READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For August 17, 2011 – Libya rebels battle over Zawiya, Wells Fargo to implement $3 debit card fee, President Barack Obama blasts GOP 'rigidity'...
• Libya rebels battle for key city: "Rebel fighters in Libya, trying to take over a key western city, faced stiff resistance from Moammar Gadhafi's forces on Wednesday, a rebel commander said. The fighters hope to seize Zawiya, about 30 miles west of the capital, in an effort to advance toward the capital of Tripoli in their fight to topple the Gadhafi regime that has controlled the North African country for decades."
• Wells Fargo to test $3 a month debit card fee: "Yet another of the nation's top banks is flirting with the idea of charging a monthly fee to customers who use debit cards. Wells Fargo said Tuesday it will start charging a $3 monthly fee for debit card usage to customers in Georgia, New Mexico, Nevada and Oregon beginning Oct. 14."
• Obama blasts GOP 'rigidity' in CNN interview: "President Barack Obama placed the blame for Washington's current political paralysis squarely at the feet of his Republican opponents Tuesday, telling CNN that the GOP's "ideological rigidity" is standing in the way of compromises necessary for stronger economic growth."
• Hacking probe over for U.K. cops: "Four top British police officers will not face further police investigation in connection with an inquiry into phone hacking by journalists, the Independent Police Complaints Commission said Wednesday."
• Dr. Phil to interview George and Cindy Anthony: "Cindy and George Anthony are ready to speak out about daughter Casey’s trial and the death of their granddaughter Caylee, and they’ve chosen “Dr. Phil” as their outlet, CNN has confirmed."
*Photo Courtesy AFP/Getty Images
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
My old and new emails are not currently working?
In our today's paper dated 8-17-2011, $360 million is lost to insurgents, criminals in Afghanistan, and we all wonder what affects the economy?
Who is in charge, and why are they not held RESPONSIBLE?
Is it true the Wells Fargo debit card charge will be for usage anywhere as in grocery stores and gas stations? Where is the source of this story? In my Virginia town the fee is only charged if you are going for cash at another ATM machine other than my bank's machine.
This is probably for PIN based transactions only. The fee probably doesn't apply to Visa debit transactions. WF used to charge this fee in CA years ago and it didn't apply if you met your minimum account balance and did not get charged a monthly checking account fee.
The charge is a monthly charge to have a debit card. Not a charge per transaction. So if you want to have a debit card for purchases and atm access it will cost you $3 a month.
Would somebody please tell me on which planet is Israel located?
Our media including CNN covers Middle East extensively but never a relevant story on Israel.
There were 4 airstrikes by Israelis on Gaza yesterday. And today a brief ticker on CNN " 2 Palestinians injured in Israeli action.
Almost 300000 Israelis have been protesting against the economic policies of their govt for weeks, camping out on streets Thousands came out to protest the policy towards Palestinians and in support of Two State solution.
Where was the coverage.
Libya & Syria are shoved down our throats every day.
I have two words for anyone who doesn't enjoy bondage, CREDIT UNIONS!! I refused to be held hostage by any and all commercial banks. I paid off all credit card accounts, cut up the debit cards, burned the checkbook of Bank of American when the so called bank "crisis" and bailout in recent years. I have not missed any of these 'services' from any commercial bank. I now only bank with my CREDIT UNION. I enjoy free checking, no fee ANYTHING. There is a nominal fee for money transfer by wire, but you can take any and all loose change jars and dump them into the counter and take the ticket to the teller, WITH NO FEE. Ask all family and friends who may belong to a CREDIT UNION (UNION=MEMBER OWNED) if they can and will sponsor you in. Then behave like a good guest and don't bounce any checks :-)
I'm sure wells Fargo will own them soon anyway!
Do we, viewers, care about Piers Morgans religious views? No !! He is the interviewer. It was disappointing to hear him carry on re: his views of religion and atheism. I want to hear what the guest has to talk about or plug. An inappropriate use of air time by Piers to whine about his beliefs & opinions. Interviewer asks questions, hopefully ones appropriate to the guest & topic, interview-ie talks about movie, book, TV show, politics, etc. and answers questions from interviewer. Hey, what about bringing Larry King back ?!
Notify me of new comments via email.