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDERS. HE'S A TURN OFF.

July 28, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. mamafiore

I like Jay Leno, however there must be some validity to what George is saying, he doesn't strike me a malicious person. Hats off to him for speaking his mind. Not too many people do that now-a-days. None of us work in the area of comedy. A lot of comedians made cracks on Jay after the fall out with Conan and the execs of the network. I think they should all get over it, each one of them has there own following, and what's more important.............they are all working!

July 28, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Kbl

George is no longer my fav. He is heading downhill! shame on you for whatever you did to your wife.
    Also, you can't speak for other talk show hosts. I have heard Jimmy Fallon likes Leno, you just made yourself look like a bad sport jerk.
    you used to be funny when you were on radio, no cursing, now you are desperate and go for slamming others, very ugly. Its time to quit!!!!!!!!

July 29, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Marichele

Leave now George – you'll get your pick of places before the California rush sets in. HURRY!!

Oh yeah, Canada doesn't want you, try Iran, China or North Korea!

July 29, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. J.mckenna

Lopez always seemed like a naturally funny guy, but a bit short in the IQ department.
    Criticizing Jay Leno sounds like a Luke warm way of getting cheap publicity for a
    Rapidly dwindling entertainment lifespan. If I had to choose Leno or Lopez for a man
    With character and integrity, Lopez is not even in the same ballpark.

July 30, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jerry Martin Davis

McKenna? Irish or Scot? Figures...

July 31, 2011 at 3:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • fyi

I believe the term you're looking for is lukewarm... it has nothing to do with the man's name.

August 16, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Mickey

It's always funny when people can dish it out but can not take. If he is so upset over Jay then he need to say sorry to all of the other races that he has made fun of over his career.

July 30, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jerry Martin Davis

Upset? He´s upset? Leno? Leno Who?

July 31, 2011 at 3:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Willie

Umm.... The same Leno that you've referred to throughout this entire thread. Dumb@**...

Or was that suppose to be a lame attempt to suggest Leno is not very well known? If so, then... George Lopez?! Really?! Bwahaaaaa! That's hilarious. Compare numbers & ratings for both men's shows. Enough said...

June 12, 2013 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jacqueline Callan

I appreciate Piers Morgan's interview with George Lopez. George answered every question and I am happy I was able to catch it. It does give me another appreciation for someone I didn't know well at all. There is so much more to George Lopez than I ever saw in the angry specials mostly on the Comedy channel. Thank you Piers for a job well done!

Jacqueline Callan
    Tarzana, CA

July 30, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • G

I completely agree, I really did enjoy this interview. I just came about it by accident but it turned out to be a very enlightening interview about a person I just knew on the surface. He answer everything with honestly and I appreciate that since to many celebs act a little too perfect. It's no wonder people are surprise when some of them have a scandal.

July 31, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Mariee

George says if Arnold could run for office so can he, has he forgotten how Arnold left California ? That is exactly why we should never vote in another actor/entertainer that has no experience or education. I would never vote for him, so you don't have this Latino vote.

July 30, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. undasea6969

So has George stopped his "alleged" stealing of material from other comics? How do we know his comments on this show are really his and not Joe Rogan's?

July 31, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jerry Martin Davis

How can you write such nonsense? You a moron? I mean, mormon?

July 31, 2011 at 3:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Rebecca H.

Mormon? What does that have to do with anything? What a jerk!

March 6, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • tintin

Dear Sir, I write to ask whether you would be able to come on BBC World Service, nlemay teh Newshour programme, this coming Friday at around 4pm eastern time. It would be to talk about your typo book and would require a trip to a BBC bureau or to an NPR studio, unless you have a good Skype connection with a headset. (We would have to test the line.) Please leave me a contact phone number if you are able. If not, please could you still reply by email. Many thanks, Nigel DoranOutput editor, Newshour

June 27, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Isabelle

George said that he wants all his politicians to have a background in politics, yet he said he would run for mayor, how does that jibe?

July 31, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Jerry Martin Davis

Best Piers Interview by far. Lopez, what a heart. What could you not love about the man. Naked honesty at it´s best. Congrats...

July 31, 2011 at 3:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Greg

If George Lopez becomes a comedian at any point, allegedly, I will move to Canada…
    I like my comedians to have a comedic background…to be comedic…to know comedics…to actually have inherited something from working in the comedic world.

George Lopez is a moron. This guy is considering a bid for the Mayor of Los Angeles. I hope his politics are not as bad as his jokes. Thank God I moved out of California.

-Watch the George Lopez interview on Piers Morgan Tonight!

July 31, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Lori Hanada

Is it me, or is George's head exceptionally large for his body?

August 1, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. TOMMY

JAY LENO IS A VERY HONORABLE PERSON..SORRY MR. LOPEZ..YOU ARE NOT A HAPPY PERSON..

August 1, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. wildhorses

Lopez it just another mean-spirited liberal democrat.
    He attacks anyone not of his political leaning.

August 1, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. steve

....I just wish that actors would keep their word.
    Mr Lopez will move to Canada just like Mr Baldwin promised to leave the US if Mr Bush was elected....
    Well....He did get elected but I guess making money in Hollywood is more important than their honor.

August 7, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Rocky

I found the interview to be refreshing, what wasn't said about Jay Leno is that he is a racist. He doesn't understand Latinos nor the humor. Don't blame George at all for not liking Leno.

August 9, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. jay lopez

They're not friends because two ego's that big can't exist in the same area. Besides the fact that Jay Leno is an unfunny jerk that stabbed his friends in the back and Lopez is an unfunny jerk that's a racist. Aside from that, I see good things for both of them.

August 16, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. AL

I am Hispanic and like Jay Leno and starting to dislike Lopez. After Lopez's remark about that dancer on dancing with the stars looking like a pig was a big turnoff to me. This comment to George Lopez don't bring our Raza down with your hate..........

August 16, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. John

For a guy who publicly dissed Kirstie Alley in "Dancing w the Stars", then took his wife's kidney & divorced her saying, "there are a lot of couples that do that for each other" ...NOT!!!! And publicly criticizing Jay Leno for jokes on his race? Is he kidding?!!! George was born in the US!!!! what a liar & a loser! No wonder he isn't successful...Karma's a b_tch!

August 16, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. EM

Newsflash! Not everyone in the world gets along. I don't care for either host really, but I think Mr. Lopez's comments were honest and refreshing, especially in an industry where everyone publicly claims to be "friends" just so they don't step on someone's toes and ruin any future job opportunities. The a s s kissing in Hollywood is nauseating (and, yes, I've been there) so I'm glad Mr. Lopez doesn't play along.

August 16, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Alex

Despite the fact I am Canadian, I do not feel I cannot speak on behalf of the Canadian people and their desire or lack of desire to adopt GeorgeLopez as a Canadian immigrant. However, I do believe that the spelling, grammar and punctuation for the vast majority of comments I have read here today are simply abysmal. I do believe that if you want to help impress upon people that you are providing valid and informed opinions, it is imperative to take care of first things first, like basic writing skills. Granted, many people have learning disabilities, i.e. Dyslexia, etc. it is hard to imagine this is the case for most of the people writing there comments here. Consider.

August 17, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Marllon

SmogHouseTradingCo@SuperGuitarman69 You're insane, our tax money gets poeold together. This is about returning the tax rates back to where they were supposed to be. The tax breaks were temporary because we could not afford them So you have not proven anything The rich should be taxed more than the poor, if you're really an economist you would know why There's a reason EVERY developed country (other than communist) has a proportional income tax. So are you a communist?

August 1, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Tngal19

Alex, when talking about people its "their comments", if you are telling someone about the comments you point and say "There are the comments". Consider that.

August 17, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Angel

Seriously, Ya'll are arguing over misspelling and grammar???? bwahahahahah Get a life. If you can understand the meaning of the post, Then stop being so uptight.

I love Leno! I also love George, Jimmy, Jimmy and Dave is ok. Conan, not so much....... Too Goofy

August 17, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. j

rememeber folks he srewed over david for the tonite show and he just screwed conan.. im just sayin

August 17, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • chris

you guys think that these guys don't have bosses! lol
      jay didn't screw letterman, the executives chose Jay.. they made the decision! not jay, not dave...
      dave lost... he wasnt screwed out of anything.
      you all think Jay sucks.. will frankly you are all a major minority. because America loves JAY!
      20 years on the Tonight show and number 1 .. the ratings speak for themselves!
      Jay is King!

August 18, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. pdf

Like any profession, when you're looked at by the entire majority of your peers as backstabbing, untrustworthy and a guy that will do anything (even if it takes stepping on you) to succeed, you have a pretty good idea what makes that person ... for all his folksy 'ah shucks' way, I bet you Jay Leno is a pretty lousy guy. I can't stand him – think his whole deal is phony. Granted, I'm no Lopez fan (thank god his show was cancelled) but he didn't run from the questions – said it like it is even to his own detriment. It takes a pair to do that on national TV - you'll never see Jay Leno do this. Never.

August 18, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  32. kelly

I think Jay Leno stinks as a person.Never watched his show,because of what little I,ve seen of him.He is very boring,and should be taken off of the air.The only way he is public ,is like Jesse Jackon,stirring up a bunch of crap!

August 18, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. chris

because all the other late night talk show hosts are not number 1 and LENO is.. that's why they hate him..
    the ratings speak for themselves. :LENO is number 1, always has been!!

August 18, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sinem

Aww, you're so sweet, Jessica! Thank you for being great, too! I'm so glad your friend got to see this mceforpanre! I'm really enjoying working on my All About Musicals blog. I'll be blogging about Wicked every so often, so feel free to share the link with you friend! (www.musicals.temlynwriting.com until I get the site its own domain.)I went around and told a bunch of my friends about the mceforpanre that evening, too, so I guess quite a few of us stayed up late for it.

April 2, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jayesh

I was wondering if you ever cdionsered changing the layout of your website? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?

June 27, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  34. Vermont

I grew tired of Leno's practice of telling the same infidelity joke about Bill Clinton night after night after night – not just while Clinton was president, but for years afterward. And yet, if one of Leno's friends did something publicly humiliating, he would never joke about it (the Michael Richards debacle, for instance. If Richards had been anyone but a friend, he'd have reamed him for it and kept it up to the present day). And his treatment of Conan over the Tonight Show franchise was classic Leno – petty, mean, and unforgivable.

August 18, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Donnie

George Lopez actually made correct statements about Jay Leno. Leno has proven to be underhanded, manipulative and a back stabber. I hope my kids DON'T turn out like Leno. The man hid in a closet in a business meeting so he could overhear what was being said in a closed door meeting. He is a liar and a dishonest charlatan. Go George Lopez! Jay Leno has shown his stripes twice now, neither has revealed a man of any integrity.

August 18, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. chris

you guys are way out of line for calling Jay leno a snake.. LOOK!
    NBC brought him Back! it was an executive decision, has nothing to do with JAY! sure he could of said, OH NO, that would be mean to CONAN!
    give me a break, you gonna turn down 30 million dollars a year? just because it's not fair LOL hahaha
    this is hollywood, this is a dog eat dog society, this is an industry based on back stabbing and getting what you can!
    Jay has been in this business long enough to know that! Letterman has always been bitter towards him because he lost the tonight show to him. fact is, JAY gets the ratings! and at the end of the day thats what it all comes down to.
    Lopez would of done the same thing! he wants to go around preaching he wouldn't fine, but we all know most would. you can bet on that!

August 18, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. David in LA

I want to like George, but he can't tell a joke without bringing up race or his own ethnic background. Leno doesn't need to make ethnic jokes or us profanity to be funny. Lopez knows nothing else.

August 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. SoJayLeno

Huge fan of Jay Leno :-) I am finishing a new fan site http://sojayleno.com real time news, pics, videos, daily email alerts. Check it out, let me know what you think. -SoCelebrities

August 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Suraj

with all due respect Allan, the adtioidn of Lee's angry right winger postings leave precious little humor to your site. Global warming is a serious problem that all but a few (oil company backed) scientists agree must be dealt with. I've never quite understood why Republicans found humor in something so serious, but then again, you have a link to Michelle Malkin on your site which tell sme pretty much what I need to know.

July 30, 2012 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. TimonsikL

Привет всем только для Вас отличный ресурс с кучей свежих фильмов, заходим на бестселлеры . Отличный ресурс. Только лучшее для Вас!!!

August 25, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Roll Dog

I so agree with George Lopez on Jay Leno. I hated that George's late night show was canceled. I hope to see him on a better network besides ABC and TBS.

Jay Leno is arrogant. He is not really that funny either. He needs to retire and do something else.

September 10, 2011 at 2:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Tytha

True, indeed, thuogh I would be interested in seeing the author parallel park or alley dock a 45-foot motorcoach. I wholly agree with his statements, but he's not the only one out there who knows how to park a vehicle.

April 2, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. jj

It's odd that a comedian has thin skin about jokes.

April 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Willie

Which *comedian* had thin skin?? All I remember the interview revealing was that only George Lopez had thin skin. ;-)

June 12, 2013 at 12:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Bib

they shoulda had me repclae conan screw jay i had to get up to pee at 12:05 am anyways leno shoulda taken his show to tbs not conan jay woulda been fired after6 monrgs when lopez tried to retake the timeslot

June 27, 2012 at 7:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Christian

I'm excited to find irnofmation on this that's not dull. Your presentation, writing style and points are well-done and interesting. You have done a great job with writing this article aimed at readers like me.

July 31, 2012 at 12:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  45. mildred

who cares what some stupid wetback says. I have met both jay leno and george lopez. Jay Leno was gracious and nice to the 50 fans that were trying to talk to him. George Lopez on the other hand was rude and obnoxious when we met him. And for a guy always making jokes about white people george lopez sure hangs out with alot of them. so i say–hey george lopez –hurry up and finish my lawn you stupid ugly wetback.

April 6, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ed Green

Are you one of George's bitter backstage groupies? I am just wondering.

June 2, 2013 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Willie

I really don't know much about Mr. Lopez; I kinda thought he died a few years ago, honestly. Glad he didn't...

Anyway, I didn't really mind Mr. Lopez's comments about Jay Leno. Leno-bashing is the current trend among the self-proclaimed edgy comics now, so kudos to Mr. Lopez for trying to get in on the act. The real problem is that, no matter how hard Piers Morgan tried, the guy couldn't really give a reason why he had a beef with Leno. Some Leno joke about Lopez selling out? Does anyone know what he's talking about? When Piers Morgan asked him to elaborate, the poor fool struggled. He admits that he doesn't even really know Leno. So.... Still not sure what his beef is. (??) Other than Leno is far superior in terms of comedic ability and ratings. Sigh... Looks like jealousy has reared it's ugly head yet again.

June 12, 2013 at 12:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  47. 行動電源

Fantastic awesome things here. I'm very satisfied to appear your post. Thanks a lot and i'm taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail? 行動電源 http://www.powerbankdigital.com

June 24, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. In Home Personal Training Long Island

I know Why George Lopez and Jay Leno aren't friends? I dislike both of these guys. I think George is a
    lair and i think Jay is an arrogant two faced person. I also think George should not put words in
    people's mouths.

This guy is living in a different world then me!
    Called High School With Money!

December 10, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse | Reply