Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For August 17, 2011 – Libya rebels battle over Zawiya, Wells Fargo to implement $3 debit card fee, President Barack Obama blasts GOP 'rigidity'...
• Libya rebels battle for key city: "Rebel fighters in Libya, trying to take over a key western city, faced stiff resistance from Moammar Gadhafi's forces on Wednesday, a rebel commander said. The fighters hope to seize Zawiya, about 30 miles west of the capital, in an effort to advance toward the capital of Tripoli in their fight to topple the Gadhafi regime that has controlled the North African country for decades."
• Wells Fargo to test $3 a month debit card fee: "Yet another of the nation's top banks is flirting with the idea of charging a monthly fee to customers who use debit cards. Wells Fargo said Tuesday it will start charging a $3 monthly fee for debit card usage to customers in Georgia, New Mexico, Nevada and Oregon beginning Oct. 14."
• Obama blasts GOP 'rigidity' in CNN interview: "President Barack Obama placed the blame for Washington's current political paralysis squarely at the feet of his Republican opponents Tuesday, telling CNN that the GOP's "ideological rigidity" is standing in the way of compromises necessary for stronger economic growth."
• Hacking probe over for U.K. cops: "Four top British police officers will not face further police investigation in connection with an inquiry into phone hacking by journalists, the Independent Police Complaints Commission said Wednesday."
• Dr. Phil to interview George and Cindy Anthony: "Cindy and George Anthony are ready to speak out about daughter Casey’s trial and the death of their granddaughter Caylee, and they’ve chosen “Dr. Phil” as their outlet, CNN has confirmed."
*Photo Courtesy AFP/Getty Images