READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For August 16, 2011 – Obama to unveil new initiatives to spur job growth, stocks slide on open, more calls for Syria to end the violence...
• Obama to unveil new initiatives to spur job growth: "President Barack Obama's three-day Midwestern bus tour continues Tuesday with a meeting with farmers and small-business owners. The president said he will release a detailed plan to boost the economy, create jobs and control the country's deficit when Congress returns to Washington in September."
• Stocks skid on weak European economy: "U.S. stocks fell at the open Tuesday, after three straight sessions of healthy gains, as nearly stagnant economic growth in Europe stoked fears of a regional and global slowdown. "
• Angela Merkel and Nicolas Sarkozy huddle as euro struggles: "The leaders of Europe's two most important economies meet Tuesday to try to help the battered euro, even as new figures show economic growth on the continent is stalling."
• Jordan, Turkey join calls for Syria to end violence: "Two of Syria's neighbors joined growing international calls Monday for Damascus to halt its violent crackdown on anti-government protesters - calls that came even as the violence itself continued."
• Canadian hockey player Rypien dies at 27: "National Hockey League veteran Rick Rypien was found dead at his rural Alberta home Monday."
*Photo Courtesy Getty Images
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Independent Presidential Candidate Scott Keller may be a worthy pick for a guest on Piers' show. Fresh and sensible and workable solutions to all issues including debt, economy, & jobs. http://www.keller2012.com is the url for his campaign site.
How can you be interviewing an obviously biased person like Rudy Giuliani asking him about Obama? Of course he's going to say everything negative about him! Let's talk about how much worse things would be (thanks to George Bush) without him!!
How are you?
We love show
What people don't understand obviously is that Obama & Bush both cater/catered to the same group of people. There's not a single thing that either of them have done or said that remotely relates to the roots of the nation's or the world's problems. Not even close. I wonder if they even know what the roots of the problems are. I do and I'd be happy to share them with the world. It's nothing crazy. It's really quite fundamental and it's amazing to me how something so simple escapes their awareness.
Notify me of new comments via email.