READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For July 27, 2011 – Vote on Sen. John Boehner's plan delayed, no cancer coverage for 9/11 responders, UK recognizes Libya rebels as legitimate government...
• House delays vote on Boehner plan: "House Republicans have delayed a vote on Speaker John Boehner's proposal to raise the debt ceiling after the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said the plan would not cut as much spending as advertised. The vote was to have taken place Wednesday but has been postponed until Thursday at the earliest, a congressional source told CNN on condition of not being identified."
• UK recognizes Libya rebels as legitimate government: "The United Kingdom recognizes Libya's rebel umbrella group, not Moammar Gadhafi's regime, as the legitimate government, Foreign Secretary William Hague said Wednesday. He said London was working on ways to unfreeze Libyan government assets and get funds to the rebels."
• No cancer coverage for 9/11 responders: "Workers who were involved in the response to the World Trade Center attack will not have their cancer treatments compensated under a program set up after September 11, according to a controversial decision released Tuesday by the World Trade Center Health Program. There is inadequate "published scientific and medical findings" that a causal link exists between September 11 exposures and the occurrence of cancer in responders and survivors, program Administrator John Howard said in a statement."
• Court reverses ruling on Loughner medication: "Bizarre and suicidal actions of Arizona shooting suspect Jared Lee Loughner have pushed a federal appeals panel to reverse an earlier decision and allow authorities to force him to take anti-psychotic medication."
• Jesse James and Kat Von D split: "Jesse James and Kat Von D have called off their engagement and broken up. 'I'm so sad because I really love her,' James tells PEOPLE exclusively. 'The distance between us was just too much.'"