Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

August 18th, 2011

What happened after the Christine O'Donnell walk off? A first person account

Minutes after Christine O'Donnell walked off her interview with Piers Morgan, I walked into her green room to escort her and her team out of the building. It's standard procedure for a member of our team to walk each and every guest out after the show. Sometimes that means you get lucky and ride in an elevator with Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. Other times, that means you're the first person Christine O'Donnell meets after she storms off the set, upset with questions regarding her stance on gay marriage.

I patiently waited outside her green room trying to figure out the right time to go in and introduce myself, all the while, listening to Christine and her people loudly bash Piers and criticize our show. Soon it became apparent that there was no "right" time to go in. Christine was kind to me but obviously upset about what just happened. (She called Piers a "mean Brit" and told me she was warned not to come on his show.) The people in her party were just as shocked by what went down as we were that they pulled her off the set when being asked such a simple question – one that many politicians are asked every day.

No producer plans for a guest to walk out of an interview, and when interviewing a politician, it's only natural you'd ask them what their opinion was on controversial legislation. For a reason unknown to all of us, Christine chose to dodge that question.

I'm not known for keeping my opinions to myself or not standing up for what I think is right. I never thought I'd say that Christine O'Donnell – a polarizing figure in the Republican party – actually gave me a personal opportunity to bite my tongue. As she stood there justifying why she walked out and why Piers was a "mean talk show host," all I wanted to say was...why didn't you just answer the question, Christine? Certainly it wasn't the first time she had been asked such a thing.

After an uncomfortable 15 minutes with Christine and her people, it was time to go. She shook my hand, thanked me and walked out the door. As for the others in her party? Some said goodbye and some didn't acknowledge me at all.

With gay marriage and equal rights at the forefront of so many campaigns and voters minds, it's often that issue that wins or loses support for a politician. This is a democracy and there are varying opinions on the subject – but as a politician, at least be confident enough to express your views.

As we were leaving, I forgot to tell Christine that I've walked in the NYC Gay Pride Parade...it was almost as fun as walking her out.

-–
» Follow Samantha Hillstrom on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Behind The Scenes
  1. Michele

Piers,
    I'm not even a big fan of yours – a small one – but, you were right on with your questions wanting Christine O'Donell to comment on what she wrote in her book, and your confusion why she wouldn't comment. She's clearly up to something, not honest, and not original, bold or brave. She's crazy and afraid to say what she feels. Why wouldn't she answer questions about words she wrote herself? What a moron. Thanks for your interview – it was great.

August 18, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Marvin8

The reason O'Donnell walked off was due to plain old simple fear and panic. Fear of responding unintelligently to a potentially controversial topic. Panic that she'd trap herself with a stupid answer. She's out of her depth in a parking lot puddle.

August 18, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • CheeseSteak

That's exactly what happened. She couldn't take the heat and bailed out of Pier's kitchen. Someone wrote a book for her and she didn't read it. When she knew she was caught, she babbled some BS and headed for the door.

She is one seriously demented, dishonest POS. Fur sure

August 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • CheeseSteak

I have sister-in-law just like her. Nice to look at, but evil as they come. Run Forrest, run.

August 18, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
      • Christian

As dumb as Palin but without the courage of her own convictions (if she actually knows what they ARE).

August 19, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
      • Cirescrown

Can you hook me up with your sister – in – law. LOL! I'm looking for someone not so quick on their feet.

August 19, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
    • CheeseSteak

She is seething with jealousy over the success of Bachmann and Palin to rake in the bucks. Everything this dunce does turns to crap. And she knows it.

August 18, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • CheeseSteak

How about Christines's latest lie about being offered a job on The View. Man can this turd make up the BS or what

August 18, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • AAV Marine

Burn the Witch!!! I was watching clips of her on Bill Maurh and she was even more ditzzy than she is now.

August 18, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmitchell

Piers ... you keep right at it. She is a cancer in this nation and needs to be recognized for what she is. I had heard of her of course, but did not know of here extreme nature. Being an avid reader, I thought I would hear what she had to say on your program and then probably purchase her book. Not now, not ever! Sit up and take notice America ... Christine O'Donnell is NOT the answer.

August 18, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chris

Seems my comments showing the hatchet job CNN did with this video are not getting approved. Fair and balanced? lolz

August 18, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Marcus

That would be Faux News' motto.

August 19, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
      • Joe from CT, not Lieberman

Kind of hard to not do a hatchet job on someone when they cannot even acknowledge their own written and spoken words. She decided she would only answer the questions that she wanted to answer, and when pressed, she decided to walk off, further damaging what little credibility she had left. All the comparisons to what Sarah Palin would have done in the same situation are moot, too. Roger Ailes would never have allowed her to appear on Piers' show.

August 19, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • TheTruth

Now if only somebody could ask the president on his views on the same subject. but i guess it is just too difficult a question.

August 18, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • John L.

I'm guessing he wouldn't have walked off the set.

August 18, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
      • max

you really dont know the presidents views on gay rights? seriously?

August 19, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
      • nan

Yeah...ask the President his views on masturbation!!!! What a horrible interviewer he is!

August 19, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
      • andrew

I think the President's views are clear as daylight on this matter. He's been the most pro-gay President the U.S. has ever had. Although he still believes in civil unions over gay marriage, as he's stated at least 5 times that I can think of right now without doing any research.

Anybody who doesn't know where he stands is either 1) not paying attention and shouldn't be commenting at all or 2) a total idiot and should comment everywhere for the amusement of others (but should not vote as it's hurting the people around them).

August 22, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
      • cydfan

When the president writes his feelings about those subjects in a book and then runs his campaigns based on them then they are legitimate topics for discussion. As I recall they asked all about "don't ask, don't tell" and gay marriage all the time. They never asked about masturbation because he neither endorsed nor decried the practice, unlike Ms. O'Donnell. If an issue arises in a book that she herself CLAIMS to have written and has the audacity to promote, then she had better be prepared to answer any and all questions referring to it. Unless she really doesn't expect her inquisitors to read her words before the interview. That was what I got from the response when she asked Piers,"Did you read the book?" It meant to me that she was surpprised he had, because she hadn't taken the time to do so herself and had no clue that this was written there.

August 22, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texas

We all know she didn't write that book. How could the witch possible answer any questions about it???

August 18, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Wiccan

Please don't associate Witches with her.

August 18, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
      • aj

Hey wiccan, there's no such things as witches! Climb out of fantasy-land and join the rest of us in the REAL world.

August 19, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ginny

What I find so interesting about all these comments that she won't talk about her book is that her book WAS NOT about gay marriage. She mentioned her beliefs one being she believed in traditional marriage (didn't our president say at one time he had the same belief?). So why the big focus on one statement out of the whole book? She's not running for office. She's not in office. She agreed to be interviewed about her book so why can't these "hosts" book about the whole book and not one statement from the book? Makes you wonder if they read the book.

August 19, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • STLgirl

Exactly....she AGREED to be interviewed about her book. That's IN HER BOOK! Not only is it in her book, the subject of gay marriage is focused on presently because of legislation. She may not currently be a politician, but she has been, that's how most know her and that is a perfectly normal question to ask in that realm, aside from the fact that SHE TALKS ABOUT IT IN HER BOOK!

August 22, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • aj

The "three stooges"...Bachman, Palin and O'Donnell.

August 19, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Girl

Bachmann, O'Donnel, and Palin. Some of the biggest jokes in the policitical environment today. I am a young woman, and I think these 3 women are just making idiots out of themselves and out of the female population. It's sickening.

August 22, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • kara

The breakdown in society where it is acceptable to treat someone like this as a fellow human makes you, Piers and all the rest of you classless people no better than a school age bully. You just don't treat people that way.

August 20, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • chuckly

Yes, how dare he ask her questions on topics she has discussed in her book. The nerve of him!!!!!

August 23, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cathy

Piers you do you not have a clue about women! And you certainly have no clue on how to treat a guest you disagree with! O'Donnell walked off because the entire interview was to make fun of her, put her in the worst light possible and to discredit her in every way. At first she tried to be a good sport and laughed and tried to explain herself. But the interview just kept gettting worse and worse and I think she realized it was not going to improve and had enough. I had a hard time watching it and thought it was rude and mean spirited. It was not balanced in any way. There was not one nice thing said about her. I was not surprised she walked out at all. I am just surprised she stood it for as long as she did. Piers is off my list. Sorry Piers just looked like a real jerk on this one!

August 20, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • gC

She was an easy target. Piers picked her apart by doing what we all know is possible. Presenting the undebatable reality and letting it stare her in the face. She was a deer in headlights. The truth is that Republicans won't take a dump for fear they will get 'dump' on their butts. If you say no to gay rights, what if your mother is gay. If you say no to loans for college- what if your daughter can't make enough togo to Princeton-no matter how much she saves and how much her family makes – what if she can't afford 5000 per semester for Community College on 7.25 an hour. What if your grandmother was an illegal immigrant and brought you to this country from Ireland with nothing – how would you feel about illegal immigration then?

What if you're driving a car, using our roads, wishing there was a fire station closer to your home, that is protected by our armed forces and govermnet regulations of the FDA to make sure your food doesn't kill you.

Republicans are illogical, biggoted, backwards, and have an ideolgy that is not based in reality and what they would actually do in thier own lives if put in other peoples situations.

I think you call that being a hypocrit.

August 23, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Frank D.

Mr. Morgan is a host of an interview show,......Not some maniquin that sit's there while the guest sit's there pushing their book,......What see realy is trying to do is make an info-mercial at the expence of C N N !

August 18, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pattiee

Well said. No one should be afraid to promote one's creation made from one's thinking process that influenced the final output. You don't buy a "pig in a bag". I would want to know what is inside before I spend my hard earn money.
      International viewer

August 18, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • TheTruth

Totally agree. Now if somebody could gather the courage to ask the same question to the president.

August 18, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Marry

@The Truth, and some others going that direction…
        …now if somebody could gather the courage to ask the same question to the president.

There is a BIG difference between the President and Ms. O’Donnell!!! The President does not say stupid things and he would never try to “influence” people’s very private way of live! He leads by example: A very classy, responsible and warm way of interacting with his family. Not like all these “religious right wingers” that talk about “family values” and like most of the time eith other topics as well, do not even know what is meant by it! So do not even try to put the President into the very dump and sleazy basket Ms. O’Donnell is in!

August 20, 2011 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom

I agree completely. Apparently O'Donnell was expecting Piers to just plug her book.

August 18, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Joyce Jackson

I think it was very unprofessional for O'Donnell to leave and not answer the questions, but it did seem that she was being coached and uncertain as to what to do. This leads me to think she is not a politician but a very confused individual whose opinions are about as stable as the economy. Why would a person write a book and not discuss the opinions expressed within it...regardless if those are the ones she had expected. She was rude.

August 18, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • queenofromania

I totally agree with you, Joyce. "God will not have his work made manifest by cowards." Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nancy of NY

What will Christine O’Donnell do if she becomes President and the gobbling come calling will she cancel all her Presidential duties and walk out? Or let Jewish Lobby run take over the government?

August 18, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bill101

It is for sure if she cannot answer the question then she did not write the book? Therefore she could not answer the question because she did not know what thw answer would be. Therefore a got you ansker ha!

August 19, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. faye

Christine isn't running for anything. Her position on Gay Marriage makes no difference. When she said she wasn't there to talk about Gay Marriage, why didn't Piers just move on to another topic? He didn't because he was having far too much fun baiting her. I don't watch his show because quite honestly, I think he's an arrogant ass but I did see a clip of this exchange between him and Christine. She could have handled it better. And he could have been decent and gone on to a different topic. And by the way, I have a gay son so I'm not anti-gay. I'm just anti-talk show hosts who think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Piers is a jerk. Look at his ratings. And this is the guy that came to CNN spouting off on how they were going to beat Fox. I'm still waiting.

August 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tammy

Your obvious distaste for Piers is clouding your intellect. Mr. Morgan didn't ask her any different of a question than he has of any other political personality. Could he have moved on? Sure – but why should he have to? She didn't answer the question because she knew her response – no matter what it would be – would generate all kinds of crap. That speaks of someone who won't stand up for what she believes – no matter the aftermath. She would have generated less scorn if SHE would have just answered the question and moved on. Now she looks like even more of a moron than before – and i didn't think that was possible.

August 18, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • mike

Your right, she would have been better serve by saying something like I"ll answer that question if you will answer one of mine about your lying regarding the phone hacks uses to get stories while you were an editor at that British pubication being investigated at this time. Also how did you keep from being arrested that would be interesting.

August 18, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pauline

It really became a power struggle and no one would back down. Piers could have reframed his question but yes I agree with another post he was baiting her through the whole interview as he does with many guests. He is arrogant self centred and a know it all. His interview with Penn Gillette was great. He handled Piers with such diplomacy and grace it blew me away. Everyone has a right to believe what they want to believe and a right not to answer a question if they feel baited by it. No need to to leave though. She could have held her ground thats for sure. . He even had the gall full well knowing she wouldn't come back to challenge her. He just wouldn't let go and move on.

August 18, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Dee

so what if he was baiting her. This woman wants to hold a political office in the US. She can't go on a show with questions she want asked. If we keep calling ourselves the greatest country on Earth, lets start lifting up some of these great Americans, not war mongers or some ditzy men and women who dont know their history. And the only history they know is "the good old days", when everything was controlled by racists

August 18, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
      • Dan5404

She can't stand the heat, so she got out of the kitcgen. I can't imagine someone writing a highly opinionated book but doesn't have the conviction to even answer a question about her own words. If she were important, it would possibly matter in the scheme of things.

August 18, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • CheeseSteak

So Crapstieen bough some time on his show to do a book informercial? is that how it is? Nitwit

August 18, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • janerel

I agree with nabnc..both acted badly. Trying to get a break from Fox, the malice and "gotcha" videos
      during the O'Donnell -Morgan interview were so disgusting I turned the TV off. What was Mr. Morgan
      trying to prove?

August 18, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Karla

If you're trying to incite a second revolution and not just sell a book then stand up for yourself and not look to off camera PR to assist you. Ms. O'Donnell states excuses and we hear about "rudeness" and " gotcha" journalism. If she wasn't prepared for the questions she shouldn't be on a book tour. The bottom line is she is more interested in making $ and trying to be another "king/queen maker"like Sarah Palin, another "quitter" when times get tough and much more interested in $ a"king/queen making" . These women give women a very bad name!

August 19, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
      • cydfan

Right, Karla. I was sitting with a 24-year-old while watching this and he was saying how can we go (now I'm using O'Donnell's words) "move ahead to get back to the second revolution". I told him well as far as I know we only had one so it would be going back and even if we had had one you never go ahead to go back. What is all of this outrage about? This woman is trying to incite a form of treason(excuse me Mr. Perry for usurping)...whenever you call for a revolution that is what you do. Why is there no outcry? Perhaps her total lack of talent, intelligence or ability? nothing to fear from nothing? In a way, it was Piers' civic and moral duty to render her irrelevant to those too blind to see it without a little prompting. I think he did a bang up job.

August 22, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

I'm skeptical that she has read her own book probably written by a ghost writer and she is responsible for what is in the content of the book with an answer to any issue written. Her appearance should not be to push her political agenda.

August 18, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • David Mann

Nonsense! She said she was there to discuss her book. Gay marriage is one of the issues in the book. That makes it a perfectly reasonable topic of discussion. He did nothing wrong and she acted like an idiot

August 19, 2011 at 2:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • David

Christine stood out like a turd in a punchbowl...and she is not smarter than a 5th grader either. All she had to do was answer a question from a subject that was annotated in her so called book that she probably did not write at all. I think O'Donnell and Bachman should team up and wish Elvis a Happy Birthday too....dee dee dee....

August 19, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cathy

I agree with you Faye. I have a hard time watching anyone be embarrassed and treated like she was on this show. I am not a fan of hers but I thought it was very unprofessional for Piers to bait her like that and get such obvious joy out of making her look and feel foolish. I have never understood how people can get enjoyment from making fun of someone else. It is just in very bad taste and not what I expected to see on CNN.

August 20, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • GIrl

I agree, it is difficult to watch someone be embarrassed like she was on national TV. However, she is on a book tour promoting her book that she should have known what was actually in the book. When faced with the question of gay marriage, she panicked (obviously) and just embarrassed herself. Piers didn't even have to bait her.

August 22, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jean

He asked lots of other questions relating to material in the book, but she refused to answer the question about gay marriage. He could have stopped asking it; she could have answered it. However, if it was part of what she wrote about, she should have been willing to discuss it. His aggressive style shouldn't have surprised her, or her team, if they'd watched the show.

August 23, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. fashionistaky

At first, Piers Morgan appeared to be a non-partial, thought-provoking, straight shooter interviewer. I enjoyed his tough questions and admired him for his tenacity to get the answers. Now, he has shown his rudeness, true liberal, and leftist leanings, watching the interviews of Ann Coulter and Christine O'Donnell. He is rude and hammers conservatives and derives much pleasure in bringing out details which are not pertinent to what the interview was to be about. If you'll notice, he does not put liberals"on the spot" as he does conservatives. What a shame Piers, I know you have better skills than what you have shown; however, you are now grouped with the likes of other liberal-biased journalists! I won't be watching you!

August 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Robert-in-PA

Because he doesn't suit your agenda he is a bully. Another republican sheep that thing FOX (FAUX) News is the holy grail. Just stay tuned to Faux news then, you obviously don't believe anything except them anyway.

August 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • CheeseSteak

Unless she's eating corndogs with you, why would you defend her?

August 18, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred Amusavi

Questions must answered whether hard or soft/liberal or conservative.

August 18, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Herman

Soft on liberals? I guess you did not see the sparks fly with Penn Jellett nor the sweet nothings Piers was whispering to Gov Sanford. No, you just don't like him and thats fine by me. He is a journalist by nature and will never back down from an unanswered question.

August 18, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Smegmazor

How is asking Christine O'Donnell about a topic in her book not pertinent to the interview? There was nothing rude, indecent or wrong about his questions. Had she answered I think everyone would agree that Piers would have moved on to other topics. If she didn't want the topic to come up in interviews, why the hell write about it in the first place?

August 18, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Elli

Actually, he worked most of his professional career for Rupert Murdoch. He is a major apologist for the rich, and knows how to hide his purely Tory tendencies. I agree with you he is annoying, but you should know there is a war going on between rich and poor, not conservative and liberal. And guess who's winning.

August 18, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • LNBc

The nitwit needed to answer the question; it was an important question about civiil and human rights. Her days as any kind of leader are so over after this. She is a hate-monger. I liked her better as a witch; now she is a Palin-Bachman wannabe and perhaps if she had truly listened to her gut from the beginning she might have made a better politician ~ one with conviction at least. Kinda like her bimbo sister-ettes. Certainly, she's have made a better human being by holding her own. She flunked outa the Tea Party. I am so bored to death by her.

August 18, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dan5404

Think he learned by watching Fox news? They are good teachers at how not to be true journalists.

August 18, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jim

Ah, a typical teabaggers response, full of crying and whining but no facts.

August 22, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Femi

Christine O'Donnell walked off her interview with Piers Morgan.. I don’t get her point. This is Woman who has unfortunately put her foot in her mouth more times than i care to remember and she does again! Come on, when will she learn. She must love public humiliation is all i can say. Anyway Hindsight is the best 20/20 vision. Did she really think Piers wasn’t going to cheekily come at her? Has she even seen any of his shows

August 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Isoloda

She said that the add "I am not a witch" was a mistake and it happened because she heard "the so called experts" but again when she walks off the stage yesterday it seems that she was influenced by here people-"experts?" from back stage – ! Be yourself, be real woman!

August 18, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Peters Chijioke

I love you piers. You are truly a mean Brits.

August 18, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Joe from San Jose

I guess it was OK to ask once about masturbation to satisfy your prurient interest, but your persistence on this irrelevant subject was rude. More importantly, it was stupid and boring. I think that I believe those accusations about phone hacking.

August 18, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jean

It's a subject she chose to make an issue in the past and from her comments it's still something she believes. If she wants to tell other people not to do it it seems like a fair topic in an interview.

August 23, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. mark

Journalists who take the objective, common sense, approach are often called "left-leaning". This is because even though facts have no bias, they are usually on the side of the democrats and left.

August 18, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Corey

Oh how true that is.... well said.

August 18, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Elli

I agree that way more often than not, Democrats are right. Piers is pretty much completely Tory in his outlook. Make money however you can, regardless of morality or reality. The man is just barely out of jail for his role in the phone hacking scandal. He is a classically Rupert Murdoch trained "journalist."

August 18, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Charles Silasc

I saw the interview in its entirety, Ms. ODonnell reacted as most conservatives who're being coached would. They grandstand with their idealology and when asked to explain, or comment, they run for the hills because they're point of view isn't in touch with the rest of the world, only seperatist. Too embarrased, and not willing or ready to take the media bashing and backlash for what she's uttered from her own mouth, she did basically what most cowards do... run away. Good Job Mr. Morgan, the show is YOURS, and I'm pretty sure guest of whatever spectrum don't get the right to come on and control your show, or only talk about what they want. She should have learned from Chris Brown and the Good Morning America fiasco. She's a birdseye view of whats not right with the Tea Party, whom didn't even go out of they're way to support her, just a wannabee politician trying to seem revelant, as she flaps in the wind.

August 18, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tracey

Awesome comment. This is what I was thinking only I couldn't have said it like you did.

August 18, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Smegmazor

I agree. Piers is the host, not Christine O'Donnell. She just showed us all how disconnected she is to the modern world.

August 18, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Greg

So bizarre. Don't people write books because they want to share their views? Then Piers gives O'Donnell a national stage to share her views on one of the biggest issues of our time. An issue she writes about in her book. And what does she do? Freak out and bolt. Why did she write the book if not to share her ideas? Was it just for the money of selling the book, absent any interest in the ideas therein? So strange. I've never heard of a political leader who didn't want to share their policy ideas. Clearly, she's neither a politician nor a leader.

August 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Azhitman

running away would be something obama is doing with his vacation while there is crisis in our nation. I don't support o'donnell because I've no idea who she is but after watching that interview I'm fairly sure it was just to make people buy her book so they can read it for themselves.

it did make me laugh that the gay guy at the end flamed out over it all.

August 18, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • reasontolive

I agree completely. I watched the entire interview. He asked her about things she wrote in her book, which she was there to plug, and she ran away.

August 18, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Malcolm Banton

Thank you for exposing O'Donnell for what she is, an unprofessional, thin-skinned baby. Do we really believe these types can or should run our country?

August 18, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Beth

It was a totally fair question. She was there to talk about her book, she told Piers that she addresses gay marriage in her book, why would it be off-limits? And gay marriage is hardly a taboo subject – everyone has an opinion on it and wants to talk about it! Piers is a journalist, and his goal is to get answers. He pressed her on it – very nicely – and she couldn't handle it, revealing a total lack of professionalism. It's like Sharron Angle attacking the media in Nevada for asking her to clarify her own contradictory comments on issues. She said the media are a tool for her to use to get her message out – the message she wants to send – but she was wrong. The media are here to get answers, and that's exactly what Piers was trying to do.

August 18, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. christimcmillen

Personally, I love watching his show~ anyone who has seen it KNOWS what he is like, they KNOW he is going to ask questions... That's why it is a talk show. She's not only embarrassed herself... AGAIN... but just proved the point that she should never, ever run for any type of office. Regardless of what anyone's personal belief is, she wrote HER belief down, in a book for the public. She couldn't be adult enough to answer the question? Right, she stormed out like a coward, acted like a toddler in the green room & left the building, tail between her legs with her lackeys behind her. Bloody good riddance and I would take a "mean" Brit with common sense any day over a coward like that woman.

August 18, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. TerriC

I have been hoping that Pier Morgan would show some guts with his guests and ask them the tough questions, instead of just throwing them softballs or fawning all over them like he did with Charlie Sheen. I had been looking forward to Pier's show because I expected him to be a better interviewer than Larry King was. Until Piers interviewed O'Donnell, I have not seen that amazing interviewer that I had hoped to see. Hope he keep this up!

August 18, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Marguerite

What baffles me is that she jokingly took the abuse over the old clips of her many gaffs. Showing those clips was cruel and unnecessary. But she walked off when asked a legitimate question. I think her people planned to have her walk off to get her back in the news. I say her people and not her because she is a shill being used by others. I don't believe she wrote the book because she knew nothing about it. She's an actress just like so many other relatively attractive politicians being used to promote the agenda of hidden players.

August 18, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

I agree with your comments, she didn't write "her" book. It is obvious she doesn't know what is in the book, otherwise she would have answered the question. She was taking directions from people off camera on what to do or not do. It's quite apparent she is a mere puppet!!!

August 18, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. john1513

Too bad no one was watching.

August 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Dan

Great story to read :-)

August 18, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. mari

Christine, I would not call you a witch, because that would be offensive to witches. you are unfortunately too ignorant too realize that you are just not a very smart or effective person. go to a tea party, where you can sit around and be pretentious and talk a lot about nothing. Call Sarah Palin she is expert at this. Walking off Piers Morgan shows what an immature person you are, good demonstration of a spoiled brat. as to your reference of Piers being a rude brit, you also gave a good demo of your prejudice. Ever hear of displacement? the only rude person is you! and what does being british have to do with it. nothing...if he were black, jewish, hispanic etc what would your insult have been? if you don't have the intelligence and maturity to debate, just go away. we have enough politicians who don't belong in office. just go away, you are a waste of time. go be submissive to your husband, that is your calling.

August 18, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Justin

There was nothing wrong with any of the questions asked by Piers to O'Donnell, nor was there anything rude about the conversation. Simple fact was that she did not want to own up to a view to which she had already stated in her own book. It has nothing to do with liberal vs. conservative it has to do with being able to own up to what you say. She should have come prepared knowing some questions like that could come up. True she may not be in the political climate currently but voters do remember things such as this. Great show Piers, I enjoy every interview on your show keep up the great work.

August 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Caesar in Atlanta

They forget politicians work for us and they are being interviewed for the job. If they refuse to answer...they will not get hired. We do the asking here, we decide what we want to ask as with all job interviews about their past experience and what they bring to the table. She walk out..then we are glad she did not get hired by as during her previous application last year. Now we know better.

August 18, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Anne

You had every right to ask her, Piers. She was touting her book and her thoughts on gay marriage was 'in the book" so fly away on your broom, Christine. I love Piers style of interviewing. You know what you're getting, so buck up! Good job, Piers!

August 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Christine

I'm a conservative and I say O'Donnell made a real fool of herself. She acted like a spoiled child who took her crayons and went home because she didn't get to dictate the rules of the game. Extraordinarily unprofessional. The lady needs to grow up.

August 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Jan

Wow. If the issue weren't dealt with in her book then one could understand her point about distinguishing between not running for election so not discussing policy & legislation vs being there to discuss her general philosophy & life experiences in her book. But if it's in the book – which i'll never bother reading – then she handled it rreally really badly. Based on that and her previous behaviour – i don't know if she's listening to her guts or those of her 'expert advisors' but it seems both are dead wrong.
    Love Piers – breath of fresh air, keep it up thank you. (:

August 18, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. wanda1112

I didn't watch it, he generally has no respect for the person he's interviewing if they don't follow his beliefs or that's what I got the few times I have watched him. I don't know if he actually feels this way, but it makes the liberals happy to see someone they hate be put in an unattractive light. Personally I don't get off on hurting people just because they don't agree with me. It's an example of why kids these days have no respect for anything or anyone, if adults don't have respect for each other despite differences kids won't.

August 18, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Smokingman

You didn't watch it, but feel compelled to comment on it.
      What a moron.

August 18, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • wanda1112

You just proved me right.

August 18, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • aFishCalled

Wanda, you said, "...if adults don't have respect for each other despite differences kids won't.". I whole-heartedly agree with you! But does Christine? Does *she* respect folks who are different from her? Doesn't seem like it. Reap what you sow.

August 18, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • wanda1112

It goes both ways. To purposely attack someone just because you can is just wrong, doesn't matter who you are. That is just my opinion.

August 18, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
      • aFishCalled

This is in response to Wanda saying " To purposely attack someone just because you can is just wrong". I agree with you, but who are you referring to? Piers or Christine?

August 18, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
      • wanda1112

This is in response to aFishCalled...but who are you referring to? Piers or Christine? I watched the clip above, in this instance Piers, Christine was trying to leave. But if she has done the same thing then it applies to her also. Kids don't differentiate, they see an adults actions and they copy it.

August 18, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wow!

How in the world is asking someone a question about a something they wrote in a book they are there to promote "hurting" them?

August 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • wanda1112

You're only looking at it from one side, Morgan's.

August 18, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • greg

Whatever 'hurt' Ms. O'Donnell may have felt during the interview pales in comparison to the pain her stance on gay marriage inflicts on millions of gay couples everyday. If she doesn't want to face questions on her 'questionable' views, then she should retreat from public life. There, she can nurture whatever bigoted and hateful views she may harbor without having to own up to them in public.

August 18, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • wanda1112

You hate her because she doesn't think or believe the way you do. That's very nice. We should teach all our children this... oh wait we are!

August 18, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Stan

A new trend of avoiding questions is to walk off an interview. The idea on the part of the guest is to create a brief sensational moment to make it seem like the interviewer is at fault. We will see more of this tactic as the interviews of guests with a (less than open, or blundered statements) political agenda approach 2012.

August 18, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. David

If it wasn't for Drudge Report or The Blaze – Only a handful of people would even know about this.

Piers – How's that "Hacking" going these days ?

August 18, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Thom Quinton

Perhaps Ms O'Donnell is hiding the fact that she's gay thus the reluctance to discuss her views on the show. I'd be careful, she may have put a curse on you and the show.

August 18, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Paula Steinert

Well said! Politicians today, no matter what side of the fence they are on, need to be prepared to answer the difficult questions. If a topic is discussed in a book that someone is peddling for book sales and profit, then they do need to be prepared to discuss those topics during an interview show. I like Piers and enjoy his show (I'm sorry to hear that some of the ratings are dipping down, but that's the sometimes fickle television audience) and I think he asked his questions in a very respectful manner. It would have been so simple to answer the question. If someone asks me, for example, "Are you a Christian?," I readily answer, "Yes." If someone asks me why, then I try to answer to the best of my ability and as fully as possible. That's how dialogue becomes informative, intelligent and relevant. Yes, there are topics that can be forcibly pushed one way or another by a more conservative or more liberal host or interviewer, but Piers, in my opinion, handled it with class. But that is also how I feel he handled himself on America's Got Talent. Sometimes difficult subjects and difficult questions have to be asked. If you want your opinions and beliefs to be heard, during an interview, then you have to be prepared for the questions asked and the answers you believe in when you answer. I don't like interviewers that purposely try to trap someone into saying "the wrong thing" but I don't believe Piers did that at all. She overreacted, and ended up making herself look pretty bad. How childish to walk off the set. Piers – you are not a "mean Brit" in my book!!

August 18, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. coruja_fdp

Piers you had that stupid smug look on your face the whole time. Grow up..

August 18, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Brad

CNN is totally irrelivant. Piers questions are only ment to make a conservative woman look bad. Piers, go back to your hole in the UK.

August 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • aFishCalled

She looked bad, I'll agree. But she did that to herself. Seriously, is this how she'd behave in office? Say she was involved in a tricky negotiation with China? Would she just give up and flounce out if it didn't follow her script? Where's her grit, intelligence, charm, finesse, integrity, honor, character, diplomacy, determination, maturity and, above all, RESILIENCE? She's no leader.

August 18, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dan5404

If you are afraid to answer questions about your publicly-stated positions, then politics is not for you. Don't just walk away from a legitimate question, walk away from politics.

August 18, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Girl

I couldn't agree with you more. . From watching the interview, it didn't seem as though Piers was intentionally trying to embarrass her. When faced with the question of gay marriage, she panicked (obviously), and embarrassed herself It was in no way the questions he was asking or the way he was asking them. He was just doing his job as a journalist.

August 22, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  32. HBobbie McLeod

Welcome to Larry King's world . . Rude, Inappropriate? Where have I heard that before? What BS! She couldn't stand the heat before and still can't! Love these people who wake up full of self-import! She's there to promote her book, this subject is covered in her book, but it's rude or inappropriate to discuss? I thougt the Host chooses the topic of conversation . . . having said that, the topic of conversation WAS the book! She wasn't worth having on the show to begin with . . . I'm surprised you booked her! Shake this one off and move on to persons and things worthy of your time!

August 18, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. stan

NO ONE will buy her book..she cooked her goose this time ...she's been w/so many MEN...no one will marry her ...wonder why ?..

August 18, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Jon Niehaus

I have 2 simple words for what happened "publicity stunt." Look at all the free marketing that Christine O'Donnell is getting for her book by her stunt. She was setting this up through the whole interview. I give her credit that her strategy worked to perfection – the only problem is that her 15 minutes of fame were up about 1 year ago...and that is Another Page in the Book of Jon!

August 18, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Silvio Menezes

Piers,,you are right....simple answer the question.....its beyond any sense a politician who want say nothing.....this girl must do other job....

August 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jesse

That's how the Republicans like their leadership. Can't argue with "No new taxes" and "anti-this-and-that".

August 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Kel

Go Piers!! I am a woman who stands for things I believe in any time and all the time and try not to speak about things I know little to nothing about. I am sick of watching some of these women in politics say one thing a year ago and then say the complete opposite the next to support their "agenda"! Sick of watching these women act like they know what they speak of in their public speeches and then when questioned about it, FLAKE!! Sick of watching these women pimp out their children for public "kudos" and to look like "mom's of the year" when they most likely don't know their own kids hopes and dreams for their own futures!! Sick of watching these women give the many millions of women with their heads on straight and priorities straight a bad name!! Excuse me know while I go and VOMIT!!

August 18, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Mike Shaldjian

Bravo to you and to Piers. You were both professional & courteous. It's appalling to me that anyone hocking their book on a show would show such disdain for the host, viewers & network. I won't be even considering buying her book after that childish tantrum she pulled. Shame on her!

August 18, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. maryam

Piers, I am not a bog fan of yours, but I have renewed respect for you. CO' is an air headed fool, who couldn't hold her own in an intelligent way on a talk show. It is disheartening to think that so many people across this great nation are willing to give her the time of day, enough to propel her into the political forefront as a serious politician and viable candidate for any public office. No one should be interested enough in her air-headed, hokey take on things to even read her book. You made her look the fool she really is. You were entirely appropriate and I hope good thinking people across the ideological spectrum recognize that she is a unfit for national exposure and public office.

August 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • aFishCalled

Maryam, you said " You made her look the fool she really is.". No, I think Christine did that all by herself. :)

August 18, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. The Bush Family For Barack Obama's 2nd Term

Breaking News! The reason Karl Rove, Dana Perino & Tony Fratto are attacking all the GOP hopefuls is because 41 & 43 like what 44 is doing. That is the reason Obama will get a 2nd term. The Bush Family is for Obama in 2012. Just look at how hard the Bush loyalist attack all the GOP running for Pres.
    So, please write, blog, make t-shirts, stickers. The Bush Family for Obama in 2012!
    Spread the word & thank the entire Bush Family!

August 18, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. gary

test

August 18, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Ian Church

Maybe she meant "mean Brit" because in Britain they tend to want to get to the meat of the issue, rather than address the superficial surface........addressing budget deficits, making politicians accountable etc.

That's what's wrong in this country right now – too many people with a vested interest in keeping the status quo, rather than an inquisitive journalists exposing the truth.

Keep it up Piers!

August 18, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jesse

Right on the mark. We need substantive debates but people are dumbed down enough to not ask for it. It's taking their precious time away from mindless online games and trivial game shows.

August 18, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Rik

Still waiting for anyone on CNN to vet Barack Obama to the same extent they do any Republican. Obama is against gay marriage, but any Republican with the same view is raked over the coals.

August 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. gary

Pierce you and your show is a sham...syria, egypt do the same as your handlers...cnn

August 18, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. gary

Pierce your communist handlers wont allow me to write anything that disagrees with your views..what a sham...dont give me a bunch of garbage about your guest walking off ...i cant even write my view here ...they wont print it ...get off the air buddy.

August 18, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. gary

PIERCE anything with the word h--s-–l they wont print ...haahaa what a bunch of head in sand people here???
    take your one sided show off the air.

August 18, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Anne

Christine has been in the weeds lately. Lots of other pols have been grabbing the headlines. So, she walks off the Piers show in a huff and miraculously finds herself making news again. Couldn't have planned it better myself.

August 18, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • CheeseSteak

I think Christine has been smoking the Weed recently

August 18, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. gary

anderson cooper keep your one sided comments to yourself...keeping them honest ...give me a break ...its time you get honest with your reporting. Where ever you were when you got beat up they should have did a better job on you. For all the one sided reporting you do

August 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jester & jackal

Wishing ill happenings upon others will only cause pain and suffering to yourself.

August 18, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dan5404

That's how you make a right-winger mad...just tell the real truth about their lies and grossly exagerrated claims and back it will official records. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

August 18, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. The Sceptic

Vow .... that is shocking indeed!

Christine O'Donnell still has a group of people who are willing to be seen in public with her?!?!?!

August 18, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Mike

Maybe she didn't even write the book...She kept saying "it's in the book"... Well if it's in the book, then what's the big mystery?? Doesn't she know people don't have to buy the book, they can simply walk into a bookstore & read the chapter on gay marriage?? She probably sealed the fate on her career as a politician last night with that puppet act! Grow a pair & then run for office! As far as Piers goes, he can be harsh & a bit of a bully, but if you can't handle that, then don't go on the show! You have to admit, he's probably the most entertaining show host on at night these days, & I think he was just doing his job. BTW, I'm an anti-gay marriage Rebulican & we have a gay person in our immediate family. Piers had a similar situation with Joel Osteen, in which I thought he was a bit mean to Joel, & since I'm also of Christian Faith, I almost boycotted Piers at our home. But it seems that this Gay question is one that most public figures tend to run away from & Piers likes to just persist until he gets his answer. Joel Osteen handled it way better than Christine O'Donnell did last night & never walked off the set.

August 18, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Sandra J. Hartman

With the economy unravelling before our eyes and the subsequent deprivation in this country, with the hatred and jealousy that seem to be rife in spite of all of the attempts to "equalize" everything, with the dumbed down educational system that spews out more ignorance than it takes in (kinda like the government with the budget), I am appalled that Christine 's antics would occupy one little smidgen of our national thought. We have bigger fish to fry than to get into an uproar over that woman's attempt to get attention by her bad manners clothed in righteous indignation.

August 18, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  51. nan

I had forgotten all about that foolish woman from Delaware and her very unsuccessful try at running for the U.S. Senate. If I wrote a book, and was lucky enough to be booked on a nationally viewed talk-show, I would answer any and all questions about the content of that book. The point for any author is to push sales of his/her book by discussing whatever topics contained in the book that the interviewer chooses to introduce. Her performance was so ridiculous and unprofessional that perhaps it was all a publicity stunt. There's always the possibility that she didn't even write her own book and couldn't discuss it because she also didn't read it. That, sadly, would not even surprise me. What does surprise me, however, is that any segment of the population ever saw in her in the first place–all that facial mugging and the phony over-wide grins at nothing. (Is she auditioning for the Osmond family?) She's an embarassment as a would be politician and as a would be author.

August 18, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Alexander

Great job, Piers. I'm not a ususal viewer of yours–from time to time–but your questioning was right on! Tired of these "politicians" not wanted to be questioned about pressing issues in today's society a society that they want to represent, but not recognize ALL of its inhabitants.

August 18, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  53. Sally

I am a liberal Democrat and I don't agree with Christine O'Donnell's politics or other opinions, but I believe Piers Morgan treated her with total disrespect. There was no reason to keep dragging up things fro her past that were put to rest long ago. He knew his smirking questions were upsetting her and he just kept badgering her. I doubt if he would would do that to any male guest. He was way out of line.

August 18, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nelson

Frankly, I agree. It is not uncommon for a guest to limit the range of the discussion (the President can certainly pick and choose questions). And if one saw the entire interview, Piers was certainly being snide in his questioning. I suspect prodding her until she walked off was his goal – the better to discredit.

August 18, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dee Jae

Thank you! I absolutely agree.

August 18, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  54. CheeseSteak

I heard that the Russian translator got lost in the conversation and she couldn't understand what Piers was saying.

August 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. james

You were definitely RUDE Mr. Morgen. Your questions had absolutely nothing to do with the so called interview. Shame on you and CNN. I wish more interviewed people would walk off the CNN shows. You people must work off of a script that says " lets Sensationalize and Irritate them as much as we can and see if they say something wrong that we can hang them with".–You all seem to be the same. I am not sure why anyone in their right mind would go on CNN anyway. -That's just plain stupid.

August 18, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Appalled

Well said. Definitely not a gentlemanly line of questioning. Mr. Morgan's motives were not to seek the truth; it was an attack.

August 18, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • not a James fan

james i want, personally, anyone in the media to grill these folks. THAT IS THEIR JOB! and that is how one PROPERLY VETS someone! not to mention, someone who refuses to answer questions shouldn't be tryiing to make laws either! it's sneaky, manipulative, and downright unintelligent. Christine in a nutshell. please stop bashing the media for pushing these wanna-be lawmakers to the point where we actually SEE who they are and what their coping skills are and what they know! man get educated!

August 18, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Dee Jae

To 'not a James Fan', interesting that you aren't even bold enough to leave your name with your statements. As a matter of record, i happen to be a Democrat. I did not care for the way Obama or Hillary were treated by some folks on Fox, though I did not 'whine' about it, since most of the media did seem to favor 'Obama'. But I don't believe in trashing people with different political beliefs than my own. The biggest difference in my mind between being a liberal and a conservative, is our ability to accept diversity. I don't have to agree with someones political ideology to not want to see them treated disrespectfully.

August 18, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee Jae

I agree with you James.
      To "I'm not a James fan"
      She is not running for office at this time! I agree if someone is on the ballot for a political office that they should be 'vetted'. But this was a woman promoting a book. Mr. Morgans only intent was to embarrass her and see how far he could push. I don't agree with some of Ms. O'Donnell's politics. And if I were going to vote in an election I would want to know about her stand on Gay Marriage, not her thoughts on masturbation back in the 1990's.

August 18, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • not a Dee Jae fan

ooohh pleez. she will be back in the grind in a blink, running for another office. and personally, seeing how someone behaves when pushed is classic. been done for years. Barack wasn't running for office when he last sat down with FOX, was he?!? and did you whine about his grilling and the line of silly questioning then? it's a mental health tactic. and that woman is not of sound mind, no doubt. if she didn't want to be grilled about things in her book and things not in her book (like her silly stances she's hollered out at everyone, then she can be an adult and deal. storming off, yea, how professional. no one forced her to be there.

August 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  56. James

Paragraph 2 is just plain BS Morgan–

August 18, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  57. peace freak

sally, i saw piers bash someone who was of different religious following than himself. he is, in general, a disrespect fella. a MALE guest. let's not make this a gender issue, because it is NOT. it IS an ethical issue, and an intelligence issue. both things that Christina dear is unfamiliar with. please, don't bring drama into this. that's christine's job. and btw, if things from her past are disrespectable, and she put her OWN SELF into the spot light, then she, like other politicians who have no dignity or reason to be as extreme as they are, can DEAL WITH IT.

August 18, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. Dee Jae

This was about so much more than the 'Gay Marriage' question. He had been putting her on the spot and making her feel uncomfortable from the onset of the show. He wanted nothing more than a 'sensationalized' interview. Only discussing issues that would put her on the defensive, refusing to respect her focus. She is not running for office. She was there to promote her book, but the only topics he wanted to discuss were the ones that he obviously knew would embarrass her, witchcraft, masturbation. By the time he even got to Gay Marriage, she was already feeling very uncomfortable. Is that the purpose of a journalist? Is that really how they get a story?

August 18, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  59. dkm

It's like the Candy Apple... with a nice bright, red, shinny outside but a dark, black, rotten core....another prime example of how these proposed Republican candidates try and sugar-coat their true agendas and will avoid talking about anything that could shine a negative, bigoted light on themselves. If they didn't have anything to hide then they'd be able to talk about all issues not just what they deem appropriate.

August 18, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  60. dwright99

Piers, I am proud to say that I am among the hundreds of millions of people who DO NOT watch your show and never will. Like all personalities with less than stellar ratings, your show will gone at some point and journalism (if you can call it that these days) will be better for it.

August 18, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  61. doctah left

this woman is a frrrreeeeeak show everywhere she goes, no matter who she talks to, it's drama and indignation and silly words and even more elementary logic and thought pattern. welcome to my mental health, hospital, Christine, this way to your barred off room.

August 18, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  62. nabnc

Both acted badly. Morgan needs to learn when to quit. O'Donnell needs to be willing to discuss things that she has written.

August 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  63. just asking

Piers, would you have been so determined to have CO answer you question about how she feels about gay marriage if she hadn't already told you she was a practicing Catholic? Even if she did address the issue in her book, why do you think she should discuss it on your show. Is that all you could find in her book to talk about or are you an ex-Catholic who loves to stick it to those like CO who still practice their religion?

August 18, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • kingkong5

As a practicing Catholic, why is she afraid to stand her ground and answer honestly about her beliefs? Does she feel like Catholicism is something to be ashamed of? Is she not proud to be a practicing Catholic? Why would she shy away from a question about her beliefs, the beliefs which she wrote about in the book she is trying to sell? You'd think, that as a practicing Catholic, she'd jump at the chance to let others know how happy she is in her beliefs and explain why she believes what she does, that others may listen and believe.

August 18, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  64. Zane S.

Hey ,
    My personal opinion (And again i keep saying this) DEAR MRS O'DONNELL,

ILL BUY YOUR BOOK AND B**** SLAP YOU WITH IT! How does that sound for a response?
    Answer the Question properly even if you thought its innapropriate , Or dodge it LIKE HUMAN BEINGS! How dare she? call Mr Morgan A... What was it again? Mean brit was it??

Go kill yourself! Christine..

Sincerly A 13 year old that loves The Piers Morgan Tonight. Zane OUT!

August 18, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  65. MelissEsq

Great read! Too bad she only walked out and didn't fly away on her broomstick. Oh right, she's NOT a witch. Wish you would have told her that you walked in the Pride Parade, and proudly so! Glad you're blogging again and not working a 2nd job at Starbucks!

August 18, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  66. Marsha Wills

Piers, I will never watch your show. You displayed arrogance and did not redirect the questions and lost your interview and I am so glad she walked off your set. You are just another reason I will not watch CNN. I would think you would be more of a gentlemen. I am so glad there is FOX news, and that I can find it any where I go now.

August 18, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  67. DrewInPortland

O'Donnell didn't want to answer the question because she doesn't want the last public apperence of herself to be discriminitory. She knows her political life is over. She wrote a book (that no one is going to buy) to attempt to get a few bucks before going back to civilian life. She is trying to get people to buy that book. I am not defending her, nor do I share her ridiculous views, but I can't imagine that there were talking points that were agreed would not be discussed, and Morgan is such a tool, he disregards that, and attepmts to make someone who is essentially a nobody into a hate filled 'witch.' Morgan is the worst thing to happen to CNN, I can barely watch it anymore...

August 18, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  68. Ruthaki

I don't see that he did anything wrong, nor was he being 'arrogant' and 'rude'. He's an interviewer. He has a right to ask questions, in particular what this woman had in her book. All she harped on was 'it's in the book'. Well, we (as viewers) and Piers (as interviewer) wanted to know what that was so what was so wrong with her answering? As far as I was concerned she's just another loud mouth like Sarah Palin with nothing very valid to say.

August 18, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  69. rick s.

She doesn't want to say that she believes gay marriage is wrong in her view and that she thinks federal governemnt somehow has the right to tell Americans what is right for them. Obviously, she knows exactly howAmericans feel about this issue and it is a polarizing issue but if she would contend that she thinks its a states' rights issue she would be okay in her eyes. So I'm going to assume that she would like more government and that she would listen to the same "experts" that she did before. If I lived in Delaware I would vote for some one else. Ron Paul 2012!!!!

August 18, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  70. MarkW

Like some others posting on this thread, I am not the greatest fan of Piers Morgan ... but he was just doing his job. Here was a "Tea Party" politician going on his CNN show to plug her book and PM was simply asking a question on a subject that was in her book. Doh! As a New York Times journalist observed in a Twitter post: "Christine O'Donnell is the first author in the history of publishing to walk out of a TV interview because the host apparently read her book". After this episode, I would love to see Ms. O'Donnell being interviewed on BBC TV by Jeremy Paxman who always gives any politician a "hard time" on BBC2's weekday "Newsnight". The same goes for Stephen Sackur on "HARDtalk" seen across the world on BBC News Channel. And congratulations to CNN for not editing out the "walk out" and screening it "as live".

August 18, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  71. Zane S.

I WROTE THE BOOK! No Joke!

Btw Samantha I like ur bloggz ! Try facebook! ?

August 18, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  72. sarah

Why are you giving that flake so much attention. With all that's going on why don't you interview someone like Hillary Clinton. I wonder how many think winning all the " Big STates" in the primary was so trivial now. She's obviously more than qualified and having Bill as a husband wouldn't hurt. I hope people learned something from all this–you don't vote for someone because it's time and cool to vote for a minority(although I probably would have done the same thing when I was a kid) . I don't know anyone that voted for Clinton that was prejudice against that lovely man, they simply thought he wasn't qualified yet.

August 18, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  73. Texas

This just proves how these tea party people can't back up what garbage they spill out of their pie holes. She looks like a typical GOP idiot.

August 18, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  74. DanoMcRoo

Who is Pierce Morgan?

August 18, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  75. chuck

Why doesn;t she do what Palin does. Have FOX Build her own little studio in her home, and read from a scripted card. That is all she or Palin can handle- She looks so dense..I almost have pity for her. Dunce is correct.

August 18, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  76. Chris

Piers, Pleasssssse, dont give these teaparty idiots anymore air time.

August 18, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  77. MikeBell

Too many talking heads act more like the ring leader of a lynch mob. They're more interested in poking at someone to find something that makes their guest twitch so that they can manipulate the conversation to their own ends.
    Too many of these adult sized punks have been getting away with picking on or at people since their youth.
    The media is long over due for civil and respectful discourse. Sad thing is too many of these talking heads have no clue what that is.

August 18, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

Gimme a break.. Piers wasn't asking her to reveal her income; he just asked her about her views on Gay Marriage, an important social issue today. The lady was running to be a US Senator less than a year ago. She can't answer a simple question?

August 18, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  78. Tom

A year ago O'Donnell was running for the United States Senate. Did she think journalists would just plug her book without gently pushing her on important issues today? I mean, this isn't Faux News. Besides, Piers wasn't being rude at all. O'Donnell just got caught being asked a question she wasn't expecting to answer and she panicked.

August 18, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  79. just asking

kingkong5, you think CO was wrong to refuse to answer PM's questions about gay marriage and I think he was just plain rude the way he kept insisting she answer him. Shall we simply agree to disagree?

August 18, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  80. Tom

Whenever a guest walks out on a show like this, it is ALWAYS the guest who looks foolish; this is no exception. If O'Donnell REALLY didn't want to answer the question (and let's get real, it wasn't really a difficult question) she should have just repeated, "Sorry, Piers, I'd rather not answer the question", and STAY IN HER SEAT. Now O'Donnell just looks scared of questions, and everyone has seen the clip.

August 18, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dj

I don't know if you watched the whole show or just the clips that they are showing of when she left, but it wasn't the question on Gay Marriage that made her just jump up and leave. He had been making her feel uncomfortable through out the entire interview. Opening with her Witch commercial and her comments from the 1990's. Then he dug up more footage of her from the 1990's MTV and started hammering her about her views on 'masturbation' and if she 'lusted' in her heart'. By the time he got to the 'Gay Marriage' question, he had already come across as a jerk.... and I happen to be a Democrat who does not share Christine O'Donnell's political views, but I do not like to see someone treated so disrespectfully.

August 18, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  81. Patrick

I can see it now. "I'm sorry (Leader of the Soviet Union) I don't want to talk to you about a possible armed forces issue, I want to talk to you about what I want to talk about. You are just being a mean Leader of the Soviet Union" and I am not going to sit here and listen to this. (Walks out of meeting). How the hell does someone like this wind up getting as far as she has in politics?

August 18, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  82. lolly22

I must not be keeping up with the political news, or there's so many new names out there that I can't recall ever hearing of her. You go Piers!

August 18, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  83. Snippysnap

She clearly does not belong in politics. Perhaps it was best she rode off on her broom!

August 18, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  84. hgc

Piers you are a spoiled Brit whiner. You keep asking everyone you meet what they thought of Cristine O'Donnell walking out on you. She didn't storm off the set. She got fed up with your British crap of grinding over the same question when she told you repeadely to move on. Is English a second language for you? Kudos to her for telling you politely to f...k off. Perhaps if she hit you upside the head with a 2 x4 four you might get it. Can't believe you still don't get it. She was the guest you insulted her. Do you insult your friends when you invite them to you home by grinding over the same point incessently? Cowboy up!!!! Stop whining!!!

August 18, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  85. terri s

I didn't think Piers was rude at all. It is in her book, it was a legit question. She even made a statement that he should ask qeustions she wanted to answer. Since when did interviews work that way?

August 18, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  86. Fr33th1nk3r

Well, she and her cohort Sarah Palin both might be dumber than a fencepost, but they are also pretty easy on the eyes to look at. Sorry...I know that contributes absolutely nothing constructive to the conversation...

August 18, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  87. Pepperbeach

Wow-
    O'Donnell–I don't know your first name..You have a national venue and nothing to say except you don't like an interviewer's tone? Do you know how many people out here actually have intelligent thoughts, even ideas and don't have prime time on CNN? Say something of value or go away. Who are you anyway

August 19, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  88. pepperbeach

PS...how sad CNN dumbed down when they got rid of Elliot Spitzer...the line up is still very good, but without Spitzer in the mix, it's not longer as compelling.

August 19, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  89. vet2640

Helloooo Mr. Morgan
    All this is your and CNNS' fault, you sir, are a gentleman and should not waste your and my valuable time on crap like o'donnell. This is not news, much less entertainment. Otherwise, keep up the good work at CNN.
    ALOHA

August 19, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  90. gaga

I think her reaction, as I watched the whole interview, was based on the clips and info from her past ads and shows. If you look close you will see her get red, blush and try to maintain her composure even before the gay marriage questions. I think she use this question as a chance to get out of the interview because Piers was really exposing her weaknesses and inconsistent anwers with facts. It all became too much for her to support her flimsey politics. I agree with others that she didn't write the book--why would you become so off balance from questions that anyone would ask?

August 19, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  91. Mariee

Hate the way Piers looks and talks but this was funny.

August 19, 2011 at 4:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  92. ralph krall

18 August 2011

Piers Morgan’s interview with Christine O’ Donnell.

Christine, to start with, you are taking yourself too seriously, you are nobody but a silly woman making silly comments about simple life.

All politicians are liars and you would become an expert were you to continue in this career.

Obviously you have married a man who has not fulfilled your fantasies and now you are trying to replace them with public acknowledgement and wanting to be worshipped.

Well, you can whistle in the wind because women like you don’t know the truth even if it stared you in the face and don’t dare quote the Catholic thing.

The fact that you have to cross yourself before an interview shows me that you are insane and two faced.

If you were for real, you would know that religion is ‘sacred and secret’ and if you have to justify yourself because you are a Catholic, you have understood nothing.

You have at least another forty years of seeking before you should pick up a pen and write anything again.

You are a flash in the pan and a new hat like Sarah Palin, here today and gone tomorrow.

You cannot even substantiate your own stupid remarks, go back to the woodcutter’s village you came from and be silent for the next forty years and then just maybe you might have learnt to say something of consequence.

Imagine if one of your children were to be gay, God forbid, what they would have to go through.

You keep on talking about your forefathers who started the American Bill of Rights when you have not the slightest idea what you are talking about.

You and your Tea Party hooligans are treading a lot of hot air.

In any case, Piers Morgan was very polite to you, it was you who did not have the brains to continue and therefore you will never live this down.

God forbid you would come within 100 miles of Washington; we would have to look forward to another witch hunt.

You should bake brownies, if you know how, you are the original bigot.

I am very afraid for you and your ridiculous Tea Party and your phony Catholic behavior.

Ralph Krall

August 19, 2011 at 4:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  93. darladavis

The interview itself never did seem to get on the right track because the questions Morgan wanted to ask simply did not coincide with the answers O’Donnell wanted to provide. http://bit.ly/nDAX2v

August 19, 2011 at 6:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  94. James

I see you are still trying to get your pound of flesh CNN. The Gay issue is not of interest to anyone including me. I could care less weather a person is or isn't gay and their stand on the issue. Stop beating a dead horse. Yellow journalism is CNN's specialty and you certainly add to it.

August 19, 2011 at 6:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  95. Brucey

No follow thru. She forgot the second piece of advice Sarah P gave to her about writing a book. 1. Find a good 'co-author' LOL, to write the book. 2. WREAD THE BOOK!!. lol

August 19, 2011 at 7:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  96. William Ballard

Maybe her spell didn't work on old Piers. Sad!!

August 19, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  97. Adedolapo Durojaiye

Why in the world would Piers even consider Christine O'Donnell on his show? Piers, you don't cast your pearls before swine like Christine. O'donnell does what witches do when they are faced with the truth, they either fly away or walk away, so she walked off your set. Christine O'Donnell is not only a self confessed WITCH, she is an empty headed liar. She should be kept in a cage and put permanently in a ZOO.

August 19, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  98. THunter99

These Tea party women, I mean, really. They can't handle interviews without a hissy fit, or without notes written on their hands like junior high schoolers cheating on an eight-grade civics class quiz, and they want to run the country. How's THAT for scary? These gals could mess up a cup of coffee; you don't give them executive power.

August 19, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  99. Jean

Good for you!

August 19, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  100. Thomas Mc

How DARE he talk about the things she talked about to make a name for herself.
    The nerve!

But hey, without hypocrisy, the Tea Party wouldn't have anything to offer except lies, bigotry and hate.

August 19, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  101. felixelgato

Christine O'Donnell got all flustered when she was asked a question requiring an answer not on her script. She kept looking off screen at her handler who at first told her how to respond verbally and then told her to walk away. Obviously, Christine is incapable of thinking for herself or maybe she is just incapable of thinking.

August 19, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • excitizen

Makes it painfully obvious that SHE DIDN'T WRITE THE BOOK!!!! Hello! McFly!

August 19, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  102. Kevin in Atlanta

Christine wrote the book (supposedly). The book contains her opinion on Gay marriage. So why was Piers' question on Gay marriage "rude"?

Seriously, why are all the cute republican women psychotic?

August 19, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  103. Sonny

Christine O'DonKey is a dump cow because she can not answer a simple question on social issue the how does she run and stay in the politic arena? Somebody gets this witch off air. The word "STUPID" is written over her face. Hat off to Piers Morgan.

August 19, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  104. DonnaScudder

Many times I've seen interviewers read passages from the guest's book and then follow up with questions. Piers, after getting no answer from O'Donnell should have done just that. Once her views were aired from the book , she would have had no choice but to answer his questions about it. I wonder why he didn't do that? She staged the whole thing, not a doubt in my mind, Notice everyone is talking about her now after months of her not being on the politcal scene. She punked you Piers, shame on letting her get by with it.

August 19, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  105. Ron Bond

Thanks for exposing Christine O'Donnel for the child she is. I wouldn't vote for her for high scholl class president, since she is too immature for the post.

August 19, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  106. ClaudeRaines

Wow, comments on this subject are all over the map but it seems that the vast majority see Christine O'Donnel for what she really is, a wannabe politician. I do not know if she wrote the book, her performance leads me to believe she did not, but that is not nearly as important as what it says about the tea party. Let's see, O'Donnel was dumb enough to talk about dabbling in witchcraft, yet does not have the courage to stand behind her convictions; Bachman probably still thinks she can "cure" gays; Perry clearly is a Bush clone with better hair and definitely deserves to be called an idiot by one of Dubya's own cronies.
    Frankly I don't care about the political leaning of talk show hosts, they are going to ask questions skewed towards their views so let the interviewee be forewarned and beware, or don't do the interview. O'Donnel has not been relevant for some time now and maybe this was a stunt to get her back in the public eye. Too bad she wound up with a black eye in the end.
    By the way, what is all this crap being raised by the Republicans about O'Bama taking a vacation? Aren't both houses of Congress on a hiatus? Talk about the pot calling the kettle an African-American. I was a long term Republican but I am on the fence after the debt ceiling debacle and listening to the railings of the far right who appear to be the tail wagging the dog. I am a Christian but these people scare me. Christ or any religion for that matter has no place in politics. If the Republicans do not put forth a viable candidate (one who truly has the peoples' interest in mind) for President then I for one will jump the fence. Wake up GOP and listen to Warren Buffet – get more from those who make a million or more, they can well afford to give back to the country that makes it possible for them to be rich.

August 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • excitizen

You make some excellent points Claude – I live in Canada now and am always so disgusted when they cry you'll kill the eonomy (which is btw already dead) if you increase taxes, even only on the very rich. Well up here, we pay more taxes, especially the wealthy, and it hasn't destroyed jobs, or companies investing in Canada either (including GM and Ford). People are just so easily lead, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY PEOPLE LIKE O'DONNELL and BACKMANN get the consideration they do. Anyone with 1/2 brain can see through the lies and total BS they spew!

The same exact people (republicans and tea party members) who almost destroyed us financially during the recent debt limit negotiations who absolutely WILL NOT GET RID OF SUBSIDIES FOR BILLIONAIR OIL COMPANIES, but want to take away grandma's Medicare that SHE PAID INTO ALL OF HER LIFE! Gawd – sometimes I'm just so embarrased to have been born in the US – keep'm dumb – they're easier to lie to!

August 19, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • ClaudeRaines

Thank you excitizen, I have a friend who was born in Florida and now lives in Ireland. Canada's tax structure is based on Great Britain's and I once heard it is over 30%,

Angela, Piers did not mock O'Donnel, he merely asked why she did that, as would I and I am a catholic. How could one ask God to sanction a lying politician wannabe? Why would he?

August 19, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  107. angela

Piers – What was really creepy was you making fun of your guest when she made the sign of the cross just before the interview. You should know better.

August 19, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • 2cents4free

You and O'donnell are creepy.

August 23, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  108. excitizen

Angela – what is really "creepy" is you defending a liar politian who thinks that God is going to help her be a better liar on a T.V. interview!!!!!
    For the love of God and Country PLEASE educate yourself!

August 19, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  109. herbert butler

What you don't understand is that Christine O'Donnell is a Michelle Bachmann wannabe. The "I'm Michelle Bachmann and I'm running for president" mantra is an excuse she uses not to answer questions she doesn't want to answer. Christine O'Donnell thinks that applies to her too.

August 19, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  110. Whicket williams

This whole thing is the worst bit of self serving B543s567 I have ever seen And It just goes to show the kind of people who watch cnn, that they allow this to go on unchallenged. No intelligent person can watch this without wanting to vomit

August 19, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  111. nan

As the interviewer, Morgan should have kept the interview going by asking different questions. He was trying to make a point – at her expense – that he was in charge. He NEVER would have treated a man in such a manner. It all started asking her if she still didn't believe in masturbation. That's ridiculous! Let Clinton come on and ask him about having his privates sucked. Do you think Clinton would talk about that? It's the past and not something that should be talked about or is even of any interest to anyone. He went from the masturbation into the gay marraige. He was trying to trip her up – to upset the interview to make himself look bigger. He's an arrogant Brit and I can't stand to listen to him talk!

August 19, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  112. JayW

who does this guy think he is ? "O'Donnell had no right to walk off the set." she had every right to walk off the set it's these kind of media elitist that give the media in general a bad name. IMO the questions he was asking her were entirely inappropriate.Yes I know I am old fashioned but still I mean have some respect for woman. Not only were his questions out of line but the context and manner in which he asked them were unprofessional. that was a quote from my FB blog Maybe it's because you are from the UK and its a cultural thing but here in the good ol USA we don't disrespect ladies,maybe you didn't get a chance to meet many ladies in the UK ,but the edicate of our country would dictate that you should have handled that allot differently with a somewhat serious tone and not with the intent of embarrassing her.

August 19, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Brian

Yep. Disappointing. Piers abandoned the issues of news for sensationalism, asking questions formulated to make the biggest splash and perhaps go the farthest toward embarrassing his guest. Masturbation, the subject of the out-of-context video snippet from earlier in his interviewee's life, came up in questions he posed, not for knowledgeable inquiry but for painting her in the worst light. Again with gay marriage, something which requires a bit more than a yes or no answer to explain one's position accurately, Piers went for the kill, not for genuine inquiry. It was a personal attack rather than an honest interview. Useless, for someone looking for news.

The extent of his viciousness toward O'Donnell suggests a strong personal bias against her rather than the impartiality of a legitimate inquiry. Makes you wonder. Piers drops off my list.

August 20, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  113. Girl

By walking off the air during the interview, she only encouraged other journalists and reporters to ask her the same question PIers did to make her walk off: her stance on gay marriage. Hopefully, this time her people would have told her what was actually written in HER OWN BOOK so she doesn't look like a stubborn idiot once again. I am not a supporter of Christine O'Donnel, but please, you're making women look bad by being a puppet controlled by the Tea Party.

August 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  114. Esmeralda

And "POOF", she disappeared and my car was toad!

August 22, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  115. Jerry

And you people are still talking about this because??????????????? Tabloid journalism.

August 22, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  116. 2cents4free

CheeseSteak nailed it:
    "Someone wrote a book for her and she didn't read it. "

August 23, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  117. MikeB

Piers Morgan is just lucky she didn't turn him into a newt.

August 23, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  118. Tom in the Great NW

O'Donnell – another WOODEN HEADED, WITCH-BEHOLDING, teanut-gop member.
    And I am going to help the teanut party right now:
    1 – LIBYA IS IN NORTH AFRICA
    2 – VIRGINIA IS IN THE US
    3 – MARTHA'S VINEYARD IS IN MASSACHUSETTS
    ...............glad to help – now you can graduate; from idiots TO FANTASTIC IDIOTS

August 23, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  119. Rowdy Roddy Piper

"Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions."

August 23, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  120. Jim

Apparently she feels very strongly about the subject. Piers already knew the answer, so it was for effect only. However, perhaps someone should ask Piers what he thinks about gays and see if he will give an honest answer. Judging from his body language on America's Got Talent and his comments, I think he and Christine are on the same page on that one.

August 24, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  121. JW

Piers needs to watch out! Christine might cast a spell in his direction. Oh, I forgot. She is not a witch. :)

August 24, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  122. Very nice and trustwothy website! A lot of helpful info. I was hoping for this.Thank you for sharing! property in greece

I would like to add my voice to the choir and say that the results you get with this program are remarkable for the price. I spend more than those 97 dollars on Wii games for my son, but this actually made his life much better and it's for keeps. I am just so relieved now.

December 1, 2011 at 6:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  123. Margo Paciolla

Running is pretty slow. And jerky. Take level 2 of extralevels, for example. At the end, you have to quickly run off a cliff. If you just hold the right arrow key down, you will fail. The only way to complete that level is to repeatedly press the right arrow key.

December 7, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  124. Lizeth Macvean

Hey There. I found your blog the use of msn. This is an extremely smartly written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your helpful info. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.

December 11, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse | Reply