Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

August 10th, 2011

Trace Adkins on America's Business Model: "It doesn't make sense"

Tonight, Country music star Trace Adkins sits down with Piers Morgan to talk about his new album "Proud to be Here," his unfortunate accidents and more. The stock market and debt debate is affecting everyone these days and Adkins is no exception. "It makes no sense to me," he says. Adkins gives an analogy if you're credit card company called and said that you were over your credit limit he would call back and say "we all voted that you should raise our debt limit."

To hear more from Adkins tune to "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9pm ET

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. Susan in Austin Texas

I am PROUD to publish my entire product line in the USA.
    I refuse to give try to save my having my nature and science products....made in China!
    AMERICAN MADE, AMERICAN PHOTOGRAPHERS, AMERICAN ILLUSTRATORS.

August 10, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jean

Oh goodness. Could we please stop asking people who don't understand economics for their solutions?

August 10, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. John

Holy Crap!!! Piers, I must apologize for any previous negative remarks, I thought you were merely ignorant, like the rest of us. Turns out you are clearly stupid. You honestly believe Trace Adkins represents America's "heartland". He's wearing a hat looks like it got from some guy participating in New Orleans Mardi Gras. He's rich....very rich. No, Piers, the guy working in the coal mines in West Virginia. The guy working in the tomatoe fields in Georgia. The guy working in the corn fields in Nebraska. All of them wondering whether or not the idoits like you are ever gonna have enough...so they can fight each other over what's left. That's America's heartland now the corporate CEO's have put guys like you on to give the rest of us poor ignorant folk an education. Well, as long as your ratings remain high, that is.

August 10, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Robyn Taylor-Drake

Are you aware that while on tour, Trace's, home which he shares with his wife and 5 daughters, burned to the ground last month? He's a great performer but he's (don't know why) not on the top tier of performers and so his income isn't what you might think. It costs a huge amount of $$ to take a show on the road. And I disagree that he isn't a good representation of middle America; he lives in the suburbs with a large family to support, 5 kids to put through college and a small army of employees, from road people to band members (most with families). He has to make sure they have work so they can pay their mortgages. To keep the good ones, they have to be on some kind of retainer, so when he's not on the road, they will still get paid, or he loses them to other acts. The concert gross figures might look huge to you, but do you have any idea how much comes right off the top to pay the productions costs, booking agents, managers, etc. What's left over has to pay the employees and while Trace might not be wondering where his next meal is coming from, he has a huge overhead with a lot of mouths to feed. He's an amazing person, whether you like his brand of music or how he dresses..... I have a lot of admiration for him and the others like him who leave their families and homes to go entertain for the troops & the public. He came home (off tour from Alaska) for a few hours when his house burned, but then got right back on an airplane so he would be back in time for his show. Would you do that? Seriously, would you?

August 11, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Kelly

Outstanding comment Robyn....I am with you 100%! Trace isn't like many others, he is for the American people whether others want to see it or not. He is not saying he knows how to run this country, he just wants to see a better economy to help America The Beautfiul ! Just an average american trying to live the American Dream absolutely nothing wrong with that.

August 13, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
      • drake passage

how the economy runs, spray hose up, ..can't create jobs until spending picks up. i hope trace, and others support FACT, educate Fact, he learns. to protect these people, the lower classes who can't even be assured their letter to the editor in their paper will be printed.. ...being asked about the deficit. a reporter should ask someone who is in to the subject; but if trace were into the topic, and mentions it to piers, why of course, then the subject is on. but economic fact is fact. low wages cause deficits. this you should care to. Either the lower classes get a gov. stim. monthly, cures econ. suddenly; or they keep giving rich bailouts only, and we suffer and may never recover,– as we will turn into mexicio's econ. . Piers, is lord sugar your bff? to name your kid lord.

August 14, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
      • Jannie

RIGHT ON ROBYN! Trace is right on. Take care.

August 15, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

It looks like you are part of those "poor ignorant fok" that need an education...you're spelling is definitely lacking! And while Trace Adkins may have a lot of money now, he hails from a country upbringing, where he worked on oil rigs for many years. Just because you are blessed today, it does not mean it was not a tough road to get there!

August 11, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jj

AMEN. You said it.. Since when is foreign CRIMINAL under investigation have rights to interview, question this
      country. SEND the TURNCOAT backd to where he came from. DEPORT Piers Morgan. Trace Adkins is no different.
      Who thinks he can sing is beyond me. Sounds like a defunct fog horn that is so bored with himself and his own voice,
      it ian effort to vocalize. So just ignornant, stupid mindless coments come out oftheir holes. Never know which hole
      it coming from. They all stink. Especially piers morgan.

August 23, 2011 at 4:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. thomas warburton

as i watched your show tonight,whch by the way i like your style of putting your guests on the spot,i was inspired to see an american who chose to give work to americans ,rather then go for the chinese product at a personal cost to himself.he is a person who realizes that money is not the only value that a person should pursue.why did all the present and past politicians and corporations NOT realize this when they gave AWAY america to the rest of the world.It started years ago on everyones (political/corporate) watch,as we all sat back and did nothing.i guess GREED will be the downfall of the world because being animals ,do we really want to share the KILL with the other animals!

August 10, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Terri Mason

Trace Atkins I Loved what your message tonight – We have a machine Shop – Mfg company for 45years and we are about to go under – because CHINA has taken our work away- FSE sands for FOUR SLIDE ENGINEERING – in So. CA. I totally understand that CHINA doesnot have the regulations that the USA has and CA. has MORE then the other states. But we still want to make a living and provide jobs – In fact we are down to 8 emplyees and 32 hours a wk when we had 32 employees before and 40 hr wks. So tell
    china and the GOIVEREMNET TO SHUF it andstart Charging Tarriffs on CHINA's inport.... Thank You Trace and Piers See you on AGT

August 10, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • HolasoyunaAlien

There's a free tool you can use to see who owns a phone nembur at just type the nembur into the search box and hit the button.This tool searches the free resources online such as Google and Whitepages to bring back such owner details as their full name and location.If it can't find any free information, it shows you the best place to find it.Hope this helps?

May 20, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Kim

I like Trace Atkins as an artist and I imagine he's a frendly enough guy but when it comes to economics and politics, I'm sorry to say that he is possibly quite clueless. It's funny to me that so many rich people think they know what's best for the poor and middle class. And more of the middle class are fast becoming the poor. People really need to wake up and smell the coffee on this fact. The truth is that these celebrities don't know the facts. Maybe they once did but lots of money and power almost always corrupt and taint the way people think and see things.

August 11, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Robyn Taylor-Drake

What exactly does RICH mean to you? Trace isn't rich, he's very intelligent and has a better than most understanding of middle American, because he interact with these people every night of the week. He's plugged in, better believe it. Do you personally think that you're so smart about this that you can throw stones? No, didn't think so...

August 11, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. drake

Piers is for closing down twitter in britain to poor? britain must be similar to iran afterall then. kangaroo courts must be the deal. taxation without representation totally is. Trace Atkins, is not in a position to know how economy works.
    why ask him? why ask hefner, who also only hears the news, ECON. MISINFORMATION. fact misinformation is either doesn't know how the economy works, or one has getting into heaven issues, covers up facts. WAGES AFFORDS EXTRAS=HEALTHY BUSI.=HEALTHY $MARKETS=PERMANENT SURPLUS. SPRAY HOSE UP. BAD WAGES=DEFICITS. REAL STIM. IS ONLY TO THE LOWER CLASSES, MONTHLY. WILL WORK OVER NIGHT. NOT TO DO SO, WILL NEED TO TELL JESUS WHY. only facts win.

August 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Kelly

Now this will give you all a good indication why this man is such an inspiration in my life. Yes, I am a huge fan...but it's more then that, he is a person that has been through hell and back, and yet here he is feeling fortunate and caring so much about our country. I just can't help but love him! Trace actually states in this program that he don't know anymore then the next person, he just is a concerned American as we all should be, but he is able to speak out a bit more then many of us because of his success, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that....REMEBER FREEDOM OF SPEECH? He is speaking for many that can't. THANKS PIERCE FOR HAVING MY FAVORITE COUNTRY MAN on your show! I watched The Apprentice when you were both on....sorry Trace should of won ;) !

August 13, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Regina Kiziah-Textile worker for 25 Years

HEARD TRACE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ALL HIS SOUVENIRS MADE IN THE USA. I COULD TELL HIM SOME HELPFULL INFORMATION FOR HIS T-SHIRTS , SWEATSHIRTS. I HAVE WORKED IN A TEXTILE PLANT IN N.C. FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS. WE ARE STILL BARELY HANGING ON. I KNOW WE COULD HELP TRACE WITH KNITTING, DYEING, AND FINISHING FABRIC FOR HIS SHIRTS AND POSSIBLY MORE. I WISH MORE PEOPLE WOULD THINK LIKE TRACE DOES. THEN MAYBE THE US WOULDN'T HAVE SO MANY UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE. IF TRACE IS INTERESTED HE CAN CONTACT ME @ MY E-MAIL AND I WILL HOOK HIM UP WITH MY PLANT MANAGER. GIVE US A CHANCE YOU WON'T BE SORRY. MADE IN THE USA IS THE PRETTIEST TAG I SEE IN OUR CLOTHES. FOR THE REST OF YOU WHO THINK HE'S A RICH HICK THAT DOESN'T HAVE AND IDEA OF WHAT'S GOING ON YOU NEED TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR BECAUSE YOUR TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF. TRACE IS REAL AND HAS AN ASSUME IDEA.

August 17, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Robyn Taylor-Drake

Regina,
      Get in touch with Trace's manager. Not sure at the moment who it is, cuz I'm out of my office for a few days, but, if you can't figure it out, shoot me an email at Robynt11@gmail.com & I'll turn you onto the info. I would love to see all the country artists make a serious commitment to American products & set the example for the rest of the entertainment industry. We can take our country back if we all make the kind of decisions Trace is. I don't buy certain kinds of toothpaste because it's made out of the USA. I don't like to go to Wal-Mart, because so much of their products come from China. I want to support home town businesses, but they're hard to find..... Let's bring back home town USA!

August 17, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Build A Successful Home Based Business

That is a very good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere. Simple but very accurate information… Many thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!

March 24, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anand

gimp is much beettr, it has more tools and beettr toolsand paint has a bad quality i think but i`ve seen people make amazing art with it!

May 20, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Make money on craigslist

I love looking through an article that will make men and women think. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!

April 16, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Money On Craigslist

You're so interesting! I do not believe I've read through something like that before. So wonderful to discover somebody with a few unique thoughts on this subject matter. Seriously.. thank you for starting this up. This website is one thing that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality!

April 21, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Craigslist

Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely believe this website needs a lot more attention. I’ll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the advice!

May 3, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Jaylan Gillen

Thank you ever so for you post.Really looking forward to read more. Will read on...

September 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Rhean

"But watch the socons eacmrbe him anyway because he's not Mitt." With respect, while there might be some truth to that, in general that is not the case. I have to view the actual video later today, but one of the various reasons that I have not officially chosen the Cain camp as my adopted home is because my impression of Mr. Cain prior to today was that he was a rather weak Pro-Lifer as opposed to a strong Pro-Lifer. If Mr. Cain truly is not Pro-Life at all, that do not see myself backing him. I would sooner back a candidate that has no chance of winning.

September 8, 2012 at 6:47 am | Report abuse | Reply